Thread: EB Manual

This place called 'rooms,' there's a whole chain of them.

Default EB Manual

I read I think in the FAQ that the team will eventually be working on a more complete manual/readme. I was just wondering how that is going and if you guys could use some help. I can't do code or do graphics or help with history or anything else really useful for the team, but I think I can help in composing a comprehensive manaul that will help answer folks questions to help cut down on all these repeat threads. I think it would be quite useful to have a complete, organized manual that covers common things like installation and gameplay (especially where it differs considerably from vanilla such governments, MICs, AOR, battles, traits, etc.) for those individuals who don't want to go browsing through the forum. I know it would have helped me when I started. Just want to let the team know that I'd like to dedicate some time to this effort if it is deemed worth while.
    Colder than a gut-shot bitch wolf dog with nine suckin' pups pulling a #4 trap up a hill in the dead of winter in the middle of a snowstorm with a mouth full of porcupine quills.

My videos

Default Re: EB Manual

I understand it's not a priority. Mostly I was just wondering if there is any work being done by the team on this at the moment. I don't mind doing the entire thing myself and then submitting it for editing by the team. Just didn't want to go wasting my time if the team already has someone doing it. Just a quick PM or reply is fine by someone with authority, such as "don't waste your time we won't look at it," or "if you want to work on it, be our guest; do it, then we'll see if it is up to snuff," or "you can release it third party in guides," or "keep your hands off our mod. You are likely incompetent and we don't want you confusing the hell out of people." Thanks. And yes, I intend to use better quality of writing in the manual.
    Colder than a gut-shot bitch wolf dog with nine suckin' pups pulling a #4 trap up a hill in the dead of winter in the middle of a snowstorm with a mouth full of porcupine quills.

My videos

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Nothing is being worked on right now. There have been several attempts to make a guide, but nobody has ever actually finished it. If you want to try and make a guide, go ahead. If it is any good, the team will endorse it.

Thanks, Marcus, that's what I wanted to know. I'm on the job. Hopefully it will bear fruit.

My videos

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Hey there.
    I was I contact with Bootsiuv a little while back about the same thing, he did try to get something going and a few of the submissions to a greater guide can probably be found in the forum if you track back far enough (check gameplay guides and AARs).
    Not sure if anyone has seen Bootsiuv around recently though, I certainly haven't, but I'll say the same thing to you as I did to him.
    I do think the constant flood of reports for the same issues on these forums from new players shows the need for some easily accessed material on at least the basic parts of EB if not the whole thing, and would be happy to help in anyway I can if anyone is interested in pursuing this again.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by overweightninja
    Hey there.
    I was I contact with Bootsiuv a little while back about the same thing, he did try to get something going and a few of the submissions to a greater guide can probably be found in the forum if you track back far enough (check gameplay guides and AARs).
    Not sure if anyone has seen Bootsiuv around recently though, I certainly haven't, but I'll say the same thing to you as I did to him.
    I do think the constant flood of reports for the same issues on these forums from new players shows the need for some easily accessed material on at least the basic parts of EB if not the whole thing, and would be happy to help in anyway I can if anyone is interested in pursuing this again.
    Cheers
    I learned a ton of information from all the guides I've read and from playing. I'm back to looking through all those again and I'll try to credit everything as best I can. Anyways, I just started today and got a few pages trying to cover installation. Maybe I should start a thread in the guides so I can get some collaboration going. I don't have a huge amount of time to work on it, so knowing me it will probably take a while, but I think it will be worth the effort if we can turn out a reasonably comprehensive document.

My videos

There, I started a thread and posted the installation draft I started today. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=98486

My videos