Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 182

Thread: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

  1. #1
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Cool "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Every member of this forum who has expressed some sort of skepticism on current accepted 'science' concerning man-made climate change has endured more ridicule than they would have if they had come out and told everyone that they molest children regularly. "Flat-Earth Science Deniers" and other terms have been used to describe those of us who believed that the science accepted by today's governments contradicted history and common sense. Our's was not just another opinion though, but a vile heresy that should never be uttered on these forums, and managed to open the flood-gates of bitter bile from those wise members of this forum who disagreed with us.
    When I said that the science was not settled, I was told what a fool I was, and that ever respectable scientist accepted current theories and that the science was as settled as it could possibly get.

    What do you think now darlings?
    Head of climate science at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, said the leaked summary showed that 'the science is clearly not settled, and is in a state of flux'
    Ohh, my, oh my that sounds familiar.

    Admit it, you don't know dog-poo.
    Even our best scientist don't understand a tiny fraction of what causes changes in our climate or how to predict them. The best thing we got is history, and it shows swings more drastic than we have seen since the industrial revolution all throughout history.

    Now let's see how many of you have the intellectual honesty to admit that you are wrong and to apologize for all the inappropriate crap you have said through out the years to the members who have disagreed with you on this subject.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Myth 


  2. #2
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    the Daily Mail is a rag my dear fellow dont shoot yer bolt just yet

    Also the sea ice thing is merely whats called regression towards the mean
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 09-15-2013 at 17:34.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,574

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    I wouldn’t hold my breath for that if I were you.

    People don’t like to be wrong and for some admitting it is nearly impossible.

    Then there are the True Believers who will not be swayed by any means. Facts or otherwise, because it is their belief that man is responsible.


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Extent of sea ice from 1980s to 2013

    plus the sea ice revisions

    There is a clear reduction in sea ice in that graph even in the revision.

    The increse is merely just a larger amount than last year because last year was an extreme.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 09-15-2013 at 17:21.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  5. #5
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,517

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    I am truly sorry Vuk.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

    Members thankful for this post (2):

    LemurVuk 


  6. #6
    Mr Self Important Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    No longer in Albion
    Posts
    15,667
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    i don't think anyone has done the following:
    Every member of this forum who has expressed some sort of skepticism on current accepted 'science' concerning man-made climate change has endured more ridicule than they would have if they had come out and told everyone that they molest children regularly
    This statement is more shaky than the consensus on climate change.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-15-2013 at 18:00.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,574

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    The major even was not that warming may be over. It is that the sea ice is not completely gone, as predicted.

    On the other hand, glaciers do seem to be growing, particularly in the southern hemisphere.

    Antarctic Ice is said to be the greatest ever recorded, but that is not a very long history.

    It is a bit too soon for one side to be crowing too loudly.


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  8. #8
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    It is not just the Daily Mail who is reporting on it.
    Also, what is important is not that arctic sea ice is at a historical average, but that the powers of prediction of the man-made global warming community are exactly 0. They have no idea what they are doing, and their science is just BS. Why? Because they did not set out to understand the causes for climate change, but to prove a political doctrine used as justification for reducing the world's population and increasing the power of the political and economic elite.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    I gave you actual data whereas you gave us some journo who will write about sharktocupus tomorrow.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 09-15-2013 at 18:38.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

    Member thankful for this post:



  10. #10

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Actually David Rose seems to have a certain theme to his articles. You'd almost swear he's writing with some kind of bias.

  11. #11
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    I gave you actual data whereas you gave us some journo who will write about sharktocupus tomorrow.
    And what does your data prove? That arctic sea ice was receding and is now coming back? What does that prove? It says nothing to address the fact that their predictions completely failed because they do not understand the underlying causes of the changes they are measuring. No one is arguing that climate change does not exist. It has and always will - even if humans cease to exist entirely. The point is that these people are claiming they know the causes for it and the way are the major factor contributing to it (mainly through our release of greenhouse gases). Considering that we continue to release more and more greenhouse gases, shouldn't the trends they are predicting be getting worse, not better? Also, if they really do understand the science of what causes this, and really can predict what will happen (as they claim they can. In fact, the arguments of leftist politicians and those who support their 'green' policies are based on these predictions), then why are they always so wrong? The fact is that either they do not truly understand the causes for these changes, or they are just being dishonest (or a mix of the both). For all we know, what happens below the earth's surface and on the sun has more to do with climate change than anything that happens on the surface of the earth.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  12. #12
    Member Member Hax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,352

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Ooh ooh, are we doing book quotes today?

    "Linguistic history is basically the darkest of the dark arts, the only means to conjure up the ghosts of vanished centuries. With linguistic history we reach furthest back into the mystery: humankind" - Cola Minis 1952: 107 [Euphorion 46]
    This space intentionally left blank.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    And what does your data prove? That arctic sea ice was receding and is now coming back? What does that prove? It says nothing to address the fact that their predictions completely failed because they do not understand the underlying causes of the changes they are measuring. No one is arguing that climate change does not exist. It has and always will - even if humans cease to exist entirely. The point is that these people are claiming they know the causes for it and the way are the major factor contributing to it (mainly through our release of greenhouse gases). Considering that we continue to release more and more greenhouse gases, shouldn't the trends they are predicting be getting worse, not better? Also, if they really do understand the science of what causes this, and really can predict what will happen (as they claim they can. In fact, the arguments of leftist politicians and those who support their 'green' policies are based on these predictions), then why are they always so wrong? The fact is that either they do not truly understand the causes for these changes, or they are just being dishonest (or a mix of the both). For all we know, what happens below the earth's surface and on the sun has more to do with climate change than anything that happens on the surface of the earth.
    No it does not say Arctic ice is coming back in fact it proves the opposite.

    all your proving is that you dont know how to read the graph I gave you.

    You have taken one yr and built a thread around it Vuk when in fact we need 7 more yrs of data before we even have an average for this decade.

    The reality is there will always be statistical outliers in any graph but the overall trend is always the same.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 09-15-2013 at 19:05.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  14. #14
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Not really. It shows a medium term trend of decreased ice (It really shows no long term trends as the earliest data is from the 1980's), but the newest data (2013) shows significantly more ice than the data set before it. Only time can tell if this will develop into a trend or not, but at least in the short term it shows a significant increase in arctic ice.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  15. #15
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    A fairly significant year which was not predicted by their computer models though. The change between 2012 and 2013 the greatest one year change shown in the graph you posted. That is significant. We have yet to see if it will remain significant in the long term.
    Don't think that maybe my point that the science is not settled and these people do not understand climate change like they pretend to is fairly accurate when they predicted that there would be zero arctic ice in 2013 and we have seen this dramatic increase in arctic ice this year?
    I'd say their predictions are pretty lousy and their computer models (built on their understanding of climate change) are broken. Makes you wonder how much they really know about climate change.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Not really. It shows a medium term trend of decreased ice (It really shows no long term trends as the earliest data is from the 1980's), but the newest data (2013) shows significantly more ice than the data set before it. Only time can tell if this will develop into a trend or not, but at least in the short term it shows a significant increase in arctic ice.
    Even the the 2013 increase is below the previous decades average all we can say for sure is that 2012 etc were extremes.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  17. #17
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    Even the the 2013 increase is below the previous decades average all we can say for sure is that 2012 etc were extremes.
    Decade's average, but not yearly average. The change from 2012 to 2013 was a far more drastic change than any other one year change shown on the graph.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Decade's average, but not yearly average. The change from 2012 to 2013 was a far more drastic change than any other one year change shown on the graph.
    Your trying to debunk 30yrs of data with a 1 yr increase with only have 3 measurements.

    Also there are only 2 increase/decreases entered the differences between 2011-2012 and between 2012 -2013

    Taking those three years together then the average is less than 2013 for the decade so far.

    Even with this years increase you have proven nothing, however I wont be claiming this will be the average for the decade until more data is entered
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 09-15-2013 at 20:05.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  19. #19
    Ni dieu ni maître! Senior Member a completely inoffensive name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I live on the org, feeding off of what few thanks are tossed at my posts. It is up to you to make sure I don't starve.
    Posts
    8,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    SO here we have a Vuk thread:

    A. About climate change denial
    B. With a bible quote as the title
    C. Linking to the DailyMail

    I will just close this tab and continue watching the SC2 finals at Dreamhack: Bucharest.
    In all these papers we see a love of honest work, an aversion to shams, a caution in the enunciation of conclusions, a distrust of rash generalizations and speculations based on uncertain premises. He was never anxious to add one more guess on doubtful matters in the hope of hitting the truth, or what might pass as such for a time, but was always ready to take infinite pains in the most careful testing of every theory. With these qualities was united a modesty which forbade the pushing of his own claims and desired no reputation except the unsought tribute of competent judges.

    Members thankful for this post (2):



  20. #20
    has a Senior Member HoreTore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    12,014

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    a political doctrine used as justification for reducing the world's population and increasing the power of the political and economic elite.
    I was following you until this point.

    Now you're in crazy-land.


    Do I need to comment on the insanity of the statement, or should we just let it pass?
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

    Members thankful for this post (4):



  21. #21

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Train coming
    It's a long way off
    But it is coming
    Tell me when it gets here...
    Bye :p
    Ja-mata TosaInu

  22. #22
    The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    15,662

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    One year by itself is weather. Climate is decades and centuries of data.

    It is like saying summer is always bleak because of a single rainy afternoon. One data point does not a scientific argument make.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

  23. #23
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    Your trying to debunk 30yrs of data with a 1 yr increase with only have 3 measurements.

    Also there are only 2 increase/decreases entered the differences between 2011-2012 and between 2012 -2013

    Taking those three years together then the average is less than 2013 for the decade so far.

    Even with this years increase you have proven nothing, however I wont be claiming this will be the average for the decade until more data is entered
    That is not my point at all. I am not denying that arctic ice has been receding for the last few decades. I am just saying that these climate change scientists obviously do not know what they are talking about considering that they predicted we would have zero arctic ice this year and instead we have far more than last year and very far from 0.



    Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    I was following you until this point.

    Now you're in crazy-land.


    Do I need to comment on the insanity of the statement, or should we just let it pass?
    That is really the whole point: population control. It is why they invented the man-made global warming myth. It was created by a bunch of eugenicists whose previous methods of population control had failed.



    Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    One year by itself is weather. Climate is decades and centuries of data.

    It is like saying summer is always bleak because of a single rainy afternoon. One data point does not a scientific argument make.
    That is not my point at all. My point is that it is 2013 and there is arctic ice (a significant amount in fact). The 'experts' told us there would be none by now. That doesn't shake your faith in them at all?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  24. #24
    Upstanding Member rvg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,818

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    IMHO global warming is extremely dangerous. Whether or not it's "natural" or man-made doesn't really matter, because it's gonna hurt us either way. I'm not talking about NYC or New Orleans getting a bit soggy, or even some Polynesian pip-squeak states disappearing altogether. The real disaster will strike when it shifts the rainfall patterns and the Corn Belt becomes a desert. Now that is something that scares the bejeezus out of me, because the Corn Belt feeds probably a couple of billion people.

    So, instead of worrying about who started it (which ultimately doesn't matter) we should be focusing on how to stop it, or better yet -- how to exert control over the global climate.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

    “The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

    Members thankful for this post (4):



  25. #25

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    That is really the whole point: population control. It is why they invented the man-made global warming myth. It was created by a bunch of eugenicists whose previous methods of population control had failed.
    This fascinates me. Who is supposed to be controlled? What area or group of people are they trying to keep small and how does the global warming "myth" accomplish that?

    Members thankful for this post (2):



  26. #26
    has a Senior Member HoreTore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    12,014

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    That is really the whole point: population control. It is why they invented the man-made global warming myth. It was created by a bunch of eugenicists whose previous methods of population control had failed.
    lolwut?

    The only ones who "advocate population control" are individuals deciding not to have kids/only have one kid for reasons of population control. Reducing handouts to families to discourage births have been attempted, but they usually fail instantly seeing as taking money from the majority of people in a society usually isn't an easy thing to do in a democracy.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

  27. #27
    Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,654

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Actually, the REAL question here is why anyone would be interested in a publication that sports such topics as:

    ...a hungry kid looking for a meal from his mother
    ...a pregnant reality show star
    ...the "toned legs in tiny shorts" of a popular actress
    ...the daily shopping routine of a married Hollywood couple

    and my favorite:

    ...a popular zit-faced adolescent has this quote about school---"School is the Tool to Brainwash the Youth"

    Perhaps that's the problem with those IPCC researchers....they got far too much schooling
    High Plains Drifter

    Member thankful for this post:



  28. #28
    Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Moral High Grounds
    Posts
    9,164

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Daily Mail bashing is fun for the whole family, but Vuk is correct, it is being reported on other sites:

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...485712464.html
    Even if the WSJ leans right, Murdoch hasn't turned it into the Sun just yet.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

    If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

    "Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

  29. #29
    Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,902

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    That is not my point at all. I am not denying that arctic ice has been receding for the last few decades. I am just saying that these climate change scientists obviously do not know what they are talking about considering that they predicted we would have zero arctic ice this year and instead we have far more than last year and very far from 0.
    You're quoting a very biased and from what I can see unprofesional journalist (he's third person complaining about vitrol he's gotten for the older article (and the one with less of a point as well, I've never seen that before).

    The ice sheet one is quite bad. It's taking one scientist (who has a interview here) who basically said that the ice can be gone as early as in 5 years. That's not a "The ice will be gone 2013"-statement, it's a "it can be gone by that point, but it will take longer". One of his big points are that they had previously underestimated the thinning of the ice. That thinning means that a warm year could suddenly create a massive shrinking, that would take years to recover properly (since a one year ice is still too thin).

    And for you, 1 scientist making a guess based on his predictions, means the entire scientific cummunity making a combined statement that they claim are 100% accurate...

    And for the increase this year. If you look here, you can see that it's mostly because 2012 had much, much less ice than the trendsline and that 2013 is slighly above the decreasing trendline. As in, the ice is behaving pretty much as expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    That is really the whole point: population control. It is why they invented the man-made global warming myth. It was created by a bunch of eugenicists whose previous methods of population control had failed.
    ... That really doesn't make sense. The west is self regulating and the most efficient method for the rest is to increase living standards. That's been obvious for decades by now and is seen to be still working.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    That is not my point at all. My point is that it is 2013 and there is arctic ice (a significant amount in fact). The 'experts' told us there would be none by now. That doesn't shake your faith in them at all?
    No. Now that the models are generally predicting that the warming trend should be larger than it is, that is actually valid.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

    Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

  30. #30

    Default Re: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" - Romans 1:22

    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    Daily Mail bashing is fun for the whole family, but Vuk is correct, it is being reported on other sites:

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...485712464.html
    Even if the WSJ leans right, Murdoch hasn't turned it into the Sun just yet.
    Most experts believe that warming of less than 2 degrees Celsius from preindustrial levels will result in no net economic and ecological damage. Therefore, the new report is effectively saying (based on the middle of the range of the IPCC's emissions scenarios) that there is a better than 50-50 chance that by 2083, the benefits of climate change will still outweigh the harm.
    If this interpretation is correct, it's hardly reason to pop any corks.

    Yet Vuk's reaction seems to be analogous to this:

    Doctor: Good news! The latest tests have pushed back the cancer prognosis by a few years.

    Patient: You hear that? Cancer's a myth! Time to smoke a pack to celebrate!
    Vitiate Man.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Member thankful for this post:



Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO