Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reign Of Terror Mafia [Concluded]

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Cool Reign Of Terror Mafia [Concluded]

4 years after the events of revolution mafia…..
    The revolution was over but that had not brought peace to the citizens of the .Org. The new leaders of the forum were paranoid that the imperialists would attempt to overthrow them. They instituted the “Committee of Public Safety” to rid the forum of the imperialists…..

Two cloaked figures rode into the small village of Le Gamme Rume. Two inexperienced mafiosi sent by their Don to establish a mafia haven admist the chaos that the new governments reign of terror had created. Before they could do anything else they would first have to eliminate the townies. Luckily for the mafia, there were only ten citizens in the village. They walked into the village pub and waited for nightfall…..

From the other side of the village a large wagon slowly rolled into town and came to a rest at the town square. It was filled with a great quantity of wood and various metal contraptions. Three men stepped off of the wagon called out in booming voices with outrageous French accents “Citizens of Le Gamme Rume!!!!! Drs. Waldinger, Maxitrillion, and Guillotine along with the Committee of Public Safety would like to announce the amazing opportunity that all of you have been given!!! We have been sent by your elected officials to develop a more humane way of disposing with those dastardly imperialists!!!! We have received word from a reliable source that this town is a’crawling and a’festering with them!!! From here on out you will be excercising your new found right of democracy and you will vote for the villagers that you believe are evil imperialists!!!!”

BBBBBOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

Two gunshots ripped through the air and struck Dr. Maxitrillion in the forehead and the jaw. “that’ll shut him up….” Muttered a shadowy figure who then proceeded to dissapear into the near by alleyway as he slid his brace of pistols into his cloak….

A small person in raggedy clothes bumped into the shadowy figure and felt his hand close around a small metallic object in the pocket. He tightened his grip on the object and ran off the other way. The shadowy figure didn’t even notice his loss….

Night was falling fast and no one was prepared for the reign of terror that the town would soon experience.

Rules:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I will only count unvotes if there is a name following it.
    Phases will generally end at about Midnight GMT
    Voting procedure: Each "day" phase, you will be putting up someone to lynch, someone who you think is guilty. The proper procedure for doing this is the following:

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

If you wish to change your vote, do so as described below:

Unvote: Reenk Roink
    Vote: GeneralHankerchief

Any votes not in this form are not guaranteed to show up. Also, I highly dislike the following:

Unvote

...without any name coming after. This annoys me greatly and you should not do this. If this is rampant I'll remind you in the thread and if it continues enough there will be WoGs.

Finally, you may abstain. Any post in a round not accompanied by a vote counts as an abstention. However, you may not vote No Lynch.

The dead can and are encouraged to talk,
    N
    o screenshots. Of anything. Period. I don't care whether it has to do anything with this thread or not.

No quoting Pms(they'll be short and pretty useless anyways)

Inactivity will be dealt with, as is customary, by Wrath of God. There is no time period set in stone; all cases will be judged individually. If you were Wogged then all above rules regarding the dead apply. If you were Wogged and had a role then it may or may not be reassigned, depending on how far along we are.

I, as the host, have the powers of God in this game and am infalliable (however, feel free to correct me on voting tallies).
    Finally, the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!

Roles:
    2 Mafia who can kill a total of 1 person per night between the two of them.
    2 Secret Roles
    8 Townies

Sentry Role:
    Each night I choose one person to be a sentry for that night. The sentry acts as the detective for that night. They PM me with the name of the person they wish to investigate. I will then reveal the result of their investigation when I reveal the mafia kills. The investigation will succeed regardless of whether or not that person dies. If they investigate an innocent than the result will come back innocent. They have a 75% chance of receiving a guilty result if they investigate a mafioso. If they investigate one of the two secret roles then there is a 50% chance of them receiving a guilty result.

Any Questions?

Signups:(9/12)
    Kamikhaan
    Crazed Rabbit
    Shlin28
    Factionheir
    Kommodus
    Brave Sir Robin
    Count Arach
    Warmaster Horus
    Caius
    Last edited by woad&fangs; 12-13-2007 at 03:37.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Reign Of Terror Mafia

Oooh, In! Liked the last one.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In. I feel a duty to ensure the revolution is based on the principles of liberty!

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

IN!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

In.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

IN!

I'm back, for a game at least.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

In.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

In, time to get myself back into the Mafia.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

In. I'm going to stop large mafias, but smalls and minis are fine.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Good! ME in!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Signups will be open for another 22.5 hours.(roughly) At that time I'll start with whomever I got and adjust the role accordingly.

Edit: 1,000 posts, but I'm not as happy as I thought that I would be.
    Last edited by woad&fangs; 12-13-2007 at 03:42.

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

I'll sign up. Long time since my last mafia game. I may have to change my usual tactics if we play with so little members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Alright, It seems that this is all we are going to get. I'll have the roles sent out in less than 24 hours. 1 secret role will be removed.

The Game Has now Begun

It is currently in the night phase. The night phase will end in 24 hours.

Rule Change
    Sorry, I'll try to make this the last one. The mafia will only have 1 kill tonight but after tonight the mafia will have the ability to kill 2 people during every night phase.

And so it begins.

We are gonna have to be really fast on this one after tonight there will be 8 of us left and if we kill a townie during the day that makes 7, with 2 kills at night we suddenly have 5 people left, of whom 2 are Mafia. I assume if we kill 1 during the next day then they only get one kill, so we are down to 3 people, 1 of which are mafia. If we fail to kill them during the second day we are down to 4 people with 2 of them mafia = a Townie loss.

Unless of course I am getting the tied rule wrong - can you clarify the following W&F:
    1. What is the procedure if there is a tied vote?
    2. If a Mafia member dies can the remaining one still kill 2?
    3. Are you worried about the game being unbalanced towards the Mafia?
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

1. The procedure for a tied vote is that the next person of the tied players to recieve a vote will be lynched(sudden death)

2. Now that I think about it, only giving the mafia 1 kill if there is only one left would help balance the game out a bit more. Sooo...

Rule Change
    If one mafiso is killed then the mafia only gets one kill per night.

Also, the mafia is only allowed 1 kill total on night one.

3. I'm worried about balance in this game but I'm having to adjust the rules on the fly with only 10 players instead of 12 and without one of the secret roles.

Alright, I promise that I am done with rule changes. Let's see how this plays out.

Thanks for clarifying those.

Vote CA

For asking hosts questions, I think its a plot to convince us of your guilt

Lynch happy are we shlin? Its night phase.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

FactionHeir staggered out of the tavern, drunk from many fine pints of beer. As he wandered about in a drunken stupor, on a path which took him not towards his home but rather through various back alleys and shady corners, on a route that to any observer would have seemed incomprehensible. Upon staggering off of a main street and into a dark alley he stumbled into a shadowy character. FactionHeir fell back painfully onto his hind end upon colliding with the figure. The cloaked figure turned his gaze upon FactionHeir, who in turn gazed reproachfully at the figure.

"Heeeyyyy, vat vas dat fffoooorrr?" asked FactionHeir in a slurred manner.

"You're in my way." The figure responded as he pulled a saber from his cloak. The cloaked man leveled the saber to point at FactionHeirs heart. "Au revoir, vous bete." And with that he plunged the saber into FactionHeir's chest, straight through his heart…..

Alive:
    Kamikhaan
    Crazed Rabbit
    Caius
    Count Arach
    Warmaster Horus
    Peasant Phill
    Shlin28
    Kommodus
    Brave Sir Robin

Killed:
    Factionheir

It is now the day phase. The phases are 24 hours long unless otherwise announced.

You May Now Begin Voting.

Fos: WH For the French part of the writeup

Vote: kamikhaan
    For being mafia in woads&fangs last game.
    Last edited by Tratorix; 12-16-2007 at 04:46. Reason: Forgot to bold vote

Vote: Caius

Why shouldn't I vote for you?

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

FH, because I would write in worse-than-broken french?

Vote:CA
    Why should you?
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Peasant Phill

For claiming to need to 'alter your strategy'.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Vote:CreativeAssembly

Give a reasonable reason.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Vote: Crazed Rabbit

With no real information yet, I'm voting for you because you're really good at being mafia - you win most games when you're in that role. Consider it a sign of respect.

That said, what's your take on things?
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Ow all ties.

BTW, Kami, I was talking about changing my tactics before the roles were dealt.

vote: Kommodus to get even more names with 1 vote and because voting in the first round is totaly random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    Vote:CreativeAssembly

Give a reasonable reason.
    Shall I point out the obvious defensive vote that has been made here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus
    Vote:CA
    Why should you?
    Unvote: Caius
    Vote: WH

It is the first round of voting and you appear to need a reason to vote for someone. Can you please explain this?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kommodus
    Vote: Crazed Rabbit

With no real information yet, I'm voting for you because you're really good at being mafia - you win most games when you're in that role. Consider it a sign of respect.

That said, what's your take on things?
    Well thanks, I guess.

Anyway, I'd like to ask W&Fs if the bit with the french quote was written by the mafia or by W&Fs.

Vote: Caius for now. His post doesn't make much sense.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast