Thread: Preview: Taksashila (Mauryan Satrapy)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Preview: Taksashila (Mauryan Satrapy)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1984 View Post
    It's too bad that by the time EB2 is released, I won't be playing any games whatsoever anymore. Even now my interests in them have declined spectacularly, as well as the time that I can reasonably free up for them. I guess I reached both age and situation to leave these things, and there's very little to be done against it. But suffice it to say that previews like this show exactly why EB1.2 has been one of the very few games that kept my attention and interests for so long a timespan.

Even when I will probably hardly (or not) play it at all, the team should rest assured that their efforts are definitly not in vain. Over the years, I've come to enjoy EB both as a relaxed and slow game, as well as a masterpiece of historical knowledge that comes with by far the most baffling athmosphere I've ever encountered. As such, I've already advised EB1.2 to my youngest brother, who is currently overwhelmed by the deepness and vastness of the mere mechanics of the game. I sincerely hope that he'll soon be touched by the historical and athmospheric aspects of it as well, and develops and further deepens his interests in these things just the way I did. With a bit of luck, that microbe sticks with him for the coming five to eight years, at which point he'll most likely leaves gaming as well.

Whatever happens to that, I'm truly glad EB brings together so many artists from different fields, and enables others to experience the vastness of what they have to offer. Be it historical information or impressions and other artistic achievements. I'll obviously continue to read your previews. Not as previews, but as examples of how information of various kind can be brought together into more and more complete pictures. These previews somehow capture the reason why I decided to study history all these years ago. They're wat brought me back to reading history-books on my own. (I dropped that during and after history-classes as I perceived them at times to be too boring.) That interest in historical magic, into the overwhelming impression I have when encountering a completely different and often strange culture, is something I'd never wish to loose. Not even when gaming will be a faraway past.

Kind regards and much strenght wished in your bold achievement,

Andy

Thank you kindly, Andy. It is very rewarding, after having spent so much time and hard work, to see people read and appreciate the effort put into this. It is my hope that even those who do not intend to play can read and enjoy the previews, with all the historical information and pretty units, and still feel that they get something out of it.
    Of course, our ambition is to make a great mod that is fun to play, but as I have already said, getting people interested in ancient history, and especially the somewhat more "obscure" and less well known aspects thereof, is something that I personally feel is also one of the most iportant roles of EB. Thus, when people say that what we have produced has helped create an interest in history, and made them start read and learn about those subjects, it sort of feels like we have accomplished some of what we're aiming for.

So, thanks to you, and to all who have given such positive and appreciative responses, and I hope you will continue to read and enjoy the previews we produce.
    Who knows, perhaps it may even lure some old veterans out of their hiatus and back into gaming again...
    Last edited by Mithridates VI Eupator; 08-04-2011 at 14:08.