Thread: British Barbarian Warriors

Proud Knight of the AMC Member RTW King's Avatar

Default British Barbarian Warriors

I'm making a mod called Britain: Total War. I need help with researching units for the barbarians . The mod is set in Britain just before the Roman invasion of Britain . So, could I get some ideas for British warriors. You can check my research so far by going to the website (in my signature).
    Join the AMC. Down with rappers!

Default Re: British Barbarian Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by RTW King
    I'm making a mod called Britain: Total War. I need help with researching units for the barbarians . The mod is set in Britain just before the Roman invasion of Britain . So, could I get some ideas for British warriors. You can check my research so far by going to the website (in my signature).
    Countdown to Open Beta - Casse
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=49822

Historical accuracy of Celtic units?
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48920

This has some information, though you should probably ask Ranika directly about using it and other questions as he knows a lot about the subject.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Default Re: British Barbarian Warriors

Besides, that, a single comment. The Picts, although we don't know much about them early on, are better represented as the Caledonians.

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul