Thread: Ain't life a bugger

Default Ain't life a bugger

Well there you have it , people jumpto conclusions about the evil forces in the world , their intentions and the ramififcations .
    Confused?????
    Hey look back at the Iranian nutjobs kidnap British sailors topic
    Now after a short time an inquiry has found......The British sailors and their commanders didn't have a clue about what they were supposed to be doing and how they were supposed to do it .

Where oh where are those who so loudly proclaimed that the Sailors and Britain was right ???????
    Would you like a link ...if just in case your news source is not covering the findings ?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Ain't life a bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman
    Where oh where are those who so loudly proclaimed that the Sailors and Britain was right ???????
    Would you like a link ...if just in case your news source is not covering the findings ?
    If you have a link, that would be great. All I see is the 2 findings that the boarders need to be better prepared/protected when off the mothership (the "don't have a clue" part), and that they shouldn't be able to sell their stories to the press afterwards.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6765903.stm

Haven't seen anything about who's territorial waters they were in, as far as I can tell the UK is not admitting to anything wrong there.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Nah, don't bother. We wouldn't want you to deviate from your normal style of posting.

Haven't seen anything about who's territorial waters they were in, as far as I can tell the UK is not admitting to anything wrong there.
    Ah well the compexities would be that there are no defined territorial waters as they are a matter of dispute , and the vulnerabilities would be because there are no defined territoial waters in which to operate in that sector .
    Should I remind anyone that the RN is specifically banned under its on rues from operating in areas that are not clearly defined and subject to dispute...... and the UN is also not allowed under the terms set out for the Iraqi mandate to operate in disputed territory there ..........however if the British Navy could operate under the auspices of the UN Iran/Iraq war deal they could operate in the disputed area ...but they weren't were they .

Thats the simple complexities Drone .

Ah well the compexities would be that there are no defined territorial waters as they are a matter of dispute , and the vulnerabilities would be because there are no defined territoial waters in which to operate in that sector .
    Should I remind anyone that the RN is specifically banned under its on rues from operating in areas that are not clearly defined and subject to dispute...... and the UN is also not allowed under the terms set out for the Iraqi mandate to operate in disputed territory there ..........however if the British Navy could operate under the auspices of the UN Iran/Iraq war deal they could operate in the disputed area ...but they weren't were they .

Thats the simple complexities Drone .
    All of that was discussed in the previous thread. Some people agreed, some people didn't. But I don't see anything reported on the findings that the UK is muttering "um, right, we shouldn't have been there in the first place, sorry..." That's more of what I'd be interested in (or maps with lines and treaties and UN resolutions and legalese stating they had the right to be there, either way I guess I'd be happy). Otherwise, we are just left with official conformation that the boarders were left out to dry and shouldn't get paid for their Persian vacation, along with the UK gov's belief that they were in Iraqi waters. Nothing we didn't already know.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

But I don't see anything reported on the findings that the UK is muttering "um, right, we shouldn't have been there in the first place, sorry..."
    When you run through the declassified portions that have been released and remove all those points that they say cannot have been to blame , what are you left with ?

Got a link to the declassified report? The best I can find is Browne's speech:
    http://politics.guardian.co.uk/news/...106652,00.html
    which seems like the usual political ploy of spreading the blame around so thin, nobody gets left accountable.

Maybe something will come up tomorrow, I'm off.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Should I remind anyone that the RN is specifically banned under its on rues from operating in areas that are not clearly defined and subject to dispute...... and the UN is also not allowed under the terms set out for the Iraqi mandate to operate in disputed territory there ..........however if the British Navy could operate under the auspices of the UN Iran/Iraq war deal they could operate in the disputed area ...but they weren't were they
    ...and this justifies the capture and detention how? Do the Iranian revolutionary guard enforce the RN's own rules of engagement? Are the waters disputed for the RN, but clearly Iranian for the Iranians?

2/10 must try harder Tribes.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

...and this justifies the capture and detention how?
    errrr...because it wasn't claimed as British waters , it wsn't claimed as international waters so since they shouldn't have been there then their capture was justified .
    sooooooo....0/10 for you EA

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

errrr...because it wasn't claimed as British waters , it wsn't claimed as international waters so since they shouldn't have been there then their capture was justified .
    sooooooo....0/10 for you EA
    That begged the question.

Anyway, this debate is going round in circles smaller than an iranian gunboat capturing a rib.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag