Thread: Faster Pole Weapons.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Default Faster Pole Weapons.

Is there a way to increase the attack speed for units with pole weapons?
    I want this because I had a unit of those russian big axe guys fighting a heavy armoured unit and I though yay, my big axes should tear though their armour but unfortunatly the attack speed of my big axe guys was too slow and they got slaughtered.
    I've also had this problem with: Varangian Guard, JHI, Halberd Guys and Bill Guys, it makes them useless.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Default Re: Faster Pole Weapons.

Well, just about everyone playing MTW 2 has a problem with the two handed units bug, right after the game came out. There is some very good mods and a LOT of posts here. By the way the pikemen have simular problem.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Hmmm Foz used to have a fix for it but that was for version 1.1. It did make them a bit too fast though as they used the JHI animation or a demo M2TW one. Not sure if it works for 1.2/1.3 though.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

So there's no way to make them attack faster?
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

pikemen can be fixed by changing the formation line spacing from 1.2, 1.2

to

0.8, 1.8

formation 0.8, 1.8, 2.4, 2.4, square, phalanx

spear wall halberds can be sped up in marching speed across the board by simply removing the phalanx attribute. something about giving them the phalanx attribute slows them down both in and out of spearwall.

by removing the phalanx attribute

giving them a mass of 4

giving the primary weapon line the spear attribute

increasing spear_bonus from a 4 to an 8

you can make them as effective in stopping a cav charge as they could with the spearwall.

this also frees the unit up to give it the schiltrom.

when out of schiltrom as the enemy nears they lower their halberds in an angled straight line as opposed to the jannisaries infantries flat and oblique brace animation.

in schiltrom they keep their halberds lowered at an angle all the time when stationary.

leave both the primary and secondary weapon.

i know this doesnt address their attack animation but it helps for those units.

actually the only units that really have a slow animation are the two hand axe units.

this is why CA gave them such a high attack number was to compensate for this. even though they still are slow connecting, when they connect they usually cause a killing blow.