Thread: A Strange thing Happened on the wat to the Forum ----

Default A Strange thing Happened on the wat to the Forum ----

Well, I was resigned to try number three (or was it four?) with the high (the middle one) era Italians - the Spanish were just too far ahead in points and my economy depended on them. Three turns left and --- the Spanish king dies without heir and nobody left is anywhere close to me. There's still two turns to go and all heck has broken lose but it sure looks like a come from behind victory is imminent. Maybe that ol' Pope isn't too bad after all :)
    Last edited by LordK9; 08-20-2013 at 05:02.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: A Strange thing Happened on the wat to the Forum ----

Quote Originally Posted by LordK9 View Post
    Three turns left and --- the Spanish king dies without heir and nobody left is anywhere close to me.
    Old age, or was he helped along?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Default Re: A Strange thing Happened on the wat to the Forum ----

The Spanish had been fighting a long term war with the Danes (who at one time had all the coastal continental provinces, Britain, Ireland, and the Balkans) and with the Egyptians - perhaps heirs were killed off - but the game doesn't announce this so I am unsure. The king himself died of old age (or, illness as the game calls it).