Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Of Destiny and Duty: A Galatian AAR

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Default Re: Of Destiny and Duty: A Galatian AAR

Hey, silently and hidden reading this fine stuffe while the past days. It's very good, keep the work. To your question: I didn't have had (ohh my grammar) any problems with the EB:BI installer, should work fine. And it really increase the AI-movements. In my PONTOS campaign, Maks are currently besieging Syracusae while the west-med islands are under quartat.... (sp.) and some quart.FM's making holidays in Liguria. Very fine for me
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Zoodling Millipede Member Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar

Chapter VII - Rivalry

Kyros was glad to be back with his family. He was now 18, and ready to take on the duties befitting a man. He was a well-learned young man; anyone could see that he was destined to be a great scholar.

After years of study, Kyros was on the way to becoming a top-notch administrator, as well as one of the prominent thinkers of his time. He also benefited from the unwavering support of his father.

Artan was a strong, brawny boy of 17. He hadn’t seen his brother in years. He was both glad to see his brother, and yet, something held him back. He always felt that Kyros was the favored of the two; that their father had always loved his Greek son rather than his Celtic son. It wasn’t the things that Timothsenes did, rather the things he didn’t do. His father always seemed so involved with Kyros; admonishing him to continue his studies, delighting in his triumphs, and even making the long trip to Greece several times in the year to visit Kyros.

Artan managed to deal with the disappointments. He loved his father, and realized that every man has his faults. Still, he was held back by a measure of jealousy deep within him.

To counteract the difficulties with his father, Artan sought consolation elsewhere. Being an active and energetic boy, he sometimes funneled his energies in the wrong directions. He became a bully in town, lording his strength over his fellows. This got him into trouble on many occasions. But Artan was a natural leader, and though he applied it perhaps in the wrong way, he began to take his place as a prominent man in his village.

With such different personalities and skills, the brothers had great potential. If they worked together, combining their abilities, they could rise to greatness. If they allowed their differences to come between them, it could cause the ruin of them both.
    Artan was beginning to feel considerable irritation at his brother’s presence. It seemed that the whole village was enthralled with Kyros; he was on top of the world.

“I don’t see, brother, how all these books of yours can do you much good. They are not a man’s pursuits. I think you would sit around in the house as a woman does!”

“Ah, but you speak without knowledge, Artan. You scoff at what you cannot possess. There is a whole world out there of which you have no understanding!”

Artan responded, “I need no knowledge of the outside. I have what I need; I can hunt and fight as well as any man. Is that not the highest duty? To defend home and family? What would you do; throw your books at the enemy?” Artan scoffed.

“You may be successful in your lot,” Kyros shot back, “but you will never achieve anything greater. You can hunt; good for you. You can throw pointed sticks and swing a club. I will rise to power to command thousands like you. Who will bring honor and protection to the family then? Look at the great and famous men of our people. Did not they all possess great learning?”

“Bah! Look at you; your smooth clothes and pretty words. I can hardly stand the sight of you.” Artan was beginning to lose his temper.

“And I can hardly stand your smell,” said Kyros wryly.

“You swine! You’re so smug. You have had everything handed to you without effort. Father has tended you like a lamb; you’ve had need for nothing! And I have had to fight for what I have. So go back to your books! I can’t stand the sight of you a moment longer. I will tell you one thing: you will never rule over me!”

Artan stormed out of the hut like a wild man. His mind was reeling with anger and resentment.

Kyros sat down with a sigh. He had not realized that such frustration had built up in his brother’s heart. He would give him a chance to cool off, and talk to him later. He simply couldn’t be reasoned with now; he was so childish sometimes. Perhaps his father would know what to do.
    OF DESTINY AND DUTY: A GALATIAN AAR
    Preview of the Week:

And then check out my ANCIENT WEAPONS STUDY

My balloons: x 8

whoa a new angle with nothing to grab onto but what is written.... I like it
    The path is nameless - Lao Tse

Hey, silently and hidden reading this fine stuffe while the past days. It's very good, keep the work. To your question: I didn't have had (ohh my grammar) any problems with the EB:BI installer, should work fine. And it really increase the AI-movements. In my PONTOS campaign, Maks are currently besieging Syracusae while the west-med islands are under quartat.... (sp.) and some quart.FM's making holidays in Liguria. Very fine for me
    Cool! Now I just have to overcome my fright at uninstalling a mod that is so hard to reinstall.

It's not so bad really, except my PC is Vista, and I had to mess with the security settings to make it work...

Glad you like! Most encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality=Chaos View Post
    whoa a new angle with nothing to grab onto but what is written.... I like it
    Yes, I hope it doesn't throw you off. At this point, John is reading his manuscript, which is my Pontic AAR. Or, I should say, it will become my Pontic AAR.

So in effect it is two stories in one. Hopefully you will be able to get used to Kyros and Artan; they will be very important.

2 more questions:

1. What do you guys think? Does it flow well, or is it too abrupt?

2. Is it believable??? I VERY much want to know whether or not it comes across as authentic and believable!
    Preview of the Week:

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

1. I like it, it flows well and isn't too complex
    2.Believable, yes. The only thing that I was concerned about was, Why the galatians were so eager to accept an outsider. Other than that, it is good.

1. Splendid; I hope yo uare not alone.

2. Ah, good point. Well, you see, it made sense in my head...

Actually, my rationale was that, thought he would be an outsider, the Galatians respected him for his strength and skill in battle.

And every Gaul respects courage, right?

That's what I was thinking, anyways.

But that's good. I was mostly concerned that the transition from one story to another would be smooth and believable.
    Preview of the Week:

Oh, I didn't think about it like that before. I take it back, it makes sense now.

The transition was fine for me, I mean, it was just the soldier reading right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    Oh, I didn't think about it like that before. I take it back, it makes sense now.

The transition was fine for me, I mean, it was just the soldier reading right?
    I should have specified that... somewhere...

I'll get around to it.

Anyways thanks 4 the criticism! Always like to make it better.

Howz urs going??? We need to see more of Mandubracious!
    Preview of the Week:

Eh, I'm haveing trouble with decideing how to make it move faster. It's going quite a bit slow isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    Eh, I'm haveing trouble with decideing how to make it move faster. It's going quite a bit slow isn't it.
    Yeah, but that's OK. Quality is also desirable. And that you have, my friend.

Actually, the reason that I'm going so fast now is because I'm not playing a campaign yet.

So I get a big time bonus there.

Anyways, my weapons study has been going for... months now I think. Been quite a while since my last update. So don't even THINK about feeling bad!
    Preview of the Week:

1. What do you guys think? Does it flow well, or is it too abrupt?

I think it flows well... Not too abrupt at all.... I like a bit of abruptness tbh... When you have virtually no background info about something it makes you pay attention to what you read more

2. Is it believable??? I VERY much want to know whether or not it comes across as authentic and believable!

It's believable enough for me so far... You got the whole crusader mindset beautifully.... as for the EB part, well still a bit early to sya anything about it... so far I like it though....
    The path is nameless - Lao Tse

Hey guys! I finally fixed the defective cropping on my pics! I might edit them a little more later.

Also, I added a headline-sorta pic at the beginning of Chapter I.

Thanks Vasiliyi for the assistance!

OK, Chapter VIII coming later in the evening! We are moving into more action!

I just have to collect the pics and post.
    Preview of the Week:

Hey everybody!

I'm sorry, I 4got to post yesterday.

I mowed somebody's lawn, came home, and vegged for a while... it slipped my mind.

Plus, other things were on my mind b/c I just started doing RTW online.

So anyways sorry about that, but I WILL post 2 chapters today.
    Preview of the Week:

Hallooooo!! is someone there? Member J.R.M's Avatar

Don´t worry

Awesome idea for an AAR!, seriously. Now i hope Artan doesn´t kill or treason Kyros, they could make an awesome work trying conquering the World!! Muhahahaha!

Congrats for ya!

Ahora mas que nunca, FUERZA CABROS!! ¡Viva Chile! Thrash till Death!

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.M View Post
    Don´t worry

Awesome idea for an AAR!, seriously. Now i hope Artan doesn´t kill or treason Kyros, they could make an awesome work trying conquering the World!! Muhahahaha!

Congrats for ya!
    Hehe that they could...

Finally next two chapters coming.
    Preview of the Week:

'K guys I will post the 2 chapters but I'm afraid the pics will have to wait until morning. Takes a little longer y'know.

Sorry. I've been entangled in TW multiplayer. so nice to have intelligent opponents for a change. :)
    Preview of the Week:

Chapter VIII - Assault

Artan ran to his favorite spot in the woods, where he could be alone. He didn’t care if he saw Kyros again in a hundred years. The nerve of that scholar, to come barging in to his world and stealing favor in the village; how could he –

Artan stopped. His keen ears picked up sounds of movement. He climbed up a tree to get a better look. He could see a group of men stealing through the forest. A raiding party! He must warn the village!

He quickly got to the ground and flew toward the village. He heard a shout behind him; he’d been spotted. In a moment arrows began to fly past him; he ran faster. Soon he outdistanced his pursuers.

He finally reached the village. After catching his breath, he ran into the council chamber in the center of town.

“They’re coming! The Trocmii are coming!”

The Trocmii, along with Artan’s tribe, the Tolistobogii, and the Tectosages, were the descendants of three Gallic tribes that migrated to Galatia many years before. The Tolistobogii and Trocmii had fallen out after territorial disputes, and were sworn enemies.

The village chieftain came out of the council chamber and had his trumpeters sound the alarm. There was not much time; the Trocmii had to be close. The chieftain gathered all the men nearby and marched out to meet them. There would be much blood spilt in the hours to come.

The hastily assembled militia of the Tolistobogii took up positions in the trees. Artan was ahead of the rest, watching for the enemy and preparing to signal the others. Soon he spied a slight glare of light on armor; he could make out men’s shapes moving toward him. When they were within only a few feet, Artan let out a fierce war cry. His companions sprang out of the trees and steeled themselves for the grim work that was to follow.

Kyros was also with the army. He rushed a surprised Trocmii soldier and slit his throat. Kyros’ training had not been solely academic; he had received a little training in the Athenian levies. He ran up to another man; this one seemed prepared. Kyros swung his dagger at him; the man dodged his strike and dealt him a blow to the face with a club. Kyros fell back, but managed to roll away from his assailant’s next blow. Scraping some dust from the ground, he flung it in the raider’s face, blinding him. He then finished him off quickly.

He moved on; he had no time to think, only to act. He ran into another enemy soldier and was knocked off his feet, and his dagger flew out of his hand. Before the Trocmii warrior could react, though, a spear pierced through his chest; it was Artan.

Artan looked at his brother for a moment, smirking at his clumsiness. But there was no time to gloat; he moved on, seeking another foe. Already he had killed three.

Finally, the enemy had enough. The would-be raiders ran off to their homes.

“Look at the cowardly dogs,” Artan roared. “See how nimbly they run!”

Kyros sat down for a moment; he felt dazed. He had drilled in Athens for a while, but this was not what he expected. He hadn’t had time to think about what he was doing.

He saw the surprised face of the first man he had killed, and the pained look on the face of the other. Suddenly he felt sick. He dashed behind a large tree and soon his stomach seemed to heave out his throat. He let it all out.

Artan came up behind him. “Too sweaty for you, was it?” He laughed. “Go home to your books; they’ll comfort you, perhaps.” Still, although he would never admit it, Artan was impressed by his brother’s willingness to do what needed to be done. Clumsy and bookish though he may be, Artan thought, he is certainly no coward.

So the day’s work was done, and the men trod off to their homes. Some took souvenirs from their recently deceased foes. All in all, it had been a decisive victory
    Last edited by Ariovistus Maximus; 07-14-2009 at 18:50.
    Preview of the Week:

Chapter IX - Retribution

Early the next morning, the village chieftain called all the men together.

“The Trocmii must pay for the attempt they made on our lives. Also, our losses must be avenged. I call on each man of fighting age to prepare himself for battle. This day may be fierce, but I guarantee you that it will be short after the crushing blow we dealt them yesterday!”

Artan was already fit and ready to fight. He was to lead a group of young men in the assault, and was eager to prove himself. He was also in high spirits after discovering that Kyros was to be a part of his group; he would test his brother’s abilities to the limits today.

Kyros, on the other hand, had spent a fitful night. He couldn’t stop thinking about those two men; two men that would not see their families again due to his own blade. And what would come of tomorrow?

So the two brothers joined the column of men bound for the Trocmii village. They still hadn’t really spoken since their argument, and they were both still upset by it. But there was no time for that now.

The men marched silently, each man searching the trees for an ambushing party. There was none.

Then one of the men signaled the others to stop. He looked carefully ahead of him. He could see smoke! The men crept up closer.

It was a Trocmii scouting party, resting in a clearing. How foolish of them to start a fire! They would pay for their mistake. Artan took his men to the edge of the clearing. Each man picked a target. At Artan’s shout, they hurled their javelins into the enemy. They hardly made a sound; they just toppled over, dead.

Artan and his men ran to investigate their victims, making sure they were dead. After this was done, they left the bodies for the crows and moved on.

It was a few hours later that the small army reached the Trocmii village. By this time, the men had been preparing themselves mentally for some time; they were ready for what had to be done. Some of them gloried in it. Others wished there was another way.

The village chieftain assigned each of his captains a target. Artan’s group was to burn the enemy warlord’s longhouse. It was the best-protected building in the village, being surrounded by a stockade of sharpened stakes, and was the key to victory.

Artan considered the problem at hand. He smiled to himself. Let us see what that little scholar can do now, he thought.

“Kyros! Get over here,” Artan commanded with an authoritative tone. He was enjoying the opportunity to assert his rank over his brother.

“Yes, Artan?”

Artan growled. “SIR! You will give me the respect I demand as your superior!”

“Yes, sir.” Artan could see that his brother was chafing at the embarrassment, but Kyros was too wise to let his temper get the better of him.

“Your mission is to fire the chieftain’s longhouse. The rest of my men will occupy the chieftain’s guard. You must slip into the house and set it alight.”

“Can’t I at least have a few men, sir? That house is a strong defensive position! Why, I should need at least –“

Artan cut him short. “No! I need all my men to fight the Trocmii warlord’s bodyguard. You will accompany us inside, and then separate from the group and light the house.” Artan walked away before Kyros could protest further.

Kyros couldn’t believe his brother. How could he act so foolishly with so much at stake? No matter; he wouldn’t beg Artan for help. He would show his brother that what raw muscle could do well, muscles guided by quick wits could do better.

Finally, the village chief ordered his men forward with a shout. Artan’s group moved into town from the west. They met a few Trocmii warriors on their way in, but they were not prepared, having relied on their scouting parties to warn them in advance of impending danger. The Trocmii were cut down as they fled for their homes.

However, by the time they reached the center of town, the alert had been sounded, and hardy Trocmii warriors were assembling in the street, armed to the teeth for battle.

Artan glanced at his brother. What on earth…?

Kyros was running in step with the other warriors, carrying a long spear in one hand and a torch in the other. What does he intend to do? Batter the longhouse stockade with that spindly stick?

Kyros’ heart was thumping with excitement. Would his plan work? He’d seen it done in Athens, and practiced some in the gymnasium, but certainly not in these conditions. He said a quick prayer to Nike and forged ahead. As the others charged into the mass of Trocmii warriors, Kyros held back and waited to make sure he wouldn’t be spotted.

Then his eyes fixed on his target: the stockade. He ran up to it, pitched his torch over the side, and then ran back.

Artan looked back. The fool! Does he think the fire will spread to the house? The worthless dog! I’ll see that he’s punished for such incompetence!

But then Kyros stopped. He turned around, facing the wall. He started to run. He gained speed, using every ounce of energy in his body to build up momentum. His spear was raised over his head.

Just before reaching the stockade wall, he dug the spear into the ground and vaulted into the air. Pushing down on the spear, Kyros propelled himself higher. Twisting his body, he just cleared the spikes on top of the wall. He tumbled to the ground and hit it with a bone-jarring thud.

Artan gutted the man facing him, then looked back. WHAT?! By Teutatis! Kyros is flying! How –

Kyros got up quickly and collected himself. He seized his torch and ran to the longhouse. He glanced at the warlord’s troops; they were busy at the gate to the building, paying no attention to Kyros moving in behind them.

Kyros hurled his torch onto the longhouse roof. The fire caught on the thatching and spread quickly. Soon the entire roof was engulfed in flames. He heard screams. Several women ran out of the house and into the courtyard, coughing from the smoke they had inhaled.

Kyros ran behind the house and hid in some bushes. He couldn’t vault back over the wall; he had to hope that he would be able to exit through the gate.

He didn’t have long to wait. Upon seeing the burning longhouse and their women stumbling out of the building, many of the warlord’s men lost heart. Some surrendered, others ran, and some fell on their own swords.

The day was a complete triumph; the men of the house of Timothsenes were lauded as the bravest and best warriors of the tribe. After news of this victory spread through the countryside, they need not fear an attack for some time to come.

Last edited by Ariovistus Maximus; 07-12-2009 at 03:40.
    Preview of the Week:

Hallooooo!! is someone there? Member J.R.M's Avatar

Good chapters. Go Kyros!

I don´t want to pressure you but.. How´s going your third chapter of "Ancient weapons study"??

Ahora mas que nunca, FUERZA CABROS!! ¡Viva Chile! Thrash till Death!

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.M View Post
    Good chapters. Go Kyros!

I don´t want to pressure you but.. How´s going your third chapter of "Ancient weapons study"??
    LOL! I'm havin' a little trouble...

I'm doing it with supplementary screenshots from EB; takes a while.

ANYWAYS GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE IS READING THAT STUDY!!! Nobody comments in that thread. Dunno why.

I really need to stop playing TW online...

YEAH EVERYBODY I will need to take a breather for a day or two. Get all the screenshots up, etc.

I don't want to keep posting screenshot-less chapters. I have good ones for the above 2 chapters btw.

So sorry for the holdup; will be back up in a day or two.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Ariovistus Maximus; 07-05-2009 at 04:10.
    Preview of the Week:

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Wink Re: Of Destiny and Duty: A Galatian AAR

Bravo sir, im salivating at the mouth. as i said before i will review it. (drumroll) i give it a 5 out of 5. However, if you do not finish i will withdraw my very impressive review.

Seriously though i love it. i dont play much eb but know im getting the urge to fire it back up. The chapter length is perfect and i dont have to wince through an excellent story because of bad grammar.

Here have a balloon

Please take a nice, but not too long break, i definitely do not want this aar dying
    Last edited by Centurion1; 07-07-2009 at 03:06.

Member Member the man with no name's Avatar

Cool AAR dude. Very interesting.
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post

Steppe battles are very long, but the wars are short.

Infantry battles aren't as long, but the wars are much longer.

-gamegeek2
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Julii

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    Bravo sir, im salivating at the mouth. as i said before i will review it. (drumroll) i give it a 5 out of 5. However, if you do not finish i will withdraw my very impressive review.

Seriously though i love it. i dont play much eb but know im getting the urge to fire it back up. The chapter length is perfect and i dont have to wince through an excellent story because of bad grammar.

Here have a balloon

Please take a nice, but not too long break, i definitely do not want this aar dying
    Wow! thank you Centurion! Very encouraging!

I am most honored by the balloon.

And DON'T WORRY, the only way this AAR will die is if a raving lunatic breaks into my house and bashes the pc to pieces with a bat. < Kinda like that.

I just had to pause for a minute to collect myself. Once I get going, I still plan on a chapter a day.

So I guess it will end up being something like a chapter a day for a week, pause to collect myself, another chapter a day week, and so on.

The fault is mostly on the part of playing online.

Cool AAR dude. Very interesting.
    Thank you!

You know, when I used to read people's AARs and they'd say stuff like "oh your comments make me want to keep going on" etc. I thought they were just being nice.

But now I'm writing one I see how much it helps to get feedback.

On the TWC (!!!) I'm getting like no comments. Erg. Annoying.

Anyways thanks guys and thrilled to see you enjoy it!
    Preview of the Week:

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

take it. you deserve it. I'm a lazy ass who dropped AARs for EB II.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Counter-Revolutionary Member BerkeleyBoi's Avatar

I like the story so far, keep up the good work! When do we get to see some screenshots from your EB campaign?

take it. you deserve it. I'm a lazy ass who dropped AARs for EB II.
    Wow! Thanks.

Really, though, I don't deserve all these balloons. Not yet, anyways. When the AAR is FINISHED, THEN they will be deserved perhaps.

Anyways, I am really thrilled though that you liked it that much!

I like the story so far, keep up the good work! When do we get to see some screenshots from your EB campaign?
    Thank you very much, and an excellent question.

Well, I'm not playing a campaign yet. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

But I will be playing a PONTIC campaign in a few chapters.

And there will not be a medieval campaign. However, this is not the end of Sir John's story...
    Preview of the Week:

SOOOOOO... I am FINALLY going to get cracking at this AAR again.

Sorry for the week-long intermission. You know how it is when you have a number of obligations that start getting behind... kinda makes you crash.

But now I am starting up again.

And, to the few faithful in my Ancient Weapons Study, I am working on that too.

So tonight I will work on screenshots and get the above two chapters all screenied up, and then I will post the next one, and THEN I will continue to work on the weapons study, which I keep wanting to add stuff to, which makes it take longer.
    Preview of the Week:

Chapter X - The Suffering City

Constantinople, 1453 A.D.

My eyes were getting tired; I put away the scroll for a while. But it was quite a fascinating story. I wondered who had written it. Perhaps I would find out later in the story.

I looked over at Godwin. That old giant was strong as an ox. He was healing well, and would be able to walk around soon. I myself had been in the infirmary for two and one-half weeks, and would be able to leave soon enough.

I longed to be with my men, although as the days passed I saw more and more of them join me in the infirmary. They told me of others that had perished in combat. It made my heart sick to hear it, yet at the same time I was glad to know that they had finally found peace. What, I thought, is another few days of living? Of what moment is it whether I die today or tomorrow? My only wish was to die in combat as a man, not on my knees as a slave. I knew that Godwin wished the same.

I went out and walked through the city. Occasionally I heard a dull thud in the distance and then the sharp crash of a cannon ball hitting a building. The Turks fired into the city every now and then to pressure us and deprive us of rest.

Looking around the city, I was amazed at how it had changed since Godwin and I had arrived six months ago. It was so bare. It looked as lean and starved as the men who defended it.

I saw an old woman rummaging around desperately for anything that could possibly be contrived to be food. At the sight of me she ran back into her house. I decided it would be pointless to chide her for disobedience of the rules. What did it matter now? Sultan Mehmed II would have his way eventually, whether she left her house or not.

I moved farther in to the center of town. I was struck by a dreadful, reeking stench, and the most sobering sight of my life. Piles upon piles of bodies. There was apparently not time nor manpower to take care of them all.

I ran with the little strength I had back toward the infirmary. Such things were not to be seen The lives that had long left those bodies had had little enough dignity when they were alive. A person should at least have dignity after death.

I could not hold it back; I wept bitterly. For those poor souls, for myself and Godwin, for my family that would never see me again, I wept. God have mercy on us.

Having my fill of fresh air (such as it was), I went to visit with Godwin. I tried to shove those sights out of my mind, to block them from my memory.

“How are you feeling today, my friend?”

“Ahhh,” Godwin sighed, “I am decently well, all things considered. I simply chafe at this miserable inactivity, though. I feel that I grow fatter and more sluggardly by the day.”

I laughed. “Oh, Godwin, it will be many months of sitting down before your muscle loses its tone. You were incredible in that last fight with the Turks, you know.”

“Aye. I fear my success will only warrant greater punishment if they take me alive. By the looks of the men coming in, even the healthiest are lean and baggy-eyed. I think we cannot hold for long. I fear I may not be at your side when the end comes.”

“Worry not yourself, Godwin. You will be up soon.”

“Soon I may recover, but I think that our defenses will crumble sooner.”

“Indeed. Well, we shall see, shan’t we?”

“Aye, that we shall, John.”

I let Godwin go back to sleep, and wandered around the building. I walked around and visited other men I served with. They too were in low spirits. Months of fighting had taken its toll. The men were becoming too weary to fight on.

But Godwin’s words stuck in my mind. I feared that he was right; we couldn’t hold out for much longer. I was further convinced by the sobering graveyard in the center of town. The day of the city’s fall was not far off.

Having nothing to occupy my mind except the horrible scenes of that afternoon, I went back to my manuscript. It was a comfort to me to be taken to another world, a different time and place than the misery I lived daily.
    Last edited by Ariovistus Maximus; 07-12-2009 at 03:39.
    Preview of the Week:

And there you have it.

All the chapters are updated; they have all the screens they need, and various asthetic fixes have been made.

And I added today's chapter.

We are under way once again!

Note, however, that not all chapters have screenshots. Some parts of the story are for the purpose of character development and to make you feel like you're in the story; not much screenshot material.

However, I like them, as I know many of you do, and they are important to the story.

Thanks!
    Preview of the Week:

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Excellent i was a little frightened that you werent coming back for a little while but now i understand that you were simply building up the suspense lol. Cant wait for the next chapter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast