Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: KotR Out of character thread VI

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

Default Re: KotR Out of character thread VI

btw, good story econ. Would like to see you reborn as your swearing lewd son... More good *#@&ing stories to come from him... hahah...

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I don't know what the Bavarians have planned for their army, but I think Gerherd Steffen could afford some time off in Rome to get cured. The army can be led by a unknighted avatar, as long as it avoids battles.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, my preferred symbol order for swearing is *#%! It just seems so... right.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Well, you could just write <censored> instead :p
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    I don't know what the Bavarians have planned for their army, but I think Gerherd Steffen could afford some time off in Rome to get cured. The army can be led by a unknighted avatar, as long as it avoids battles.
    Avoiding battle isn't in Lothar's nature at the moment. It would probably be best to give him command of the BHA only after he is knighted, unless you want another legal crisis in the Diet.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Judging by the Hungarian army near Zagreb, the Austrians might need the Bavarians sooner than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    I'm having a hard time seeing these young whippersnappers in 40 years when they're the elder statesmen of the Diet.
    Suffering breeds character. I'm sure TC has something up his sleave for Lothar.

Hell, I never imagined Otto would be an elder statesman. But somewhere in the middle of all the social climbing, prisoner executions, subversion of the charter and thumb taking, it happened.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight
    Hell, I never imagined Otto would be an elder statesman. But somewhere in the middle of all the social climbing, prisoner executions, subversion of the charter and thumb taking, it happened.
    Heh, yeah, but check out our introduction to Otto:

"Kaiser Heinrich, Prinz Henry and the Electors of the Reich, greetings from Innsbruck. I apologize that I was unable to attend the Diet this year, but my many duties as Castellan have kept me here. There is always something to repair, patrols to be made or some dispute between peasants to sort out. If I have to rule on another case about disputed pig ownership I fear I shall go mad. My patrols in the Brenner pass have been more fruitful. Our border with Venice seems quiet for now, but I have scouted several excellent locations for ambushes if they dare to march against us.

I have heard from the Kaiser that I am to go on Campaign! This is good news, I would much rather be on horseback than sitting behind walls. Innsbruck will need to be looked after however. I have asked Elector Gunther to keep things in order in my absence. I've already invited his wife Bertha and their children to the castle, so that they may be reunited when he returns. She says it has been too long since she has seen her husband and that there are several matters they must discuss. She is a formidable woman. Some wars are waged on the battlefield and others in the bedroom, good luck elector!"

The elector looks extremely uncomfortable reading that last part, but it seems he was instructed to. He continues reading:

"Preparations for the upcoming campaign continue in earnest. I hope the next time I write it will be from the field. I also hope you keep myself, and the elector, particularly the elector, in your prayers. Glory to the Kaiser! Glory to the Reich!

Otto von Kassel"
    And then check out our introductions to Lothar and Elberhard:

*A teenager with a surprisingly bushy mustache stands, looking bored.*

After all the lecturing I have received from Godwine and Gottfried, my mentor and tutor... or is it Gottfried and Godwine? Hells, they're bloody identical except for those ridiculous hats...

*Lothar turns to a nearby servant.*

Tell Gottfried he must shave his beard immediately.

*The servant bows and turns to go.*

Wait! I'm not sure whether Gottfried is my mentor or my tutor, so that won't help at all. *Lothar scratches his head for a moment.* Nevermind, I shall deal with this later.

*Lothar sits down, seeming pleased with himself. It takes him a moment to realize the entire Diet is silent and looking at him.*

OH! Right, yes... the Imperial Diet... *Lothar gives a short chuckle. No one else seems amused. He rolls his eyes.* (By the hells this place is full stodgy old bastards. It's a wonder that half of them don't drop dead of sheer boredom every morning.)

POLITICS! DIPLOMACY! Yes, this is the wise and venerable council of the Holy Roman Empire. Let us discuss treaties and religion, certainly the watchwords of a successful life. Prinz Jobst may have violated Imperial law by his actions, but what damage has it really caused us? Excommunication? HAH! That didn't last bloody long at all! Poor relationships with our fellow Catholics? Half of them are at war with us already! Those who are not at war with us refrain from taking up arms simply because they know we would crush them. *Lothar slams his fist on a table and grins broadly.*

I forget most of what Godfriend and Gottwine (Gottfried and Godwine?) have droned on about, but two things I know well: war and money! The Reich thrives on both. One begets the other and vice versa in a never ending cycle. (Or was that virtue and piety?) It has always been this way and so it will always be. As a consequence of Prinz Jobst's actions, we are now at war with the Danes.

GOOD! Let's damned well crush them! They hold rich lands. If they are too weak to hold them, then that is their own fault. Oh yes, I suppose some of you will drone on and on about our reputation... *Lothar rolls his eyes.* Well the Danes are the enemies of our English allies! What will our oh so peaceful neighbors think if we don't come to the aid of our most afflicted friends? Surely aiding England by conquering the Danish provinces will make others think better of us.

*Lothar shrugs.* And if not, well, there's plenty of German steel to share with the rest of them! *He smiles and looks pleased with himself.* (Oh, summation! Hells, Gottwit... Godwit?... always said to do a summation at the end.)

WAR AND MONEY! YES! We need them... or want them... or something like that. Prinz Jobst's actions, right or wrong, provide us with the perfect opportunity. We should be thanking him, not scorning him. Right. That's it. I'm done.

*Lothar sits down. The Diet is still dead quiet and most of the Electors are looking at him quizzically. He leans over to the man sitting next to him.* (Is this almost over yet?) *The man clearly tries to ignore Lothar, who frowns and looks around the room. He smiles a bit when he sees Gerhard Steffen a few benches away.*

Hi, Dad!
    Elberhard strode into the officer’s mess and clapped Kurt Altman on the shoulder:

“So, you old @#$%^&!!!, you’re finally going to get a chance to rip those @#$%^&!!!s at Edessa a new @#$%^&!!!, eh?!?”

Kurt looked round at the young prince with the pained expression of Ernest, Henry’s guard dog, being tormented by an irritatingly energetic young puppy.

“Master Elberhard,” Kurt touched his forehead in deference. “Your father has not confided his plans in me, you’d best be talking to him yourself.”

Elberhard turned round a chair and sat astride it, grabbing a leg of mutton from the table.

“Oh, @#$%^&!!! The old @#$%^&!!!’s not going all quiet and mysterious again is he?” Elberhard groaned, in an exaggerated world weary drawl.

Kurt gritted his teeth. “I am not sure as I rightly know to what you are referring to, young Master.”

Elberhard guffawed, spraying half digested mutton over the table. “Don’t @#$%^&!!! me, Kurt! You know what they say: you can’t @#$%^&!!! a @#$%^&!!!er! That @#$%^&!!! Kolar, that’s what I’m @#$%^&!!!ing referring to, as if you did not know."

Kurt stolidly munched on his food in silence, not giving anything away. Elberhard eyed him up carefully and continued:

"Man, he was one sly, smart son of a @#$%^&!!! Plans within plans, schemes and cons played out over decades. And yet, you know what the strange thing is? All he ever did, he did for the Reich. You may question his methods, but the old @#$%^&!!!er was our @#$%^&!!!er.”

Then, lightly, like a puppy tiring of a reluctant adult playmate, Elberhard sprang up and looked about, as if ready to leave:

“Got any women, here, Kurt?”

“What?” blurted out Kurt in shock, then quickly, “I am sorry, Sir, what did you say?”

“Oh, I forgot, you all think you are still on a @#$%^&!!!ing crusade to save Christendom, don’t you?” Elberhard laughed. “Pity you had to send Dirk away - he was the only one of you @#$%^&!!!ers who was any fun!”

With that, Elberhard threw the half-eaten leg of mutton on the table and strode off in search of his father.

Kurt looked gave a wry smile to the earnest Teuton sitting next to him: “Thank God they elected the other son.”
    Get my point?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

what about Ehrhart and Sigismund von Mahren - look at us in the Duchy of Austria, cuz we're pretty noble-sounding
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Duly noted, it's not your father's Reich. I guess no matter what age he is, Otto is verbose.

Well, Lothar, as TC pointed out, is just 16 and played to be somewhat of an anti-Max just as Conrad is the anti-Heinrich. Elberhard has an interesting mix of traits besides being a foul-mouthed pervert. There's untapped potential in both. It will be interesting to see the transformations that will take place in all the new avatars.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 06-01-2007 at 01:52.

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

Notice one thing that could spice up the IC gameplay... :P we are going to have a princess or 2 soon... Maybe let all the young avatars try and win the gal and the opinion of her father, grandfather? :P It would spice up the politics too as the opinions of the avatars on the Prince would push him to favor that particular avatar more or less...

This is the first time we had a princess that we didn't need to immediately marry her off to expand the avatar pool, l think we should play it out. Too bad we don't have a female roleplayer to play out the two gals. :P (probably going to have an explosion of love letters, secret meetings in the story thread if this is approve... :P)
    Last edited by StoneCold; 06-01-2007 at 02:18.

Anyone already starting to write the follow-up story to the Danish crusade dilemma? As noted in the report, both spies have reached their positions.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold
    Notice one thing that could spice up the IC gameplay... :P we are going to have a princess or 2 soon... Maybe let all the young avatars try and win the gal and the opinion of her father, grandfather? :P It would spice up the politics too as the opinions of the avatars on the Prince would push him to favor that particular avatar more or less...

This is the first time we had a princess that we didn't need to immediately marry her off to expand the avatar pool, l think we should play it out. Too bad we don't have a female roleplayer to play out the two gals. :P (probably going to have an explosion of love letters, secret meetings in the story thread if this is approve... :P)
    An increase in station and nookie at the same time? You can count Lothar in.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Jobst has all his favourites worked out, and a little story is developing...

As FactionHeir said, who is doing the followup? I volunteeer, since Jobst had the most to do with the whole stuff up, whatever you call it.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Sorry guy's it's been a little hectic at work.

I'm staying in the Reich and wont be going on crusade.

Stuperman, Arnold will certainly accept the offer of caning the Hungarians with the BHA.

He needs to be knighted as soon as possible. TC could/should come along also.

The House's are link by quite a lot of background now and I'd like Lothar and Arnold to be knighted in the same battle for a few story board reasons.

FH,

I'm back home this evening and can give you a build queue for Budapest.

If Stuperman and TC are in agreement with the above idea then please make the necessary in game moves to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold

I'm in but only once I see her avatar face, if she's not my type then I'll find some other tart

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    As FactionHeir said, who is doing the followup? I volunteeer, since Jobst had the most to do with the whole stuff up, whatever you call it.
    You can take it - but please leave Dusan Kolar alone; he may have one more act to play.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

*shocked expression*

I don't meddle with other peoples stories or characters, wasn't even thinking of Dusan!
    (Though maybe some other characters...wink,wink,nudge,nudge say no more.)

I've updated the playlist, including a marker for being a Duke's heir.

I know Gerherd Steffen is Otto's heir; by primo geniture, I am assuming Arnold is Leopold's and Ansehelm is Gunther's - the relevant Dukes can post if those assumptions are wrong.

Swabia does not seem to have an obvious heir, although Friedrich is young and could wait.

Ulrich?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Hi Econ,

You are correct about Austria. Leopold made his ascension plans clear in the Austrian House thread if you would like to check.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant
    Stuperman, Arnold will certainly accept the offer of caning the Hungarians with the BHA.

He needs to be knighted as soon as possible. TC could/should come along also.

The House's are link by quite a lot of background now and I'd like Lothar and Arnold to be knighted in the same battle for a few story board reasons.

If Stuperman and TC are in agreement with the above idea then please make the necessary in game moves to accomplish this.
    I am in agreement, but I don't think the BHA is going eastwards. From what I've been reading, it's just heading north to garrison Milan. Regardless, Lothar is going east to be knighted however possible.

AG: Stuperman said he wants to stay for cure, so the BHA won't be moving much it seems. Current orders that were received within the deadline are to have it garrison Milan.
    Once a Bavarian (TC) is knighted though, I'll consider having to perform a few tasks if there are new orders.

And I bet Jobst will marry off Lyse to whoever supports him while he is emperor. Something like Heinrich.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-01-2007 at 13:02.

Hi All,

FH just confirmed that Kag (these nick names are just going great now), is bringing the AHA back to Ragusa to pick up me and whoever else is there and then go hunting Hungarian punetang!!

Maybe you need to get FH to move you over withm e and we can hang out until Kag arrives.

Kag is that ok with you?

Fantastics I just picked up foul language
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 06-01-2007 at 18:41.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

hey wheres the most recent save file?
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonsg91921
    hey wheres the most recent save file?
    Waiting for Xdeathfire to play his battle. He hasn't been on in a day and he previously said that he wasn't going to have much time for a while, so he might not make the time limit. I don't know exactly when FactionHeir sent him the save, but it looks like it will have to be autoresolved if he doesn't play it by sometime tomorrow.

I believe xdeathfire has it, Duke Scherer is assaulting Paris. The saves been out for over a day.

Go to:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/

click twice on last modified, and that should bring up the latest save:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1220-3.rar

Xdeathfire says he'll play it today/tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Xdeathfire says he'll play it today/tomorrow.
    The savegame was uploaded on 31 May at 13.31 (no idea what time zone that is), so presumably the 48 hour deadline expires today. If it is a siege, I guess you could just hold rather than autoresolve.

It would be good if we could find a way of coordinating between Chancellors and generals to avoid this kind of delay. In WotS we had an upper house/lower house distinction. People who are going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours at a time probably should drop the Chancellor a PM or post here to say they won't be able to fight battles. I know GeneralHankerchief and Ignoramus found themselves in that position during my period as Chancellor.

Xdeathfire has until 19:31 I think it is to fight the battle. (and upload it)
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-02-2007 at 13:14.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Just finished battle. Sorry for the wait, schools a bit busy. I won and lost 260 men and killed around 1150 with about 300 captured. Battle report will be up and save is uploaded
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast