Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIES!!

Default ZOMBIES!!

So if 99.95% of the world turned into zombies and you were under attack where would you be what weapon would you have what time period would it be and what song would you be slaughtering to

Example:

Location: Would have to be Novato, California. Do to spending allot of time thinking about easily defend able positions when walking hoem from bus.

Time period: 1945. Just like the time period

Weapon: BAR and as much ammo as I can fit in a 2-half ton suburban. Like suburban and BARs rock

Song: Sacrifice unto Sebek. By Nile Good song though a little short.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Re: ZOMBIES!!

Any time period before the invention of clips or rounds would be pretty horrible. You'd have only one shot (if using a musket), or have to get into melee combat. Not my idea of fun. My personal choice would be anytime during the 20th century after the invention of penicillin, but before the baby boom explosion of the 1950s. My choice echoes Jkarinen, I'd go for late 1940s. As horrible as it may sound, Hitler and Stalin contributed to the reduction in world population by a few million, thus reducing the number of potential zombies.
    As for the weapons, I prefer accuracy over spray-and-pray. I'd pick the Enfield No.4 MkI. I'm proficient in cold-iron sights, so no scope is needed nor desired for me (gets in the way at close range). For a sidearm, nothing beats the old Browning 1911.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    Any time period before the invention of clips or rounds would be pretty horrible. You'd have only one shot (if using a musket), or have to get into melee combat. Not my idea of fun. My personal choice would be anytime during the 20th century after the invention of penicillin, but before the baby boom explosion of the 1950s. My choice echoes Jkarinen, I'd go for late 1940s. As horrible as it may sound, Hitler and Stalin contributed to the reduction in world population by a few million, thus reducing the number of potential zombies.
    As for the weapons, I prefer accuracy over spray-and-pray. I'd pick the Enfield No.4 MkI. I'm proficient in cold-iron sights, so no scope is needed nor desired for me (gets in the way at close range). For a sidearm, nothing beats the old Browning 1911.
    Ah, but when it comes to Hitler and Stalin reducing the world population, you have to keep in mind what kind of Zombie's we're talking about - 28 Days Later style, spread by disease, or good old fashioned back from the dead type? Because if it's back from the dead types, then Hitler and Stalin have actually contributed hugely to the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Under Kekvits thinking it may be the best to just go in at the end of the black plauge.

Otherwise,

post '45ish like t he others.

M1 nice accurcy range clip based fire dosn't waste ammo as much as full auto does and has a preaty reliable desgin. Also i'd throw in some sort of sorwd proabably a katanna for any thing that gets up close.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Place- Mongol. Flat plane so I get better view

timepriod- Modern. Thats when I can get all the cool guns

Weapon- Handpump shot gun. With many ammo possible. And a knife if possible

Song- "We will rock you" as long as I have ammos left. Soon as im out... "Yesterday" by beatles

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Place, antartica, let the temperature make it easier for me.

Period, right there right now.

Weapon, Jackhammer shotgun, katana.

Song: Eye of the Tiger

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

There's only one weapon to deal with the undead, and Beirut is the one most qualified to use it.

The chainsaw. (For when an axe just doesn't cut it...)

That or Fort Bastion with a couple of platoons of GPMG armed squaddies (whilst I'm sitting in my Warrior)... I reckon that's pretty secure at the moment.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Monthly ZOMBIES! thread

In the Viking ages with a Viking axe OR modern day with a good M4 Carbine.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

BKS's Kingdom of Firepower & The Undead?
    Unto each good man a good dog

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Hehe :P

Well.. I'd preferably have a couple of short, light swords with me. you don't have to reload them.

Place: preferably a place where I have to defend only one side of my body, so let's say the entrance of a cave somewhere in the hills/mountains in Belgium.

Period: doesn't matter. I have to slaughter billions of them, so it will take a while.

Song... hmm.. some violent-text hardcore or so, to keep me motivated. aah, Gabba Front Berlin - Bloodstorm
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

That's strange! I just spent a minute really thinking about this... anyway.

Time: doesn't really matter, actually

Place: somewhere where I can see them. In any case NOT an underground facility...

Weapons: a wide spraying napalm-modified grass sprinkler mounted on an armoured, naqada-powered golf cart. A Mk III romulan disruptor for drive-by shooting.

Song: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, "People just ain't no good"

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Place: A Crashed Plane

Time period: Yesterday

Weapons: Dual Daggers, Rapier, Shotgun and Dual Pistols.

Song: A loop of: Dota Song, I feel like owning Noobs and the credits song from Portal.

Why: Well, on the plane: IM SICK OF THESE ****** ZOMBIES ON THIS ****** PLANE obviously. Dual Daggers is a lot of fun. Im a level 13 Rogue with 7 levels of Blackguard. Rapier so i can fence like Inigo Montoya. Song choice: Dota so i can sing along, and Im owning Nooby zombies. What more could i want?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Place: Anywhere up a ladder with a good food store. Zombies can't climb!

Time period: Not-so-distant future.

Weapon: Half Life 2 zero-point energy manipulator. No need to reload, and effective at many ranges, plus doubles as a tool for building, etc.

Music: Amon Amarth's whole Fate of Norns, because if you're going to be battling a cheesy enemy you need a cheesy metal band to sing you to victory. Some old White Zombie too, just because.

Notes: Just don't be stupid. Zombies are about as threatening as snails with teeth. And if you see a hot chick, sorry, you're going to have to kill her before she gets herself in so much trouble that you sacrifice yourself to save her. Those are the rules.

Location: Anywhere but a base on Mars or any of it's moons. Preferably somewhere defensible.

Time period: 2150 or thereabouts.

Weapons: Plasma rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher, chainsaw.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Place - Virginia

Time - now

Weapons - Barrett .50 cal, 12 gauge shotgun, .30 carbine Automag pistol, chainsaw

Music - Weezer, "Island in the Sun" while shooting from a distance, once hand to hand starts switch to Slayer, "War Ensemble"
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Place & time: Any, as far as I'm concerned.

Weapons: Chainsaw, of course! (With a couple of short swords as backup.)

Song: Always Look On the Bright Side of Life by Monty Python.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

are we talking old time slug zombies or the new speedfreak ones?

anyway...

Place: El Cort Ingles department Store in Lisbon....secure doors...plenty of food and entertainment...good vantage point over the surrounding city blocks.....just knock out the ladders from the first floors and it´s zombie proof

Time period: present, close future

Weapon: M-14 Rifle - Special ops Sniper variant....simple, easy to maintain, accurate, plenty of ammo for this.....and it´s headshot city!
    Glock semi-automatic side-arm.....plenty of ammo.....silenced so as not to attract zombie attention in case I need to be covert.
    a couple of machetes in case things get up-close-and-personal

Music: Motörhead - King of Kings
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jkarinen
    So if 99.95% of the world turned into zombies and you were under attack where would you be what weapon would you have what time period would it be and what song would you be slaughtering to
    Nice thread idea!

Weapon: halberd, curved sword and pistol
    Time period: late 15th century
    Song: Dies irae
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    Place & time: Any, as far as I'm concerned.

Weapons: Chainsaw, of course! (With a couple of short swords as backup.)

Song: Always Look On the Bright Side of Life by Monty Python.
    Good choice! I was wondering though, if you are allowed to use a song in a time period before it existed. Otherwise, I would probably take something like Carmina Burana + Chainsaw (post 1950ies), or Bring your daughter to the slaughter + Spiked club... (Medieval)
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 01-21-2008 at 19:29.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Place: wherever they have that red button to nuke the rest of the world.

Time: Before the zombies are all close to my place.

weapons: a whole lot of ICBMs with nuclear warheads and an M249 SAW with a whole lot of ammunition, maybe a nice sword in addition.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Place: Somewhere on a hill.

Time: Near future

Weapon: AK-47

Song: Freebird-Lynyrd Skynyrd
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Post Re: ZOMBIES!!

Location - A powerful 4x4 of some veriform (preferably one with those bar things on the front)

Time Period: 2090 - being in my early hundreds fighting off a batch of zombies sounds entertaining.

Weapon: The 4x4 and its ability to run down the zombies. Fleeing to an uninhabited area of the world may also be convenient. A gun or shell firing device of some form would also come in handy should the zombies try to make chase, and a few canisters of petrol to refuel when required.

Song: None - music gives me a headache.

But when it comes down to it, if a large percentage of the world was transformed into zombies it would be fairly hard to leave a life of any worth if it was possible to escape to a safe regon. Lack of company would very quickly make life lonely, while lack of access to the very basic commodities would conclude in malnutrition, poor hygiene and eventually death. Although self-sufficiency is an option, the best areas of the world for this are occupied by people, so in these circumstances would be under the control of the zombies.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 01-21-2008 at 22:37.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

I can already see a number of flaws. For a start too many melee weapons. You don't want to get up close and personal with a few hundreds of these things.

Swords can hack off a few limbs but the undead zombie can usually do without a few body parts. The only sure way to kill it is to blow it to bits.

Rifles are another no. Zombies aren't really effected by a few minor perforations and will keep coming at you.

Vehicles are another problem. Eventually it will come to a stop with bits of zombies stuck in the wheel arches and underneath the chassis, then you're done for. Also any kind of nuclear weapon would be a waste of time against the post nuclear radioactive mutant zombies. They would survive these extreme conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by caravel
    Rifles are another no. Zombies aren't really effected by a few minor perforations and will keep coming at you.
    Number one rule of zombies: A single shot to the brain kills it. This is why a single bullet from a rifle (even something as crappy as a .22) is better than an automatic weapon. Would you want to waste your entire clip on a few zombies? I think not.

And another thing... anyone who blares out music while fighting is destined to be the first to die. Wearing earphones dulls the senses, and using a megaphone or speaker attracts more unwanted company.

Also any kind of nuclear weapon would be a waste of time against the post nuclear radioactive mutant zombies. They would survive these extreme conditions.
    In that case they would also survive normal explosives, a nuclear bomb isn't just about radiation, it's rather hot and has a big blast radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    Would you want to waste your entire clip on a few zombies? I think not.
    Clip? You mean chain.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Hence my choice of the Barrett. Nothing minor about the size of it's perforations, plus the extreme range allows you to score headshot after headshot on the slow moving (and non-dodging) horde from a distance.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Time Period: Sometime around 400 B.C.
    Weapons: Bow, arrows, crude axes, traps
    Song: I don't think there was a great choice of music back there...besides, no radio or stereo either. More like a battle chant at best.

Rationale: Malta is an island. Zombies usually can't swim. Population is limited on an island and during that time period. Sustainable fishing.

Alternatively, the same time period and the US wouldn't be too bad either. Not many inhabitants there around that time either and you have a huge continent all for yourself. More varied food sources too.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 01-21-2008 at 22:07.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I can already see a number of flaws. For a start too many melee weapons. You don't want to get up close and personal with a few hundreds of these things.
    But ranged weapons remove the entire cool factor from the zoombie slaughtering
    Under construction...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast