That looks awesome, great work.
    Just Facit

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: EB Preview : Hayasdan Reforms

Wow, two pages already.

Btw, I too am looking forward to this!

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Wow. Incredible work. This should make Hayasdan far more interesting to play as. Only two questions spring to mind:

1. Is the distance to which provinces can be reformed to support a type II government based on the previous extent of the Persian empire? It looks rather large to me, but I admit I don't know how centrally governed the more far-flung areas were.
    2. It probably sounds rather greedy, but are such reforms planned for other factions which start off uncentralised? Such as the Sweboz, Lusitanians, the Dacians, Casse, and possibly Saba? I really like the idea of limiting such factions at the start to prevent completely a-historical steamrollering.

Again, great work! This is the kind of thing I love in EB. And yeah, the descriptions are really good, nice and indepth.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

So we can pick and choose which towns we want to leave Hellenic and which ones we want to Persianize ?

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Quote Originally Posted by The Persian Cataphract
    What I have shared is the model of how "Eastern" nations in history expanded, and a strategy plan of consolidation. Without revealing any concepted plan, I ask the fans to try to realize the potential of this structure.
    Well, so far we've had previews for Pahlava and Hayasdan - are Arche Seleukeia, Saka Rauka and Baktria going to get something too? I hope the AS "break-up" thing becomes more obvious TBH - nothing seemed to happen when I played as other factions.

Also, thanks for the historical information.

In fact, this "break up" thing should not only be the AS's problem, but the problem of any bigger empire. In RTW it's just too easy to manage an empire, and I hope that in future versions EB will do sth about it... It would be cool if the later game would also be interesting. After all, running an empire shouldn't be a picnic.
    Last edited by Cybvep; 08-11-2007 at 20:15.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: EB Preview : Hayasdan Reforms

That's fantastic, Food.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey S
    Wow. Incredible work. This should make Hayasdan far more interesting to play as. Only two questions spring to mind:

1. Is the distance to which provinces can be reformed to support a type II government based on the previous extent of the Persian empire? It looks rather large to me, but I admit I don't know how centrally governed the more far-flung areas were.
    2. It probably sounds rather greedy, but are such reforms planned for other factions which start off uncentralised? Such as the Sweboz, Lusitanians, the Dacians, Casse, and possibly Saba? I really like the idea of limiting such factions at the start to prevent completely a-historical steamrollering.

Again, great work! This is the kind of thing I love in EB. And yeah, the descriptions are really good, nice and indepth.
    1. Achaemenid Persia, at its height, extended further than this. But this zone of reforming provinces represents the heartland and the most important provinces. Baktria was incredibly important as was Syria, so I used those two as boundaries. I didn't want to head south into egyptian land or anatolia as I felt they weren't really in the zone I wanted to focus on.

2. If other factions want to use a similar system they are more than welcome to, but they would need to dicuss that amongst themselves as to what is the most appropriate.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty
    So we can pick and choose which towns we want to leave Hellenic and which ones we want to Persianize ?
    Not really, but I guess its possible through cheating. Constructing the building "The Conquerer Comes ..." in the provinces of a tier, getting the Expansion Precursor and then destroying the building "The Conquerer Comes ..." is an easy way to exploit the system. Nothing I can do about that, except be careful and don't cheat.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    nah, all units down the right have already been previewed. I was referring more in the way of building descriptions.

I mean, they are not really hidden, but you know...

Foot
    got it!
    nice descriptions (cant see bonuses that "Conquerer comes..." provides though ) and idea as a whole! very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    got it!
    nice descriptions (cant see bonuses that "Conquerer comes..." provides though ) and idea as a whole! very well done!
    You'll also be pleased to hear that the Caucasian Archers will be making it into the next public release, so no more thanvare payahdag in the mountains.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Not really, but I guess its possible through cheating. Constructing the building "The Conquerer Comes ..." in the provinces of a tier, getting the Expansion Precursor and then destroying the building "The Conquerer Comes ..." is an easy way to exploit the system. Nothing I can do about that, except be careful and don't cheat.

Foot
    But could you still choose whether or not to reform a particular tier of provinces, so long as the previous tier has already been reformed right? So could you, for example, reform all the provinces east from the center and leave those to the west unreformed, thus getting the hellenistic recruitment options from local MICs in the west and the persian recruitment options from factional MICs in the east? That wouldn't be cheating would it?

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror
    But could you still choose whether or not to reform a particular tier of provinces, so long as the previous tier has already been reformed right? So could you, for example, reform all the provinces east from the center and leave those to the west unreformed, thus getting the hellenistic recruitment options from local MICs in the west and the persian recruitment options from factional MICs in the east? That wouldn't be cheating would it?
    That is in fact what the system allows (something I did on purpose).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

You'll also be pleased to hear that the Caucasian Archers will be making it into the next public release, so no more thanvare payahdag in the mountains.

Foot
    i thought you've forgotten about it.
    thanks

Man this is going to be soo great can't wait to start a new campaigne with Haysdan and when are you guys planning to bring a voice mod for armenia
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    Man this is going to be soo great can't wait to start a new campaigne with Haysdan and when are you guys planning to bring a voice mod for armenia
    When someone writes the commands in Armenian accompanied by a pronunciation guide.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

was this the promised preview we've been waiting for? btw, great preview! maybe after i finish as SPQR, ill do the Hai.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

With all the work being done on the Pahlava and now the Hayasdan as well; those are two factions that are growing increasingly attractive to play as for me. Although i'm a Greek apologist, i'm more than willing to give the "eastern barbarians" a try with all the work you guys are putting into these 2 factions...Hehe J/K with the barbarian stuff...

Great work Foot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader
    When someone writes the commands in Armenian accompanied by a pronunciation guide.

If thats all that is needed I can do that, now I don't really have that much time but in a week or three I could do it
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

I only just got those "easter eggs" lol , but I could only find the links on TWC.

Anyway, nice descriptions, but just some small things I think you should change.

In the paragraph before the "STRATEGY" paragraph for both descriptions, you should, in my opinion, change the following:

It was only the twin pressures that begun began the inevitable dissolution of the Seleukid Empire. By this time Hayasdan's economy and military and become had been organised under the new king Artashes, whose successes in battle helped form make Hayasdan into a homogenous kingdom.

Otherwise: cool!

nah, that wouldnt sound right! what you really need is an native Armenian to do the voicing!
    a question. will this new boduguard unit replace the current one? imo the latter looks awesome btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    nah, that wouldnt sound right! what you really need is an native Armenian to do the voicing!
    a question. will this new boduguard unit replace the current one? imo the latter looks awesome btw.
    Actually, forgot to mention that part, but as I understood anyone who wants to pronounce the words needs to speak Armenian or a closely related language natively or fluently.
    We don't just put anyone in front of a mic. Our Punic voicemod actor had to use weeks to perfect his pronunciation before he began. Expect no less for Armenian or any other language.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Where is the Easter egg? I cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28
    Where is the Easter egg? I cant find it
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    I only just got those "easter eggs" lol , but I could only find the links on TWC.

Pretty nice!!!!
    I was wanting to start an game with Hai, and now....
    Excelent job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster
    Still don't get it. I can't find any links to an "easteregg" in the building description of the TWC preview. Could soemone please PM me and tell me what this "easteregg" is and where to find it?

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Is the easter egg the two building descriptions? But i cant find any refrences about the TWC

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click on the buildings icons for The Conqueror comes... and [/b]...and brings Peace and Order[/B]. Enjoy!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Ah, thank you

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Actually, forgot to mention that part, but as I understood anyone who wants to pronounce the words needs to speak Armenian or a closely related language natively or fluently.
    We don't just put anyone in front of a mic. Our Punic voicemod actor had to use weeks to perfect his pronunciation before he began. Expect no less for Armenian or any other language.
    Don't worry I'm a native armenian borne in Hayastan
    So if you want I could start working on it begin september or soo.

William Saroyan, 1935.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast