Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of character thread XVIII

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Default Re: Out of character thread XVIII

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX
    Do my eyes deceive me, or does having too many levels of 'CaptorChivalry' now bestow a morale penalty?
    Yeah, it's been like that for awhile. Luckily, Jan's traits balanced him out. He took a huge hit in army morale with being "the Merciful". But it was balanced by his Courage traits.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Yes, it is for both Dread and Chivalry lines balanced.
    The thing about the Chiv side is that you still get a high chiv but it gives overall more morale than it takes. While for dread you inflict a penalty on the enemy that is larger than the one on your own troops.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guess I could have checked that myself, couldn't I?

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Okay, I'm way behind right now on RL stuff, so I may not get to this before the time limit as I expect it to be a lengthy battle. If that happens there's no need to wait for me. I'll have net access where we're going, but right now I have no idea if I'm even going to leave tonight or tomorrow morning so I couldn't predict how long it will be.

I'm still hoping to get a block of time later and I'll post if I do, but don't hold things up for me.

Don't worry, you still have over 17 or so hours left
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I'm still hoping I'll have time to do this tomorrow morning, but it will depend on traffic and travel times. Everyone else is done?

Sorry, it's that time of year.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

I think AG should be allowed to press end turn when he gets back after lunch today. Ramses battle sounds optional - didn't he not want to fight it in the first place? Presumably, it will keep for 1342.
    Last edited by econ21; 12-22-2007 at 16:48.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

I've just updated my availability in the Duty thread. I will be away Dec 24 and 25.

I hope we will be able to get the defensive battles for 1340 in before that, as I have a suspicion I'll be fighting one, and it's definitely something I don't want autoresolved.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Hi All,

I'm back and Ramses has asked not to fight the battle of Madgeburg. Therefore I'm going to move him and Gibbo as they have instructed and leave Madgeburg besieged and see what happens.

I'm taking the save in a about an hour from now...I'll do my Chancellor thing then press end turn this afternoon which means the defensive battle will begin straight after that.

Taking the save, that it fella's.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 12-22-2007 at 16:53.

Heh quite ambiguous who you are calling an idiot whose extistence needs to be ended in that spoiler AG

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Heh quite ambiguous who you are calling an idiot whose extistence needs to be ended in that spoiler AG
    The Byzantine Captain for the record

I'm in place and the connection here is fine now, so it's probable that I'll be available tonight for any necessary fighting, or tomorrow night, as late as necessary. Shouldn't have to go on reserve or anything, though during the day there's obviously family stuff aplenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP
    I'm in place and the connection here is fine now, so it's probable that I'll be available tonight for any necessary fighting, or tomorrow night, as late as necessary. Shouldn't have to go on reserve or anything, though during the day there's obviously family stuff aplenty.

Thanks for the update Ramses...although you don't get any battles this AI turn...

There are a number of defensive battles to be fought this turn. It would be good if players could pass on the saves in a relay, without waiting for the Chancellor. With defensive battles, there is no need for a middle man.

Warmaster Horus has already fought his battle. Next up is TinCow:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1340-8.zip

After that, we probably have Overknight, Gibson and Cecil in that order. I think Gibson's battle can - and perhaps should - be avoided by retreating. Cecil is not so lucky, although an autoresolve should let the generals escape death.

Please post new saves and short descriptions of results in the Orders thread.

The Byzantines are busy this term. I fear we will find the Emperor is not as forgiving as TinCow was.

I'll keep an eye out for the next save.

Crap I just went and played the middle man...that's the last time I will this AI turn.

The battles are as Econ outlines...Gibson's is not recommended and the Cecil/PK fight was outlined too them before they agreed to their actions...crazy guy's.

You playing middleman didn't slow it down, TC is asleep no doubt. I just wish the Byzzies attacked me first.

Milan looks like a fine mess, but an interesting battle. A two man garrison! Man, think of their morale.

"Hey Bob, where did everyone else go?"

"Shut up Joe! Just man the gate!"

Should be an interesting race between the relief force and the Greeks, do they breach the gates first, or can Lothar reach the rams and tower before that happens?

I did even fight it. I checked the WH fight because I was shocked that the uber stack stuck it's nose in where it shouldn't and I wasn't expecting WH to have to fight.

Then I whizzed through the rest of the AI attacks with autoresolve to get a better feel for who is going to fight.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Awake-ish (no coffee yet). Taking the save, but must caffeinate myself and otherwise mutate into what passes for a human being first. It'll be done when it's done.

Battle fought. Lothar's army came in as reinforcements directly behind the Byzantine army. That meant the closest door to the city was the one they were assaulting, so I couldn't get into the walls before they could. A suicide cavalry charge by my merchants stopped the ram, but the tower still made it and eventually overcame Bob and Joe (the brave bastards). I assaulted the rear of the attack column with everything I had, killed their general, and well over half their army, including almost all their cavalry. However, they massively outnumbered me in infantry and attrition did me in. I held the field, but they took the streets and I had no infantry left to stop them. Milan was taken and exterminated. Lothar's army is no longer battle-worthy.

Battle report will be up today. OverKnight is next.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1340-9.zip

I wonder if AussieGiant should just handle the two defensive "battles" after Overknight's? IIRC, they are just our bodyguards against enemy armies and don't seem worth holding up the game for.

Looks like your armies of god are still wreaking some major havoc there, TC. Eager to read your battle report!

How did Lothar's BG fare btw? Manage to charge down some greeks in the streets or the plaza by running around the rim?

[edit]
    econ: I suppose if the players agree to a withdraw then AG could arrange that. The problem is when the enemy pursues the withdrawaing force and attacks again. Usually generals don't die in autoresolves unless they are in a reinforcing army, have nowhere to retreat to post battle or already have a heavily depleted BG.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 12-23-2007 at 17:15.

I never even got into the streets. I lost on timer due to the square being taken. Only 1 bodyguard survived along with Lothar.

Ouch, that reminds me of Ruppel's last battle.

I'm glad Lothar survived though.

econ: I suppose if the players agree to a withdraw then AG could arrange that. The problem is when the enemy pursues the withdrawaing force and attacks again. Usually generals don't die in autoresolves unless they are in a reinforcing army, have nowhere to retreat to post battle or already have a heavily depleted BG.

AG made things very clear to Cecil and I. We knew what we were getting ourselves into. I'm playing a hot-headed 16 year old who is full of "!@#$ and vinegar" and eager to prove himself. There was no way I was letting Dieter sit this one out.

Duke of Nicosia

Reminds me of Hans running off to get himself kngihted quickly as Budapest and then chasing after the crusaders to join up with them. Ah yes, good times.

Reminds me of Hans running off to get himself kngihted quickly as Budapest and then chasing after the crusaders to join up with them. Ah yes, good times.
    Yeah, it's very much in that vein. It's a fine line between trying to RP your avatar as brave but accidentally making him act "stupid". Of course it's a fine line in real life as well. ^_^

Duke of Nicosia

After OK's battle there is Gibson and the Danish and then Cecil and PK with the Hungarian half stack. When I auto resolved the battle for Gibson and PK they were followed up on and then finally survived and end up in Vienna with Hapsburg.

For both of those battles I don't mind taking specific instructions and finishing off the AI's turn.

Then I can post 1342.

Entertaining battle report TC. Looks like the Italian offensive will have to be delayed.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast