Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Wishlist

Default 1.3 Wishlist

CA, specifically Pala, has asked for a list of community requests for 1.3, and I'm sure everyone here is only too happy to oblige

A few rules to keep things civilised:
    - Only post an idea if you have 1.2 so the list doesn't get cluttered with improvements that have already been made
    - No flaming. Feel free to discuss and debate suggestions offered, but do it in a civilised way
    - Please bold suggestions so that I can pick them out from the general discussion
    - No CA bashing/swearing/anything else that isn't normally permitted in these forums. You know the rules

So let the ideas commence

Oh, and just because something's moddable doesn't mean that it would be a bad suggestion to have CA adopt officially

--------
    Campaign Map
    Make an agent limit for spies and assassins just like there is for merchants, so the AI and player can't spam them.

Return of the title system from MTW

Ability to change the faction heir

Diplomacy
    "Get off my land" option

Option to declare war without attacking unprovokedly.

Battle Map
    Let the player choose the order of reinforcements.

Make Halberd units have the same speed as Pikemen

General Balancing in light of shield and 2-hand fix
    Last edited by sapi; 04-10-2007 at 02:11.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Default Re: 1.3 Wishlist

Make an agent limit for spies and assassins just like there is for merchants, so the AI and player can't spam them. This is probably a big factor in making all the AI cities have thieves guilds.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier
    Make an agent limit for spies and assassins just like there is for merchants, so the AI and player can't spam them. This is probably a big factor in making all the AI cities have thieves guilds.
    You can already do that yourself in the descr_buildings file
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Just because it's moddable doesn't mean it's a bad idea to adopt officially.
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Ability to Organise Reinforcements prior to battle

I think that this might be available in the new extension?

Title system would be nice like in MTW:1

I want to give and take titles like Chamberlain, province count and so on

Play speech during deployment mode.
    The speeches are fun and really add something, but must I really sit around doing nothing while I listen to it? Let me arrange my army while it continues to play, please.

I think 1.2 is working nicely for me so far.

One thing that does really bug me though is the fact that halberdiers move so slowly. That is (I think) all polearm units with the spearwall ability - Halberd Militia and Voulgiers spring to mind but there may be more. This occurs whether they are in spearwall mode or not. They move slower than pikemen and even artillery units. They are the slowest units in the game. This makes them pretty useless in a combined arms force as they are usually left way behind. The only solution so far is to have them run to their destination, which obviously tires them out too quick! I don't think that a halberd should be any more difficult to manouvre than a pike.

So, my suggestion for 1.3 would be: Make Halberd units the same speed as Pikemen.
    Thank you
    Stu.

Statistics and price ballancing of the units.

For example:
    Cheaper; archers, spears & hybrids.
    More expensive; pikes, cavalry.
    Weaker stats for mounted xbows and less powerfull light cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by stufer
    I think 1.2 is working nicely for me so far.

One thing that does really bug me though is the fact that halberdiers move so slowly. That is (I think) all polearm units with the spearwall ability - Halberd Militia and Voulgiers spring to mind but there may be more. This occurs whether they are in spearwall mode or not. They move slower than pikemen and even artillery units. They are the slowest units in the game. This makes them pretty useless in a combined arms force as they are usually left way behind. The only solution so far is to have them run to their destination, which obviously tires them out too quick! I don't think that a halberd should be any more difficult to manouvre than a pike.

So, my suggestion for 1.3 would be: Make Halberd units the same speed as Pikemen.
    Thank you
    Stu.
    !i second this!

also i would like to see the uphill downhill bug fixed.

visual of pikes with spears lowered level before contact.

better pike performance. they are still not working properly.

drugi Rudolf Maister Member zstajerski's Avatar

The much debated option: Get off my Land!!!
    The option: to declare war!!
    The option: change Faction heir!!

That would be the most urgent stuff for me....

no way to find out which factions are excummunicated.

no way to know the location of an agent or army that has rebelled or betrayed you. no magnify option to show you the location.

I would like for agents to replot their course automatically IF the new path is less than 2 or 3 turns longer than the original (So they don't go around the world). Agent micromanagement is the worst.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Let's see.

- Give Forlorn hope the 2hp they deserve. [can mod it, but as sapi said...]
    - Sort agents by agent type and creation order
    - Remove the annoying base unrest in regions (15%-20%) [I can remove it by modding, but still]
    - Ability to assassinate your own generals/family members/agents
    - Ability to disband agents
    - A non-cheating AI [If we wanted it to cheat we could mod it ourselves]
    - Ability to set Jihad/Crusade cooldown time
    - Remove battlemaps where armies can wait out at inaccessible spots. [I know CA considers this a feature not a bug, but I hate it anyway and this is a wishlist]
    - Ability to remove ancillaries via code or check for presence of a given ancillary without having to give it its own type
    - Stop the non sensical random port blockading of the AI
    - Make AI Scots actually take Inverness and Dublin
    - Make the diplomatic option of "Demand Attack Faction" actually cost less than 600k in florins AND make the AI actually act according to your demands if you pay it that amount. Currently they just let it expire and take the rep hit...
    - Fix all bugs I reported on the buglist :D
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 04-10-2007 at 13:34.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawligia
    I would like for agents to replot their course automatically IF the new path is less than 2 or 3 turns longer than the original (So they don't go around the world). Agent micromanagement is the worst.
    Amen to that.

While we're on that topic, i would love to see some reworking of agents tab, i.e. instead of just one tab for all of your agents (why? why would i ever need to see my priests and my assassins in the same list? They are totally unrelated) instead give us one tab each for priests etc / spies / assassins / merchants / diplomats. I'm totally sick of having to scroll down a massive list of priests and spies to find my diplomats.

ALSO would love to see: A 'cycle through idle agents' hotkey.

Definition of 'idle':
    All Agents : agent is outside a settlement, and doesnt have a movement path defined for the next turn, and has not yet been used by the player this turn.

Merchants, Diplomats should also be treated as idle if they are inside a settlement, since AFAIK they don't contribute anything useful while in there.

Merchants aren't idle if they're sitting on a resource.

I guess Priests could be considered non-idle if theyre preaching in foreign lands. Meh.

Thus each turn we could simply hit the key to cycle through the agents which should probably be doing something, but aren't.

Man behind the screen Member Empirate's Avatar

I like all suggestions that have popped up so far a lot. However, I have some small contributions to make:

1. I'd like to see heavy penalties for all kinds of missile units when fighting in a forest.

2. I'd like to see situational modifiers matter more, especially downhill fighting, tiredness etc.

3. I'd like to see either a) Archers firing faster or b) Crossbowmen firing more slowly.

4. I'd like to have the campaign map AI give the Mongols some concrete goals, which they try to reach no matter what, as well as a generally more aggressive behavior. In a recent campaign of mine, they didn't attack a single settlement, didn't attack other AI armies parked right under their nose. However, they made slow (ca. half movement points used per turn) progress into the Balkan area, until finally I stumbled over them at Venice. Then they ambled back east, only to wander off into Greece (which I wasn't interested in, so I left them alone). This is just ridiculous!

5. Rebels popping up all over the place may be interesting in the beginning, but from the point you have ten provinces, it just gets more and more annoying. Tie rebel frequency to size/stability/power of an empire, please! Alternatively, give us some real rebel challenge: When there is unrest in a settlement, let a stack of rebels pop up. When there is more unrest, let this stack multiply... and let it move and attack the settlement itself, instead of just standing around until the player gets annoyed enough to finish them off: Proactive rebels!
    People know what they do,
    And they know why they do what they do,
    But they do not know what what they are doing does
    -Catherine Bell

King grants governor titles to Generals
    and Governors traits then directly influence province
    Influence is increased when governor is resident in province.
    Cannot give governorships to non-generals
    Title added to name description
    Titles Hereditary

Increase global affect of kings traits so success of empire is more dependent on quality and distance of leader.

Troops not led by a General cannot rebel in a home province

Appearance of rebels tied to Province Happiness
    100% happy = no rebels, the lower it goes, the more rebels appear and the better qualtiy they are. As above, make them more pro-active!

"Make peace with other faction" Diplomacy option
    "Get off my land" Diplomacy option

Show Agents/Armies/Navies Movement points in lists scroll
    I would second all points made so far regarding agents, seperating lists, restricting quantities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cat mech
    no way to find out which factions are excummunicated.
    Can't you just hover your mouse over the factions on the Popeometer?
    Proud Strategos of the

Yes, but I agree in saying that it would be nice to have the 'broken crosses' mechanic returned

Senior Member Senior Member Carl's Avatar

Thats not what he's asking for.

He's asking that we don't get told when a faction is excommed or that we can't find out where an army/agent that has gone rebel is by clicking the magnify glass, (it does exist, thats why I say i think he wants the options removing).
    Find my ProblemFixer Purehere.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

BETA Testers needed for the current version of RebuildProblemFixer. Thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Daveybaby
    While we're on that topic, i would love to see some reworking of agents tab, i.e. instead of just one tab for all of your agents (why? why would i ever need to see my priests and my assassins in the same list? They are totally unrelated) instead give us one tab each for priests etc / spies / assassins / merchants / diplomats. I'm totally sick of having to scroll down a massive list of priests and spies to find my diplomats.

ALSO would love to see: A 'cycle through idle agents' hotkey.

Definition of 'idle':
    All Agents : agent is outside a settlement, and doesnt have a movement path defined for the next turn, and has not yet been used by the player this turn.

Merchants, Diplomats should also be treated as idle if they are inside a settlement, since AFAIK they don't contribute anything useful while in there.

Merchants aren't idle if they're sitting on a resource.

I guess Priests could be considered non-idle if theyre preaching in foreign lands. Meh.

Thus each turn we could simply hit the key to cycle through the agents which should probably be doing something, but aren't.
    Or bring back the movement bar that was introduced in BI. Much easier to keep track of which agents/armies/fleets still might need to be moved.

Append "BC" or "AD" if the year option is chosen, instead of turn number, like in RTW. Having it say 200 BC or 1000 AD is much more immersive than just 200 or 1000.

Help modders crack the buildings/settlements format.

Let the player as well as AI factions go into negative florins when dealing with ransoms... I know you could do this in the original M:TW, not sure why it changed.

I know it's quite frustrating when you can't pay out that 200 florins to save some of your troops when you know you'll be getting 20,000 florins by next turn!

Plus, I'm sure half the reason why most of my rasoming of AI family members fails, is because most AI factions spend all their money each turn... just like me!

protection for units especially infantry versus cav and missile units in forest or woods needs to be increased.

do away with complicated mountian maps that cause pathfinding issues.

put more historical battles in
    There Can Only Be WAR!!!!!
    I bid You Stand Men of the west

this is my army

Spoil after battles. Similar to sacking a town, but you don't need to make any decision for it. You just get a certain amount of money as a result of winning a battle. Perhaps it could be calculated like this:

recruitment cost + upkeep cost / ???? x 0.9, 1, or 1.1 (random factor)

???? being a balanced number. This way you can get spoil by fighting rather than just taking cities. I know spoil was a huge thing after battles in the middle ages. Perhaps a couple of traits/retinue to go along with this that are aquired when the general gets more or less spoil depending on the random factor.

Here is an example of it working (not balanced though):

Defeated army's casualty's total of recruitment cost and upkeep: 3429 / 10 x 1.1 = 377 florins spoil. Then the chance of getting a "quartermaster" type ancillary: 0.1 each time the random factor is 1.1

I hope this all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Empirate give us some real rebel challenge: When there is unrest in a settlement, let a stack of rebels pop up. When there is more unrest, let this stack multiply... and let it move and attack the settlement itself, instead of just standing around until the player gets annoyed enough to finish them off: [B
    Proactive rebels[/B]!

accually one time i just took york with prince rufus with my campain with england and i disbanded most of my army to generate cash leaving only a few archers and militia units to defend him....but then a rebel army just sprouted up and seiged the city..but before i could get reinforcements they attacked....tey killed rufus with one charge because for some reason they had armoured swordsmen.... i guess it's to do with what kind of rebels they are because i've accually had several occasions in which they seiged me.
    you are 100% Oklahoman if you have ever heard this conversation:
    "You wanna coke?" "Yeah." "What kind?" "Dr. Pepper

-Background battle music
    Something with a start, a middle, and a end that matches the events taking place, such as two epic armies meeting get a epic background, but if they get whooped a really stirring 'after battle' piece plays.

-Improved AI army composition
    Just have a simple unit balance count for every two infantry units the AI should acquire a calvary unit, a missile unit, and 0.5 of a artillery unit. But should be dependent on what faction it is so the turks will play with HAs, while England will play with longbows.

-AI elect certain provinces to specialize unit production
    It would add a strategic option to the campaign map to actually target certain provinces to acquire a production line if you lack one your self or vice versa for the AI.

-'Complex' tech trees
    It makes it worthwhile to 'invest' in a provinces as you will get different bonus from a each province making it unique.

-Make the info boxes appear like real parchment
    It looked great in MTW when the scroll came up but M2TW does nothing to capture the Medieval look, and the seal of approval from the king looks a lot better than a button ever could.

-Faction Civil Wars
    Loyalty is almost worthless without it, as their is no punishment for not managing it except the once of a rebelling general.

-Titles
    Not necessarily a province title but a title for your supreme military commander or councilor of the empire would be nice.

-Provinces be governed from outside the city or castle
    If no general is present in the city or castle, but is present in the countryside they should get some kind of influence bonus as governors are usually short on hand and have to go out and defend the region but they would still have some influence from outside the walls.

-Fix the overriding trait problem
    So that if you have battledread 3 but get battlechivalry 1 it should drop battledread to battledread 2 and battlechivalry to be canceled out until all of battledread has been removed.

-More pre-battle speeches
    Its great that the starting five factions got a lot of attention but if that could eventually be turned to the over factions that missed out on getting interesting speeches would be great.
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by zstajerski
    The much debated option: Get off my Land!!!
    The option: to declare war!!
    The option: change Faction heir!!

That would be the most urgent stuff for me....
    I second all these. Get off my land being the most important. Changing heir should be a top priority. My a king can't choose his heir is beyond me.

In my experience attacking AI stacks with lots of artillery do not exploit the advantage by holding back and bombarding the player. instead they charge while their artillery fires. This seems rather silly to me.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast