Thread: Going out on a limb...any takers for August?

Default Going out on a limb...any takers for August?

Hi. First of all I want to say thanks to everyone for continuing to participate and contribute to our humble multiplayer experience here at EB Online. Many thanks also to newcomers who have recently come on board. There was a time not too long ago when I was more in a position to participate alongside you, to chat, play some friendlies, share moments. Despite not being able to be on the battlefield, so to speak, I'm still pleased to see many of you playing.

I want to ask if anyone would be willing to play in a, shall we call it, formal tournament in August? I'm starting to think if it wouldn't be a better idea if I just let you all play the games anytime you wish and to avoid monthly threads altogether. You would decide with your opponent whether your game was a 'ranked' one or not. Or maybe you as a community think all 'serious' (read: non-testing) games should be posted to the ladder. I would probably just have one thread wherein the initial post would be littered with spoilers. Each spoiler would hold the statistics for the months in which games were posted to the ladder. This might feel like it's not worth the time on my part if there were only a handful of games, but I find the stats very interesting, especially the all-time factional stats.

I hope y'all are enjoying your summer (or winter, for those with a southern star) along with the Olympics that accompany it this year.

Best regards,
    Vartan
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Default Re: Going out on a limb...any takers for August?

I'd be up for it.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

I'd say avoid monthly tournaments now, keep our ranked games on the ladder and play whenever we want .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

I was undergoing a change of house, so I couldn't play more than 4 games this month, but I'm in for the August tournament. I'm in favour of tournaments. They encourage a moral growth in players (at least it was the case for me this month). For another part, it will never be the same to play a tournament than a group of friendly matches. Tournaments are far more exciting and respond to a perennial issue in human condition: the desire to see who's best and to recognize the best. In them dwells the great spirit and value of human excellence and perfection. We should not avoid serious competiton. Think in the meaning of the Olympic Games, created by the ancient greeks.
    Last edited by Vlixes; 08-01-2012 at 03:03.
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

I'M all in favour for the August tournament. If only 5 matches should happen like last year, that's fine and season will be over again. But I would not opt out before.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

August tourney it is.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I'll probably only have time to play EB2 at this rate.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009