Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

FIFA Manager 06, playing as Chelsea. Really enjoying it, so far undefeated in my second season.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Put Dragon Quest on hold; I've had enough for now. However good a game is, playing it for several months makes you sick of it.

I'm now playing Kororinpa on the Wii for a change of pace. It involves rolling a ball through a maze, tilting the level itself via the motion sensors in the Wiimote. It's skillful stuff, and actually quite relaxing. Best of all one of the balls has a frog in it

I'm nearing the end of the second case in Phoenix Wright 2, and still riding around on my giant rat in Puzzle Quest.

My M2TW game may go onto hold; I loaded up my save game and the AI went completely psycho on me. Now I'm stuck in loads of tedious wars and the AI just won't stop. It offers me peace and breaks it within a couple of turns, over and over. Most disappointing, considering that in my first play session the AI was mostly peaceful, limiting itself to sensible wars which were fought with large armies of good troops.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Just picked up DoW:Dark Crusade, so I'm relearning how to play RTS games again.

Also have downloaded the SamuraiWarlords mod for MTW. Going to start up a campaign soon.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

I am currently playing Freespace 2. It is a PC space-shooter, resembling the Wing Commander series, released in 1999. Though the game failed to achieve any massive commercial success, the still very active fan community is proof of the game's quality; the source code has been released to the public by the developer, Volition, and the Source Code Project continues to improve the game. In my opinion, it is certainly amongst the best games I've ever played. I think I'm playing through the main campaign for the fourth time now; there are also numerous user-made campaigns, the Freespace 1 campaign ported to Freespace 2, and a Babylon 5 total conversion (along with prequels/demos for a few other total conversions) available.

There's a large number of games sitting on my shelf I really should play... There's Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Homeworld, Hearts of Iron: Doomsday, Neverwinter Nights 2, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, I could still have more fun with Morrowind, and lots of other stuff... Then there's the games which I haven't touched for a while, but where I have a game in progress, such as Diablo II and the EB mod for RTW. I guess I should hold off of buying games for a while. Could be quite a while, considering how many I have accumulated. I've still got a load to sell off, as well...
    Last edited by ElectricEel; 04-26-2007 at 20:50.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

HoI2:Doomsday Germany 1936 campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Playing Oblivion, Pacific storm(well was), and WoW (kinda, not really in the mood for it)

Kororinpa has fallen beneath the joint onslaught of the frog and her boyfriend. Victory is ours. Nice game; could have used twice as many levels IMO.

I'm not starting anything else presently, and Dragon Quest needs to stay on hold until I can't hum the entire score of the world map music from memory. Phoenix Wright 2 probably won't take me much longer; I guess I shall start something fresh once that is done too.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Is A... Member Quintus Of Pompeii's Avatar

Just Bought WoW. Playing on Shullcrusher realm. Level 8 Dwarf Hunter. =D
    "Acta est fabula"
    The Story Is Complete
    -Augustus' Last Words

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Of Pompeii
    Just Bought WoW. Playing on Shullcrusher realm. Level 8 Dwarf Hunter. =D
    get out while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch
    WoW isn't that bad tbh, gets way to much bad rap tbh, has a kinda bad community, but just play on RP servers or stay out of the barrens and simular areas.

Default AW: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Final Fantasy V.

I always like these stories and such, but it suffers from the typical thing those old-style RPGs usually have: repetitive annoying battles you can't avoid (unless you flee in-battle).

edit
    Ah yeah, and they also suffer from the fact that you can't move "freely" in a finetuned way in all directions.
    Last edited by Bijo; 04-29-2007 at 22:47.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Default Re: AW: The "What are you playing?" topic.

FFV uses 2d sprites right?
    just added capes and cloaks mod to Oblivion. bought a large crimson cape and yelled at everyone "THIS IS SPARTA!!"

Heartily seconded (unless you want to let go of your real life for some reason)

Trust me - I've seen the effect it has on people firsthand

Currently playing:
    M2TW 1.2
    DoD:S
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Default AW: Re: AW: The "What are you playing?" topic.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    FFV uses 2d sprites right?
    just added capes and cloaks mod to Oblivion. bought a large crimson cape and yelled at everyone "THIS IS SPARTA!!"
    True..... I think. Playing it on the old SNES occasionally :)
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Thirded.

I received 2 trial packs of WoW. Haven't even opened them. I want to stay away from that game until my life has become worthless. So far, it's more than worth.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder
    WoW isn't that bad tbh, gets way to much bad rap tbh, has a kinda bad community, but just play on RP servers or stay out of the barrens and simular areas.
    I agree there. I played WoW for a few months straight and, ultimately, the idiots that comprise the community turned me off of it. Additionally, the tedium of higher levels and the related boring quests were a turn off as well. I still go back occasionally and subscribe for a month at a time. I try to coordinate it with friends/relatives subscriptions, and we usually cancel again before it becomes too tedious.

It's a fun game if you don't get too wrapped up in it and get addicted. Although, I tried the RP realms to get away from the idiots- it doesn't work. The RP realms are a joke- actual RPers are few and far between. (not that I wanted to hardcore RP myself, but I hoped I would get away from the morons who spam all the public channels with Chuck Norris jokes, ect)

A game I've picked up and been enjoying recently is Izuna on the DS. It's an extremely old-school dungeon crawler. You play as a ditsy teenage ninja, who offends the gods of a small village and gets everyone cursed- so, she gets forced into braving various dungeons to face the gods and get them to lift their curses.

Some of the great "old school" things I like about it:
    -You will die, especially in the earlier levels- get used to it.
    -When you die, you lose all items, money, talismans, ect. that you have on you and get kicked out of the dungeon and have to start over.
    -The dungeons are randomly generated each time you enter them.

In general, the gameplay is very simple but also challenging and somewhat unforgiving. To cast talismans, you need to use SP points, but the less you have, the less strength your normal attacks are supposed to have. You can also apply talismans to your weapons to make them stronger, but apply more than a weapon can handle and it can break easily or even get completely destroyed.

I like it.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

A game I've picked up and been enjoying recently is Izuna on the DS.
    I've heard of that before; it got mentioned on the rec.games.roguelike.misc newsgroup. It is not common to see a commercial roguelike.

Having finished the Freespace 2 main campaign, I continued my old Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction game (playing a sorceress); I just finished it. It was my first playthrough. The final boss fight was really intense, but I was much more prepared for it than I was for the fight at the end of the original game, so I won without dying once (though I did die two times in the fighting just before it).

I am thinking of tackling the Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark official campaign next time I feel like spending lots of time on a game.

Another game I've been playing lately:
    Dungeon Crawl. A roguelike; one of the most popular in the genre, and with good reason. I am playing the Stone Soup fork of the game, which improves the vanilla version (the development of which has stalled) significantly.

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricEel
    I am currently playing Freespace 2. It is a PC space-shooter, resembling the Wing Commander series, released in 1999. Though the game failed to achieve any massive commercial success, the still very active fan community is proof of the game's quality; the source code has been released to the public by the developer, Volition, and the Source Code Project continues to improve the game. In my opinion, it is certainly amongst the best games I've ever played. I think I'm playing through the main campaign for the fourth time now; there are also numerous user-made campaigns, the Freespace 1 campaign ported to Freespace 2, and a Babylon 5 total conversion (along with prequels/demos for a few other total conversions) available....
    Cheers for Freespace 2! Check my sig, sounds familiar? I've just bought a new computer and once I get the time I'll download the source code project as well :).

Currently I'm playing Medieval 2 and SpellForce 2 (came bundled with my 7600GT). I'm currently looking for an RPG to devote time to, maybe NWN2.

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spellforce 1 and its expansions could be the best RPG/RTS i've ever played if the hero auto attacked. Its such a simple feature. Put that on auto and make a hold key. So annoying to have my army rush enemies but have to continually micro my hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

I finally got me an Xbox360, so I'm now enjoying Dead Rising

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    It's an alternate history mod - what if Germany had won the First World War?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...6&page=1&pp=20

It's still in Beta, but it's worth a look. There are some bugs, but you can fix some of them yourself - just look at their own forums, in the bugs section.

Well that was a complete and total failure. I couldn't get it to work, and I'm not sure what I did wrong since the instructions are not very specific. Well I'll try again later
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

I'm currently playing a bit of MTW (Martok will be pleased), and also Aliens RL. It's a fairly fun Rogue-like game with an Aliens theme. It's surprisingly atmospheric considering it's just ASCII text and the odd sound effect and some limited music: http://alien.chaosforge.org
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    Well that was a complete and total failure. I couldn't get it to work, and I'm not sure what I did wrong since the instructions are not very specific. Well I'll try again later
    It worked well enough for me...try asking on their forum.

Halo and Diablo and Civ3
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Somebody drag me from RO. In my spare time, I play RO. Man, it's so addictive. I had 2 hours to play today, before I went to school, and I played hardcore man. I couldnt get my eyes off the screen.

RO is too awesome.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Ro?
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

RO= Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

im still playin that too.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Grace
    RO= Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

im still playin that too.
    Nice. On what servers do you usually play? I play on the 50 slot server and on the RTR/Sniper RO servers. Any favourite maps?

Proud

Been to:

i usually play on RTR's Danzig 24/7 and FK's Danzig 24/7. my absolute favorite maps are Danzig and Konigsplatz, but it's a shame Konigsplatz is unpopular. (i think) i like all-infantry maps or mixed forces. (such as Stalingrad kessel,Odessa and that factory map)i don't play all-tanks maps but they are fun. (not skilled enough yet)

what's your favorite class? (Riflemen, MG etc.)
    i usually play Riflemen, Semi-Auto (always if i get the chance), Squad Leader (sometimes and only on Danzig), and SMGer.
    i am skilled in the other classes but i'd rather let someone else take the spot.

I usually play as an Assault guy, and basically only Axis, because I cant get that SMG to work for me. STG 44 or MP40 are the basics.

I couldnt master the rifle so far, I barely kill with it. Squad Leader is my favourite though.

Proud

Been to:

Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast