Thread: A couple of questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A couple of questions

Hello Total War.org.
    I don't know if the MTW VI modding scene is still a thing since the game is so old and I bet most people moved on. But recently my computer died and now I am using an older laptop and so I am restricted to play older games. So I dusted off my Medieval Total War Gold edition disks and installed it. I also got the amazing MTW XL and Napoleonic Total War mods and already played a few campaigns on each.

So now I am looking into personalising my game and I already found out where the portrait files are and changed a few as an experiment (which fortunately was successful).
    But now I have been digging into the game's files for two days looking for the picture files that are used in the special parchment messages (like the image of the young man holding a sword when the message "An Heir Matures" appears, or the comet picture when the message "Signs and Portents" appears, the image with the assassin sneaking outside a window in the parchment message about how much chance we have of assassinating a target, the image of the dead guy being carried by two people when the message about a spy or assassin being captured and killed, etc).
    I can't for the life in me find where those images are located, been in every folder and opened tens of .BIF and .TGA files and I still can't find them. Anyone here know where they are located?

Another question I have is if it is possible to change the Title of the leader of a faction. For example if I can change the title "King" to something else (for example "King William II" to "His Highness William II", "Pope Urban II" into "His Holiness Urban II", etc). I have the feeling this might be hardcoded but I thought about asking anyway.
    EDIT: After I poked around the game files some more I think I found how to change that.

Thanks for reading and hope MTW moddig scene is not as dead as it looks
    Last edited by Risewild; 07-30-2016 at 18:19.