PDA

View Full Version : Mafia VI: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Return of the Mafia [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GeneralHankerchief
02-08-2007, 23:30
It's here! It's here! The latest installment in GeneralHankerchief's mafia series!!! :horn: :smash: :charge: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2:

Basic summary:

- The location of this game is the Frontroom. The cozy Kingdom/Village of Peace and Love is under attack. Two of its members have joined up with the sinister mafia, and are now threatening to kill everyone in the town! It is the villagers' goal to stop them.

Rules:

- This is mafia at its most vanilla. Two mafiosi, one Detective. The mafia get to kill two people a night no matter how many of them are alive, and the Detective gets to investigate one person a night.

- Depending on the amount of people that sign up, I might up the number of mafiosi to three (but still keep two kills). This will be confirmed once the amount of players is known.

- The realism system I created in Mafia V is in place once again. Basically, the people with roles have more incentive to PM me quickly in the night phase.

- No screenshots. Of anything.

- Inactivity will be dealt with by the Wrath of God. However, I may decide to utilize Sasaki's replacement thread.

- Mafiosi cannot disclose their roles to anyone aside from me or their partner.

- The Detective cannot reveal when dead, and must reveal to everyone at once, in the thread.

I think that this will prevent the kind of mishaps that I, among others, was guilty of in Capo. Basically, I ask that everyone exercise their good judgement. Remember, this game is about having fun above all else. So play nice. :yes:

Post here to sign up. I'll be starting the game in a couple of days.

Good luck everyone! :2thumbsup:

Signed up: (35 so far)
Kagemusha
Sasaki Kojiro
discovery1
Xiahou
Stig
Fenring
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Sir Boo
Ichigo
Pannonian
Crazed Rabbit
HughTower
Redleg
Reenk Roink
JimBob
pevergreen
Ignoramus
CountArach
Rythmic
ByzantineKnight
Warluster
AndresTheCunning
Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot
sapi
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Sir Moody
Seamus Fermanagh
Dutch_guy
Caius Flaminius
Orb
UltraWar
Destroyer of Hope
Zalmoxis
ChuggtheSquirrel
Kommodus

Kagemusha
02-08-2007, 23:32
Ahh the classic is back!Let me just say that im in.:smash:

Don Corleone
02-08-2007, 23:33
In!

Sasaki Kojiro
02-08-2007, 23:35
In!

discovery1
02-08-2007, 23:37
In! #$~

Xiahou
02-08-2007, 23:39
Sure, why not? IN. :2thumbsup:

Stig
02-08-2007, 23:41
in, obviously

Kralizec
02-08-2007, 23:43
In.

Motep
02-08-2007, 23:47
Ah, the classic series...in!

Sir Boo
02-08-2007, 23:48
I find it very amusing how my mafia gets very few interested in hours and hours yet yours gets loads of people in 30 mins anyway i supose i might as well play. In!

Csargo
02-08-2007, 23:50
Of course GH, I will play.

Pannonian
02-08-2007, 23:59
I find it very amusing how my mafia gets very few interested in hours and hours yet yours gets loads of people in 30 mins anyway i supose i might as well play. In!
It's probably because this is the most established of the Mafia games, so people know what they're getting with this. Eg. until Capo, I was wary of joining the more complicated games because I didn't think I could get my head around their rules. Whereas this is, as GH says, the most vanilla of the Mafia games, with a tried and tested formula, good opportunities for the mafia if they play well, but also notoriously difficult for them to reach the finishing line due to the inherent nature of Mafia.

Oh, and add me. It might be an idea to keep a running tally of the participants in the first post, and perhaps a separate thread for all the end of turn events (a la Capo).

Crazed Rabbit
02-09-2007, 00:03
Well, I haven't missed one yet - I'm in!

CR

HughTower
02-09-2007, 00:07
Yes of course. In.

Redleg
02-09-2007, 00:11
I am IN

Reenk Roink
02-09-2007, 00:20

Don't feel too badly Sir Boo, most people (myself included) ignore mini-Mafia type games and stick to the full length games.

Gen-Hankmeister is the original Mafia game guy and has great writing to go with simplicity (Kommodus too).

Then there are Sasaki's games which add something new each time.

The themed games popping up (Sir Moody, Seamus, Sigurd) also are a nice change.

Try hosting a themed game (I was going to but didn't have the time).

Add some new roles or a new system.

Oh, and the Wanax is back!

JimBob
02-09-2007, 00:25
Never been in a GH game. Lets do this.

pevergreen
02-09-2007, 01:02
:bow: in :bow:

Ignoramus
02-09-2007, 01:04
I am certainly in.

Pannonian
02-09-2007, 01:17
I'm wondering if I should PM the Chief of Police about this.

GeneralHankerchief
02-09-2007, 01:35
I'm wondering if I should PM the Chief of Police about this.

Then I would need to find a new one. :juggle2:

On another note, I'm glad there's such an interest. I'll probably do an information summary thread (again) if there are a ton of players.

CountArach
02-09-2007, 02:23
OMG! I am so in!

naut
02-09-2007, 08:50
IN!

Oh yeh In.

ByzantineKnight
02-09-2007, 09:01
In!!

Warluster
02-09-2007, 09:03
In!

Andres
02-09-2007, 09:33
Well, eh, what can I say...?

In!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-09-2007, 11:37
In!

I need another game to up my post count :wink:

sapi
02-09-2007, 11:54
In ;)

Sigurd
02-09-2007, 12:13
Sign me up...

Sir Moody
02-09-2007, 13:26
in!

Seamus Fermanagh
02-09-2007, 14:09
Ah....the familiar comforts of home. Please allow me to tag along.

Dutch_guy
02-09-2007, 15:52
Yeah, I'd like to participate also. Been in every GenH game, and am not going to break that trend any time soon.

Nice game title, by the way.

:balloon2:

Don Corleone
02-09-2007, 16:12
Hmm, on second thought, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a powder on this one. Sorry GH, I'd love to join in, but the next 2 weeks are going to be a mess for me. Looks like fun though.

Caius
02-09-2007, 21:53
Im in please!

Gah!Im addicted to mafia games

Orb
02-09-2007, 21:57
In! I'm an addict. An addict!

UltraWar
02-09-2007, 22:51
I'll join thus meaning that I have competed in all 6 Mafia games (original series) :beam:

Lord Winter
02-10-2007, 01:06
In.

Csargo
02-10-2007, 05:50
32 is a lot of people. When do we start GH?

Seamus Fermanagh
02-10-2007, 14:36
Probably after the siege of Bern wraps up. :laugh4:

GH is in a major PBM game, hosting a mafia game, being attacked by Sasaki in another mafia game, and trying to have a life. Rabbit probably murdered him in Capo only to help his schedule!

GeneralHankerchief
02-10-2007, 16:59
I will probably wait one more day.

Unless we get a major crush of players then the normal setup (2 mafiosi) will remain.

Zalmoxis
02-10-2007, 17:53
I haven't missed one of these yet, so I'll join.

ChuggtheSquirrel
02-11-2007, 14:10
Can I join?

GeneralHankerchief
02-11-2007, 18:15
Can I join?

Yes indeed. :yes:

A couple more hours to go.

(Kommodus?)

HughTower
02-11-2007, 19:01
Please can someone explain to me the finer points of this 'realism' system I see references to.

:huh2:

GeneralHankerchief
02-11-2007, 19:14
Please can someone explain to me the finer points of this 'realism' system I see references to.

:huh2:

Well, in previous games there had been debate about whether the host sends the Detective his investigation results as soon as he receives them or the same time as the kills were posted. This was especially controversial when the Detective had revealed himself and was expecting to be killed by the mafia in the following round.

In Mafia V, I based it off a real life situation. If the Detective proceeds with his investigation (i.e. PMs me) before the mafia kill someone, then the Detective gets his results before the kills are put up, allowing him time to make his findings public before he is unable to reveal anything else.

HughTower
02-11-2007, 19:29
Ah! The fog of ignorance has departed the land of knowledge, borne by the gentle breeze of your wisdom.

Thanks.

Kommodus
02-11-2007, 22:48
(Kommodus?)

Must... resist...

Can't... sPoIL anOtHEr... GH... gaME...

In!!!!11111!!11**%^$%&#@

Curses! Foiled again! Ok, GH... you win... this round...

Maybe this'll finally motivate me to make some long-planned upgrades to Homes (TM).

I just hope I don't end up mafia. :no:

GeneralHankerchief
02-11-2007, 23:07
:laugh4:

Signups closed. I'm now going to randomly determine our mafia (2) and our Detective. Stand by.

discovery1
02-11-2007, 23:14
I just hope I don't end up mafia. :no:

GH, 20 bucks if you make Kommodus here a mafia :evilgrin:

I guess getting lynched in Sigurds game was a good thing.

Is Reenk playing?
If so, vote for him because:
1)He has a habit of taking up a self granted role that only confuses the town
2)HE GOES TO MICHIGAN!

GeneralHankerchief
02-11-2007, 23:24
Roles have been PM'd. If you did not receive a PM then you are just a townie, sorry.

Here is the first status list. Mafia, Detective, please send in the required PMs now. :yes:

Still alive: (35)
Kagemusha
Sasaki Kojiro
discovery1
Xiahou
Stig
Fenring
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Sir Boo
Ichigo
Pannonian
Crazed Rabbit
HughTower
Redleg
Reenk Roink
JimBob
pevergreen
Ignoramus
CountArach
Rythmic
ByzantineKnight
Warluster
AndresTheCunning
sapi
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Sir Moody
Seamus Fermanagh
Dutch_guy
Caius Flaminius
Orb
UltraWar
Destroyer of Hope
Zalmoxis
ChuggtheSquirrel
Kommodus

The game has begun!!! :rifle:

discovery1
02-11-2007, 23:29
Excellent Reenk is here.

VOTE:ICE

FOR THE CHIEF!

Redleg
02-12-2007, 00:00
Excellent Reenk is here.

VOTE:ICE

FOR THE CHIEF!

Why Ice?

GeneralHankerchief
02-12-2007, 00:02
Ice played in the first few mafia games that I hosted. Mostly it's college rivalry. Illinois (Disco's school) hates Michigan (Ice's school).

And by the way, voting is *not* open yet. :laugh4:

Pannonian
02-12-2007, 00:06
Why Ice?
Disco goes to a rival college to Ice, hence they vote for each other in each game they both play in. The town got tired of this charade in Mafia IV, reasoning "derby" votes like these (aka Disco votes) could be a good way of disguising scum activity. So they lynched Disco in the 2nd round, aiming to lynch Ice in the 3rd. As it happened, Disco was indeed a mafioso using this as cover for his scumminess, and Kommodus had found the 2nd mafioso using his ultra-powerful Mafia-hunting program, and the game ended in the 3rd round with a Town victory.

discovery1
02-12-2007, 04:15
Ah, bugger. I meant to say Reenk, since Ice doesn't go to Michigan anymore.

Andres
02-12-2007, 14:15
My first "vanilla" mafia ever :jumping:

Do we play in 24-hour phases? Does the day begin at 23.30 (GMT +1)?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-12-2007, 21:15
Is no lynch an option?

Anyhow, for now I:
Vote: Abstain

GeneralHankerchief
02-12-2007, 21:18
Days and nights pretty much keep to the 24-hour phase, but I usually extend it as we approach the endgame.

Omanes: Thank you. No Lynch is not an option (we haven't started voting yet).

Kills will be up in a couple of hours.

Reenk Roink
02-12-2007, 23:48
discovery1, you know Ice goes to Penn State now...?

I'm also Mafia and you should lynch me.

GeneralHankerchief
02-12-2007, 23:59

Oh yeah, nobody can claim mafia, even in joking.

The next person to do this will hereby be Wrath of Godded. :evil: And I am serious.

HughTower
02-13-2007, 00:34

You also wanted people to lynch you in CdiT, acting as you did, the idiot savant:inquisitive:

Dutch_guy
02-13-2007, 00:40

I may have missed the point here, but how does such a statement help the town ?

Remember, you're not the God of confusion and Chaos in this game :beam:

GeneralHankerchief
02-13-2007, 01:09
Day breaks in the Frontroom. All is quiet. But not for long. You see, life was abound in the Frontroom and they all came out to celebrate the dawn of another beautiful, glorious new day in their little utopia. The birds started chriping and trilling their sweet songs. The colorful flowers unfolded, drinking in the golden sun that was beginning to rise overhead. The brooks started burbling, carrying along gallons of sweet, clear water to no destination in particular.

UltraWar witnessed none of that. He was sleeping in late again, after another night of hard drinking and partying. He finally woke up, complete with a dizzying headache and the sensation that he was strapped in bed.

Oh wait, that was real. Someone had tied ropes all around him. This was odd. Someone else was in the room, smiling. Very odd. What exactly had he done the previous night?

The person noticed Ultra up, made his way over to the bedside, and whispered in his ear.

"Do you like meat, my friend?"

Ultra, not quite sure what was going on, was still clear enough to realize that this was a strange question.

"W-why are you asking that?"

"You will see, don't worry." The mafioso chuckled evilly.

UltraWar could only look on and scream (to no avail) as he was loaded onto a truck and driven several miles from his cozy home. He still wondered what the meat reference was for. Maybe (he hoped) he had won a prize and the people in charge were just testing him. Yeah, that was it!

It wasn't. He was unloaded and untied, but knocked into a deep hole into the ground. There was no chance that he could climb out to safety. The mafioso stood by, taking in the sights. He seemed to be staring at something in the distance.

"You know Ultra, there are some pretty heavy bulls a few hundred meters ahead. Bulls like the color red, did you know that? Of course you didn't. You're not Spanish, after all. Well, no matter. I'm going to hang some red blankets around this hole."

Ultra could only stare up at the mafioso, totally puzzled.

"You'll figure it out in a minute."

A few hundred meters away, said bulls saw said blankets and started charging. They were large animals for sure, but they were fast too, especially when something ticked them off. And nothing ticks bulls off like the color red does.

Unfortunately, bulls are stupid too and they didn't see the large hole. They tumbled into the hole, crushing Ultra to death. All of his bones were broken, his skull got splattered, his brains were everywhere. In short, a very gruesome, if not visually interesting, death.

The mafioso, satisfied, shouted out "Olé" as he drove off in his truck.

Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot had also gotten up late, but this was normal for him. He kept to a relaxed schedule. He had no time to party or drink heavily, but he also got to go into a steady job at a relatively decent hour.

Unfortunately for him, this meant that everybody else was up too. Including potential people that didn't like Omanes. Or maybe people who just decided that he wasn't worth living. Or maybe hired killers, out to finish a job for their Capo.

In any case, Omanes soon realized his fatal mistake when he got into his car. A voice greeted him from the back seat.

"Hello."

Before Omanes could turn around a gunshot fired, its projectile striking the him in the back of the head. Omanes slumped in his chair. He would be late for work today. That and every other day.

Later that day, Frontroom Chief of Police Beirut gathered the living villagers in the town square, in order to make an announcement. Once everyone was present and quieted, he commenced.

"Gentlemen," he began, "I am sure that you have all heard the news of poor Ultra and Omanes. The Frontroom Police Department has done some initial investigations, and it is believed that these killings were the result of the mafia. Two of their number have infiltrated the town, and it will be your job to sniff them out.

"From now on until this crisis ends, we are going to work the justice system a different way. You will each have a set amount of time to vote for who you think killed Ultra and Omanes. Whoever gets the most votes will be executed by mummification. Yes, I know how to properly mummify someone while they are still living. Vote wisely."

Villagers, now is your time. Please vote for who you think killed Omanes and UltraWar. In about 24 hours, the person with the most votes will be executed.

~~~~~~~~

Still alive: (33)
Kagemusha
Sasaki Kojiro
discovery1
Xiahou
Stig
Fenring
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Sir Boo
Ichigo
Pannonian
Crazed Rabbit
HughTower
Redleg
Reenk Roink
JimBob
pevergreen
Ignoramus
CountArach
Rythmic
ByzantineKnight
Warluster
AndresTheCunning
sapi
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Sir Moody
Seamus Fermanagh
Dutch_guy
Caius Flaminius
Orb
Destroyer of Hope
Zalmoxis
ChuggtheSquirrel
Kommodus

Killed:
UltraWar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I believe that this is the third time that Ultra has been killed first in my 6 mafia games... someone get this man a round of beer.

Csargo
02-13-2007, 01:15
Vote:Sasaki

Caius
02-13-2007, 01:27
Vote:Abstain

Cmon, you surely have something more to say, Ichigo.

Zalmoxis
02-13-2007, 01:49
Seems voting Sasaki the first turn is law now.

Csargo
02-13-2007, 01:55
Seems voting Sasaki the first turn is law now.

Tis my law.

Reenk Roink
02-13-2007, 02:16
I may have missed the point here, but how does such a statement help the town ?

Remember, you're not the God of confusion and Chaos in this game :beam:

It isn't that. I just feel bad that disco will be called out for voting for a person for some trivial reason and be lynched very early, as is what usually happens. It was a sympathy statement. :wink:

ChuggtheSquirrel
02-13-2007, 02:24

I don't think there's anything to go on besides Sasaki. :laugh4:

Lord Winter
02-13-2007, 03:10
Ultrawar is usually a lurker and Omanes is fairly new. Other then that there's not much to go off of right now. So for now

Xiahou
02-13-2007, 03:12
vote: Destroyer of Hope
Where were you at the time of the murders? :stare:

discovery1
02-13-2007, 03:15
Vote:Reenk because he goes to Michigan.

GeneralHankerchief
02-13-2007, 04:04
Votes must be bolded please. :laugh4:

Redleg
02-13-2007, 04:13
Vote:Sasaki

Its been several hours, Three hours to be exact, since the posting of the deaths and you haven't posted yet

discovery1
02-13-2007, 04:16
Votes must be bolded please. :laugh4:
Right....

Meh, X makes a good arguement for Des. hmmm
nah

Vote:Reenk

CountArach
02-13-2007, 04:25
Vote: Abstain... I think it should be fairly obious why.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 04:38
Vote:orb

Pannonian
02-13-2007, 04:52
Xiahou's reasoning sounds suspicious, but after Capo and Mafia V, I'm going to press Proletariat and Reenk Roink to leave a larger footprint on the game.

Vote: Proletariat

pevergreen
02-13-2007, 04:58
In my experience here, Sasaki has never been helpful to the town.

Good idea to get rid of him early? Maybe

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 04:59
Unvote,Vote:pevergreen

bandwagoning

pevergreen
02-13-2007, 05:06
I have my reasons..those posted above plus a no explanation vote on orb?

Crazed Rabbit
02-13-2007, 05:33
Vote: Redleg

For starting to bandwagon a joke vote for a poor reason.

Crazed Rabbit

Seamus Fermanagh
02-13-2007, 05:36
Ultrawar has been in 5 of the 8 mafia games I've played/hosted.

He was murdered in 3 of those -- twice in the first round, wogged in one and lynched -- first round -- in the other. This may be the hardest luck record of which I am aware.

The two first round murders above were by Ichigo (then Csar) and Reenk.

Is someone trying to be funny -- I think so....

Vote: Reenk Roink

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 05:41
Unvote,Vote:Seamus

For vote based on kill choice, and a weak one at that.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-13-2007, 05:45
Unvote,Vote:Seamus

For vote based on kill choice, and a weak one at that.

Well, the vote is really about Reenk's sense of humor and love of the "high wire." What you term "weak" reasons for round one votes are hardly anything novel.

ByzantineKnight
02-13-2007, 05:50

What do you mean, he gets discussion going,
Vote: Pevergreen

Why do you want him dead?

Redleg
02-13-2007, 05:56
Vote: Redleg

For starting to bandwagon a joke vote for a poor reason.

Crazed Rabbit

Who's joking? There is no evidence that I was joking, in fact I was dead serious. I must ask did you see an emoticon?

pevergreen
02-13-2007, 06:01
Sasaki is always Mafia :laugh4: Or bad town.

Csargo
02-13-2007, 06:57
Unvote:Sasaki
Vote:ChuggtheSquirrel

Sasaki is no laughing matter. He's deadly.

Xiahou
02-13-2007, 06:59
Xiahou's reasoning sounds suspicious, but after Capo and Mafia V, I'm going to press Proletariat and Reenk Roink to leave a larger footprint on the game.

unvote; Vote:Pannonian

For voting for someone who isn't even playing.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 07:03
Well, the vote is really about Reenk's sense of humor and love of the "high wire." What you term "weak" reasons for round one votes are hardly anything novel.

And why does Ultrawar implicate Reenk again?

Csargo
02-13-2007, 07:10
On second thought Pever is a better candidate.

Unvote:Squirrel Guy
Vote:Pevergreen

pevergreen
02-13-2007, 07:23

Everyone votes me. waits for massive bandwagon to lynch him out of the game

On a serious note, why am I a better candidate?

And you voted me in Sigurd's without a reason as well.

Csargo
02-13-2007, 08:03

I voted for you for the same reason BK did. Sasaki start's discussion's killing him in the first round would be very very stupid.

Csargo
02-13-2007, 08:03

double post

Stig
02-13-2007, 08:04
If someone is suspicious it's Pevergreen
Vote: Pevergreen

pity it's a bandwagon, but I would have done the same would I be the first to vote for him

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 08:11
Unvote,Vote:Stig

for bandwagon

Stig
02-13-2007, 08:15
Told ya, I can't even vote for the most suspicious person anymore because it's a bandwagon, ohhhhhhhhhhh (Check Midagard Saga, and see Sasaki bandwagoning)

happy now :whip:

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 08:18
eh, that's a reasonable reaction.

unvote, Vote:Orb

sapi
02-13-2007, 08:52
Vote: Sasaki

For a reaction ;)

naut
02-13-2007, 09:06
unvote; Vote:Pannonian

For voting for someone who isn't even playing.

Xiahou if Pannonian was Mafia wouldn't he have checked the list before when choosing who to kill? So that would make me assume he is not Mafia as he did not even know who was/was not playing.

I'm not going to vote you, but you remain suspicious in my books.

Andres
02-13-2007, 09:39

Hmmm... Proletariat isn't even playing :inquisitive:

Seems like a poor attempt to prove your innocence.

Pannonian under hard pressure from the town: "But I can't be mafia. At the beginning of the game I didn't even know who was playing. If I were mafia, I would have checked the list of participants to make my choice for the first kill, wouldn't I? So I must be innocent."

Vote : Pannonian

naut
02-13-2007, 10:16
That is also true AndresTheCunning, but you seem to be protecting Xiahou. I'm not instigating anything, I'd just like to know why.

Sigurd
02-13-2007, 10:16
I guess the game has started...

If I remember correctly in GH's games the kills might be written by the mafiosi or GH has tailored them based on a few instructions from the mafiosi.

The first kill caught my eye. An obvious frame of someone like CF (spanish reference). But I am thinking a young player since everyone old enough knows that Bulls are colourblind. It is not the red colour that catch the attention of the bull but the movements of the cape.
Or this could be a frame of the young players.

There is not much to go on here but the town's interest is not served by having a no-lynch this round.

Vote: pevergreen

A shameful bandwagon I know... but you are one of the young players.

naut
02-13-2007, 10:17
PS: What you say is true though AndresTheCunning and Pannonian is also on my list of potential suspects.

Andres
02-13-2007, 10:37
but you seem to be protecting Xiahou.

Oh, but I am not protecting Xiahou. I am well aware that his vote for Destroyer of Hope had a strong smell of "meatballing", but the "clumsy" vote of Pannonian caught my eye. Pannonian is usually pretty clear and sharp in his arguments. This "silly mistake" just looks a bit too convenient to me.

That's why I go for Pannonian for now.

HughTower
02-13-2007, 10:59

The first kill caught my eye. An obvious frame of someone like CF (spanish reference). But I am thinking a young player since everyone old enough knows that Bulls are colourblind. It is not the red colour that catch the attention of the bull but the movements of the cape.

Truly awful, patronising logic, Sigurd. I don't know where to begin.

You are only excused if, by some strange quirk, you can demonstrate to me that this fact is taught as part of your national curriculum at a set point in your country, & therefore, you have assumed that it is the same in every other.

Poor argument, & a bandwagon to boot - stand up & be counted [B]Suspect No 1.

Vote: Sigurd Fafnesbane

Sigurd
02-13-2007, 11:08
Truly awful, patronising logic, Sigurd. I don't know where to begin.

You are only excused if, by some strange quirk, you can demonstrate to me that this fact is taught as part of your national curriculum at a set point in your country, & therefore, you have assumed that it is the same in every other.

Poor argument, & a bandwagon to boot - stand up & be counted [B]Suspect No 1.

AHA!!!

So I hit home with my patronising... I guess you don't like being called stupid in public mafioso.
I guess the old ruse tactic still works.

unvote: pevergreen, vote: HughTower

Pannonian
02-13-2007, 11:14
Hmmm... Proletariat isn't even playing :inquisitive:

Seems like a poor attempt to prove your innocence.

A repeat of the Andres fiasco - I really should check the lsts before voting. Reenk it is then, for the same reason as before, and I'm sure he's playing.

Unvote
Vote: Reenk Roink

HughTower
02-13-2007, 11:32
AHA!!!

The case against you snowballs:

Poor logic
Bandwagon
Retaliation vote

pevergreen
02-13-2007, 11:55
Bah with your patronising and such.

I have to say, I didnt know they were colourblind, but I knew it wasnt because the flag was red.

Discussion has started :bow: Unvote

Orb
02-13-2007, 12:27
Vote: Sigurd

If I remember correctly GH writes up the kills based on what the mafioso sends to him.
It seems like a poor attempt to start a bandwagon.

Pannonian
02-13-2007, 12:39
Oh, but I am not protecting Xiahou. I am well aware that his vote for Destroyer of Hope had a strong smell of "meatballing", but the "clumsy" vote of Pannonian caught my eye. Pannonian is usually pretty clear and sharp in his arguments. This "silly mistake" just looks a bit too convenient to me.

That's why I go for Pannonian for now.
Thanks for the compliment, but note I was the first to vote for AndrestheCunning in Capo, starting a bandwagon that only stopped when HughTower pointed out you weren't even playing. My arguments may sound pretty clear and sharp, but I really should check some of the details before voting.

Sir Moody
02-13-2007, 12:41
all i can say is this entire round has me utterly confused ... can no-one keep their vote for more than 3 posts? can someone put up a tally so i can see where the winds are going because im utterly lost as it is

Vote Abstain

until i can see which way the wind is blowing

Pannonian
02-13-2007, 12:59
Tally as of post #114

sasaki (2) - , redleg, sapi
reenk (3) - , discovery1, seamus, pannonian
orb (1) - , sasaki
pevergreen (2) - , byzantineknight, ichigo
redleg (1) - , crazed rabbit
pannonian (2) - , xiahou, andresthecunning
sigurd (2) - , hughtower, orb
hughtower (1) - , sigurd
abstain (7) - , caius flaminius, chuggthesquirrel, destroyer of hope, countarach, stig, rythmic, sir moody
not voting (12) - , kagemusha, fenring, motep, sir boo, reenk, jimbob, pevergreen, ignoramus, warluster, dutch guy, zalmoxis, kommodus

Total (33)

Sigurd
02-13-2007, 13:16
The case against you snowballs:

Poor logic
Bandwagon
Retaliation vote

I guess you are the grumpy old man here today.

In what way is my logic poor? The assuption that only youngsters believe bulls sees red?
Maybe I overestimate the British school system that still teaches the dogma that Bulls actually can see the colour red.
I guess I should include all the UK players to my suspicious pool.

What is wrong with Bandwagoning? This is the only way to reduce the number of players and lynch a possible mafioso. If all voted differently there would be no lynch and absolutely no chance to catch a mafioso.
Bandwagon is a necessity.
My retaliation vote was because you got angry with my assumption which was a ruse BTW. Taunt the Mafia and they will answer.
You answered and seemed a little offended. Did I offend you? Did I patronise your well thought kill description?

My vote stands.

Dutch_guy
02-13-2007, 13:44
What is wrong with Bandwagoning? This is the only way to reduce the number of players and lynch a possible mafioso. If all voted differently there would be no lynch and absolutely no chance to catch a mafioso.

You're right, it is the only way to actually get someone lynched. However, the bitter taste in the mouth comes because people simply tend to follow one 'influential' player, trusting him fully and therefor not taking the evidence (if there even is any) into account. So yes, numerous votes are needed to lynch, but those votes don't have to necessarily come out of a bandwagon.

Sir Moody
02-13-2007, 13:47
thanks pann

okay so we seem to be killing reenk here which is a bad move he is a good asset to the town not only because he tends to be a focus for discussion but hes also good as a mafia hunter

so to bring this to a draw i
unvote
vote Pevergreen

this is purely to create a draw

HughTower
02-13-2007, 14:35
I guess you are the grumpy old man here today.

In what way is my logic poor? The assuption that only youngsters believe bulls sees red? .

Yes, that is the poor logic to which I was referring. It is also patronising. It is a common misconception that, in no way, is related to age.

Now you have since stated that this patronising tone was deliberate:

My point of argument is that you are using your 'poor logic' as an a thinly veiled excuse to bandwagon. Bandwagonning is bad, because the easiest place for Mafia is hide is in the herd.

So, in summary, I argue that it was a deliberate ruse you contrived so as to hop on the nearest bandwagon so the town would lynch one of their own.

My retaliation vote was because you got angry with my assumption which was a ruse BTW. Taunt the Mafia and they will answer.
You answered and seemed a little offended. Did I offend you? Did I patronise your well thought kill description?

My vote stands.

You didn't offend me. I am not Mafia, nor am I young, nor did I write the kill.

Your assumption/argument was 'truly awful', in terms of its logic & patronising nature. Again, because a retaliation vote is seen as unhelpful & scummy, you have contrived my percieved anger as being of an indignant mafioso (& frustrated author).

Now these are my arguments, I won't reiterate them (at length). If anyone else would like to add their own conclusions (fresh eyes etc), that would be much appreciated.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 15:24
I like Sigurd's attempt, it's the type of thing that will start some actual discussion. The colorblind thing is also taught, though I was taught at age 9 or so so I don't see the argument there.

Caius
02-13-2007, 15:42
Unvote,Vote:pevergreen

Let me explain why

:inquisitive:

Bolded vote

EDIT:

An obvious frame of someone like CF (spanish reference).
Im from Argentina, not Spain.
We dont have that bull tradition here.

Dutch_guy
02-13-2007, 15:57
I like Sigurd's attempt, it's the type of thing that will start some actual discussion. The colorblind thing is also taught, though I was taught at age 9 or so so I don't see the argument there.

That said, I still don't understand why people tend to look to the kill descriptions with the actual intent of finding the mafia responsible for them. Has it even worked, ever ?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 16:10
That said, I still don't understand why people tend to look to the kill descriptions with the actual intent of finding the mafia responsible for them. Has it even worked, ever ?

Helped me identify Reenk. I don't think it's bad as a discussion starter. Used to be someone would mention something from the kills and everyone would jump on the wagon. Nowadays it just starts people talking.

Stig
02-13-2007, 16:17
Others are allowed to vote Pevergreen but I'm not, Sasaki?
Strange, very strange

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 16:50
You didn't put much of your own opinion into your vote.

Reenk Roink
02-13-2007, 16:58
Hmm... It seems I could get a good List going... :wink:

Let's see:

:stupido:

discovery1 just elicits pity. I can't possibly put him on my list. Infact, I really wish he could have a better reason for voting for me...

Pannonian I can't possibly List. In Mafia V, he switched his vote in the first round saving me because I fulfilled his simple request. After narrowly escaping a first round lynch, I killed him. That was despicable, but that's what being Mafia does to you... :shame:

Seamus Fermanagh... Now here is a guy who I was partners with. I tried my very best to help him out. In Rise of the Mob, I didn't even write up a silly kill description out of respect. How has he paid me back? He killed me in a Holmgang and is voting for me because I killed UltraWar in Mafia V (he was first on the list of players).

Now, if dead people wouldn't be allowed to speak then I would completely vote for Sasaki Kojiro, but for now, a pure retaliation vote for Seamus Fermanagh.

Vote: Seamus Fermanagh

*Don't even try to call me out for my retaliation vote. It is a most ethical way of playing, and I will defend with with upmost vigor...

Stig
02-13-2007, 17:29
You didn't put much of your own opinion into your vote.
Did Caius? Did Sir Moody?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-13-2007, 17:33
Did Caius? Did Sir Moody?

Yes. All you said was "if someone is suspicious it's pevergreen".

Stig
02-13-2007, 17:50
Yes. All you said was "if someone is suspicious it's pevergreen".
Voting to create a draw is even worse

UltraWar
02-13-2007, 18:04
I really need to get myself some alcohol to drown my sorrows. I reckon I have the worst record in .org Mafia history. This could spawn a new phrase: "UltraWar" - Being killed in the first round repeatedly over various games. :annoyed:

Kagemusha
02-13-2007, 19:33
Vote HughTower. Strange and agressive reaction to Sigurds provocative post.:inquisitive:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
02-13-2007, 19:45
I'm dead and it's only first round, those who killed me shall die for this.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-13-2007, 20:08
Seamus Fermanagh... Now here is a guy who I was partners with. I tried my very best to help him out. In Rise of the Mob, I didn't even write up a silly kill description out of respect. How has he paid me back? He killed me in a Holmgang and is voting for me because I killed UltraWar in Mafia V (he was first on the list of players).

Truly? My daughter picked my 1st target with random numbers that game.

Really, my vote for you here is meant as a compliment. I love your veering humor and wouldn't put it past you to select Ultra as a theme -- death in round one being his motif -- knowing your love of themes and the "high wire" approach to mafia.

Now, if dead people wouldn't be allowed to speak then I would completely vote for Sasaki Kojiro, but for now, a pure retaliation vote for Seamus Fermanagh.

Why silence Sasaki unless you view him as a threat? :inquisitive:

Vote: Seamus Fermanagh

*Don't even try to call me out for my retaliation vote. It is a most ethical way of playing, and I will defend with with upmost vigor...

Of course retaliation voting is a valid tactic! I never said it wsn't -- where is that coming from? I tend not to do so, since I try to base my voting on some form of analysis (though round one tends to be weak for that), but I've never thought ill of this tactic.

HughTower
02-13-2007, 21:10
Vote HughTower. Strange and agressive reaction to Sigurds provocative post.:inquisitive:

Really? Why? What about his argument do you favour over mine? Can you present any insights? Or, are we relying on your gut instincts to guide us? That's fine, btw, but we might as well know about it now.

Reenk Roink
02-13-2007, 21:38
Why silence Sasaki unless you view him as a threat? :inquisitive:

Annoyance.
Hurts villagers.

People may give him props for pushing for my lynching in Mafia V, but also remember that it was Kommodus' recommendation over anything, and by the end, I could have survived that round but made the decision to die. Also remember that in that very game, he got detective Banquo's Ghost lynched, and fully believed me that I was detective...

*No offense Sasaki, but you are a divisive figure in these games.

Of course retaliation voting is a valid tactic! I never said it wsn't -- where is that coming from? I tend not to do so, since I try to base my voting on some form of analysis (though round one tends to be weak for that), but I've never thought ill of this tactic.

Not meant towards you buddy, but you know how people have voted against me because I abstained, courteously, because I wrote in smilies, and because I retaliated voted. Those reasons aren't much different than voting for me because I go to Michigan.

Also...

Unvote: Seamus Fermanagh

Seamus can't be guilty this game. I knew his behavior as a townie and as a Mafia. I vote Sasaki for the abovementioned reasons as well as the fact that I never got to punishing him for being Perma-Listed...

Xiahou
02-13-2007, 23:07
unvote; vote: HughTower

For his seemingly irrational response to Sigurd. It's not much to go on, but it's more than I've seen from anyone else thus far.

Kagemusha
02-13-2007, 23:26
Really? Why? What about his argument do you favour over mine? Can you present any insights? Or, are we relying on your gut instincts to guide us? That's fine, btw, but we might as well know about it now.

Now its hear again. I didnt say anything about whether his argument was better or worse,but what is making me suspicious is your strong reaction on Sigurds post. And now mine.Why was Sigurds post so upsetting when it wasnt even aimed at you?

Seamus Fermanagh
02-13-2007, 23:28
Reenk's tone is just a touch more staid than when he's been mafia before. It may be that he is getting better...or that he is townie this time.

Unvote

Vote: HughTower

Your tone is off from what I remember in Capo -- you are not some kind of lurker or anything, but your contrib's here seem a touch frenetic so far -- like you're trying to contain something but can't quite....

Csargo
02-14-2007, 00:02
Unvote:whoever
Vote:HughTower

Sasaki Kojiro
02-14-2007, 00:17
Reenk's tone is just a touch more staid than when he's been mafia before. It may be that he is getting better...or that he is townie this time.

Unvote

Your tone is off from what I remember in Capo -- you are not some kind of lurker or anything, but your contrib's here seem a touch frenetic so far -- like you're trying to contain something but can't quite....

He was mafia in Capo :yes:

Kommodus
02-14-2007, 00:21
*checks in from the Ft. Lauderdale airport*

Phew, business trips can be a killer (pun intended). Anyway, the plane is about to board so I don't have much time for this.

Pevegreen and Reenk Roink are suspicious because of the way they've attacked Sasaki in spite of the proven results his methods produce. Pevergreen hasn't known Sasaki as long, so I guess this isn't quite as relevant for him.

Hughtower and Sigurd Fafnesbane are a little suspicious because of the way they've gone after each other, but... I dunno, something doesn't feel right about it. I'm not ready to vote for either.

Stig is suspicious for attacking the practice of voting to produce a tie. It's usually done to allow for more discussion - how can that possibly harm the town?

But after all that, I'm going to...

Vote: AndresTheCunning

Call it a hunch. I've been in a lot of games, and his first-round behavior just feels a little mafioso-ish to me. Meh. I'm probably wrong. :dizzy2: In a few rounds I'll be able to switch back to the analytical approach...

Pannonian
02-14-2007, 00:22
Tally as of post #142

sasaki (4) - , redleg, sapi, stig, reenk
reenk (2) - , discovery1, pannonian
orb (1) - , sasaki
pevergreen (3) - , byzantineknight, sir moody, caius flaminius
redleg (1) - , crazed rabbit
pannonian (1) - , andresthecunning
sigurd (2) - , hughtower, orb
hughtower (5) - , sigurd, kagemusha, xiahou, seamus, ichigo
andresthecunning (1) - , kommodus
abstain (4) - , chuggthesquirrel, destroyer of hope, countarach, rythmic
not voting (9) - , fenring, motep, sir boo, jimbob, pevergreen, ignoramus, warluster, dutch guy, zalmoxis
Total (33)

HughTower
02-14-2007, 00:22

4 in a row have mentioned my tone (and voted for me). So I will attempt to defend myself on that score.

When I said SF's assumption was 'truly awful', it was NOT an expression of anger. His logic was awful, & it was patronising [to young people] as well. I took it at face value & challenged him, & he claimed a ruse. He also admitted bandwagoning in the same post.

Re: historical tone, Seamus, in CdiT, I was a) a virgin, b) mafia, & c) not above the odd heated exchange with both Pannionian & Redleg as I recall.

Maybe I need to tone down my rough edges to get my point across better.....

My death is of no consequence to this town (other than a vote), and I can run lurker campaigns from the grave.

Stig
02-14-2007, 00:23
Stig is suspicious for attacking the practice of voting to produce a tie. It's usually done to allow for more discussion - how can that possibly harm the town?
If you make a tie, you will make sure a mafia isn't killed, how can that help the town? Answer that question

Sasaki Kojiro
02-14-2007, 00:25
If you make a tie, you will make sure a mafia isn't killed, how can that help the town? Answer that question

In GH's games we vote between the two who are tied-thus extending for another day of discussion.

Kagemusha
02-14-2007, 00:33
In GH's games we vote between the two who are tied-thus extending for another day of discussion.

But is it good for the town?~;)

Sasaki Kojiro
02-14-2007, 00:40
But is it good for the town?~;)

This isn't mini mafia :smash:

Stig
02-14-2007, 00:42
Yeah so, then comes night with kills, then we vote between 2, so that gives mafia an advantage

Csargo
02-14-2007, 00:46
Yeah so, then comes night with kills, then we vote between 2, so that gives mafia an advantage

Night doesn't happen until after someone is lynched.

Andres
02-14-2007, 00:50

If I remember correctly in GH's games the kills might be written by the mafiosi or GH has tailored them based on a few instructions from the mafiosi.

There is not much to go on here but the town's interest is not served by having a no-lynch this round.

Well, it doesn't seem a good reason for voting pevergreen, but still, voting somebody in first round serves the town's intrest statistically (correct me if I'm mistaken, I think it was Sasaki who calculated it in one of the mini mafia games). So I can follow the logic of the statement that a no-lynch is not in the towns intrest.

HughTower reacted pretty harsh. Sigurds reaction in turn was this:

AHA!!!

So I hit home with my patronising... I guess you don't like being called stupid in public mafioso.

Sorry, but it seems a bit odd... "I guess you don't like being called stupid mafioso"... It seems to me HughTower was upset and suspected Sigurd of trying to start a bandwagon against pevergreen. The reason Sigurd gave for voting HughTower seems strange.

Call it a hunch. I've been in a lot of games, and his first-round behavior just feels a little mafioso-ish to me.

This smells like meatballing too. But at least you are not jumping on a bandwagon. I would like you to elaborate a bit though.

What caught my eyes earlier on in the game: pevergreen and Redleg trying to start a bandwagon against Sasaki, who is an asset for the town (unless he's mafia, which we cannot know for sure this early in the game). He opens discussion with his random accusations. Discussion we need at the beginning of the game. That would have been a better reason to vote pevergreen than the strange explanation Sigurd gave for his vote for pevergreen. Instead of defending himself against HughTower and giving a good explanation for his vote on pevergreen, he just switched to HughTower giving a no reason once again for his vote. Suspicious.

Pannonian voted for me in CDTC while I wasn't participating. Now he voted again for somebody who wasn't participating. Is he just being clumsy? I stated before that this can be a poor attempt to claim innocense later on in the game...

But Sigurd's behaviour seems more suspicious to me, so:

Unvote : Pannonian
Vote Sigurd Fafnesbarne

Stig
02-14-2007, 00:51
Night doesn't happen until after someone is lynched.
Right I didn't know that ... strange night-day cyclus tho ~D

Lord Winter
02-14-2007, 00:57
Annoyance.
Hurts villagers.

People may give him props for pushing for my lynching in Mafia V, but also remember that it was Kommodus' recommendation over anything, and by the end, I could have survived that round but made the decision to die. Also remember that in that very game, he got detective Banquo's Ghost lynched, and fully believed me that I was detective...

*No offense Sasaki, but you are a divisive figure in these games.
Has saskii's not helped the town by at the very least drawing out Mafiosos who have been lurking and promoting discussion. Both which are good for the town. It is a fact that sasski's method lynches innocents as well as Mafiosos but that is the fact of the game. Still he does far more to help then damage.

Seamus can't be guilty this game. I knew his behavior as a townie and as a Mafia. I vote Sasaki for the abovementioned reasons as well as the fact that I never got to punishing him for being Perma-Listed...

Can you say that for certain? Isn't it a little early to tell his behavior after only one round?

For a weak vote reason and the above.

Unvote: abstain
Vote: Reenk

GeneralHankerchief
02-14-2007, 02:00
Voting over.

I will now tally the votes.

GeneralHankerchief
02-14-2007, 02:31
The voting box drew quite a lot of traffic during the phase in which the villagers of the Frontroom were to choose the guilty party. This was not due to congestion (several people didn't bother to vote); no, this was due to people repeatedly going back up, shuffling through the box to find their vote, crossing the name out, and writing a new one on. Several people did this so many times they scrunched their vote in the corner in ridiculously miniscule writing. Obviously, this did not put the villagers in Chief of Police Beirut's good graces.

After an exhaustive tallying process (it took about an hour, and he was sinking in sweat once it was finished), Beirut finally read the results to the assembled crowd.

"Gentlemen," he began, "By a squeaker, you have sentenced HughTower to death by mummification."

A collective sigh of relief could be heard, but it was quickly drowned out by a scream of terror emanating from Hugh's general direction.

"No, no, please. I accept my fate, but PLEASE don't mummify me! That's inhumane!"

Beirut corrected him. "It's not inhumane, it's justice. Now be quiet and accept your fate." He turned and addressed the crowd. "Hey guys, what step of mummification do you want to see first? I'm not particularly choosy."

"The BRAINS! The BRAINS!" The crowd's preference was clear.

"Very well. I shall now remove Hugh's brains from his nose." Beirut took out a long, silver instrument and held it up for all to see. The crowd cheered. Hugh fainted and would have hit the ground had he not been lying on an operating table (for that was the only word for it).

This was most likely a blessing as he was not awake to witness the breaking of his nose and the Frontroom's Chief of Police shoving that long silver instrument up it. Thankfully, he had long departed the world when the other steps were taken.

Once the process was completed, Beirut sent the villagers home with a few words.

"Remember mafia, there's more of this sort of thing to come if you continue your killing spree. Hopefully we have gotten one of you already."

Here is the vote summary for Round 1:
HughTower: 5 (Sigurd Fafnesbane, Kagemusha, Xiahou, Seamus Fermanagh, Ichigo) :skull:
Sasaki Kojiro: 4 (Redleg, Stig, sapi, Reenk Roink)
Sigurd Fafnesbane: 3 (HughTower, Orb, AndresTheCunning)
Reenk Roink: 3 (discovery1, Destroyer of Hope, Pannonian)
pevergreen: 3 (ByzantineKnight, Sir Moody, Caius Flaminius)
Redleg: 1 (Crazed Rabbit)
AndresTheCunning: 1 (Kommodus)
Orb: 1 (Sasaki Kojiro)

Abstain: 6 (Zalmoxis, Dutch_guy, CountArach, Rythmic, ChuggTheSquirrel, pevergreen)
Didn't vote: 6 (Fenring, Lord Motep of Kendermore, Sir Boo, JimBob, Ignoramus, Warluster)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still alive: (32)
Kagemusha
Sasaki Kojiro
discovery1
Xiahou
Stig
Fenring
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Sir Boo
Ichigo
Pannonian
Crazed Rabbit
Redleg
Reenk Roink
JimBob
pevergreen
Ignoramus
CountArach
Rythmic
ByzantineKnight
Warluster
AndresTheCunning
sapi
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Sir Moody
Seamus Fermanagh
Dutch_guy
Caius Flaminius
Orb
Destroyer of Hope
Zalmoxis
ChuggtheSquirrel
Kommodus

Killed:
UltraWar

Executed:
HughTower

~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNOUNCEMENT: Please keep track of your own votes. I.E. when you unvote, actually put the person's name who you are unvoting down. I've noticed that this has become somewhat of a trend, but I don't like it.

PMs please.

Reenk Roink
02-14-2007, 02:53
Pevegreen and Reenk Roink are suspicious because of the way they've attacked Sasaki in spite of the proven results his methods produce. Pevergreen hasn't known Sasaki as long, so I guess this isn't quite as relevant for him.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. If I suspect and interrogate 16 of the 32 people in the game, I'm bound to get a Mafia. Sasaki Kojiro's methods do more harm than good. I already gave one anecdote of Mafia V. Should I bring up more?

This point's also addressed to you Destroyer of Hope. You called my vote reason weak, but the person you defend (Sasaki Kojiro) actually gives much weaker arguments. My argument goes on what I've seen Seamus Fermanagh do as both Mafia and townie. I only have one round of evidence because there has only been one round. I'm afraid you'll be Listed next round. You voted for me and are guilty of what you accuse me of. Suspicious. We'll have to put Sasaki Kojiro to the backburner right now and ignore his comments.

Kommodus
02-14-2007, 03:22
*checks in from the Charlotte airport*

Almost home. Anyway,

I'm going to have to disagree with you. If I suspect and interrogate 16 of the 32 people in the game, I'm bound to get a Mafia. Sasaki Kojiro's methods do more harm than good. I already gave one anecdote of Mafia V. Should I bring up more?

Well, I guess it's all a matter of judgement and preference. I know Sasaki gets a lot of innocent people lynched; heck, he's gotten me lynched at least once as an innocent. And it's true that some people take more offense to his behavior than others. However, it's my judgement that his methods are still quite successful in exposing mafia. You've got your way of looking at it, and I've got mine.

This smells like meatballing too. But at least you are not jumping on a bandwagon. I would like you to elaborate a bit though.

It was various little things... the time at which you chose to jump in... the length of your first post... the person you chose to go after... your refutation of Rhythmic's assertion. When you've played a bunch of these games, I think you sort of develop a sense about how mafia tend to behave. Like I said, I'm probably wrong; I'd rather have concrete analysis to go by, but I don't have that yet.

Caius
02-14-2007, 03:28
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 156
User Name Posts
GeneralHankerchief 14
Sasaki Kojiro 14
Ichigo 10
HughTower 9
Stig 9
Pannonian 8
discovery1 6
Seamus Fermanagh 6
pevergreen 6
Reenk Roink 6
AndresTheCunning 5
Sigurd Fafnesbane 4
Redleg 4
Dutch_guy 4
Xiahou 4
Kagemusha 4
Rythmic 4
Sir Moody 3
Destroyer of Hope 3
Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot 3
Caius Flaminius 3
Kommodus 3
Zalmoxis 2
Orb 2
UltraWar 2
ByzantineKnight 2
sapi 2
Don Corleone 2
Crazed Rabbit 2
CountArach 2
ChuggtheSquirrel 2
Ignoramus 1
Warluster 1
Lord Motep of Kendermore 1
JimBob 1
Sir Boo 1
Fenring 1

this can help us.

CountArach
02-14-2007, 04:15
I think its still too early to draw opinions from that. Maybe later in the game?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-14-2007, 04:32
err how can that help us exactly Caius? Are you just trying to appear helpful?

@Reenk: don't make a fuss over discussion comments. For example, the above comment directed towards Caius is not an accusation, it's a simple question. He answers, and this helps us get a read on him. I suspect you're just trying to not appear inconsistant with your loki character however.

ByzantineKnight
02-14-2007, 04:49
"Gentlemen," he began, "By a squeaker, you have sentenced HughTower to death by mummification."

Thats scary! Remind me to never go near you with the "long silver thing"!!

ChuggtheSquirrel
02-14-2007, 06:33
I think he'd rather be killed, then mummified, but seeing as he didn't have a choice, do it in style, huh? :laugh4:

Lord Winter
02-14-2007, 06:38
This point's also addressed to you Destroyer of Hope. You called my vote reason weak, but the person you defend (Sasaki Kojiro) actually gives much weaker arguments. My argument goes on what I've seen Seamus Fermanagh do as both Mafia and townie. I only have one round of evidence because there has only been one round. I'm afraid you'll be Listed next round. You voted for me and are guilty of what you accuse me of. Suspicious. We'll have to put Sasaki Kojiro to the backburner right now and ignore his comments.
Your reason for voting for Sasaki was that he is a bad townie, not suspious. Such a vote to lynch a bad townie is a waste as it gives us one last chance at lynching a mafiosto. At the very least you are hurting the town, at the worst you are trying to get rid of a valuable player. And such is at the very least a warrent for a vote.

discovery1
02-14-2007, 07:03
Now who wants to play 'guess the soon to be dead townie'?

Zalmoxis
02-14-2007, 08:20
Is this some kind of trick? :inquisitive:

discovery1
02-14-2007, 09:00
Is this some kind of trick? :inquisitive:
hehehehehe

http://photos-680.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v50/55/32/1935683/n1935683_33707680_4396.jpg

Seamus Fermanagh
02-14-2007, 14:22
General:

Please wog disco for that screenie violation.

Somewhere, somehow that MUST be a violation....warning points....something...

:wiseguy:

ByzantineKnight
02-14-2007, 14:27
General:

Lol!

Redleg
02-14-2007, 17:39
Now who wants to play 'guess the soon to be dead townie'?

Is this a Tell?

Should we vote for your lynch in the next round?

Add that with the attempt to blind us with that screen shot - my eyes still hurt everytime I see it.

Andres
02-14-2007, 17:40
http://photos-680.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v50/55/32/1935683/n1935683_33707680_4396.jpg

Gah, those new smileys are ugly...

Seamus Fermanagh
02-14-2007, 18:33
Gah, those new smileys are ugly...

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

CountArach
02-14-2007, 21:03
General:

:wiseguy:

HAHAHA! Great one Seamus! :laugh3:

HughTower
02-14-2007, 21:20
God preserve me! Oh, somebody just did.....

Everyone else gave a reason. Why didn't you? Cat got your tongue?

GeneralHankerchief
02-14-2007, 21:23

I might just reduce the font size in my sig to fit that one in.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-14-2007, 21:26

Everyone else gave a reason. Why didn't you? Cat got your tongue?

HughT:

It wasn't just you. Ichi flashed his vote around repeatedly -- as in at least 4 changes -- adding it to whoever seemed to have a few votes piling up...except Sasaki, who he did not vote for following his traditional opener.

HughTower
02-14-2007, 21:40
GH - :bow:

Ichigo - Why are you flashing your vote around?

Stig
02-14-2007, 23:14
Challenge: Disco
:bounce:

pevergreen
02-14-2007, 23:46

Csargo
02-15-2007, 01:12
GH - :bow:

Ichigo - Why are you flashing your vote around?

Is there some kind of rule that I can't? I voted you cause you seemed guilty. The fact that you went after Sigurd for something so trival as whether bulls are colorblind or not, seems just pointless. You made a big deal out of nothing it seemed like you were insulted, who would get that crazy over something so stupid?:no:

GeneralHankerchief
02-15-2007, 05:12
Oops.

Real life today has been hectic, I forgot to put the kills up. They'll be up in the morning EST.

Apologies, completely my fault.

HughTower
02-15-2007, 14:19
Is there some kind of rule that I can't?

You've been playing Mafia for longer than I - you tell me.

You changed a vote without giving a reason to the candidate who was most likely to be lynched (aka bandwagonning).
You have consistently added to your vote in the last voting round to whoever looked most likely to be lynched at any one time.
You act as if your sole objective is that someone dies in the lynching round.
This mirrors the Mafia objectives.
This is also a logic you'd be familar with.

Why?:juggle2:

GeneralHankerchief
02-15-2007, 15:04
Day breaks in the Frontroom. All is quiet. Zalmoxis had been up all night, realizing he wouldn't be able to sleep with the threat of an impending mafia attack. So, he grabbed some popcorn, his favorite couch, and began watching the show "Cops." The one where police actually bothered to catch criminals, instead of just letting the town hopefully select who they thought did it.

This had been going on all night, so Zal's senses were not up their usual standards, being deprived of sleep. So, even as someone made the noises associated with sneaking in a house, Zal still was fixed on the TV, not noticing anything.

He also did not notice the creaking of the floor (which the mafioso silently cursed him for) and the breathing of the intruder when he got really close to Zal's location.

"Good show you're watching."

That finally got Zal's attention. He turned around, startled, and the last thing he saw was a shower of bullets from a semi-automatic rifle. Future owners of the couch could never quite get the bloodstain out. That was a shame, for it was quite a lovely couch, too.

The mafioso, however, was not concerned with the couch. He directed his attention on two things that lied adjacent to it, namely Zalmoxis's briefcase and laptop. The mafioso peered into the briefcase, as if making sure that everything was there, and departed the house, taking the laptop and briefcase with him.

Around the same time, the owner of the bulls that had crushed UltraWar to death was busy finishing their slaughter. It was really the most humane thing to do, as the tumble into the hole had broken most of their legs.

The bull meat (which was delicious) was delivered anonymously to the Frontroom Market, and the majority of the villagers were soon feasting on the incredibly cheap but still delicious meat for lunch. Orb was one of those people, who had picked the meat up and was now eating it back at his house.

"Well, it doesn't feel as good as lynching that killer, but it feels good to eat those darn bulls," Orb said to himself. He talked to himself because he thought that he was the only one in the house. Unfortunately for him, he was dead wrong.

"Orb, do you like meat?"

That was not a friendly voice. Orb stiffened. "Who's there?" he asked, rather alarmed. However, the only answer he received was a sharp rap on the head and a wave of unconsciousness coming over him.

He awoke in what appeared to be a stable, though it was rather dark. Orb noticed that he was surrounded by chickens. Lots of them. They seemed menacing, which was odd for chickens, but they also made their way as a smiling mafioso stepped through to face Orb.

"No red meat on the menu today," the mafioso said, still smiling. "Today we'll have chicken."

Orb suddenly noticed he was covered in cereal.

"Those animals are hungry my friend. They haven't had food for several days now."

Orb shuddered. He tried to move, but realized that he was immobilized, somehow. Meanwhile, the chickens saw the food they so desired. They moved in on their prey, and started pecking away. By the time they were finished, Orb's body was barely recognizable.

"Finger lickin' good!" the mafioso said, grinning.

Later that day, Chief of Police Beirut gathered the remaining villagers in the town center to make another announcement. He seemed much grimmer than the day before.

"Gentlemen," he began, "It would seem that the mafia are still active. So it looks like you're going to have to take another vote. I hope that you make the right choice."

~~~~~~~~

Still alive: (30)
Kagemusha
Sasaki Kojiro
discovery1
Xiahou
Stig
Fenring
Lord Motep of Kendermore
Sir Boo
Ichigo
Pannonian
Crazed Rabbit
Redleg
Reenk Roink
JimBob
pevergreen
Ignoramus
CountArach
Rythmic
ByzantineKnight
Warluster
AndresTheCunning
sapi
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Sir Moody
Seamus Fermanagh
Dutch_guy
Caius Flaminius
Destroyer of Hope
ChuggtheSquirrel
Kommodus

Killed:
UltraWar
Zalmoxis
Orb

Executed:
HughTower

Redleg
02-15-2007, 20:50
Well since no one else has posted or voted since the death report. Are we waiting on the write up from GH, or what?

Do get the discussion going again.

Vote:Ichigo

For multiple changes in vote during the last lynch

Reenk Roink
02-15-2007, 20:52
@Reenk: don't make a fuss over discussion comments. For example, the above comment directed towards Caius is not an accusation, it's a simple question. He answers, and this helps us get a read on him. I suspect you're just trying to not appear inconsistant with your loki character however.

I will make a fuss over things that hurt the town. Questions can be accusations. Your "suspicion" on me is an accusation. Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with accusations, it is just when they have weak or no substance behind them when they are called out.

Many of your arguments against others have been based on weak premises and unsound. Some have been outright invalid. Ample evidence exists for both cases, and has been provided in the past.

On my "Loki character". I was given a role with certain tasks to carry out. I fulfilled those tasks. In fact, I am very inconsistent with my Loki character in this game. However, an inconsistent character is an inconsistent character. Nothing more, nothing less. Given my circumstances, it is wholly acceptable to be inconsistent from last game.

Your reason for voting for Sasaki was that he is a bad townie, not suspious. Such a vote to lynch a bad townie is a waste as it gives us one last chance at lynching a mafiosto. At the very least you are hurting the town, at the worst you are trying to get rid of a valuable player. And such is at the very least a warrent for a vote.

You seem to think that Sasaki Kojiro is a valuable player. I disagree, and have given examples to back up my opinion. You have not given any examples to back up your opinion and have not addressed any of my examples which counter your opinion. Given all of this, I will not reform my stance, and I will still hold your stance to be incorrect.

You also must read my posts more carefully. I pointed out that Sasaki Kojiro was suspicious as well. Also, I believe lynching a bad townie is a good course of action when there is not much in way of suspicious. It is better than a vote against Hughtower.

You kind of contradict yourself when you give your reasons for lynching me. They are indeed the same reasons I gave for lynching Sasaki Kojiro, which you first said to be a "waste". You are being inconsistent within the game itself. That never is a good sign...

Vote: Destroyer of Hope

I also just reread some of the thread and caught this gem:

Helped me identify Reenk. I don't think it's bad as a discussion starter. Used to be someone would mention something from the kills and everyone would jump on the wagon. Nowadays it just starts people talking.

You actually did not identify me at all. It was Kommodus who first drew the heat on me. You just jumped on his bandwagon. By the end, I had convinced Kommodus and many other townies of my detective status. The vote to lynch me was very close and I actually chose to get lynched by myself.

I lost 3-2 in that lynch round. The people who voted for me were Crazed Rabbit, Xiahou, and Seamus Fermanagh (my own partner who I instructed to do so). I did not vote that round. Had I and Seamus Fermanagh voted differently, I would have remained alive and survived the onslaught of Kommodus' and your suspicion.

Again, you did not do much for the town that game except get the detective killed (Banquo's Ghost) and get duped by a Mafia (me). You actually were one of our Mafia's most helpful players. :wink:

Andres
02-15-2007, 20:59
Well since no one else has posted or voted since the death report.

I think this games suffers from competition with the Midgard Saga.

AHA!!!

The "I guess you don't like being called stupid mafioso" looks like some strange reasoning. Sigurd didn't give an explanation why he voted pevergreen in the first place, with the exception of "I know it's a shameless bandwagon, but he is one of the younger players"... The vote for HughTower had no particular reason either. I'm curious and I want a decent explanation.

On the other hand, I like to know why Redleg and pevergreen added there votes to Ichigo's "traditional" Sasaki-vote. It resulted in three votes for a player who always manages to get discussion started at the beginning of the game. Three votes = a possible lynching if participation stays low.

For now, I stick to my first vote for Sigurd, but I'll keep watching pevergreen and Redleg.

And I didn't forget about Pannonian's "sily" mistake at the beginning of the game, by voting a non-participant.

Vote : Sigurd

Stig
02-15-2007, 21:04
I'm going to vote for Sasaki for now, for the reasons I had yesterday. imo he's very suspicious, if you don't allow me to vote for someone and do allow others with reasons just as good.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-15-2007, 22:01
I'm going to vote for Sasaki for now, for the reasons I had yesterday. imo he's very suspicious, if you don't allow me to vote for someone and do allow others with reasons just as good.

The others had better reasons.

Stig
02-15-2007, 22:09
The others had better reasons.
I don't agree ... bring some better facts to prove that you're innocent

Sasaki Kojiro
02-15-2007, 22:11

Why don't you explain why your reason was better?

Sigurd
02-15-2007, 22:16
The "I guess you don't like being called stupid mafioso" looks like some strange reasoning. Sigurd didn't give an explanation why he voted pevergreen in the first place, with the exception of "I know it's a shameless bandwagon, but he is one of the younger players"... The vote for HughTower had no particular reason either. I'm curious and I want a decent explanation.

Vote : Sigurd

Why do people have to be such analytical about this? It is a game of mafia where the main objective for townies as is the mafia's, to reduce the numbers of players in the game.
At this early stage it will be pure luck to lynch a Mafioso.
The reason I chose pevergreen in my initial vote was because he was the only younger player I knew of. I am only familiar with half the names in this game.
That HughTower went bananas over my ill concealed provocation was surprising. He might not be mafia but was the only one reacting to my post. So I put my vote on him as a retaliation to see what would come out of it. I guess I started a bandwagon that got HughTower lynched. It takes more than one vote to lynch.

Now I got my eye on Reenk who spends a little too much energy trying to discredit Sasaki’s methods. Knowing Reenk from several games this is a new style for him. But that is to be expected as he will try something different in every game.
I am not going to vote for him just yet.

The one I shall vote for is: Vote: Discovery1
No particular reason for this vote other than a dislike for Abstains and no-votes.
We need to reduce out numbers to root out the mafia.

Stig
02-15-2007, 22:19
Why don't you explain why your reason was better?
It wasn't better it was just as good.

The reason: sounds suspicious.
Is better then the reason:

GeneralHankerchief
02-15-2007, 22:24
Kills are now in their usual form.

Voting will end 24 hours from now, so this session will be slightly extended.

HughTower
02-15-2007, 22:28
That HughTower went bananas

:mad:

Sigurd
02-15-2007, 22:32
Kills are now in their usual form.

Voting will end 24 hours from now, so this session will be slightly extended.

I take it as we have witnessed this delay here, that GH writes the kills himself based on few instructions or just names from the Mafiosi.
Did you really not know that Oxes are colourblind GH?

Dutch_guy
02-15-2007, 22:34

People are usually innocent until proven otherwise, you know.

Although your reason was better than Sigurd's, however Sigurd's hosting a game and therefore has an excuse.

Andres
02-15-2007, 22:36
I guess I started a bandwagon that got HughTower lynched. It takes more than one vote to lynch.

True.

That's why I thought your vote for pevergreen was a better one. Ichigo's Sasaki vote can be ignored, since it's an "Ichigo tradition" to vote Sasaki as soon as the game starts. But Redleg and pevergreen added there vote quite quickly, pevergreen being the third vote already in a game that just started. A bandwagon against a player who, if playing pro-town, is very useful and a real asset for the town.

So it seemed strange to me you unvoted pevergreen, because that vote was imho actually a good vote, and you voted for HughTower, which was a bit of a strange vote.

But I accept your explanation

Unvote : Sigurd

For starting a bandwagon by placing a third vote on a player at the very beginning of the game. One vote : makes people talk, second vote: can be the start of a bandwagon ; third vote: makes the bandwagon rolling, thus:

Vote : pevergreen

And I still want an explanation from Redleg : why did he put a second vote on Sasaki?

Ichigo, you were the last to vote for HughTower. You were the only one who didn't give any reason. You just posted:

:inquisitive:

GeneralHankerchief
02-15-2007, 22:37

I can't answer that at this time. :sorry:

Sigurd
02-15-2007, 22:41
For starting a bandwagon by placing a third vote on a player at the very beginning of the game. One vote : makes people talk, second vote: can be the start of a bandwagon ; third vote: makes the bandwagon rolling, thus:

Vote : pevergreen

Should pever turn out to be Mafioso I must say... the curse of third on the wagon is true.
Is that in the mafia glossary btw? I want some of the credit... :beam:

Kommodus
02-15-2007, 22:42
Why do people have to be such analytical about this? It is a game of mafia where the main objective for townies as is the mafia's, to reduce the numbers of players in the game.

:inquisitive: :huh:

At this early stage it will be pure luck to lynch a Mafioso.

:wall:

No particular reason for this vote other than a dislike for Abstains and no-votes.

:stare:

(Translation: I'm voting Sigurd because I strongly disapprove of the reasoning he's using, both this round and last.)

HughTower
02-15-2007, 22:50
Why do people have to be such analytical about this?

The reason I chose pevergreen in my initial vote was because he was the only younger player I knew of.

Just to remind you, Sigurd, it was your (logically poor) analysis that the misconception about bulls & the colour red would most likely mean the involvement of a 'younger person' that led us here.

So, why can others not be analytical, whilst enduring your fine forensic findings?

Pannonian
02-15-2007, 23:08
True.

That's why I thought your vote for pevergreen was a better one. Ichigo's Sasaki vote can be ignored, since it's an "Ichigo tradition" to vote Sasaki as soon as the game starts. But Redleg and pevergreen added there vote quite quickly, pevergreen being the third vote already in a game that just started. A bandwagon against a player who, if playing pro-town, is very useful and a real asset for the town.

Redleg and pevergreen may have carried anti-Sasaki feelings from Capo to here, so I'd give them some leeway for that.

Carrying through Sigurd's suspicions about the tardiness of GH being caused by lack of detail in the PM, I'll go for someone who was similarly sparse in a previous game. Even if he's innocent, I'd like to hear more from him.

Vote: Kagemusha

pevergreen
02-16-2007, 00:32
:yes: I am very anti Sasaki :laugh4:

Vote: Abstain Its school, and i cant read the thread.

Xiahou
02-16-2007, 01:07
I think HughTower was a good 1st round lynch choice. I didn't really expect him to get lynched when I voted for him- but I don't regret it happening either. Odds are that we didn't get a mafioso, but with so little to go on he was certainly behaving quite suspiciously.

For now, I'll:

His behavior thus far has been totally out of phase with his normal in-game behavior.

Lord Winter
02-16-2007, 01:18
I think HughTower was a good 1st round lynch choice. I didn't really expect him to get lynched when I voted for him- but I don't regret it happening either. Odds are that we didn't get a mafioso, but with so little to go on he was certainly behaving quite suspiciously.

For now, I'll:

His behavior thus far has been totally out of phase with his normal in-game behavior.
I am trying to be more active these games. If I want to make a postitive change in my playing style I understand it might get me lynched in the first couple games but its worth it for now.

Disco has been acting like he did in Mafia IV, and hasn't been talking much, lets see what he has to say.

Vote: Disco

Sir Moody
02-16-2007, 01:21
Vote discovery1

He is the poster boy of a bad villager, hell he makes sas look like an angel. Until we can get solid (or at least tangible) evidence on someone, voting for the players we dont think can help isnt a bad idea.

discovery1
02-16-2007, 02:52
I am trying to be more active these games. If I want to make a postitive change in my playing style I understand it might get me lynched in the first couple games but its worth it for now.

Disco has been acting like he did in Mafia IV, and hasn't been talking much, lets see what he has to say.

Vote: Disco

ANd that's exactly how I acted in all the earlier mafia games as well: rabidly going after Ice since he went to Michigan. You can see my legacy in the mafia glossary.

And I have been abstaining and no voting how?

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 03:14
And I have been abstaining and no voting how?

I believe he meant he didn't want to abstain or no vote.

Vote:My academic advisor who rescheduled our meeting for 8 am

discovery1
02-16-2007, 03:17
Vote:My academic advisor who rescheduled our meeting for 8 am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

First class is at noon pal, NOON

But I probably have to stay up all night to study for a test that covers material that we haven't in class due to a snow day :oops:

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 05:24
hmm Unvote, Vote:Reenk Roink

Constantly voting one player is too good a cover.

Csargo
02-16-2007, 05:40
You've been playing Mafia for longer than I - you tell me.

You changed a vote without giving a reason to the candidate who was most likely to be lynched (aka bandwagonning).
You have consistently added to your vote in the last voting round to whoever looked most likely to be lynched at any one time.
You act as if your sole objective is that someone dies in the lynching round.
This mirrors the Mafia objectives.
This is also a logic you'd be familar with.

Why?:juggle2:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1428221&postcount=178
Just because I didn't give it at the time doesn't mean there wasn't a reason behind it.

First vote:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1425735&postcount=64
Second:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1425962&postcount=89
Third:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1425966&postcount=92
Fourth:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1426987&postcount=139

The only person I bandwagoned was you, and I"ve already explained my vote. Unless you count Pever who was acting strangely when I voted him. Other than that I only voted for you after you took offense to a stupid accusation by Sigurd(no offense Sigurd). Now it seems like your just trying to attack me for your mistake.:no: Your last point proves mine I wouldn't be so foolish as to make such a obvious error.

Csargo
02-16-2007, 05:42
Well since no one else has posted or voted since the death report. Are we waiting on the write up from GH, or what?

Do get the discussion going again.

Vote:Ichigo

For multiple changes in vote during the last lynch

Really? So I'm supposed to have a clear suspect the first round? Rather illogical reason for voting me.

Redleg
02-16-2007, 05:46
Really? So I'm supposed to have a clear suspect the first round? Rather illogical reason for voting me.

No logic in the first two rounds - pure dumb a** guess work. It seems to have struck a sour note with you however. I wonder why? Care to explain futher?

discovery1
02-16-2007, 05:46
hmm Unvote, Vote:Reenk Roink

Constantly voting one player is too good a cover.

Good man.

I too shall Vote: Reenk although not for the same reasons.

Csargo
02-16-2007, 05:56
No logic in the first two rounds - pure dumb a** guess work. It seems to have struck a sour note with you however. I wonder why? Care to explain futher?

That's not true at all. No, not at all I just find your reason for voting me rather bad.

ByzantineKnight
02-16-2007, 06:07

Csargo
02-16-2007, 06:12
Vote:Redleg

For his vote on Sasaki in the first round, and his rather weak attack on me he just doesn't seem to be acting normal.

CountArach
02-16-2007, 06:22

I just haven't got time to keep up with this one.

Redleg
02-16-2007, 06:45
Vote:Redleg

For his vote on Sasaki in the first round, and his rather weak attack on me he just doesn't seem to be acting normal.

What attack? It seems your reaching for a conclusion not in evidence.

pevergreen
02-16-2007, 07:32
Unless you count Pever who was acting strangely when I voted him.

I allways act weirdly.

Still keeping my vote on abstain after a read through.

HughTower
02-16-2007, 11:02
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1428221&postcount=178
Just because I didn't give it at the time doesn't mean there wasn't a reason behind it.

First vote:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1425735&postcount=64
Second:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1425962&postcount=89
Third:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1425966&postcount=92
Fourth:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1426987&postcount=139

The only person I bandwagoned was you, and I"ve already explained my vote. Unless you count Pever who was acting strangely when I voted him. Other than that I only voted for you after you took offense to a stupid accusation by Sigurd(no offense Sigurd).

Ichigo's Day 1 vote history:

Sasaki - no reason given
ChuggtheSquirrel - no reason given
pevergreen - reason given was "On second thought Pever is a better candidate."
Hughtower - no reason given at time of vote

Ichigo's Day 1 (self admitted) bandwagon history:

pevergreen
Hughtower

Now it seems like your just trying to attack me for your mistake.:no: Your last point proves mine I wouldn't be so foolish as to make such a obvious error

So, I can make a mistake, yet you ask us to assume that you are not foolish enough to make one yourself.:no:

It is common practice to give an explanation at time of voting for reasons as you know well enough. I asked you why. You still haven't answered that. In what way(s) are you helping the town?

naut
02-16-2007, 14:17
Yet to vote, at the moment I am trying to get all of this straight in my mind. I will post back later when I have more time. Hope I make it back before the deadline (pun intended).

EDIT: Also can dead people speak?

Sir Boo
02-16-2007, 14:18
I allways act weirdly.

Still keeping my vote on abstain after a read through.

Tis very true :laugh4:

As i have no idea whats going on

Vote:Abstain

Andres
02-16-2007, 15:32
EDIT: Also can dead people speak?

Yes they can. I think being dead doesn't change anything concerning participation on the game. You can still try to achieve your victory conditions when dead, but you cannot vote (townie), kill (mafia) or investigate (detective) anymore. The detective has one restriction: when dead he cannot reveal his investigations results and/or his identity.

It might be a good idea for the detective to pm his role and his investigation results to some of the participants that got murdered by the mafia. They are 100 % sure innocent and can be trusted when they post the information in the thread.

The dead can still play an important role in the game imo.

:bow:

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 15:36
Why was Ichigo's vote hopping scummy?

HughTower
02-16-2007, 15:47
Why was Ichigo's vote hopping scummy?

Because it's designed to lynch without adding or generating any debate. There were no accusations attached to them.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 15:50
Because it's designed to lynch without adding or generating any debate. There were no accusations attached to them.

It's too attention getting to be scum
It doesn't make sense as a day one plan--will be townie lynch almost certainly
Doesn't fit with Ichigo's behavior as scum

HughTower
02-16-2007, 16:18
It's too attention getting to be scum

WIFOM. Ichigo always seems to act in a way that attracts attention. As do you.

It doesn't make sense as a day one plan--will be townie lynch almost certainly

Why is he doing it? It's not helpful. If he's not scum, then he's a bad townie.

Doesn't fit with Ichigo's behavior as scum

Maybe not. But MO's change for a number of reasons - through a course of conscious & deliberate actions, or unrelated external reasons.

Stig
02-16-2007, 16:24
Unvote: I believe it was Sasaki
Vote: Hughtower

1. Csar/Ichigo always goes after Sasaki in the opening post of the game.
2. Why can't you change votes?
3. The first lynch always is a townie lynch ... unless the mafia is some complete idiot, giving him away on the first day.
4. I said what Sasaki said, I just realise.
5. Bandwagoning isn't as bad as most people say, imo it's only bad when it's a draw and I come in, without being active, without posting my reasons to vote one out. Besides you can't bandwagon on day 1 imo.

Andres
02-16-2007, 16:26

But, we lynched HughTower on day 1... :inquisitive:

You hate him so that you want to see him lynched twice? Do you want GH to dig up his corps to see it hang again? How rude!

Stig
02-16-2007, 16:28
But, we lynched HughTower on day 1... :inquisitive:

You hate him so that you want to see him lynched twice? Do you want GH to dig up his corps to see it hang again? How rude!

Damned, in that case let him stop disturbing the discussion.

Xiahou
02-16-2007, 16:33
It might be a good idea for the detective to pm his role and his investigation results to some of the participants that got murdered by the mafia. They are 100 % sure innocent and can be trusted when they post the information in the thread.That would be illegal according to the rules listed in the original post.

unvote: Destroyer of Hope
Vote: Ichigo
He seems like he's protecting a role.

Pannonian
02-16-2007, 16:36
Yes they can. I think being dead doesn't change anything concerning participation on the game. You can still try to achieve your victory conditions when dead, but you cannot vote (townie), kill (mafia) or investigate (detective) anymore. The detective has one restriction: when dead he cannot reveal his investigations results and/or his identity.

It might be a good idea for the detective to pm his role and his investigation results to some of the participants that got murdered by the mafia. They are 100 % sure innocent and can be trusted when they post the information in the thread.

The detective cannot reveal himself privately. He must reveal his identify and his results in the thread itself. It's one of the themes of GH's games, whether the detective should reveal the list of innocents now and guarantee his death the following round, or later and risk being killed before he can let the town know who's innocent.

Andres
02-16-2007, 17:09
The detective cannot reveal himself privately. He must reveal his identify and his results in the thread itself. It's one of the themes of GH's games, whether the detective should reveal the list of innocents now and guarantee his death the following round, or later and risk being killed before he can let the town know who's innocent.

:oops: I thought he could reveal privately. My bad.

5. imo it's only bad when it's a draw and I come in, without being active, without posting my reasons to vote one out. Besides you can't bandwagon on day 1 imo.

Hmmm you have a good point there. On the other hand, it can be a good disguise: by jumping on it, you show that you participate and you hide yourself in the crowd. Since alot of people vote for that same people, you can easily defend yourself: "why do you pick me for jumping on it and not all the others?" At the time Ichigo popped up and voted without any reason, HughTower was most likely to get hanged, since he already got 4 votes at that time. But it still seems odd that he voted without giving any reason whatsoever. Why? To make sure HughTower got hanged, because he was too lazy to give his reasons, because he thought it was crystal clear and needed no furhter explanation...?

But pevergreens third vote against Sasaki at the very beginning of the game however still looks more suspicious to me. It was a vote that almost made a bandwagon rolling. The start of a bandwagon at the very beginning of the game without any clues whatsoever against a useful player who starts discussion... :inquisitive:

I would like to hear a good and meaningful explanation from pevergreen.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 17:09
Unvote,Vote:Xiahou

bandwagon+poor reason.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 17:10
WIFOM. Ichigo always seems to act in a way that attracts attention. As do you.

Exactly why it isn't an indicator of guilt.

Why is he doing it? It's not helpful. If he's not scum, then he's a bad townie.

We don't want to lynch bad townies.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-16-2007, 17:18
We don't want to lynch bad townies.

Agreed. Though in-thread abuse of them should be voluminous.:smartass:

HughTower
02-16-2007, 17:28

and

Damned, in that case let him stop disturbing the discussion.

I like your signature, Stig. At whom was it initially directed? :beam:

But seriously now, :book:, two queries:

Why should I stop this discussion?

That's not a challenge, just a simple question.

Do you not think townies (like Ichigo) should help the town?

I argued earlier (and answered all of Sasaki/your points) he was not being helpful.

Seamus Fermanagh
02-16-2007, 17:30
Vote: Warluster.

Note, this is a pressure vote. We have not got an active vote from him and few posts -- despite his having been active in Siggy's game during this same time frame. Let's hear from you, pal.

Caius
02-16-2007, 17:31
Why should I stop this discussion?
You dont have to stop.At least you know something.

Do you not think townies (like Ichigo) should help the town?
Why the attack against Ichigo?

GeneralHankerchief
02-16-2007, 17:42
Again, please indicate who you are unvoting.

*looks in Sasaki's direction*

HughTower
02-16-2007, 17:48

bandwagon+poor reason.

Barely a wagon, just 1 other vote & my shouting. Besides, Ichigo wagonned twice & offered no reason 4 times. What's the difference?

Re: lynching 'bad townies'

Seamus/Sasaki - why shouldn't we, if they hinder the town? Rather a bad townie than a good one, surely?

And finally,

Caius - see the links in my signature for my reasoning (if you can bothered :laugh4:).

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 17:51
Re: lynching 'bad townies'

Seamus/Sasaki - why shouldn't we, if they hinder the town? Rather a bad townie than a good one, surely?

A townie is still a townie. We want to try and lynch mafia every round.

What do bad townies do that hinders the town more than wasting a lynch? And does lynching them guarantee they will stop?

Pannonian
02-16-2007, 17:52
Disco has an abnormal posting pattern for this game, and not a single useful post among them. Reenk has taken over from Ice as his preferred target, but he's still voting in the same old manner, and we know how monothemism helps mask mafia activity (that being his strategy in M4).

Unvote: Kagemusha
Vote: discovery1

Edit: Added the unvote part for GH's convenience.
2nd edit: Get the unvote right if you're going to add it. Idiot.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 18:15
Disco has an abnormal posting pattern for this game, and not a single useful post among them. Reenk has taken over from Ice as his preferred target, but he's still voting in the same old manner, and we know how monothemism helps mask mafia activity (that being his strategy in M4).

Unvote: Kommodus
Vote: discovery1

Edit: Added the unvote part for GH's convenience.

Reenk is following the same strategy.

discovery1
02-16-2007, 18:23
Unvote: Reenk

Vote: Destroyer of Hope since he's the closest one to me in number of votes.

May I remind you that it was not a strategy when I was mafia anymore then a mafia maintaining a consistant playstyle is a mafia strategy. Oh look, Saski is doing his thing, better lynch him.

HughTower
02-16-2007, 18:27
A townie is still a townie. We want to try and lynch mafia every round.

What do bad townies do that hinders the town more than wasting a lynch?

If we know someone is a townie, then we should not lynch them, even if they are hindering the town.

We do not know this about Ichigo, & his actions are more helpful to the Mafia than the town.

And does lynching them guarantee they will stop?

:wall:

Of course, it will! All he has done is vote-hop & bandwagon - which he can't do when he's dead.

Stig
02-16-2007, 18:31
Hughtower is awfully active for someone who's dead. Did we lynch a mafia and is he trying to put us on the wrong track?

discovery1
02-16-2007, 18:33
Hughtower is awfully active for someone who's dead. Did we lynch a mafia and is he trying to put us on the wrong track?

That is possible. When I was mafia, I fought hard to keep the town off of the Masy even after I was dead. Much more then ever before, even when alive.

Stig
02-16-2007, 18:39
Seeing as he jumped on the fact that Sigurd voted Pevergreen:

Vote: Pevergreen, yes he might be a townie, but just as much as all the others we're voting for, in Pevergreens case even a little more.

Xiahou
02-16-2007, 18:40

bandwagon+poor reason.
Were I a more punitive person, I'd change my vote for Sasaki at this point for the same reasons he lists. One vote isn't a bandwagon and I gave a reason- which is more than you did in voting for me.

I believed Destro's explanation (for now)- thus the unvote. There are a few others I'd add to my suspect list, but doing so publicly would only make the mafia's job easier.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-16-2007, 18:52
Were I a more punitive person, I'd change my vote for Sasaki at this point for the same reasons he lists. One vote isn't a bandwagon and I gave a reason- which is more than you did in voting for me.

I believed Destro's explanation (for now)- thus the unvote. There are a few others I'd add to my suspect list, but doing so publicly would only make the mafia's job easier.

Right, so Redleg voted Ichigo and persued him in several posts, Andres Questioned Ichigo, HughTower accused Ichigo and put him in his sig as #1 suspect, but there was no wagon on him? Ichigo is very lynchable today->voting for him is bandagon. Your reason is "he looks like he's protecting a role" which isn't even an accusation of guilty, and you don't explain. My vote gave two reasons: bandwagon and poor vote.