View Poll Results: Would you play another tournament with EBO MP EDU 2.1.1?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

4 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you play another tournament with EBO MP EDU 2.1.1?

Default Would you play another tournament with EBO MP EDU 2.1.1?

In other words, for the September EB Online tournament, would you play with EBO MP EDU 2.1.1? I ask this because we either host a 2.1.1 tournament or we play exhibition matches. Why? Because there is no way any reasonable person should expect to play with anything near finalized when it comes to 3.0 by September. If you answered no to this poll, please indicate what you would do instead. Would you simply play with others using whichever EDU you like?

Or, perhaps an interesting alternative, would you play with an updated version of 2.1.1? If so, what would you update in order to make this an official tournament?

Thank you,
    Vartan
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Default Re: Would you play another tournament with EBO MP EDU 2.1.1?

No. Limit it to exhibition matches. We needs more testing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    No. Limit it to exhibition matches. We needs more testing.
    Not even 2.1.1 or minor update to it?
    Former Projects:

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I would. I think there are some imbalances in 2.1.1 but that several of these are easily addressed and pretty universally recognized.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I would. I think there are some imbalances in 2.1.1 but that several of these are easily addressed and pretty universally recognized.
    Like decreasing missile range, missile atack and missile accuracy for sagitary and with same cost of 1440 mnai, they are useles now, i am now forced to use mercenaries and for imperial era precisely siryans or cretans.I agree with lazy that this need more testing...

I think we should do exhibition matches as lazyo said.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Like decreasing missile range, missile atack and missile accuracy for sagitary and with same cost of 1440 mnai, they are useles now, i am now forced to use mercenaries and for imperial era precisely siryans or cretans.I agree with lazy that this need more testing...
    Vega, missile range has been far more standardized, and higher skill does not mean higher range anymore, it means higher accuracy. Do note that I am increasing the ammunition of the Sagitarii auxilia to 40 and giving them a small shield stat as well (their description says they used a small shield, and regardless without one they are at a severe disadvantage compared to Cretans, Syrians, and especially Bosporans, though they should be inferior to all of these except Syrians).
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

WHAT THE ***************** . IMPERIALS got 10 ARMOUR!!! you say they are weak and want to give them SHEILD. 10 armour you know whats that ??!?!?!?! Thats like trying to kill heavy infantry. oh and theyve got the excellent morale to go with that, so its completley impossible to rout them and IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL THEM. Change their name they are now roman royal infantry.

Do you know what the missile system of EB is ? Its like tanks firing at each other with twigs.
    they are at a severe disadvantage compared to Cretans, Syrians, and especially Bosporans, though they should be inferior to all of these except Syrians).
    This doesnt exist none of these are significantly inferior to the other. Its like saying hey this tank is inferior to this tank but both are firing arrows and both have enough armour to take no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by -Stormrage- View Post
    WHAT THE ***************** . IMPERIALS got 10 ARMOUR!!! you say they are weak and want to give them SHEILD. 10 armour you know whats that ??!?!?!?! Thats like trying to kill heavy infantry. oh and theyve got the excellent morale to go with that, so its completley impossible to rout them and IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL THEM. Change their name they are now roman royal infantry.

Do you know what the missile system of EB is ? Its like tanks firing at each other with twigs.

This doesnt exist none of these are significantly inferior to the other. Its like saying hey this tank is inferior to this tank but both are firing arrows and both have enough armour to take no damage.
    lol storm relax the are nothing special komatai toxotai owned them when i played with gg2, you should not have problem with imperials if you choos cretans syrians or bosporans :D

I just played a game with vega, and geuss what i found out that thracian light cav dont die to arrows. Im starting to wonder what DOES die to arrows? light cav no light infantry, there's no such thing in EB .

I suggest to everyone who wants to see a baalnced EDU to go and play RS then come and apply the stuff learned to EB.

Light units in RS accually are light and not 7 armour 3 sheild tanks.(im sorry for always comapring EB to RS, but im doing so ,to better the EB EDU .
    I have yet to see a light cav in EB to die to arrows.

I know some of you will say " yah but archers are only meant to support not to win a battle " well, Archers right now arent even supporting.

All roman cavarly is not cheaper than 2500 mnai exept hispanic auxilia which cost 2300 i think, thracians cost 2700 mnai and there most be reason why they cost 2700 and i have courage to tell that they are supposed to be some kind of heavy mlee cav bcz they suck in charge, they have big shields and swords which supposed them to be less vulnerable to missiles and better in mlee than for example galic auxila, and you used sabean archers, i dont think that they are soo good to vanish my cav for a second anyway you killed 20 of 60 tracians then you admited defeat bcz my cohorts owned sabean infratry :DDD And to not spam other thread again, gallic auxilia have javelin atack 6 ? Is that mistake or something else?
    Last edited by Vega; 08-23-2011 at 02:24.

Do not discuss this here.

Lazy O is right. Posts #5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are off topic. Please stop spamming this thread. Thank you.
    Former Projects:

I just played a game with vega, and geuss what i found out that thracian light cav dont die to arrows. Im starting to wonder what DOES die to arrows? light cav no light infantry, there's no such thing in EB .

I suggest to everyone who wants to see a baalnced EDU to go and play RS then come and apply the stuff learned to EB.

Light units in RS accually are light and not 7 armour 3 sheild tanks.(im sorry for always comapring EB to RS, but im doing so ,to better the EB EDU .
    I have yet to see a light cav in EB to die to arrows.

I know some of you will say " yah but archers are only meant to support not to win a battle " well, Archers right now arent even supporting.
    By Thracian light cav do you mean a unit that has not been finished yet for 3.0? OMG REALLY? But dont expect them to be TOO much lighter for 3.0.

If you are talking about Roman auxiliary cavalry, remember those wear chain or scale armor, and some have big shields. Dont expect them to roll over and die.

And actually, the main reason for the shield strength increases was because light multipurpose cavalry simply got slaughtered by archers. They still get badly damaged by them but its no longer as bad. Remember storm we dont want people bring 4 archers/slingers in every single Roman or Hellenic army because that is ahistorical anyways. We want to see as many javelin skirmishers and light cavalry as archers.

/OT, infact you might want to move these posts to another thread later (at Ludens)
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 08-24-2011 at 09:18.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

"To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Remember storm we dont want people bring 4 archers/slingers in every single Roman or Hellenic army because that is ahistorical anyways.
    So im being forced to bring historical armies now?

EB is about you making up an army based on YOUR mind and fighting the enemy YOUR way. not ceasers way, not elxanders way, not hitlers way. not alexanders army not ceasers army not hitlers army. You can make the units as historical as possible but you cant go around changing stats so people play the way you want them to play.

He means that he doesn't want people to feel forced to bring missiles.
    From Brennus for wit.

Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Leave it to Storm lol.
    From Brennus for wit.

Here is what I do not want: people stuffing their armies with missiles out of necessity, especially if we are to transition to a limited rules system based on anti-spam rules (no bringing more than a certain number of one unit, depending on its cost) and a limit on regionals, allies, and mercenaries.

Most likely my further reductions of missile unit mass (and potentially light infantry unit mass as well) will make this a possible reality, as cavalry will be able to ride down light troops, but with lowered horse mass will get caught among heavy infantry and be unable to disperse them.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 08-26-2011 at 00:53.

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    Here is what I do not want: people stuffing their armies with missiles out of necessity, especially if we are to transition to a limited rules system based on anti-spam rules (no bringing more than a certain number of one unit, depending on its cost) and a limit on regionals, allies, and mercenaries.

Most likely my further reductions of missile unit mass (and potentially light infantry unit mass as well) will make this a possible reality, as cavalry will be able to ride down light troops, but with lowered horse mass will get caught among heavy infantry and be unable to disperse them.
    This sounds good. Very good. I hope practice validates the theory.
    Former Projects:

what should happen is, smart people dont bring many archers becuase increased spending on archers would mean less to spend on infantry and cavarly, and he would thus lose the match.

I dont think archer mass is a problem, do u see light archers fighting in melee. What we need is less morale for archers that will give the desired effect of archers getting mowed down by light cav. dont reduce horse mass, charges should be push forces. its not worth it nerfing cav just so people wouldnt make cav run throughs.

Note: i cant even rememeber why we should even bring archers, what do they do ?

Cav mass is not being reduce its being brought back to July August levels.

Thanks for voting. And thanks for playing in the 2011 season of EB Online multiplayer. Please continue playing and helping us test our 3.0 builds as we prepare it for "official" use in next year's season.
    Former Projects:

Note: i cant even rememeber why we should even bring archers, what do they do ?
    Shoot the enemy phalanx or barbarian infantry and win the key line fight in the center, the most important part. Shoot the enemy cavalry and win the cav fight, letting you turn on the enemy flanks and rear alexander-style.

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    Shoot the enemy phalanx or barbarian infantry and win the key line fight in the center, the most important part. Shoot the enemy cavalry and win the cav fight, letting you turn on the enemy flanks and rear alexander-style.
    I wish that were True. Archers cant kill cav, cant kill phalanx and can only kil the cheap barbarian units which no one brings.

I wish that were True. Archers cant kill cav, cant kill phalanx and can only kil the cheap barbarian units which no one brings.
    I've lost a frustrating amount of phalangites due to archer fire. What are you smoking? Sometimes I've felt I needed to close the lines quickly just because of the darn archer fire.
    Former Projects:

Storm must be hitting that shisha bar up a little too often.
    From Brennus for wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Storm must be hitting that shisha bar up a little too often.
    You should have seen Vega last night. He was drunk out of his mind. People are getting depressed that the season is over, and so drinking and smoking their lives away. They have lost their life's purpose.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    You should have seen Vega last night. He was drunk out of his mind. People are getting depressed that the season is over, and so drinking and smoking their lives away. They have lost their life's purpose.
    I wish this forum had a "like" button.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast