Thread: Who is the best in-game Clan?

Senior Member Senior Member Ratta Yamamoto's Avatar

We all know that there are 8 clans in the game. Which clan do you like the most? I just want to see which is the most famous clan. I, personally,like Simazu clan the most. Which clan do you like the most?

Ratta Yamamoto (Daimyo of Ratta Clan)
    Every samurai heart is their sword, to lose their sword is to die.

Senior Member Senior Member Shadelord's Avatar

I have only used mori

------------------
    now you all have a great day because when night falls there will be hell to pay

Clan Shades Website
    Shades
    now you all have a great day because when night falls there will be hell to pay

Clan Shades Website
    Shades

Shimatzu also....

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ratta Yamamoto:
    [B]We all know that there are 8 clans in the game. Which clan do you like the most? I just want to see which is the most famous clan. I, personally,like Simazu clan the most. Which clan do you like the most?

the bastards have left Simazu off my game disc so I'll have to settle for Takeda ............

------------------
    "Uchigatana" or the 'hitting' sword, 60cm long,wielded with one hand,easily splits plate armour. Musashi says "Whenever you cross swords with an enemy you must not think of cutting him either strongly or weakly; just think of cutting and killing him".
    website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.

Senior Member Senior Member Draksen's Avatar

If I want to win, Hojo with Easy settings...

In fact, there is no clan I like the most...
    perhaps UESUGI, cause Uesugi starts with the province of Hida.
    And my japanese friend is from Takayama, Gifu pref. (former Hida).

------------------

Kazamatsuri clan
    www.geocities.com/draksen
    What I hate the most:

1-discussing politic with ignorant american teens.

2-discussing politic with ignorant british teens.

Oda
    starting in the centre with so many allies is great fun or harder levels
    and storming the emperers palce with YA army vs monks is hilarious
    shimazu are great too, the fist clan i played and one of the best in harder levels, hojo and usegi and least favs of mines coz an early charge gives u enuff koku to take japan at ur lesuire

Hey Shuko, You know who Miyamoto Musashi is? (You must do because you've mentioned his name ). He is a legend of samurai. I admire him so much, wanna be like him. I've got a Japanese cartoon about him as well. The cartoon is call VAGABOND. It's the best Japanese cartoon I've ever read. The drawing is incredable. I saw it in China town in England but you have to be 18 to buy it beacuse it's violent and so aggressive. You can check it out at www.itplanning.co.jp

May the brave samurai live,
    Ratta Yamamoto (Daimyo of Ratta Clan)

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Draksen:

And my japanese friend is from Takayama, Gifu pref. (former Hida).

[/QUOTE]

Draksen in my knowledge Gifu stands for the castle that Oda Nobunaga erected to symbolize the beginning of his uniting-the-nation campaign. If this is true, then Gifu is in Mino. The "capital castle" of Mino.

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Everybody defines "best" differently. But here are my inputs:

"Easiest to play": Everybody votes for Hojo. But this also means boring. (Even boring in the expert level)

"Most fun to play": This depends on which historical figure you know first, and become a fan of him Takeda is a good choice for his cavalry. But personally I dislike Shingen's personality!

"Most frustration": Somebody likes frustration! I guess 99% of frustration comes with the Horde. So Shimazu and Mori are the best.

I also like Oda expert as the challenges come one after one. You gotta fight the ronins in Ise and Emperor province asap, and face enemy from both sides. As the "winner in actual history", Oda in my opinion is the best to play.

Oda Nobunaga did unify most of Japan but was murdered by Akechi Mitsuhida. He was succeeded by his general Toyotomi Hideyoshi who unified a larger portion of Japan, but he also died without ultimate control.

The ultimate winner and the reign that brought the Sengoku Jidai to a close was Tokugawa Ieyasu. He was the one who ended the civil wars and brought down the Bamboo Curtain

imo Takeda is most fun to play Just a bit more fun than imagawa (mainly because of the color )

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ratta Yamamoto:
    [B]Hey Shuko, You know who Miyamoto Musashi is? (You must do because you've mentioned his name ). He is a legend of samurai.

thanks, yes I know who he was and have read a few very factual books about his life. Musashi trained hard and developed new styles of sword fighting, he was so good that everyone else started copying him.He actually 'retired' from fighting and disappeared.

That's right Shuko. Musashi was born in Segihara (something like that ), soth of Japan. Near where Shimazu and Mori Clan was. It was claimed that Musashi was tranied by himself on the mountain when he was a kid. At age of 13 he killed a man who was a vagabond (samurai who travels around to learn more about sword skill). Everyone was affraid of him and it was said that he had won more than 60 battles, undefeated!!! But the truth was he LOST once! At the age of 21 he was traveling about and went to a temple somewhere in south of Japan (can't remember the name of the temple ). there he fought against the leader of the warrior monks of that temple. His name was Unshun (I think). Unshun was also his early 20s. It was a battle of their life time. Musashi put up a great fight but lost badly. Afraid of dieing, Musashi ran away cowardly. He later on felt very bad about running away and not facing death. So he waited for his wound to recover. While recovering he was also trained by master of Unshun. I know it sounds strange but it's because master felt that Unshun was to confident in himself and Musashi can make Unshun feel fear. So Musashi fought against Unshun again. This time in the mountain, where Musashi is very familair with, and Musashi won. After that they both became good friends, and Musashi move on with his long journey. I don't know what happen next because I only have up to volume 9 of this japanese cartoon (it's based on Musashi's real life).
    This cartoon has a website at www.itplanning.co.jp

Ratta Yamamoto (Daimyo of Ratta Clan) www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Ratta

not sure of that one fight you mention or the cartoon's historical accuracy. Will have to get some books out of the library again.........sigh(Alzheimers).......

Basically, most of what we *certainly* know about Musashi is that he was a blademaster in the early 1600s and that he wrote the Book of the Five Rings, a Zen-Buddhist philosophical treatise on sword fighting. Accounts detailing his individual battles are usually more or less legend; I hadn't heard that one before.

There are several threads on Musashi on the Japanese History Forum.

------------------
    "6. Melyo: honor and glory."

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 06-05-2001).]
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

I love the Hojo. Those rich bastards can be a big pain in the butt for heir enemies!

------------------
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

Well, I can't be sure that the cartoon is exactly 100% accurate. But yesterday, when I went home and read it more carefully (I shouldn't be doing this, I've got exams in 2 days!!! ). According to the cartoon, it says that it's a translation from a Book called 'Miyamoto Musashi', which was written by 'Eji Yoshigawa'. So what ever it says in the cartoon is what it says in the book. Also, according to the book the fight when Musashi lost was not recorded in the history because those 2 fights was watched by the master of Oso-In temple. And the master said that each one of them won 1 lost 1, therefore it counted each other out, and will not be recored in the history of Oso-In worriors. So may be that's why it's not in some of the books.
    Anyway, thanks to everyone of you who talks about Musashi. If you know great battle of his please let me know.

Ratta Yamamoto (Daimyo of Ratta Clan) www.rattaclan.homestead.com