Thread: MTW " has stopped working"

Default MTW " has stopped working"

Something has just happened that is campaign ending and I'm hoping someone here has some insight on what may be happening. I fight a battle and the loss page is shown. Then instantly when clicking on the check mark, the game crashes and I get a Windows message saying what's in the subject above. Is this a known bug? Hopefully not a disc problem. Do I need to unload the game and reload it? Thanks.

I don't think it matters since I've played dozens of campaigns with this machine but I'm using Win 7/64.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Default Re: MTW " has stopped working"

Did you change anything recently on your system?

It's probably a corrupted save game file - hard luck...

Try to avoid the quicksave and pre-battle save - I always had problems with corrupted saves from those.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I have gotten those on occassion, sometimes it's just a weird gamestate. To get around it I usually have to go back a couple of years and redo everything.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

OK, got it to work with not much pain. I didn't have to go back too far - the battle was the only one so I went back to my regular save made just before doing the year end procedure. As a test, I let the AI fight the battle and since the result was very similar to what I had done, I left it stand. It was likely related to the fast save I made (I do it prior to every battle) as 'Asai" suggested. Or, maybe not - not sure if "Drone" quick saves or not but the cure was the same. Funny; in another thread, I had stated that I've been doing this (quick save) forever without a problem and I didn't put one and one together. Thanks; you all saved from a total reload.