Thread: 18th Century Mod...

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Default 18th Century Mod...

I have a question. Has anyone made a working late 17th/early 18th century mod for MTW/VI? If so, do you know where I could get it. That's my favourite period in history and I was wondering if anyone has done it yet.
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Default Re: 18th Century Mod...

Have you tried Napoleonic: Total War yet?
    Starts in 1750 and ends in 1886 or something?

Site: http://thelordz.co.uk/

There's also a thread in The Engineers Guild.

Yeah, I've tried it, but I'm talking about likea late 17th Century and 18th Century mod, with nothing but 17th/18th Century units, not Napoleonic units.
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Ì guess I got confused. You mean late 1600s early 1700s? Then I honestly don't know.

NTW (beta 3.x, in development):
    Start Date: 1750
    End Date: 1887
    Focus: Europe, modified Standard MTW Map

XVI-XVII mod (no beta, in development):
    Start Date: 1492
    End Date: before 1700
    Focus: Europe, unmodified Standard MTW Map for first Beta

The Spanish Sucession Wars and the Nordic Wars (early 18th century) aren't covered by mods as far as I know.
    The North American Wars (England, France and the Indians) and the American Independence War aren't covered yet but it could be done if someone uses the units of the NTW mod and a map of the colonies.
    Someone even talked about a late 19th century mod, Queen Victoria's Wars and/or the War of 1870 (France-Prussia), although i can't imagine how a trench warfare (Crimean War) could be realized in MTW.

Alex
    Last edited by AlexPeters; 08-17-2004 at 09:02.
    Pike & Musket mod forum | Download the Pike & Musket Mod for MTW
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason (Voltaire)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPeters
    The Spanish Sucession Wars and the Nordic Wars (early 18th century) aren't covered by mods as far as I know.
    Alex
    That's the war I'm looking for! A mod going from about 1640 (English Civil War) to the end of the 18th Century (French Revolution). That's the kind of mod I'd like, but unfortunately I don't have the skills or the time to make the mod myself. Basically what I'm looking for is a Baroque Era mod!

King Malcolm and I are working through a 'Jacobite' mod which should feature the period from the first Jacobite war (1689 thereabouts) to the '45 and shortly thereafter, so you get a progression from the pike and shot to the Baroque era musket, bayonet and line of battle. Progress has been kinda slow though, but supporters and enthusiasts are always welcome. I'm also a great fan of this period but it's unfortunately been 'covered' by the Cossacks series of RTS games so no one else seems to want to touch it.

Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Dclare,

I've sent a personal mail to King Malcolm a little while back stating that I would love to be involved in this mod as I'm a Scotland and history addict. Let me know when you need battle maps (I'm addicted to creating them).
    In the past I've offered my services to different other mods as well but for one reason or another that has all sizzled away.
    For battle maps I could be an asset. Please....involve me !

Dirk

Arrow Re: 18th Century Mod...

"NTW (beta 3.x, in development):
    Focus: Europe, modified Standard MTW Map"

What is the full name of that mode, because I can't find it

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chomik View Post
    "NTW (beta 3.x, in development):
    Focus: Europe, modified Standard MTW Map"

What is the full name of that mode, because I can't find it
    Pretty sure he was referring to Napoleonic: Total War, which [DnC] mentions in the second post. The link no longer works, I think the modding group actually went pro.

You can read about the mod here, and we do have some files stashed away that might get you the mod. If you check https://forums.totalwar.org/mizu/miz...les/MTW/Stats/ , you can find various NTW files, I'm not sure if the one labeled "NTW1 v7 Patch 1.exe" gets you the entire mod or if you need a full install prior to that.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur