Thread: Partition problem

Default Partition problem

I have played EB for a couple of years (on and off) and sadly my hard drive went to "silicone heaven" last week, so now I am on my partners old (ish) laptop. This is not the problem.

On my old HD I had a C/D partition and had a clean install of Rome 1.5 on C and the modded version and mod on D, this worked perfectly. I have tried to do the same on my partners laptop (she has too much "stuff" on her C drive to be able to make enough space for the game and mod). So, the clean install of Rome 1.5 is fine, it playes and saves like it should, however, the EB on D drive, loads and plays fine, sadly the problem comes when trying to save as it tells me that it cannot write a save to the disk.

Any ideas on what could be the problem here?

You may have to type quite slowly and loudly as I am not the most tech savvy person in the world.

Thank you in advance for any info you may be able to provide. Even if it is just condolences for my, now departed, hard drive.
    Last edited by 75Antons; 03-06-2013 at 11:20. Reason: wrong details

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Houston, I have a problem!

Hello 75Antons, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

This isn't the right forum for this thread. I could it move it to the EB tech support forum, but by the sound of it, it's not an EB problem. I think you are more likely to get an answer in the (non-EB) Tech Discussion forum. Shall I move the thread there?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks for the reply and for the hello :)

Move it where you think it might be understood, I guess :)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thread moved
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I can't remember, does RTW put the saves in the "My Documents" directory? That trend started around that time, so if the C: drive is full you will have problems saving games. You can change your profile to put the My Docs on the D: drive, that would be my suggestion for a quick fix.

Long term fix, clean up the C: drive.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Default Re: Partition problem

I think does RTW put the saves in the "My Documents" directory.Anyhow thanks for some very nice stuff.