Ok perhaps some of you uber experienced players already know how to win this battle, and maybe you even know where in this forum the strategy guides for the historic battles are. (where? Where???)

I've played the battle several times, and I would consider myself more than competent as a general. However, after I repel the first two waves and have only lost 15% of my forces to their 19% dead and more routing, the final wave hits and I am smashed from behind by heavy general cavalry. I even prepare for this by having my billmen guard my 6, and then tried billmen and heavy infantry, and then tried an archer sacrifice to slow them down so when they finally arrived they werent charging so they could be cut to pieces by my infantry. Many different battles, many different failed tactics.

The problem is, there is no significant height advantage, the french are too many, and being attacked on two sides by overwhelming amounts of troops when you are mostly archers is instant death.

Unless of course, you know what I am forgetting. What is the key to winning this battle?

I even read all about the actual battle in an encyclopedia to see how it was won historically. However, the situation is not accurately portrayed by the medieval 2 engine, so the same tactic doesn't work. (French do not get bottlenecked because of a lack of troop numbers and wide open space).

I won't consider myself a true general until I win this battle. However, a good leader knows when he is stumped and asks the experts. How do YOU win this battle?

Only respond if you HAVE won this battle. By the by, I only play on very hard. Easy mode is for mewling infants who can't wield a sword. Only VH victories count.

Please ignore the irony of my signature.