Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: EBOT 2011 June

Default Re: EBOT 2011 June

What's this I hear about idle units having their shields doubled? Some sort of bug?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

No.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Site got a re-haul early this morning. And some quick updates were announced on the home page. The most important was that Bastarnae Falx are limited to 2 to any player.
    Former Projects:

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

You know what? I'll change faction as well. Put me up as Ptolemaioi Epeiros.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 05-26-2011 at 23:20.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Not when they dont have armor upgrades, they are killable with proper harrasment and tactics.
    Nah, if I hold fire against HAs, I can basically run them out of ammo with very light casualties. They get shot to ribbons if they flank so the only method is to take a cata-archer for each of them. I can basically kill most of your archers and then cease fire and my archer won't die unless you flank.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

So what exactly do we need installed to play? Am currently in the middle of a campaign on 1.2 without anything else.

Didn't reply earlier because I was in the middle of exams, now finished. ;)

Might join this, though all nice factions are taken. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    So what exactly do we need installed to play? Am currently in the middle of a campaign on 1.2 without anything else.

Didn't reply earlier because I was in the middle of exams, now finished. ;)

Might join this, though all nice factions are taken. :P
    They're not really 'taken' old timer! Good to see you here. The instructions page is on the site (it's called 'getting started'), but you simply need the list of 'required' items on that page. As you can see, it asks for high speed connection, EB 1.2 with fixes, the EBO MP EDU v2.0, and Hamachi software.

http://www.ebonline.tk/getting-started/

Couple of notes.
    **First, install Hamachi if you haven't already and log onto those networks to make sure it works. Most definitely do not alter network adapter priorities as we used to before EBO. This newest version of Hamachi by default installs in the right priority position.
    **Also, make sure you activate the MP EDU by way of Trivial Script (simply choosing 'multiplayer' from drop-down menu and clicking 'save') every multiplayer session. This is because if you were just playing SP and log online, you might wonder why every game is incompatible.
    **Finally, there is a required item listed called EB MP Load Replay Mod. This confuses some people. Many may believe that you can review replays in EB SP. Yes you can but have you ever wondered why a warning notice pops up right before it loads the replay? That's because you're loading on a different EDU. EB MP doesn't have a load option in the main menu; this 'mod' places that option back in. Hence the MP Load Replay Mod.
    Former Projects:

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

You can still pick those factions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Well, since everyone is changing factions I'll do the same too....
    But not to a puny so called "civilized" faction! The mighty Lusotannan it shall be!

(at least theyre a bit more versatile than Sweboz :P)

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

I think, I'll participate again this time although my english and EB skills are rusting.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Quote Originally Posted by Kival View Post
    I think, I'll participate again this time although my english and EB skills are rusting.
    Kival, it's good to see a familiar face. Which faction will it be this time around, old-timer?
    Former Projects:

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Ah he did fine in his first battle back :D
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I will try my luck as Pontos this time.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

I humbly suggest that skirmishers limit for Lusotannan to be raized a little, maybe to 8.. Why? Because afaik historicaly they relied a lot on them (caetrannan would be also skirmishers in RL) and since most of their cavalry is skirmisher (3 skirmisher cavalry and 3 foot skirmishers seems to few for lusos IMHO).
    Maybe to make up for that you could decrease the availability of mercs to them to 3 or 4 since theire Goidlics and I doubt that there should be a lot of them available for a Luso Warlord or maybe "archers" since they only have slingers (wouldnt be 5 balearics a bit OP?)
    BTW, wouldnt be easiest for a Iberian warlord to get his hands on some Numidians than Goidilics? At least afaik Sertorius used them (but yes, he was a roman not lusitanian).

And also I think there should be fixed a limit to historically rare/unique units like Dosidataskeli, Dubosaverlacica, TAB, Sacred Band, etc.

I have womped a few people with this type of army so far:

2 Dubosaverlacica
    3 Eiras
    5 Caetranaan (1 Exp)
    6 Gaesamica (1 Exp)
    4 Iberi Milites

Yeah, that's 5 Elite infantry. Scary and command infantry are awesome...

It's also doable as Gauls, and I'll have to try it as the Sweboz sometime.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

"To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    I humbly suggest that skirmishers limit for Lusotannan to be raized a little, maybe to 8.. Why? Because afaik historicaly they relied a lot on them (caetrannan would be also skirmishers in RL) and since most of their cavalry is skirmisher (3 skirmisher cavalry and 3 foot skirmishers seems to few for lusos IMHO).
    Maybe to make up for that you could decrease the availability of mercs to them to 3 or 4 since theire Goidlics and I doubt that there should be a lot of them available for a Luso Warlord or maybe "archers" since they only have slingers (wouldnt be 5 balearics a bit OP?)
    BTW, wouldnt be easiest for a Iberian warlord to get his hands on some Numidians than Goidilics? At least afaik Sertorius used them (but yes, he was a roman not lusitanian).

And also I think there should be fixed a limit to historically rare/unique units like Dosidataskeli, Dubosaverlacica, TAB, Sacred Band, etc.
    Almost everything from luso throws javs so no extra skirmishers required , unless you want to bring those 14 jav cav u[o your enemies ( which is pretty useless imho , tested)
    Also , goidillic mercs are amazing , 900 for a 120 man unit that good..eiras , command ability .....cladaca , AP javs at 1200 ..what is there not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Burebista View Post
    Almost everything from luso throws javs so no extra skirmishers required , unless you want to bring those 14 jav cav u[o your enemies ( which is pretty useless imho , tested)
    Also , goidillic mercs are amazing , 900 for a 120 man unit that good..eiras , command ability .....cladaca , AP javs at 1200 ..what is there not to like?
    Yes, I know goidilics are awesome, I just feel completely unhistorical when using them as Lusos. XD And you forgot the Brain-Smashers :P
    Ambakaro Epones are excelent, its probably they price that makes them not so a good choice but still, I use them sometimes to great success, their AP falcatas are nasty and have 20 morale!! Or are you talking about cantabrians? I use them even more with success, lol, also have AP javelins so 2 of them are excelent general hunters :P

have womped a few people with this type of army so far:

2 Dubosaverlacica
    3 Eiras
    5 Caetranaan (1 Exp)
    6 Gaesamica (1 Exp)
    4 Iberi Milites

Yeah, that's 5 Elite infantry. Scary and command infantry are awesome...

It's also doable as Gauls, and I'll have to try it as the Sweboz some
    That is kinda what I was testing in our supposed (lol) 2x2, Eiros+Caetrannan, I gess I missed the Dubos for the extra punch :P
    How are Iberi Militis doing? I usualy never trust in them much, but probably with Eiros near maybe that could change.
    My first games as Sweboz were without cavalry to great success, but I started using it because of the changes you did to their horseman. The problem I see with Sweboz atm is that they die like fles and lose the manpower to finish the enemy very easly, I've routed the enemy main line more than one time only to not have enought man to pursuit them (and eventualy they reagruped) or to be beaten by (armoured) archers =(.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 05-31-2011 at 12:48.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Check your EDU: Cantabrians don't have ap javelins.

The Milites are mostly a meatshield. Then again over half that army's troops could be called meatshields :D

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Check your EDU: Cantabrians don't have ap javelins.
    Ups, I wanted to say falcatas, my bad. 14 javs for killing light troops and ap falcatas to take the enemy general, what else can you want ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2
    The Milites are mostly a meatshield. Then again over half that army's troops could be called meatshields :D
    haha XD I prefer a shieldwall to a meatshield but I get your point ;)

Trust me, you NEED to meatshield...

Or trees because the tree bonus is completely imbalanced.

Also, do we still want fire arrows to be banned now that general's BGs have eagle standards?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Or trees because the tree bonus is completely imbalanced.

Also, do we still want fire arrows to be banned now that general's BGs have eagle standards?
    maybe we should keep the rules fixed , as we start the tournament tomorrow?

i elieve that changes should only apply for august

General BGs are not cost effective in combat, though, so it's a trade-off to bring one...

Quote Originally Posted by Kival View Post
    I will try my luck as Pontos this time.
    Wait. There is no one who wants to fight for the honor of the celtic people? Then i need to play as Aedui.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

I would pick Aedui but LMT knows how to beat my strategy as them (I showed him ;) and ASM probably could too. So I'm instead taking the Sauromatae to battle. And I request that people don't just run away from playing me because I vary between steppe and non-steppe all the time...

Fire arrow ban is still in effect and I do not see it going anyway anytime in the near future. Maybe when management changes.

I have always considered a faction-specific 10-skirmisher limit for Lusotannan but seeing as few if any players would ever bring so many to a 36k battle (and that 24k battles have no such limits), I didn't make it official. Trust me, don't bring anywhere near 6 skirms unless they're cav if you're Luso. You'll need all the inf you can get!
    Former Projects:

Vartan I assume you haven't seen me win with the strategy I posted above? The strategy is really very powerful, except against strong, prepared players. I guess every strategy is weak to that, though.

Skirms are quite worth it against the whole Germanic Unit Rooster.

The BG Eagles make it impossible to insta-break Mediterranean troops but who knows I guess, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    Vartan I assume you haven't seen me win with the strategy I posted above? The strategy is really very powerful, except against strong, prepared players. I guess every strategy is weak to that, though.
    I wasn't a witness to it. We'll have to wait and see!
    Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    The BG Eagles make it impossible to insta-break Mediterranean troops but who knows I guess, right?
    The point is you want to make it impossible to insta-break anybody.
    Former Projects:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast