Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post 0.73 ctds here

Default Re: Post 0.73 ctds here

No reason it should have 6 by 257. The only reason it could have multiples would be if it rebelled and was retaken. But even then 6 seems way excessive. Oh well, doesn't seem to hurt anything, but I don't know why a ctd occurred then. That could have happened for some other reason I suppose, but it's good that you ultimately got rid of all of them and built a baktrian one.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    No reason it should have 6 by 257. The only reason it could have multiples would be if it rebelled and was retaken. But even then 6 seems way excessive. Oh well, doesn't seem to hurt anything, but I don't know why a ctd occurred then. That could have happened for some other reason I suppose, but it's good that you ultimately got rid of all of them and built a baktrian one.
    TA - Does that sound like another one of those script created buildings we've been trying to weed out?
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

No, the govt buildings are placed when a province comes under the control of a faction. Also, a slave faction can build them on their own too (but usually only type3 or type4 I think). It is a script placed building, but not one of the trouble ones.

I can just fire up a seleukid campaign, and there's only one of them in Hekarompylos at the game's start. **But** that province shouldn't be able to build a type1 govt at all. Tha'ts the weird thing. Having noticed that, I think we should alert our scripters who are available to this potential problem.

Destroyer of Gauls Member bighairyman's Avatar

First of all, I want to say this is a great mod, making me play RTW again.

Anyway, I just updated my EB to 0.73. Upon loading my save game, EB CTDs. It finishes loading the game, but crashes before the map shows up.

Anyone else have this happened to them?
    No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards dying for their country.

The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from red people.

why would anybody want to touch a girl's butt? Bart Sim

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyman
    First of all, I want to say this is a great mod, making me play RTW again.

Anyway, I just updated my EB to 0.73. Upon loading my save game, EB CTDs. It finishes loading the game, but crashes before the map shows up.

Anyone else have this happened to them?
    The new version is incompatible with your old save games. Sorry!
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Destroyer of Gauls Member bighairyman's Avatar

What? Oh man, any way to revert back to 0.72? Or get my saved game to work in 0.73?
    No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards dying for their country.

The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from red people.

why would anybody want to touch a girl's butt? Bart Sim

"Audacity, always audacity!" Member Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyman
    What? Oh man, any way to revert back to 0.72? Or get my saved game to work in 0.73?
    I guess you will have to reinstall I would however recommend just starting a new 0.73 campaign its much more stable I have not had a crash with it.

“By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes”
    - Friedrich der Große

Quote Originally Posted by Andronikos
    I guess you will have to reinstall I would however recommend just starting a new 0.73 campaign its much more stable I have not had a crash with it.
    Not only that, there's a surprising amount of new content, albeit not in the form of graphics, but it's amazing stuff. Traits and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou

The Seleukid's had taken Hekarompylos several time's before I managed to get over there. Each time they had captured it the city rebelled within a couple of turns as the Sleukids left only a small garrison.

Should a captured government building not work for you? That is to say do you have to destroy the current one (or should it be destroyed in the attacK) and build your own for each city you take?

Oh. Well, this makes me feel better then barabas. There is no problem really. Each time a province is taken by an AI faction, the scripts automatically put down the best possible government building for that faction. That's why there were a lot there, as you said it was lost and retaken a bunch.

As a player, every time you take a new province, we destroy the old govt buildings 100% - but they are still there. You could repair them. We don't want that. We cannot make the game totally destroy them automatically - so we do the best we can. **Every time you take a new province, you should destroy all government buildings there.** The only exception should be if it was your province before and you lost it, and then retake it. You will still have to pay to repair it, but if it was your homeland or something, you obviously shouldn't have to destroy the building and build a new one. But you should make sure all govt buildings are yours, and not some other factions.

Playing as Epiros, whenever I take a Roman city in battle mode, I encounter a CTD. The battle plays fine, and I can get around it by auto-calcing, but as the bar finishes loading to return to the strat map, I CTD, no error.

Every time, I've fought the battle to the end (didn't click 'End Battle'), had Pyrrhus as the general, and used a standard army of Taxeis Phalangitai, Indian Elephants, Peltasts, Hippeis, Samnite Spears and of course the general's unit. The post battle load isn't particularly long, and the crash is instant (no CPU deliberation).

Another problem I have encountered occurs when I recieve reinforcements in a battle for wich the reinforcements come from over a crossable stretch of water. The instant I click 'Start Battle', my PC locks up. I'd say it could be isolated to the reinforcements having nowhere to arrive to (the corner from which they should come was water within the playable area), particularly as the crash occured the moment they should appear... is this fixed as a possibility in 1.5, or will it be a more permantent issue?

Thanks in advance.

Counter-Revolutionary Member BerkeleyBoi's Avatar

I've had a fair number of CTDs fighting against macedonia and the getei and epieros as the KH. the same thing happens each time:

general leading an army during the winter sieges a town
    the siege loads
    bar goes about half way and CTDs

i then reload EB, dont turn on the script, and the battle loads and everything is ok. the generals are different, the towns are different, and army composition usually contains peltasts but otherwise have different soldiers. however, one thing i did notice is that it always happens in the winter time. hope this helps!

hey guys

I am playing the romani and I'm in a struggle with the ptolemaioi but every time I attack this city in the province Di'Amat I win and the game crashes.
    All the family members of them are in that city and they've got more than that province so is it because of that?

The pre-battle CTD's started happening again, this time at war against the Epirotes.

Screenshot of the composition of the armies for the first ctd. Again, after reloading it worked, then next battle, ctd again. I know it was said the spear+sword animations were causing ctd's during the battle, but is that related to pre-battle ctd's as well? If there's no need to keep posting pre-battle ones, lemme know.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBoi
    i then reload EB, dont turn on the script, and the battle loads and everything is ok. the generals are different, the towns are different, and army composition usually contains peltasts but otherwise have different soldiers. however, one thing i did notice is that it always happens in the winter time. hope this helps!
    Can you confirm that this never happened in any of the three turns other than winter?

Also, if you have a saved game where this consistently happens, can you try doing it -with- the script running but with this traits file in place for testing:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...20&postcount=2

Thanks!
    Cogita tute

Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBoi
    I've had a fair number of CTDs fighting against macedonia and the getei and epieros as the KH. the same thing happens each time:

general leading an army during the winter sieges a town
    the siege loads
    bar goes about half way and CTDs

I assume this is the same problem I and some others have been having, as I've posted. Turning the script off upon reload doesn't matter actually. After the initial CTD, when you reload the same battle and activate script, the battle works, at least in my experience.

I've got a ctd I can't get around. I reloaded after applying the sprite fixes, and when attacking the battle loads about a third of the way, then sends me to the desktop everytime. I get the following error message:

Script error in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt at line 111265 collum 52 No level declared

I have no idea why a trait error would suddenly show up, seeing as how i haven't changed anything in that file.

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PantsToucher
    Script error in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt at line 111265 collum 52 No level declared

I have no idea why a trait error would suddenly show up, seeing as how i haven't changed anything in that file.
    Have you tried following the link and instructions here?
    Cogita tute

Edit

Okay, I fixed the sprite issue, that was my bad. It did load up with the neutered traits file by the way. I dunno, maybe a couple days ago when i changed some stuff in there that had to do with some bugs with the olimpics, I might have screwed something else up or something. Don't know why it would work untll now though. Anyone got the orginal file, to see if some gremelin or something changed something that it wasn't supossed to?

Edit again

I fixed it, I guess something to do with my messing up of the sprite fix was messing with the traits, I'm not sure how or why, but now everything works again.
    Last edited by PantsToucher; 03-15-2006 at 17:51.

Playing as the Ptolemaic empire, ive gotten to about 260 B.C. and Whenever i engage in a battle in or around edessa, i get a CTD after the battle during the loading screen. The first two times this happened was during a siege of the city(me being taking the city) finally i had to automate the battle as to not CTD. then i attacked a seluicid army one tile away from edessa. after the battle i received a CTD.

so i tried playing as Casse. In the first year after 3 turns(272 BC) I get a CTD when the Ptolemy turn comes up. I quit this game and attempted a second Casse game doing different things this tiem around and still on 3rd turn i experienced a CTD on ptolemy's turn.

both times ive tried turning off the script to no avail

Edit: ok now my Sarmartian campaign has died. It is the first year 272 B.C. after 3 turns and this time around i crash on the Yezhui turn. Again turning off the script makes no difference.

btw i never got crashes in 0.72 and now in .73 im getting them like crazy

Edit #2: CTD with Epieros after 3 turns or so. This is getting really annoying, i mean i love all the new stuff, i just cant play with it!!!

Edit #3 ok Romani has CTD after 3 turns now as well, im assuming now that this is going to be true for all cultures...it only bugs me that initially it didnt touch my ptolmaic campaign in the same way. odd...
    Last edited by GeneticFlea; 03-17-2006 at 08:47.

Ok...here i am...playing my Romanii campaign around 205BC and after conquering the italian peninsula and the northern dalmatian provinces, trying to maintain my armies in one piece, basically because i usually have to automatically fight siege battles cause there are always reinforcents and a CTD comes in everytime i try to fight them manually...and now...most of the times i try to fight a one on one battle...i get a ctd or a error message saying that some makedonian tga file doesnt exist.
    I am sort of fed up of looosing precious units by having to fight automatic battles...
    Has this been happening to you guys?
    Best regards
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123