Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Maoderators required... volunteer here!

Default Re: Assistant Maoderators required... volunteer here!

Acting like an AM already eh pever?

Personally i'm against voting to decide eligiblity (and if I had any input in the MP forums i'd go for one community selected and one appointed one to balance things out) but you've got mine, if for no other reason than to bring in another viewpoint other than those of 'professional' mp players.

EDIT:
    @Someguy - pever did have a point - you volunteered a bit late and your response wasn't what is looked for in an AM - personal attacks are not on.

I'd advise both of you to drop the issue now
    Last edited by sapi; 02-03-2007 at 12:17.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Done, and Done.

I hope there are no hard feeling Someguy, but I defend what I like/believe in rather fierce unless it is innapropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    Acting like an AM already eh pever?
    One tries to anticipate what one would do.

Relates to work (bit of a story, not long, but in spoilers anyway...if they work)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Video Store: Saturday Night. 7:30 pm. Busy. Meant to be 2 full staff members, and one junior member (me, still on 12 week introduction thingy)

One Senior Staff member left to watch a friend play rugby. Bad. I've got 18 people waiting to get DVD's out. The thing I can't do. And the other staff member (Dino[pronounced Deee-no]) is filling out a membership form. We lost a few customers

sapi...it's a good name, I hope no one says "Sapi" though. That annoys me when people say "Pevergreen"

Its good to have found a name buddy

Personally i'm against voting to decide eligiblity (and if I had any input in the MP forums i'd go for one community selected and one appointed one to balance things out) but you've got mine, if for no other reason than to bring in another viewpoint other than those of 'professional' mp players.
    That's a good idea. Then the mod's choose someone who would be good at it, and the community choose someone they would listen to. Not saying they wouldn't be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I think you need to read my post on the 2nd page at the bottom...

On a serious note, its amusing how some of he nominees dont even play m2tw i.e Puzz3d. gg to that...

Well I don't care if Pever plays MTW2 or not, imo it should be someone from within the scene: Barrett for obvious reasons, and someone who has little to do with MP, who can't be biased for being in a clan and such, and aslong Pever isn't in a clan I'm going to vote for him.

Meh.

Mp forums.

MP players pelase, I dotn particuarrly want some Sp guy mingeling in opur MP needs.

Bazz FTW.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

@Stig - i agree with your reasoning, and that's what prompted me to suggest one admin appointed candidate and one community voted one.

I'll be giving my vote to pever too, but i consider that his chances of winning without involvement in the community will be low.

@tibilicus - the reason a sp guy would be useful is to defuse dangerous situations without involvement or prejeduce. The other AM could deal with the community relations side of things
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

I'll be giving my vote to pever too, but i consider that his chances of winning without involvement in the community will be low.
    Dunno yet, some of the members will agree to us, I'm sure

Blog Entries

That's the way i like it! The underdog position!

I am trying to bank up my participation in the MP forums, regardless of the AM position. Always a good thing for my mood to post around Elmo!

Out of the Nominated people(that have not been PM'ed):
    }{Huscarls}{Barrett|L|
    Stig
    {BHC}KingWarman888
    tibilicus
    -Silent-Pariya
    pevergreen.

I think Stig will definately get it. He's a great guy.

Out of the rest, I havent seen them post much (my fault) but I think }{Huscarls}{Barrett|L| will be the second one.

When does the poll come out?

Edit: I just realised sapi is a brisbane man! What part of brisbane are you from? Western Suburbs (Jindalee) here.

@pever

I'm not going to make bets before the poll is complete, as I don't like to comment on people's eligibility or make errors of ommission.

The poll should be out in the next few days.

Try to keep things on topic - if you want to know where i'm from, PM me

@Stig - i agree with your reasoning, and that's what prompted me to suggest one admin appointed candidate and one community voted one.

@tibilicus - the reason a sp guy would be useful is to defuse dangerous situations without involvement or prejeduce. The other AM could deal with the community relations side of things
    Ok. Pevergreen please don't take offence mate because you're just kinda the example I'm gunna use here.

I think alot of people want to be mods here for w/e reason and the assistant mod role is the first step. I think that if an opening for Ass. Mod would have opened in the mead hall, apothecary, tavern or just about anywhere else pevergreen would have applied. He just want to be a mod here at the org. However then you've got guys like Barrett who only want to be mp mod here.

Er, we have Rob for that. IMO the beauty of the assistant mods can be that we have some staffers who are mp players. Rob can defuse dangerous situations This applied to Stig's post too btw...we have someone who isn't in the m2tw scene and its rob, if we go with sapi/stigs idea then we'll have two mods who don't play mp and "difuse dangerous situations" and only one who actually plays mp.

Then the mod's choose someone who would be good at it, and the community choose someone they would listen to
    You can hardly be a good mod of a forum if none of the posters listen to you mate.

Again, my apologies to pevergreen, he's just sort of getting caught in the crossfire here, so ye, sorry man, but I'd say the same if any other person in your situation applied.

mmm I thought that Rob actually was a MP player ... as that's why he got this job ... plus being a normal good guy ofcourse

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

I wish I could play M2TW properly and online. Good luck to everyone who could become a Assistant Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    mmm I thought that Rob actually was a MP players ... as that's why he got this job ... plus being a normal good guy ofcourse
    He's a tw mp player but I'm not sure he's an m2tw mp player.

If you are rob then I apologise

Either way he's as neutral as denali so he still fits the bill of argument diffuser.
    Last edited by Monarch; 02-03-2007 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch
    Ok. Pevergreen please don't take offence mate because you're just kinda the example I'm gunna use here.

I think alot of people want to be mods here for w/e reason and the assistant mod role is the first step. I think that if an opening for Ass. Mod would have opened in the mead hall, apothecary, tavern or just about anywhere else pevergreen would have applied. He just want to be a mod here at the org. However then you've got guys like Barrett who only want to be mp mod here.
    Good point, although i don't think it really changes my logic.

Er, we have Rob for that. IMO the beauty of the assistant mods can be that we have some staffers who are mp players. Rob can defuse dangerous situations This applied to Stig's post too btw...we have someone who isn't in the m2tw scene and its rob, if we go with sapi/stigs idea then we'll have two mods who don't play mp and "difuse dangerous situations" and only one who actually plays mp.
    My mistake - i was operating under the assumption that Rob played a fair bit of m2tw and that was the reason he wanted, in a sense, impartial observers.

You can hardly be a good mod of a forum if none of the posters listen to you mate.
    Bad phrasing. I should have said 'liked' instead of 'listened to'
    Mods aren't here to be liked, but it sure does help

Overall, you have a point and i'll bow you your logic

tbh i probably won't vote, as i'm not involved enough in the mp community to consider that i should have an input into who moderates it.

He's a tw mp player but I'm not sure he's an m2tw mp player.
    Well that makes him an MP player. Dunno if he's in the clan scene and all tho.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Its just an ass. mod. You wont get free drugs and chicks because of that position, not even a damn banstick. And Im sure Rob will be happy to point the lucky guy to the staff toilets, somehow they always need a good cleaning(I dont know what they are doing with them and actually I dont want to know)

CBR

Blog Entries

Bah! No offence taken

think that if an opening for Ass. Mod would have opened in the mead hall, apothecary, tavern or just about anywhere else pevergreen would have applied.
    I normally would agree with that, but not here.

I can't write stories (I have no creativity) so that cuts out anything like that (throne room, guides, Mead Hall) nor would I apply for a place I dont think I could do anything beneficial (The Citadel, Tavern, Apothocary etc)

As its just Rob ATM as MP mod, I believe I could help out.

@sapi
    I'm not going to make bets before the poll is complete, as I don't like to comment on people's eligibility or make errors of ommission.

Try to keep things on topic - if you want to know where i'm from, PM me
    The PM button? Where did I stash that thing...

Good to know.

No seriously.. Who cares! :P
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Charge Men............Retreat! Member The Foolish Horseman's Avatar

if the AM post is still available id do it....i am quite active on the total war multiplayer scene....mostly m2tw so please do consider me

IN Total War I Trust!!

The Foolish Horseman, previously known as GBB

im like barrett, only want to do it on mp because mp is the heart (in the essence) of the org and total war itself

IN Total War I Trust!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Boreaus Brittanicus
    i am quite active on the total war multiplayer scene
    Who are you

lol i have used the pseydonym sanders619 before but will now be the general...if anyone wants a game

IN Total War I Trust!!

Quote Originally Posted by x-dANGEr
    Good to know.

No seriously.. Who cares! :P
    Whoevers assisstant mod can we please ban this guy.

And I am being serious

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Hi Guys,

I have NEVER played multiplayer. I couldn't even describe the GameSpy foyer. That is no secret. The reason for that is modem speed ( comparitively slow ( 56 kbs ) and I frequently have to help my wife with our children... I will not start what could be a long session on-line and then up and leave in the middle of a game.

The advantage of that is I do not want anyone's guts on a stick because of a bad on-line experience.

You are judged on your actions here and your adherance to the forum rules.

Bring Back Buck

Blog Entries

Here as in this thread?

IMO if its in this thread, kind of puts low posters at a disadvantage. But adherance to the forum rules is a given.

Whoevers assisstant mod can we please ban this guy.

And I am being serious
    Hehe.. I thought I could pick on the great Monarch without getting burned.. :P

Naaa just kidding.

Whoever gets to be an AM, good luck, it ain't that cool
    "Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that is the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be moved when the birds of his land are singing, nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob The Bastard
    Hi Guys,

I have NEVER played multiplayer. I couldn't even describe the GameSpy foyer. That is no secret. The reason for that is modem speed ( comparitively slow ( 56 kbs ) and I frequently have to help my wife with our children... I will not start what could be a long session on-line and then up and leave in the middle of a game.

The advantage of that is I do not want anyone's guts on a stick because of a bad on-line experience.

You are judged on your actions here and your adherance to the forum rules.
    lol - as funny as that sounds that makes you the best guy for the job

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Just an update...

Contenders for the 2 positions of Assistant Moderator are...

}{Huscarls}{Barrett|L|

Stig

Puzz3D ( Nominated... PMed for you to confirm acceptance)

{BHC}KingWarman888

tibilicus

YellowMelon is in...

-Silent-Pariya

pevergreen.

So once we know if Puzz3D is in or out we can start a poll...

Bring Back Buck

hey rob, what about me?

IN Total War I Trust!!

Blog Entries

you asked a few hours too late.
    You just missed out though.

EDIT: 24 hours and 28 minutes too late General.
    Last edited by pevergreen; 02-04-2007 at 09:29.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast