Thread: Unit Size Glitch?

Default Unit Size Glitch?

I've noticed that my heirs are having difficulty maintaining their units. They have some pretty nasty V&V's, such as chinless wonder and irritable (as passed from their king). I stuck both of the heirs on the front line and stuck the two of them into battles with a province that continues to have rebel uprisings. After the first battle, both had 20 units. The second battle, one was at 15 the other was at 10 (to start). After the battle, they were 15 & 10 respectively.

Next battle, one had 5 and the other with 1 to start. What the heck happened? Where did the men go? I have to waste turns on having them make their way back to my knight proving grounds and retrain. Valor drops due to the average of new men, etc. And then I'm starting all over again.

I feel like my heirs are just a bunch of knuckle head 11 fingers and toes inbreds and the men know about it.

Should I just start again to see if the heirs will be somewhat of a better person, than someone that the men will continue to leave?

On a side note:
    I also have a general who got the vice (can't remember it right now) for fighting in the battles too much. So, I held him back. Then, he gets the other vice Timorous, for not fighting enough.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Unit Size Glitch?

VnVs should not affect the number of men in the unit. You might have auto-tidy on, which will automatically merge units together. This will decrease units down to the captain (if he has traits) or completely merge a unit to extinction (if he doesn't). Turn off the auto-tidy, it does bad things.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Thank you Drone. I'll check this out.

By the way, you don't have to send your princes home for a retrain when they run low on knights. Instead, train a unit or two of royal knights and send it to the front with them. When your prince is low on body guards, merge the spare royal knight unit into his. Keep training and sending up spares every so often, so you can keep a supply of spare troopers on hand for your princes.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle