Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBB - Titles England

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Default BBB - Titles England 1080-1530

I thought I would try this mod because of my involvement with the KotR PBEM. I was intrigued by the titles involved with this mod and how they can be obtained and bestowed on avatars. Other then vanilla the LTC mod is the only other one I have completed some campaigns. I am playing the English because of familiarity of the city names and characters.

I will try to keep a story more on the succession of the titles and preserving the family tree to the rightful heir. There were some good tips in the Citadel threads. This means adoptions will be few and only marriages of importance for diplomacy. I will try to keep the left side of the tree trim. The titles created will be for my story use and have no connection to what the real titles represent The character will have to physical return to the region to accept the title.
    Along with the title restrictions other playing conditions:
    1) Keep in good standing with the Papacy no excommunication.
    2) Ship transportation one ship for 5 units excluding general and agents.
    3) Accept all reasonable offers for peace and never declare war on a Catholic faction.
    4) Crusades after more then 3 nations involved will join unless at war with the faction the Crusade is called against.
    Those are the basic guidelines. I like to take the campaign game slow and see what develops. There is no need to rush ‘history’.

I didn't know how much work is involved starting one and I am not thinking of the game play. My hats off to all those who have contributed an AAR.
    By posting I am committed so here we go.....

Reign of King William:

The year 1080 AD King William had his hold on part of the British Isle and Normandy. The new line of the English Throne was ready to expand their Empire. King William is battle-harden and a true leader who has three sons to help expand his Empire. The oldest Rufus is the heir and it was important for him to get command experience and to secure the south end of the Isles. The second son and the favourite of William was Robert. He was stationed in Normandy France and was responsible for the protection of English lands in France. The youngest son was Henry and William was not sure what the future held for this young prince.
    The only daughter of William, Cecilia was a beautiful young woman and her responsibility was to secure the Throne by alliance or to bring a fine general into the family.
    The King was very concerned of the religious well being of his nation and held the belief that excellent relations must be maintained with the Papacy and had a lot of faith placed in Cardinal Ashton to complete this task.
    While military conquest is an important factor in empire growth. A plan would be require to building an economic base that is strong and supported by a solid infrastructure. Therefore, a military policy of conquer, build and defend. There would be economic reforms that will promote trade and be supported by seaports and a strong naval presence to protect the island.

English lands of 1080 Capital London
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Royal Family Tree in 1080
    [/IMG]

King William I, Holder of the Privy Seal and Earl of Wessex
    These titles will belong to the head of the Royal Family.

Princess Cecilia the only daughter of the Crown sent to Europe to establish an alliance.

Heir to the throne Prince Rufus

Robert

In other matters of the characters supporting the throne Cardinal Ashton is responsible for the religious teachings of the young nation and communiaction with the Rome. A possible candidate for Pope?

The Cardinal’s work leaves the Empire with good standing with the Papacy.

The other agents of the Crown were established and assigned missions. The diplomatic corps was to attend to the continent and establish contact with the other Crown Heads.
    Senior Diplomat

An economic program was implemented through mercantile resources belonging to the Crown. The merchants of Normandy began the first established trade on the continent.

The characters are established and the history begins of the expansion of the English Empire.
    Last edited by Northnovas; 10-19-2007 at 04:52. Reason: Updating title

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: BBB - Titles England

Good to see you giving it a shot Northnovas.

It will certainly show off the mod well by your progress.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant
    Good to see you giving it a shot Northnovas.

It will certainly show off the mod well by your progress.
    Hopefully, the screenshots are the challenge to edit and upload. How many are too many?

The first course of action was to secure the borders of the lands in Normandy. Robert sends a Captain Robert out to capture the settlement of Rennes from the Rebels before the French have the opportunity .

The Rebels quickly sallied out.

For his tireless work and strategy the King appoints a title to his favourite son Robert known as the Duke of Normandy. This title will belong to the Royal Family and the member bestowed with this title will be responsible for the English Forces in France.

One victory under there belt and the start of many to come. The King increases the diplomatic corps and send the talented agent to Rome. Where his skills will be an asset to the Crown.

From there the diplomatic corp is successful securing trade rights with European nations. Scotland, France, HRE, Milan, and Rome have agreed to trade and maps.
    This was the greatest move made by diplomat Bidell an allaince was secured with Denmark and Princess Ingrid married Prince Rufus.

King William was in such a good mood with the current turn of events that he awarded The Duke of Normandy another title Duke of Brittany.
    [/B]
    While the military expansion started in France the mercantile expansion did not fair as well. The bean counter Blacke lost his holdings to the Viennese. More economic reforms will have to implemented.

More great news is bestowed upon the Empire. The King’s youngest son Henry comes of age and is send north to deal with the Scots and to govern the settlement of York which was recently captured by Prince Rufus.
    However, Prince Rufus wasted no time to govern the settlement and headed west to Wales with a reinforced army from Nottingham to capture the Rebel settlemnet Caernarvon.
    [IMG][/IMG]

At the end of the century after 20 years the English Empire is assessed.
    Last edited by Northnovas; 07-12-2007 at 16:13.

Early victories mount for the English at the start of the new century. On the waters the Naval Commanders clear the pirates and Rebels from the coast.
    East Coast Fleet

West Coast Fleet

Prince Rufus had beseiged Caernarvon and the Rebels sallied out after months holed up in the town. Sorry forgot to take the initial screen.

The Prince did not have much of a challenge for the settelement.

After a visit to the newly captured settlement of York by King William, another title was established by the Crown young Henry was now titled the Duke of York and responsible for the Northern frontier. The title will always be bestowed to a member of the Royal Family and will be responsible for the defence of the island nation.
    Prince Rufus was successful in his siege and Caernarvon was captured. For his reward the Heir to the Throne was titled the Duke of Wales and will be the official title of all future heirs to the English Throne.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Southern half of the Island was secured and infrastructure builds up between the settlements. The Fortress of Nottingham has become the military base and King William creates the Count of the Midlands, Lord of Nottingham and bestows it to himself. The title will be given to the most deserving general of the English Crown.
    The Princess Cecilia ended her diplomatic mission with some success. No alliances but a new member of the family. The Grand Duke of Frankfurt from the Holy Roman Empire accepted her hand and took up arms for the English Crown. Dietrich von Saxony becomes the new son-in-law to King William.

The King issues new economic reforms and another merchant is created in London to replace the loss in France.

After some time the Intelligence Agency has been very slow to develop. The King not overly concerned with such instruments has left the Agency to work in the North with very little progress. Settlements have been identified but the content of the Scottish military is relatively unknown. More information would be required before advancement to the north. It was now the time to start a new recruitment drive for special agents.

While the King had thoughts of a northern expansion the Pope was calling to arms on all Heads of Catholic Royalty for a Crusade. Will he heed the call or think of expansion close to home?

England continues to build it's infrastructure and military. Not one nation had taken up the call by Pope Gregory. Other news in the Royal Family.

The King bestows the title Count of the Midlands, Lord of Nottingham to his son in law Dietrich von Saxony Grand Duke of Frankfurt. Who may be contemplating to lead the English Crusade to Jerusalem.

The King dies and the Crown goes to Rufus who must go to London to claim his title. The Faction Heir is now the Lord of Nottingham, Count von Saxony. His mandate is to protect Stephen the oldest son of the king till he is ready for the title Duke of Wales.
    (Some how I missed those screen shots in all the excitment.)
    Last edited by Northnovas; 07-12-2007 at 16:22.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

so how do titles work? do u give them yourself or does the game?
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Good stuff so far NN, the use of title is interesting, I might have to check out that mod.

It seems no matter the game, Dietrich von Saxony marries well.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

Guess it is his genes, he has the smart trait. I always tries to propagate that gene.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonsg91921
    so how do titles work? do u give them yourself or does the game?
    It's like MTW VI, when you conquor a region a title is created. This got me to thinking there should be one for Dublin. The avatar in the city gets the title but they can be passed to another avatar. There is more interesting stuff coming up.

Long Live the King!, King William died peacefully in the London. The Regent King Rufus is in Ireland at the siege of Dublin. He is waiting out the Rebel army and sickness affects him due to inadequate supplies.

Rufus must finish the siege of Dublin and then to London for his coronation. He accepts the Privy Seal as his right to office but has not yet received the family title Earl of Wessex.

Empire standing as of 1126

King William:
    Alliances: Denmark marriage

Trade: Scotland, France, Milan, HRE, Spain, Venice

Wars: None

Seige of Dublin 1126
    The Irish rebels sallied out after several years of seige. They were led by a Captain Davy who was no match for Rufus and his army.

The battle was short and Davy was dispatched quickly. (More battle screenshots in future)

The battle was short and casaulties few other then the King's health. After the settelement was occupied the King left for England.

A new edition to the Royal Family Rufus as another son named John.

On the religious front the English failed to join the Crusade. The HRE and Poland declared war on Egypt as they marched of to the Jerusalem in the name of God.

Poland and the HRE joined in the last hour. The English now had a solid diplomat Edmund Frigge in Rome and Rufus was not concerned with the standing of the Pope that the diplomat Frigge could not grease.

Economically the merchants were expanding and ready for Continental trading.

Events were starting to were starting to develop.
    Scientist in the west world were making progress.

The Royal Family was expanding the marriage of the Duke of Normandy to a noble's daughter, a daughter Scholast was born to the Lord of Nottingham and the Queen Mother Matilda passed away.

Treachery!, in Scotland there was a build up on the Northern Border but it was Normandy where the French attacked the Fortress of Caen. The English were not in the best financial situation to wage a war at this time but the Duke of Normandy mobolized his army. The Fortress of Caen was beseiged.

Peace by 1132 the French requested a ceasefire and it was accepted because of the financial state of the Empire. There was no money in the coffers for a war. The King will wait and be better prepared.

Rufus is coronated in London and becomes King William II, King of England, Normandy France, Earl of Wessex. Long Live King William II.

Another daughter is born into the family Belle parents of King William II.

By the end of 1140 the state of Empire financially and compared to the rest of the world. The empire is 60 years young.

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

Hey NN, pics in post 5 and above don't wok for me, but it looks like a promising start.
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Good luck on the AAR!

Its been a fun read and I like the title system. I wish some of this was incorporated in the vanilla version via patch. Keep up the good work.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

did he get a title for conquering ireland?
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuperman
    Hey NN, pics in post 5 and above don't wok for me, but it looks like a promising start.
    I think I fixed the issue I was cleaning up the file and broke the link. Hopefully, it is corrected just getting to know this whole pic download thing. Makes you appreciate being Chancellor in the KotR.

The Fortress of Nottingham is a growing and from there comes different opinions and heresy begins to spread in the countryside with men of different views from King and Church.

The local priest could not do any harm.

It will take Cardinal Ashton from London to return to the area and destroy the Heretic.

On the diplomatic front things heat up when France allies with Scotland.

There will be two borders to defend if there should be war with France again. The Duke of York begins a muster for the northern border.

The diplomatic corps and the clergy are increased and will be send to the mainland.

The New Year starts out well with from the world of science.

However, King William's concerns with France are at the top of priorities.

The French were at again but would they go alone our enlist some of their allies to their cause?
    The French move first with a large force and west to Rennes.

King William II figures he has the money to wage war but is concerned with Rome. He advises the diplomat Frigge to enter discussions with Pope Gregory and try to keep the English on the same playing field as the French Crown.

There is some success and they are even keel with the French.

While the French beseige Rennes the Duke of Normandy moved out of Caen with a samll force towards the Fortress of Angers. To see how the French would react with the mobilization of the English force. In the same time frame the Lord of Nottingham Prince Dietrich had landed at the Port of Caen with a considerable force to relief the town of Rennes.

The Duke of Normandy did not get to far from Caen when he was attacked by a superior French force from Paris.

Outnumbered the Duke divided his forces up. (Forgot initial SS)

The French were getting the upper hand of the battle.

The Crown did not have the resources to meet the demands of the French and the men were lost.

It was Robert's first defeat and it took it's toll on his health.

The Lord of Nottingham was shocked by the turn of events and headed towards Angers. The seige of Rennes was lifted and the French also raced towards Angers.

Other disturbing news to the King was his Intelligence Agency not being able to make any ground in Scotland.
    Spy Richard was investigating the army around Edinburgh.

On the lighter side the Duke of York married a London noble's daughter.

The Crusade came to end and church bells rank out as the Poles were successful in capturing the Holy City Jerusalem.

The Battle of Angers the Lord of Nottingham arrives and meets the French General Guillemot de Lyon. (Missed the starting SS in the excitment)
    The two armies clash and the Captain Aleamme of the French is killed before his general Guillemot.

It was a close victory but a victory.

Good news all around for the English there is a son Garret born to the Duke of York and the Prince Dietrich is award a new title Count of Anjou

On the diplomatic front Senior Diplomat Bidell arrived in Constantinople and secured trade rights with a possible future ally.

There is some concern the French have formed an alliance with Milan. However, Pope Gregory has excommunicated the Milan faction.
    The French were building some alliances that were starting to concern King William. His only ally Denmark had been very low key with no dispatches in some time.
    He would put an edict forward to build some European alliances against the French and get that damn Intelligence Agency functioning. He was starting to feel more isolated with mainland events.

The English control of the Anjou region with some mop up operations.

Things were picking up with trade in the region too.

The Empire 80 years strong.
    Last edited by Northnovas; 07-13-2007 at 05:50.

The Family Tree of the Royal Family.

The Duke of York kept his troops trained by battle with Rebels coming over from Scotland and getting the local peasantry worked up. As his forces are building up in York he would take new units out to hunt for the Rebel Armies.

The merchant Garret Filde expanded his wares into the Spainish lands.
    Where the Christians were successful in the last Crusade to Jerusalem. The Muslims were not.

On a new concern to King William was the continued losses of his admirals at sea. There will have to be more resources spend to improve the current fleet.

Ceasefire declared. The French made another request for a ceasefire. The King accepted with no conditions. They had captured Angers and started to dismantle the fortifications to build a city. They would be better of economically and should the city be captured it will not be used as a fortress against the English. The King determined that the ratio of cities to castles will be 5 to 1.

More on the diplomatic front. While the ceasefire agreement was being settled the representitive from Milan now an ally of the French made the following demand.

The demand was accepted for the English had no knowledge of the Milanese. The King had decided to go along with the demand and a full build up of units in France. The next war will be finished by the English.

To support these units a merchant was created in Dublin to extort the islands wealth and another spy was added for work in France.

The year began with some disturbing and sad news.

The Queen was very upset at the news. There was no knowledge of war and the Danes had the highest wealth in the last decade. Again the Intelligence Agency was woefully in adequate to assist. English merchants working in Denmark delivered the news back to the King.

It appears there may have been internal strife within the country. Could it be possible to send an English expedition force to Arhus and claim the Danish Throne for the Queen who maybe the last surviving member?

The sadness across the Catholic nations was the death of Pope Gregory.

The College of Cardinals would convene to vote on the new Pope. Ashton was the English representation and though he was a fighter of heretics he had lost some standing and was not a candidate for election.

The votes where cast and the white smoke rose from the stack to let the world know a new Pope was elected.

The right vote was cast. The Spainish were a possibility to be an ally. They were at odds with the French and could be a good balance. The Danes were gone and the King had no nation allied with him.
    The other disturbing factor was the intellegence received from spy Richard Yeonge. The Scots have established bases on the mainland.

There was only diplomatic news to report. Angers was now a converted large town. A Theologians Guild was established in London and should enlighten the English clergy members.

Diplomat Symond Russell made contact with the Spainish and to warm relations did a friendly exchange of map information.

There was also a request by the Council to expand diplomatic contact in the east especially with the Turkish Empire. Senior diplomat Bidell was already on route to make contact.

The Family Tree another edition. The Duke of Normandy has a son Charles.

The Axis of evil is complete. Milan has signed an alliance with Scotland this completed the threesome with France.

England needs some allies. The HRE signed a truce with Egypt and this resulted in Pope Abbate excommunicating the Kaiser.
    English religious standing with Rome.

The Portuguese King Rrui will also be quickly excommunicated by the Pope.
    Newest recruit to the Intelligence Agency.

King William II oldest daughter comes of age Edyth. she is trained to represent the Crown on diplomatic matters.

Along with a new diplomat.

Also the merchant corps expands

On the religous front the hertic issue raises it's ugly head in central England.

However he is quickly executed when Ashton the Heretic Hunter gets word of his existence.

An embarrassing venture occurs outside of York when spy Phillip attempts to investigate the Scottish diplomats visiting the city.
    [

A replacement is hired to finish the work that the late Phillip started.

Diplomate Frigge continued his excellent work in Rome and came across this shocking news.

When in Rome do what the Romans do. Well not quite but trade relations were made with the Moors.

King Wiilliam II oldest son Stephen comes of age. He is being groomed as the next heir to the throne and begins his studies in London.

He was also given title by the King. Though Prince Dietrich is the faction heir.

More diplomatic action takes place. The French signed an alliance with Portugal.

To respond to that action diplomat Russell signs a trade pact with the Portuguese.

At the homefront another heretic is preaching on the northern border.

Who will eventually will be caught and executed by the local clergy.

The King is furious at another navel loss to pirates.

The Family Tree expands with Robert the Wrathful also now the Lord of Nottingham, Duke of Normandy, Count of Brittany has another son Francis. There will be more then enough titles to share.

Closing out the year France is at war with Spain. Maybe now is the time to choose an ally. Prince Dietrich's health is failing and request that an alliance be made with the HRE so he may return to his lands in Frankfurt to die. King William gives carefull consideration to his son in law's request because of the loyal and valiant service he has provided to the Crown.

holy crap man, you are getting pounded, What happened to the Denmark? lost all family members? targeting Arthus might be a good idea, if only to cut off the scots.
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

Getting pounded? I personally never do that well

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

A good read as always NN and you're making rapid progress.

My jaw dropped when I saw the Papacy ally with the Moors, I don't think I've seen that before. Just the opposite actually as they are the Pope's favorite targets.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

well, perhaps it's just different style of play, I'd never put up with that much diplomatic isolation and that few spies, add to that terrible luck against pirates, sheesh.

Also, 50 turns into the game much of the army seems to be militia still, seems unlucky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight
    A good read as always NN and you're making rapid progress.

My jaw dropped when I saw the Papacy ally with the Moors, I don't think I've seen that before. Just the opposite actually as they are the Pope's favorite targets.
    Thanks, though I have actually continued playing. I am catching up to the old files and notes. The images do take some time to organize.

I think I have had that alliance show up before. It makes you wonder about the factors in the game play. In the KotR PBEM I will go ahead a few saves and the things I get from the game don't come out in the official saves. I guess that makes the game unique. You can't predict every out come.

"It's WAR they want and WAR they shall get!" shouted King William on hearing the declaration from Milan.

It started with a sneak attack on the English Captain Harry in the remote Anjou Region by a Milanese Force.

England was once again in a state of war but with only one memer of the Evil Axis. How loing would it take before Scotland or France to join.

However, the good news that Prince Dietrich wanted to hear was the HRE agreed to an alliance with England. The King granted permission for the Count of Anjou to leave for Frankfurt after he had prepared the defenses of Anger for the Duke of Normandy's forces.

Princess Edyth was responsible for the negotations with the young noble Lother. Increasing her charm by +1

Science was making more progress.

The Diplomat Bidell continued his mission east. After trade rights were secured by the Turks he negotiated trade with the Egyptians.

Prince Dietrich prepares the defences of Angers the Duke of Normandy's army is still a day away from reaching the town. The Milanese besieged Angers.

Prince Dietrich is ready for the wait with the siege when General Cristoforo assaults the town.

The Milan assault force is prepared.

The bombardment starts on the wooden walls of the town.

The walls are broken opened but the artillery continues to bomb the area.

Prince Dietrich realizes his men will be blown to bits. He removes the town militia to the town centre. He does not want to easily give up the two breaches made by the bombardment. Knowing his mailed knights are best in open field he orders them to attack the catapult units of Milan. He is outnumbered but would have a fair fight with the catapults out of action. The missle units were to cover the charge and concentrate fire on the enemy's bodyguard unit.
    Charge!!!!!

It bought some time but only 2 of the 3 pieces were knocked out and the knights were used up in the battle. The missles did their job only the General was left in his unit.
    General Cristoforo led the charge through the broken walls.

The English held their ground and the melee ensued. A small victory for the defenders.

Just when luck may have been with defenders the unthinkable happened.

He delayed the attackers till the defenders could fall back on the street and regroup.

The Thin Red Line

( Okay I am a lot of ceturies before the Crimean War and I have not conquored Scotland yet. But this was my highland regiment with the pipers playing the quick 2/4 4/4 6/8 marches to keep the troops morale up as they fought the onslaught....

Both leaders were gone and the battle went to the centre of the city. The Town Milita and some of the stragglers from the gates were left to hold the last defenses.

Wave after wave after wave hit the line but they did not bend.

The fighting was relentless but they were outnumbered. The fourth wave made a flank attack from a side street not the main fairway.

The line broke the town was lost. It was finally over.

The settlement was occupied by the Milan Army. However there was no time for a victory celebration.

The Duke of Normandy was only hours away and had forced marched his men.

The English victory was hollow.

1184 was a busy year, Angers was retaken. There was more religious unrest in England.

Who was quickly detained and tried by Cardinal Ashton. Execution was swift.

Other character development

The new Faction Heir and officially Prince of Wales.

The Family Tree is trimmed and will hopefully be bountiful. Possible a marriage alliance for Stephen with Spain.

The Axis of Evil cannot grow any stronger.

Nice read, particularly enjoyed your account of the seige of Angers. Its good to see so many people contributing AAR's now. The Mod you are using looks interesting.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

NN, good read. But a hideous princess with 4 charms??? I wonder who would ever marry her, and what would happen to his sanity and fertility... :P

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold
    NN, good read. But a hideous princess with 4 charms??? I wonder who would ever marry her, and what would happen to his sanity and fertility... :P
    Ya, even though the charm increased the base is there. She is on her way to Rome to be a diplomat. They shouldn't be too concerned with looks in the Vatican. I have also seen the opposite in charm coming up in the next segment.

Relations are improving with the Papacy and HRE in fact England is the largest faction this year.

Trade is increasing as merchants are recruited and practice there skills at home and abroad. The local merchants were successful in aquiring trade for the foreign Scottish merchants.

The diplomat Harrold continued east with success in Poland

Stephen returns to Wales to commission the building of a new church in Caernarvon

A new alliance was developed by diplomat Russell

Scotland forms an alliance with Poland. Is the axis growing?

On the religious front sad news for England.

Hungary is excommunicated and the HRE is reconciled. This pleases King William II regarding his ally however there is no College seat and no voice on future Popes.

Continuing on religious matters sad news from Rome

The English have no vote and the country that was excommunicated is able to have their represented elected.

The current sate of the College and the standing with the Pope.

All countries are reconciled with Pope Fillippus

For the Royal Family there was more exciting news.

Prince Stephen arrives in Ireland and accepts a new title. He is now Prince Stephen, Prince of Wales, King of Ireland and Lord of Dublin with the King's blessing.
    John leaves London and will assist his uncle Robert, Duke of Normandy with the army in France.

The Itelligence newtwork is improving very slowly.

Religion again dominates the news in Europe.

This happened quickly and caught everyone by surprise. The French were able to get their Cardinal elected. Seeing the predicament he could be in the King accepted the following proposal from France.

Robert was so inrigued with the French princesses he contcated the King.

The new Papal standing.

A title is bestowed upon John with his arrival in France.

The Crown's Council has been very quiet but suggest the following.

The Royal Family was concerned over the Danish incident and thought a possible expedition to Denmark led by the Duke of York. This would would be a good precursor.

At the King's demand the naval facilities were upgraded in London allowing a new ship to be added to the fleet.

Maybe this will improve the Fleet's chances for victory.

Our two senior members of the Diplomatic Corps continue to work for the Crown.
    In Rome.

African Sahara

Other diplomatic news.

Concerns are raised in the Byzantium Empire.

King William concern towards his brother the Duke of York.

Henry is ready to fight and does not want to be on guard duty in York. Rather then a trip to Denmark they compromise and decide an attack on the Rebels in Inverness the Scots have not been able to take the settlement. The North Sea Fleet was assigned to transport the Duke of York with an army to the tip of Scotland. This could provide some balance with the Scots.

Henry's ill fated expedition
    The Duke disembarks on the northshore and immediately besieges Inverness.

The English spy in the area Augustine was of little use to the Duke. Henry was deathly ill and did not want to sit out in the harsh winter conditions he ordered an attack and some equipment was build.
    The armies.

Prepared and waiting for battle.

The turning point.

There was no other equipment to knock down the gates.
    The Duke ordered his men over the top!

No hold could be taken.
    The carnage.

It was classified a close defeat but the Duke of York was humilated.

The defences were woeful under estimated and there was no chance of victory.
    Stuck on top of the world.

The Irish Sea Fleet was dispatched to rescue the Duke and his men.
    The century did end on a high note and the King came up with an intriguing strategy.

The Royal Family expands and Pricess Belle comes of age. Her role has not been defined by the King.

So intrigued was the King on hearing of the beauty of the French princess the diplomat Harrold was dispatched and offerred the following.

The terms of agreement were met. Would this be the set back of the Axis alliance and would the Pope be happy with this union. It also set peace amongst the nations.

The new priest from the Theologians Guild in London marries the Royal couple.

The Papal Standing.

The Duke's rescue.

Royal Family Tree

Year in report after 120 years.

In the world of science to significant events develop at the start of the new century. The development of the wheelbarrel and the power of zero.

Merchant class grows.

However by the end of the year trouble was brewing on the Irish Coast.

The following occurs and was not totally unexpected.

The Irish Sea Fleet returned from the rescue mission dropping the Duke of York off on Irish Shores. They immediately engage the Portuguese Fleet.

The Naval training is paying off. Admiral Michell as a +2 command.

TheDuke of York is in Ireland to defend Dublin. The Prince of Wales is in Caernarvon with his force but is not sure if he or just his army should go to Ireland.

The family tree is where I want it and the charm of the French Princess should bring forth some children. Unfortunately Rufus will kick off soon and then I don't know who will get the Faction Heir designation.
    Hopefully it will be an older relative. Though my generals are short. I also found that the money is tight. I am usually better off financially starting in this time frame but that is the challenge. Will see how things fair with the Portuguese.
    Last edited by Northnovas; 07-20-2007 at 00:42.

There is disturbing news of an empire from the far east.

Milan request trade rights now that everyone is on peaceful terms. They were accepted.

A another member to the diplomatic corp.

Though things are not going well with the merchants and trade.

Conflict in the Irish Sea.

Another loss.

The King's Council makes another request for a blockade. It has come to the realization that the Crown cannot afford these free gifts after a successful mission. The upkeep is too expensive.

Allies declare war and the King must choose a side.

[

Though the King wishes to please his son and his new wife he remains true to his first ally the HRE

Other diplomatic news.

In Ireland the Duke of York attacks the small Portuguese Army outside of Dublin.

The Duke makes up for the past battle.

A sad note in the diplomatic corps Senior member Laurence Bidell passes away while in Africa. More merchants losses in Europe.

The King sees the fruit of his labours and hopefully an improvement of the Navy.

[

The Portuguese offered a request for a ceasefire but the King would not except anything less then Portugal to become a vassal of England. It was firmly rejected.

Other diplomatic news.

WAR! Milan declares war again on England. At least England as Spain to assist with the war.

Milan waste no time and besieges Angers while the Count is in Rennes.

The results.

Diplomatic news of the year.

In Faction news Fraunce Hill the priest of York passes away and so does one of the first merchants Garret Fidle in Pamplona.

The most significant event of the year is King William II forming the Danish Expedition. Tired of sitting in the capital and his years numbered he forms an army and moves to Denmark with the North Sea Fleet. He will find out what happened to the Danish Royals and possible claim the throne for England through his late wife Ingrid daughter of King Harrald III of Denmark.

There was news of their appearance earlier but now they are attacking with brutal force.

Paul Chapman the priest of Caen is called out to test the witch Ketripora that was reported in the area. He was successful condeming her.

From the Vatican news comes that Venice has been excommunicated and the HRE have been reconciled. Other news from Rome Senior Diplomat Frigge passes away. The Duke of York's son Garrett comes of age and is ready to take command.

The inadequate English Fleet were unable to prevent another landing of Portuguese troops.

However, the Duke of York had reinforcemnets come from Wales. Prince Stephen decided not to make the journey and send some of his regiments over.

Great sadness strikes the Royal Family. The Count of Anjou John the son of King William II is killed in battle with the Milan Duke Puccio.

[

/

The screenshots were some how corrupted.

King William II arrives in Denmark and find Arhus controlled by Rebels. Another disturbing note is the City of Hamburg is controlled by the Scots.

Ireland
    The Duke of York is confronted with another Portuguese force and with the arrival of reinforcements from Wales he wastes no time and attacks.

The Duke's forces.

Having so many regiments of calvary they were sent to each flank and easily engulfed the enemy forces. The dismounted knights were not even in the fight.

Things were looking up for Henry.

The last order King William II gives his men.

Arhus is under siege. Long live the King!

The Crown's standing at the end of William II reign.
    Papacy

Year End Report
    Last edited by Northnovas; 07-23-2007 at 04:59.

King William II dies in Denmark. Prince Stephen returns to London.

Family Tree

Financial Report

Overview

The new King is on shaky ground financially. He will have to bring in some reforms to support his kingdom. The taxes cannot go any higher.

Coronation London

Prince Stephen becomes King Henry in honouring his charming wife's family and his roots in France.

King Henry, Holder of the Privy Seal, Earl of Wessex, King Of England, Ireland and the French Territories.

The only fighting in the year was the naval forces and another beating.

On the diplomatic side the Byzantines are not pleased with the new King and relations get worse. The Turks and the Poles end hostilites.
    News from Denmark gets worse. Captain Geoffery in charge of the expedition throws away his allegiance to the King and joins the Rebels.

End of Year Report for the new King.

Revenge in the French Forrest.

The Duke of Normandy vows revenge for the death of his nephew John, Count of Anjou. He was killed in battle in the Anjou region by the Milanese Duke Puccio. After the last contact with the English the Duke remained in the are a supplying his forces. He was hunted and caught by Robert's forces.

The battle was fought in the wintery forest of the Anjou region.

Victory!!
    [

The results,

Diplomatically the King was able to form the alliance that was needed to balance France, Milan and Scotland.

The "Entente Cordiale" was formed with the goal to stop the "Evil Axis"

As a result of this pact the Pope excommunicated the King Johan of Spain.

Faction announcements the old guard is passing.

The Duke of Normandy, Count of the Midlands, Duke of Brittany dies peacefully in Caen.

The new Faction Heir

The Duke of York is also Prince Henry.

A merchant is recruited to replace the ones that have passed but are badley in need of experience.

Constantinople is safe for now.

As the decade ends the King improves the financial picture by combining and dimissing some elite units. There is a slow cashflow and can anymore money be generated?

The family tree is off a bit with the new King. No children by the King with the wife of a high charm rating; though they would not be of age. It is an older uncle who is the faction heir. It will be interesting to see if the King produces any heir before the tree is trimmed. It may move from the House of Rufus to Henry. There have been offers of adoption but they have all been refused so far. It's unfortunate the game mechanic work this way. However , the goal is trying to make it work. Some more cash would be nice.
    Last edited by Northnovas; 08-11-2007 at 05:16.

The year starts off with Portugal offering a ceasefire. It is flatly rejected by King Henry. Other interesting news France has had a falling out with the Papacy. The French Cardinal who was elected Pope has excommunicated his country.

Within the Royal Family there was more good news with another male coming of age.

Charles will follow in his fathers footsteps and head to France to inherit the titles belonging to his father Robert. The English are desperate for leaders and young ambitious ones will do for now.

The English struggle on the mainland with merchants having their wares raided but are able to fend them off.

Charles arrives in Caen and accepts his title Duke of Normandy. He will take the command of the English Forces in France.

Two Muslim factions are at war.

[

The Pope makes an offer to the English.

Here is a legitimate reason to attack the French and capture more lands. The Queen is not pleased and the King holds off to see what the other Catholic nations will do.

In the diplomacy story the senior diplomat of the relm continues east and arranges a trade agreement with the Turks.

Another diplomat recruited.

The Crusade grows the English Allies the HRE join and form an army for Toulouse.
    The English loose another merchant.

The HRE and The Byzantines are at war.

Faction Announcements.

The Crusade grows Hungary joins the HRE and declares war on France. They break their alliance with Milan.

Another member of the Royal Family comes of age.

Young Francis will join his brother Charles in France and inherit the titles of his father Robert.
    The situation in Normandy is quiet. Scotland has a large army on the border has it continues to battle the HRE units in the area.

The 1240 report. A 160 years and the finances are starting to improve.

On the Religious front the King is elated with the news from Rome.

Once again there is a voice in the College.

Diplomatically there was a lot of action amongst the nations.

Following the diplomatic news the spy network was slowly improving.

It was a good year all withe best news coming from the north. The Duke of York corrects past humilation.

However, he did not take it out on the popluation. They surrendered and accepted his terms. He now occupies the castle.

King Henry bestows the title of his late uncle Robert to his cousin Francis.

Other Faction news.

With the new Count in Angers the Merchants build a guild in the city.

Trouble brewing in Ireland. The North Sea Fleet went around the island into the Irish Sea looking for enemy fleets. There was activity spotted from the Brittany coast. However they were unsuccessful and headed east through the channel.

Harrold skills are slowly building in the east but his time is running out.

A new title is created by the King. This title is designated to the Faction Heir who is a member of the Royal Family but not a offspring of the King. The Faction Heir the Duke of York is also now known has the Baron of Inverness-Shire.

The year starts on a sad note for the Navy.

A new spy recruited in the Intelligence Agency.

Before the year ends some strange events take place in Rome. The Pope decides to fill all the vacancies in the College of Cardinals.

Of the 7 vacancies Milan takes 5 and HRE 2.

College and Papcy overview.

As the decade ends the King accepts a Master Guild in London. Hopefully it will produce a future Pope.

In diplomacy relations with Spain are very good and with the Turks poor.
    Time is running out with the Crusade. The HRE is the only nation involved since Hungary made peace with France. The Pope is aging and the Princess in Rome has been doing an excellent job representing the Crown, so the standing will not move too much. This could be a limited chance for more land.
    The Count of Anjou moved his army out of Angers and south to the border near Toulouse. Reinforcements were send to Ireland by the Baron of Inverness to meet his son Garret who also went to Dublin with a small force.
    However, in northern France the spy network has been tracking a large force that left the Milanese city of Dijon and is now north of Paris. It looks like the Duke of Normandy could get his first battle.

The year end report for 1250.

So far the titles created in the game.

English Titles

King of England
    William the Conquor 1080-1124
    William II (Rufus) 1124-1224
    Henry (Stephen)

Holder of the Privy Seal (For the King of England)
    William the Conquor 1082-1124
    William II 1024-1224
    Henry 1224-

Earl of Wessex (Held by the Head of the Throne)
    William the Conquor 1082-1124
    Rufus 1124-1224
    Stephen 1224-

King of Ireland, Lord of Dublin (for the King or Faction Heir)
    Stephen 1194-

Duke of Normandy (For the Commander of the Army of France)
    Robert 1086-1228
    Charles 1234-

Duke of Brittany (for loyal service to the Crown)
    Robert 1096-1228

Count of the Midlands, Lord of Nottingham (For the Highest Commander)
    William the Conquor 1100-1120
    Dietrich von Saxony 1120- 1178
    Robert 1178-

Duke of York, Lord of York (For the Youngest Son of the Crown)
    Henry 1100-

Duke of Wales (For the faction heir of the Throne)
    Prince Rufus 1108-1124
    Prince Stephen 1176-1224

Count of Angers(for loyal service to the Crown)
    Dietrich von Saxony 1166-1184
    Robert 1184 -1194
    John 1194-1222
    Francis 1244-

Baron of Inverness-Shire (for the Faction Heir not a child of the King)
    Henry 1244-

On the mainland the Count of Anjou was at the southern border of the region debating on the crusade to Toulouse. When the Milanese army stormed over the border.

It was a close battle with the armies even matched.

The Count prevailed.

On the diplomatic front relations with the Turks gets worse and with ally Spain improves to very good. Portugal request a ceasefire and it was rejected by King Henry.

Once again sad news from Rome.

Just before the King could commit the Crusade was cancelled. Francis's army was depleted and had to return north to resupply.
    At least there was Cardinal in the College for a vote. England stuck with her ally and came out on the short end.

Pope Renaldus of Milan was the victor. There will be a price to pay for England.

The new Pope grants reconcilation.

Relations are now terrible with the Papacy and abysmal with Portugal. However the Spainards have outstanding relations with the English.

Faction announcements

The Baron of Inverness-Shire as another son.

The Milanese Pope promotes another of his brothers into the College.

The year starts with a naval victory in the Irish Sea from The North Sea Fleet who were send in to clear out any Portuguese ships from the Irish coast. Garret was able top knock the Portuguse from Dublin without a fight.

A guild is offered in Caen and accepted.

A new merchant is added to replace the men who have been lost.

In Scotland the Spy Augustine checks out the Scottish capital with success.

Though the Baron of Inverness-Shire has been attending mass faithfully.

Roaming the country side outside of Inverness.

The HRE declares war on Milan.

On the religous front the Pope threatens excommunication.

The King quickly gets a ceasefire with Milan knowing they would be next.

The situation near Normandy at the ceasefire.

However one nation is not in the Pope's favour again.

In attempt to gain allies and men Princess Belle approached the Siclian faction in Naples. Things do not turn out so well.

Other sad news Admiral Michell life ends of natural causes and that of the Irish merchant Middleman.

King Henry creates two new tiltles. Lord High Steward to be bestowed a loyal servant of the Crown and Lord High Chancellor to be bestowed on the individual to judicate the laws of the land.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of nobles to pass the titles around.

The relations with both allies is outstanding.

Year End Report. 180 years and very slowly moving along.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast