Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EBOT 2011 June

Default EBOT 2011 June

Europa Barbarorum Online Tournament 2011 June

Point System

A very straightforward point system will be used. For each win, you gain one point. For each loss, you lose one point. NO TEAM GAMES.

There are two sets of points. Each player has his own point count. The second point count is the factional point count. Each faction has a number of wins and a number of losses equivalent to the total wins and losses of all players using that faction during that tourney month. Points only are counted for every month. There are no rollover points.

Signing Up
    Threads like these must be set up one or two weeks prior to the beginning of the tourney. Registrations will not be accepted after the start of the month. Let this be an example. To sign up for the tourney, reply to this post with your faction of choice. And I mean your final choice of faction. No changes will be allowed mid-way through the tourney. Once it begins, you're set. The only option you will have is to opt-out of the tourney (that is also final; no opt-out and then resume; if you have to have a week off, that's fine, but don't "fold your cards" unless you're completely sure).

Note: On Hamachi and in-game you must use the same name you use on The Guild. This is to avoid confusion. If you have a really long name, like "Hannibal Khan the Great", and you choose to use usernames like Hannibal Khan, that's fine. A shortened version of a long name is fine as long as it is recognizable.

Replays
    You must upload and submit replays by posting links to the replays here in the form of a reply. Remember to state who you played against and who the winner was. Only winners are allowed to post replays so as to avoid duplicates. Thank you.

Jury
    Every month, the tourney will have not only participating players but also jury members. Jury members cannot double as players in the same month, and players cannot double as jury members in the same month. The Jury is a board of a maximum of 9 members that adjudicate cases of conflict and protest. The minimum size of the Jury is 3 because it takes the agreement of 3 Jury members to come to a final verdict on who the winner was in special cases and whether cheating took place in protests for disqualification (DQ, wherein the game is not counted toward gain or loss). Three cases of cheating and the player is removed from that month's tourney, and his score contribution removed from the factional score as well. To be a Jury member you must state below that you wish to be so. Remember: This means you will not participate as a player and will solely make yourself available to review replays for cases of protest and conflict. There presumably won't be too many of these, so it shouldn't be much of a problem! All Jury members are respected and admired for their sacrifice. Thank you all.

And that's about it. If you want more of the nitty-gritty details, such as rules, what to do, what not to do, what to expect, etc., visit the website (it's a must-read for even the oldies). Find it at www.ebonline.tk. Use the contact button (links to our email: contact@ebonline.tk) for any concerns, questions or suggestions.

Networks
    EB Online #1 (non-tournament)
    Network ID: 031-664-896
    Password: eb

EB Online #2 (tournament)
    Network ID: 041-531-937
    Password: eb

EBOT 2011 June Score Report Schedule
    12 June 2011
    Info
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Scores

19 June 2011
    Info

Scores

26 June 2011
    Info

Scores

1 July 2011 (Final Results)
    Info

Scores

Last edited by vartan; 07-02-2011 at 00:23.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Default Re: EBOT 2011 June

I'm igning up with my trusty, old Arverni.

Randomer10 will also fight as Averni, since they field the most cost effective mass murderers in the game.

But since Averni can't fight against Nomads and have a lesser chance against phalanx then maybe I will fight as Rome or Carthage against them.

So what are you going to play as exactly?

And you're going with the name Randomer10?

Just making sure...
    Former Projects:

Averni against all factions which do not use super long range archers, fear units, phalanx, or horse archers.

Will then switch to Rome or Carthage, based upon whim.

The main reason is Averni lack of armoured archers and the longsword units in broad mass lack morale to be a line-holders.

Unless the Averni can be given rhodian mercs or the bataroas mercs edited into being more expensive but with same moral as neitos - for there is no broad mass unit in between which has good morale.

The tight mass units are fine, but if I use an army entirely made of them then it takes too little space on the battlefield - unless I field over 15 such units.

I need one balanced army with broad mass units, but another army entirely made of tight mass units and cav (infnatry spam, no missiles units).

Oh and as Randomer10
    Last edited by VikingPower; 05-10-2011 at 01:26.

Signing Up
    Threads like these must be set up one or two weeks prior to the beginning of the tourney. Let this be an example. To sign up for the tourney, reply to this post with your faction of choice. And I mean your final choice of faction. No changes will be allowed mid-way through the tourney. Once it begins, you're set. The only option you will have is to opt-out of the tourney (that is also final; no opt-out and then resume; if you have to have a week off, that's fine, but don't "fold your cards" unless you're completely sure).
    Important part in red and bolded.

EDIT: Feel free to game with anyone as you wish, though. The tourney is sure to bring an influx of gamers.
    Former Projects:

Randomer10 not playing then.

I am contented with normal matches.

And I don't care about your rules.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower View Post
    Randomer10 not playing then.

I am contented with normal matches.

And I don't care about your rules.
    I appreciate it.
    Former Projects:

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Sign me up, Lusotanna. And my nick will be |Sith|2|Lazyo.

Also vartan; is there a rule that you cant play x player more than x amount of times?
    Last edited by Lazy O; 05-10-2011 at 18:14.

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

I'm thinking about starting to do some EB MP but I'm using Alex.exe for EB and Jirisys mega pack, I gess I'll need a clean RTW.exe install for it?

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    I'm igning up with my trusty, old Arverni.
    Good luck :)

Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower View Post
    Randomer10 will also fight as Averni, since they field the most cost effective mass murderers in the game.

But since Averni can't fight against Nomads and have a lesser chance against phalanx then maybe I will fight as Rome or Carthage against them.
    Good luck too :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Sign me up, Lusotanna. And my nick will be |Sith|2|Lazyo.

Also vartan; is there a rule that you cant play x player more than x amount of times?
    Wait, YOU are Sith? Ah, lol I thought it said Sith2LAYO. Hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    I'm thinking about starting to do some EB MP but I'm using Alex.exe for EB and Jirisys mega pack, I gess I'll need a clean RTW.exe install for it?
    Yes, It seems the MP has errors and crashes :(

I would have made a backuper; but I was too lazy. Yes, EB clean with EBMP EDU.

Also, if there are going to be judges, then I want to be one :)

~Jirisys ()
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    Good luck :)

I would have made a backuper; but I was too lazy. Yes, EB clean with EBMP EDU.

~Jirisys ()
    Lucky this time I've put a clean RTW1.5 in a rar so its just a matter about extracting it and installing EB :)
    And for some minutes I was realy scared that I had screwed my awesome Pontus and lusos campains because of the trivialscript+megapack+MP_EDUinstaller but luckly I could fix it. =)
    Now, after installing EB for MP, to some pratice, after so many time fighting AI I gess I will be pretty dull at MP...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    No, there is not.
    Your post was awfully long, haha. I'll sign you up.
    Lucky this time I've put a clean RTW1.5 in a rar so its just a matter about extracting it and installing EB :)
    And for some minutes I was realy scared that I had screwed my awesome Pontus and lusos campains because of the trivialscript+megapack+MP_EDUinstaller but luckly I could fix it. =)
    Now, after installing EB for MP, to some pratice, after so many time fighting AI I gess I will be pretty dull at MP...
    I don't recognize your name so I take it if you've ever played MP, it's been with friends or people you know, not strangers. That's a good thing, you'll gain experience! Which faction do you wish to register as?
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    No, there is not.

Your post was awfully long, haha. I'll sign you up.

I don't recognize your name so I take it if you've ever played MP, it's been with friends or people you know, not strangers. That's a good thing, you'll gain experience! Which faction do you wish to register as?
    No, as far as I remember I've never played EB MP, and if I did with any TW at all was a long time ago.
    I'm praticing in customs to get some notions about the kind of army I'll choose since I allways play campain and its a totaly diferent logic.

I've yet to choose but probably Lusos or Suebi (I'm sooooo going to get so pawned, lol).

BTW, I cant find any definite rules and settings for EB, where they are (mnai, size settings, unit restritions, etc)?
    Edit, lol, nevermind, there's a link to it in your signature XD
    Since there are already Lusos I'm rolling Sweboz!
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 05-10-2011 at 22:40.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

If I'm not too busy with SCII, I might as well take a spin as AS.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    If I'm not too busy with SCII, I might as well take a spin as AS.
    You better not be too busy with that silly sequel. Time to pull out the big guns munky.
    Former Projects:

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Yes, I feel like being the most imbalanced faction in EB.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

I need to brush up on my skills for this, but all the major exams will be over by then, so I should have time.

Dunno who to sign up as. Afraid to get my ass kicked by phalanxes if I go with trust ol' Sauromatae...will have to look at rosters once again! :D

AS actually has a ridiculous roster...
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    AS actually has a ridiculous roster...
    Yes. For those who are new or don't know the history behind EB Online, the first summer tourney session champion was MegasJinandJuice who won first place (gold; "Golden Kataphract"). He played as none other than AS.
    Former Projects:

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Yes. For those who are new or don't know the history behind EB Online, the first summer tourney session champion was MegasJinandJuice who won first place (gold; "Golden Kataphract"). He played as none other than AS.
    Wasn't Saba the winner of last year's?

~Jirisys ()
    Because we all need to compensate...

Sign me up I suppose, I'll be Macedon. Antigonos forevaaaa!

Nickname: MrStuka

Wasn't Saba the winner of last year's?
    MisterFred (Saba) tied with Antisocialmunky (Koinon Hellenon) for first place last year, but I was talking about 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stuka View Post
    Sign me up I suppose, I'll be Macedon. Antigonos forevaaaa!

Nickname: MrStuka
    Welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see a former lurker on board. Let me know if you have problems connecting.
    Former Projects:

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Hah, don't forget he was Romani first, I slaughtered him as AS multiple times so he decided to switch to AS! That being said, I'd like to play as the sons of Seleukos!

Now let's find a good place for post 1000....

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Sign me up as Burebista . Carthage is mine.

I've got a few questions regarding rules.

1 - Can we use any unit to be general bodyguard or should we stick to standart one?

2 - Who choses the battle map for each round? For Ex western barbarians would be at advantage at while fighting in forests but in great trouble when fighting a steppe's army in its own habitat.

3 - How much historical must be tactics? It'll be ok to use successor phalanx tactics with Sweboz (Speutagardaz as anvil lol) or consular tactics with lusos or should both factions stick to good old warband style, ambushes, etc?

And btw, anyone for some pratice today? I've never did MP with EB so I should get some experience.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 05-12-2011 at 17:30.

1 - Can we use any unit to be general bodyguard or should we stick to standart one?
    Yes.
    2 - Who choses the battle map for each round? For Ex western barbarians would be at advantage at while fighting in forests but in great trouble when fighting a steppe's army in its own habitat.
    The person hosting the battle. If you do not like the battle map, remake with a different map. This is why most people like to play on relatively level maps. I still recommend EB maps because they are more diverse than a grassland. Grasslands are really whack, to use colloquial terminology, because they lack anything you could use tactically, such as a small forest and what else have you.
    3 - How much historical must be tactics? It'll be ok to use successor phalanx tactics with Sweboz (Speutagardaz as anvil lol) or consular tactics with lusos or should both factions stick to good old warband style, ambushes, etc?
    Use whatever tactics that help you actually win, historical or otherwise.
    Former Projects:

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Grasslands are used since they offer no advantage to either side, maps with forests, etc.. encourage camping.

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Was that yes referring to using any unit as a BG or to sticking to general's BG units?
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Was that yes referring to using any unit as a BG or to sticking to general's BG units?
    It was linguistic cleverness. The question was this or that. By answering yes the point I'm trying to make is you may use both actual general's units as generals as well as other, ordinary units, whether they be mounted or dismounted. Anything is fine as the general on the field. I hope that answers your question (=
    Former Projects:

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I've got a few questions regarding rules.

And btw, anyone for some pratice today? I've never did MP with EB so I should get some experience.
    I'm going to log on for a little while tonight.

And to Vartan, yes it does, thank you. Often cleverness, like sarcasm is lost over the internet.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 05-13-2011 at 00:24.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast