Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starship Exodus (Mini Mafia Game)

Default Starship Exodus (Mini Mafia Game)

“We have been betrayed…” the man-shaped being lying on the bright metallic slab muttered quietly to himself. “A whole fleet of them… we didn’t stand a chance… URGGH!” A scythe-like instrument extending from the medical computer has just descended into his flesh and burnt off his injured tissues within his wounds; the scythe then swiftly rose, and then turned blood red. “I’m dying…” He noted as he read the message encoded in the light emanating from the scythe, as though he is uninterested in his own fate. “But the men… they will need a leader… a leader who can lead them to safety… Reik would be a good choice… yes…” In truth there has been little choice, as there are only seven crewmen left after the devastating Solarian attack, leaving Reik as the only ranking officer still alive.

“Computer, call Officer Reik’Danel into medical capsule” The Captain wheezed into biometric microphone beside the slab.

A few minutes later, the tall Arborian arrived within the small chamber which holds the Captain. He bowed respectfully, and waited for the Captain to speak.

The Captain spoke as quickly as he could, telling Reik what he needed to do: to guide the ship to Utopia, and bring a warning to the rest of their race.

An hour later, Reik walked out of the medical capsule with a sense of purpose, and a heavy responsibility. The Captain has told him to keep it secret, and only tell the rest of the crew that the ship is on auto-pilot, as he has reason to believe that there is a saboteur on board. The Captain has also told him to pick a trusted crewman as his guard, and only tell him that he has become the Captain-Elect, and that he is to follow Reik’s orders, but nothing about the co-ordinates of Utopia. As for dealing with the saboteur… Reik was unsure what to do, and decided that he would ask the crew to decide amongst themselves, and throw the suspect into the brigs.

Reik looked at the battered walls of the starship and relieved the memories of the terrible battle which caused such horrendous damage to the ship, and vowed that he would succeed in the mission given to him by the Captain, no mater what.

Background:

The starship “Hunter of the Zephyer” is ambushed, along with seven other light starships of similar tonnage in a starbase near Xa’vas III, by a Solarian strike fleet. The resulting battle resulted in the deaths of the majority of the crewmen of the “Hunter of the Zephyer”, and its flight through space.

The Captain of the ship decided that the rest of their race has to be warned of this Solarian betrayal, and orders his subordinate Reik to navigate the ship to Utopia, the great refuge built by their forefathers to be a safe harbor for their people should there be a great danger to them.

The Solarian spy onboard the ship has masqueraded as a crewman and seeks to find the location of Utopia by killing the Captain-Elect Reik. However, his presence has been discovered by the crew, and the crew must now vote democratically to decide who amongst them is the Solarian spy… and then lock the suspect in the brig.

Rules:

Lengths of phases: 24 hours (or as close as possible)
    Can vote no lynch/abstain: YES
    Can quote/make up PMs: YES
    Can private reveal: YES
    Can post screenshots: NO
    Can post chat logs: NO
    Can the dead post: YES
    Can the dead quote PMs: NO
    Can the dead reveal their roles: NO
    Can the players locked in the brig PM others: YES
    Can they vote: NO
    Can they talk in the thread: YES

During the night phase players can activate any of their special powers, if they have any. NOTE: they may only use one action per phase (apart from passive ones)

During the night phase two players can team up and kill/protect one player with 100% chance of success unless disrupted, blocked, one of them did not send the PM or one of the participants was killed. They must both send a PM using this format:

“I, along with NAME, will protect/kill NAME”

When a person is lynched, he is not killed, he is only detained in the brig, he can be freed... using someone's special power.

Discussing the games with another person behind the scenes are encouraged... please form alliances and break them at your leisure Beware of the saboteur though...

In the event of a tie during voting, there will be a 24 hour extension to break the tie. If there is still a tie after the extension, there will be no lynches.

Roles:

There are 1 Captain-Elect, 1 Guard, 1 Solarian Saboteur, and 4 other roles.

The Guard will always protect the Captain-Elect unless the Guard performs another action. To kill the Captain-Elect, the Saboteur will have to kill/lynch the guard first. Only the Guard knows the identity of the Captain-Elect and vice versa.

The Captain may not reveal to anyone.

Cover PMs will also be sent to some roles.

Objectives:

The Captain-Elect, Guard and the crewmen’s aims are to lynch/kill the Saboteur.
    The Solarian Saboteur’s aim is to kill the Captain-Elect Reik.
    The Captain-Elect must not be lynched.

The game starts with a night phase.

(This is my first game so this game will be probably very unbalanced and contain lots of mistakes, please bear with me on this)

IN (7/7)
    Warmaster Horus
    Lord Winter
    FactionHeir
    Chaotix27
    Caius
    Quintus.JC
    El Diablo
    Last edited by shlin28; 09-01-2008 at 13:09.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Default Re: Starship Exodus (Mini Mafia Game)

In.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

In.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

I think you want to be giving the spy a townie PM too otherwise the captain just reveals and says "OK, everyone reveal to me in private or you are scum"

In btw.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    I think you want to be giving the spy a townie PM too otherwise the captain just reveals and says "OK, everyone reveal to me in private or you are scum"

In btw.
    Ah but only the Guard knows who the Captain is, so that shouldn't happen... Will add rule so that the Captain can't reveal to anyone though, just in case.

Well, that would make it obvious in that the Captain could only act together with the guard and anyone else contacting the captain to perform actions would find it fishy.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

That will not be a problem

Edit: Making rule changes... man hosting a game is hard!
    Last edited by shlin28; 08-26-2008 at 20:25.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I'll play, this looks fun.

Edit: You said private reveals are allowed, but said nothing about public reveals. Am I correct in assuming these are allowed too?
    Last edited by Chaotix; 08-26-2008 at 22:06.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Inside the ship.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix27 View Post
    I'll play, this looks fun.

Edit: You said private reveals are allowed, but said nothing about public reveals. Am I correct in assuming these are allowed too?
    Of course (This would not bait out the mafia as they have a cover pm )

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

I am in.

In.
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to:

Second last.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Unfortunately Sarathos we already have 7 players... sorry!

SIGN-UPS CLOSED

Gimme a few hours to sort a few things out, and then the game will begin!

ROLE PMs GOING OUT NOW

EDIT: Role PMs sent, NIGHT PHASE 1 will begin at 13.40 GMT (Right now ), and end 13.40 GMT on the 28th of August.
    Last edited by shlin28; 08-28-2008 at 11:16.

Night 1 has ended! (2 hours early )

NIGHT 1 CONCLUSION

The seven survivors of the battle had gone to sleep warily… all of them aware that their life could be snuffed out at an instant by the saboteur.

---

Dawn arrived, and the survivors gathered at the bridge. To their surprise, none of them were missing.

Relieved beyond their belief, the crewmen huddled together to decide who will be sent to the brig…

ALIVE
    Warmaster Horus
    Lord Winter
    FactionHeir
    Chaotix27
    Caius
    Quintus.JC
    El Diablo

DEAD

IN THE BRIG

DAY 1 will end in ~24 hours
    Last edited by shlin28; 08-28-2008 at 11:40.

Hm... No kill yet.
    Has anyone not been on the Org since yesterday? Maybe we've got an inactive mafioso.
    Vote:Caius
    Alphabetical voting FTW!

Tally:
    Caius: 1 (WH)
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

No time to check right now (Thesis due tomorrow afternoon) but can you make a quick check of people's last online time?

I'll do it in about 30 minutes.
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.