Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Curse of Fenric II - Small Mafia Game [Concluded]

Post The Curse of Fenric II - Small Mafia Game [Concluded]

This sort of continues from Part I:

A small village to the west of the city of Liverpool in 1823. The Great Consciousness, Fenric, has returned for his vengeance upon the town's people. He once again has possessed one villager for his evil doings which he transforms into a hideous beast at his command. He also has morphed himself into the form of a human being to manipulate the town's inhabitants.

Also at this time, one "werewolf" is known to be terrorizing the town. On nobody's side, this murderous wolf-man wishes to kill both the consciousness's, his beast, and every single one of the villagers in his lust for blood.

Roles (12)
    Villagers (7)
    The Beast (1)
    The Great Consciousness (1)
    The Werewolf (1)
    Assorted Pro-Villager Roles (2)

The villagers, as you may expect, are this game's version of a townie. With no special abilities, all they can do is vote daily to help lynch a suspect. They gain a victory if either the beast or the consciousness and the werewolf is dead.

The Beast doesn't know who he is - he gains a villager PM just like a villager. He only wins, along with the town, if the consciousness and the werewolf is killed.

The Great Consciousness knows who he is, and also knows who the beast is. He gains one kill per night, which he uses his beast to perform, and he loses if either he or the Beast is killed. Players may be able to detect the consciousness if he is overly protective of a certain player (his Beast).

If the beast is killed the consciousness leaves the town. Players will be notified of this event. If the consciousness is killed, then the beast transforms into a normal villager. On this occasion though, although everybody will know of the consciousness' death, the beast's identity will not be revealed.

The Werewolf is a serial killer (who simply is there to prevent a single round game). He can kill once every night. Due to the beast and him having similar characteristics, kills probably will be hard to differentiate.

The assorted pro-villager roles, and their abilities, will be kept secret to the end of the game.

Standard game rules apply - no screenshots and no quoting of role PMs. Rounds will last until either a majority vote is placed on a player, or until 72 hours has concluded (this is to comply with Andres' hosting rules, so cannot be changed).

Note: This game contains new ideas which have undergone testing only once. On that occasion it didn't quite go to plan (the consciousness was killed first round resulting in a very quick game). Due to this, you may find a few problems with the set-up. If you have any suggestions or complaints please inform me.

This game is currently in the sign-up phase - feel free to join by posting within the thread. I will start when I have twelve eager players ready to begin.

Signed Up (12/12):
    Andres
    Brave_Sir_Robin
    Caius
    Charge
    FactionHeir
    ilikethisgame5
    kamikhaan
    Kommodus
    Tiberius of the Drake
    Seamus Fermanagh
    shlin28
    Warluster
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 12-31-2007 at 08:53.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: The Curse of Fenric II - Small Mafia Game

Sign me up
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Sign me up as well.

Why not?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Trying it again.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

innage
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

In.

IN!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Sure, I'll have a go at this...
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I'd like to try -- schedule permitting.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

ha ha your not a Member Caeser The III's Avatar
    in the middle of nowhere O_o(you can call it Rome)

sign me up
    old name was:Ilikethisgame5
    if you die on a elevator,make sure to press up

That makes twelve, though i'm not on the list for some reason...

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave_Sir_Robin
    That makes twelve, though i'm not on the list for some reason...
    You probably did not turn in enough box tops.

"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

ha ha your not a Member Caeser The III's Avatar
    in the middle of nowhere O_o(you can call it Rome)

heh,..........thats weird, you should be on there
    old name was:Ilikethisgame5
    if you die on a elevator,make sure to press up

Post Re: The Curse of Fenric II - Small Mafia Game

Sorry BSR, I somehow forgot you

The sign-ups are now closed and the Role PMs are undergoing distribution.

Post Re: The Curse of Fenric II - Small Mafia Game

Day I Prologue
    With roles now assigned, Day I begins.

With twelve players alive, it take seven votes to be placed on one player to result in a lynch. Likewise it takes seven votes to be placed upon the no lynch option for no lynch to occur.

If no decision has been made by 9:00 GMT on the Wednesday 2nd of January, then the person with a number of votes closest to the majority will be lynched.

Alive (12):
    Andres
    Brave_Sir_Robin
    Caius
    Charge
    FactionHeir
    ilikethisgame5
    kamikhaan
    Kommodus
    Tiberius of the Drake
    Seamus Fermanagh
    shlin28
    Warluster

Killed (0):

Lynched (0):

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Ok then...

Vote: ilikethisgame5

Welcome to Mafia on the .Org, friend! I don't recall seeing you here before, so how about a little introduction! Tell us a bit about yourself, where you're from, and, er... what's your favorite band and musical style?
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Vote:Warluster

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Ok, nothing to think much at moment, so

Vote : BSR
    are you going to lurk again?

Vote Andres

Alphabetical order rules!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

vote: shlin

Alphabetical is outdated.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Caius

For inevitably lurking.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Vote:warluster
    factionheir is right, alphabetical is outdated so lets go reverse alphabetical!
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    Vote:Warluster
    Cough cough.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Vote: Tiberius These alphabetical order votes are going to drive everyone to change their name to something that starts with M or N.

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    Cough cough.
    Which still means you're the only chap not to have provided even a spurious reason for his vote. I mislike this, so...

VOTE: Caius

Note: BSR, your "counter" vote on Tiberius seems a little silly. Since alpha-order is a randomish sortof vote start, I doubt anyone will be prompted to change their usernames. You over-react....Or search for an excuse?.....

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

For now I shall vote for:

Vote: Caius

For voting by the list in alphabetical order, why not wait and make a vote which makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Note: BSR, your "counter" vote on Tiberius seems a little silly. Since alpha-order is a randomish sortof vote start, I doubt anyone will be prompted to change their usernames. You over-react....Or search for an excuse?.....
    I meant that as a joke. It was just a random vote.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast