Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your EB empires!

Default Re: Post your EB empires!

When you click "Reply" and then "Go Advanced", you'll see a button in the lower part of the screen that says "Manage Attachments". You can probably do it from there ;)
    This space intentionally left blank.

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Originally Posted by SwissBarbar
    Wait, I told not the truth ^^ I just realized, that I got 105 Provinces, meaning enough for the Augustan Reforms. Must have had the number of Provinces in mind, which I had before conquering Mikra Asia. Since I have more than 400 battles fought, the Augustan reforms now only depend on the right FM to come.
    Yes, the Ptolemaioi did all except Baktria by themselves. Baktria was defeated by the Pahlava. The greatest strength the Ptolies had, was when they used to posses all they have now PLUS all of Egypt and Mikra Asia. For example:

This is 160 BC:

And this is 104 BC:

Now imagine the Ptolemaic Empire in between these Dates, f.e. 130 BC. It was an insane fight. They had fullstacks of elite troops with experience they gained in their fights against AS, Baktria, Pahlava and the Hay. I lost about 30'000 soldiers to conquer Egypt alone.

30´000 losses?! That's like what, 10 fullstacks?! Can't imagine what kind of manpower The Yellow Feever have in that case.
    Fighting all those gold chevroned elite fullstacks must have been a pain in the duck, hopefully in EB II the Ptolemaio will be weakened, they always seem to blitz the east.
    Last edited by Arthur, king of the Britons; 02-16-2010 at 01:10. Reason: I'm an idiot.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, king of the Britons View Post
    hopefully in EB II the Ptolemaio will be weakened, they always seem to blitz the east.
    Agreed. Them and the AS. Having played the AS, I can say that if you weather the first 20-30 turns, the rest of the campaign is easy as pie. The one hard part towards the end for me was the invasion of mainland Greece, where I was sustaining heavy casualties. Otherwise it was really easy. Pahlava needs to be strengthened. The Ptolemaioi need...something. Maybe a less stable public order so that there might be more revolts - I remember reading about a pretty nasty one they had in Polybius. Although I'm not nearly enough of an expert to say whether or not that revolt was typical. Another thought, maybe they should get a lot of bad traits as time goes on to represent the inbreeding customs that they picked up from the Egyptians. -M
    My Balloons:

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mulceber View Post
    Agreed. Them and the AS. Having played the AS, I can say that if you weather the first 20-30 turns, the rest of the campaign is easy as pie. The one hard part towards the end for me was the invasion of mainland Greece, where I was sustaining heavy casualties. Otherwise it was really easy. Pahlava needs to be strengthened. The Ptolemaioi need...something. Maybe a less stable public order so that there might be more revolts - I remember reading about a pretty nasty one they had in Polybius. Although I'm not nearly enough of an expert to say whether or not that revolt was typical. Another thought, maybe they should get a lot of bad traits as time goes on to represent the inbreeding customs that they picked up from the Egyptians. -M
    I as far as I remember revolts was not too uncommon in the AS and the Ptolematic empire, the loyalty feature in MTW II will probably come in handy.
    And about the inbreeding, it really sucks that you can't marry princesses to their brothers, would make for some interesting roleplaying don't you think?

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, king of the Britons View Post
    30´000 losses?! That's like what, 10 fullstacks?! Can't imagine what kind of manpower The Yellow Feever have in that case.
    Fighting all those gold chevroned elite fullstacks must have been a pain in the duck, hopefully in EB II the Ptolemaio will be weakened, they always seem to blitz the east.
    Indeed. That's what was insane. I mean.. it's not the first time that I have fought a great ptolemaic empire, but indeed the first time that they defended them so well. I must say, that I never replay lost battles, retreat, if the losses get too high, and I see that the battle is lost (though this depends from the general's traits) and I never place one Unit upon another to get denser formations, etc. I had to train new soldiers permanently in Italy and Spain to compensate the losses. But it was pretty fun.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Ptolemaioi have no reforms yet, I suggest a reform that will make Machimoi (phalanx, infantry and cavalry) recruitable (some kind of Raphia reform), so that they can't pump out too many fullstacks early on, only later.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

ow! Impressive empires Fluvius Camillus nice screenshots. My Seleucid Empire is almost at the world domination atm, will post pics later.

Death to all the overnice greeks and romani!!! Death to the so called "civilized"!
    Stinking Rrrratttsss!!!

Nice empires, all.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    Ptolemaioi have no reforms yet, I suggest a reform that will make Machimoi (phalanx, infantry and cavalry) recruitable (some kind of Raphia reform), so that they can't pump out too many fullstacks early on, only later.

~Fluvius
    Come to think about it, the recruiment system in MTW II with recruiment pools is not as blitz-friendly as the recruitment system in RTW, it will probably suit EB better.
    And some kind of reform for Ptolemaio would be nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hayasdan.jpg 
Views:	1296 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	421

Got lucky in that AS didn't bother me until 263BC and sent piddly little armies I could easily deal with. Used FD a bit to try and get Pahlava, Pontos and Baktria to actually do something, but only Pahlava actually has. That Ptolemaioi army besieging Karkathiokerta is thanks to the genius of the AI - "My god we now share a miniscule border, I guess we better go to war"

Cool Hay Empire.
    IDK if Ptoly-Reforms help. If the Ptolies are too weak the AS will go crazy with a great empire. Somehow both must be stopped from eating each other and then having an insane Empire.

Nice Hay Empire indeed, a difficult faction at best. Well done Sir.

I think the way to avoid either the Yellow Fever or the Grey Death is to have high discontent in their cities somehow. I just had a go at WRI in BI and there is nothing that curbs your ambitions as high discontent and ruined economy combined.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Nice Hay Empire indeed, a difficult faction at best. Well done Sir.

I think the way to avoid either the Yellow Fever or the Grey Death is to have high discontent in their cities somehow. I just had a go at WRI in BI and there is nothing that curbs your ambitions as high discontent and ruined economy combined.
    Yeah that ought to do it, I'm not sure where I read it but I remember that the team stated that they are going to change the base public order from 100% to 50% in EB II.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Cool Hay Empire.
    IDK if Ptoly-Reforms help. If the Ptolies are too weak the AS will go crazy with a great empire. Somehow both must be stopped from eating each other and then having an insane Empire.
    Well, it is quite historical that they eat up each other, they are sworn enemies and if Rome did not interfere in history, the decaying Ptollies would have been taken by the Seleukids. Imagine both lands combined under someone like Antiochos III Megas Or IV Epiphanes. Both empires had a good chance to become one of the dominant empires of the time, instead of the Romani. But Romani never expand east in my campaigns, so they don't interfere as in history, so apart from the annoyance of fighting fullstacks, there is nothing strange about it.

~Fluvius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Nice Hay Empire indeed, a difficult faction at best. Well done Sir..
    Few tough battles but it was mostly done with the troops I started off with - now silver chevron Caucasian Archers and Eastern Slingers. My 2nd king died just after I had gotten Karkathiokerta through treaty - the AI being smart for once - which made for a great RP moment - he'd spent his life uniting the Caucasus and died in peace knowing his dream was complete.

Ok, I have a quck question:

How the heck did I just win? The map says I'm supposed to have the Kyrene, Paraitonion, Alexandreia and Bocchoris. I don't, yet somehow I've still been given victory by the computer.

-M
    My Balloons:

How the heck did I just win? The map says I'm supposed to have the Kyrene, Paraitonion, Alexandreia and Bocchoris. I don't, yet somehow I've still been given victory by the computer.

-M
    I think it's because the maps aren't correct, you should look at the Vistory conditions trait.
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

But, in EB 1.2 you need to have Kyrene in order to win as KH, so you shouldn't have won. Unless you are playing EB 1.0 or 1.1 and victory conditions were changed.

I'm playing 1.1, although I'm pretty sure I didn't change any victory conditions - at least, I can't think of any way by which I might have done so. -M
    My Balloons:

I mean that EB team may have changed victory conditions in EB 1.2 and they are different from the ones in EB 1.1 . Victory condition maps were made for 0.80 or 1.0 (I remember seeing a post about it), so they are outdated. You should look at your FL victory conditions trait or press the "?" button in faction overview screen (but that may not work as you have already won).

Just checked my faction leader's scroll and here's what I found:

So apparently I did win legitimately. =D Although I must say, I'm surprised by how few settlements the KH must hold - I mean, sure, they're very disparate, and I suppose that's what makes for the challenge, but still, not very many. I mean, I didn't even really need to conquer Asia Minor. -M
    My Balloons:

-M

Cool KH empire that, and quite alot of money in your purse.

Makedonia 258 B.C

Got a bit of a situation

Well here is my current situation. I sort of admit I blitzed to conquer Greece. I defeated KH in Greece by 269 BC (Would of been earlier only I decided to try Starve Sparta instead of having to try defeat Spartan Hoplites in the city center . Suprisingly, Pyrrhos decided to walk away from Pella in turn 1. And he would live to regret it.

I sent Antigonos back to Pella. By this time he was 50 and his movement points restricted. I couldnt really afford to lose ground, I needed to take Epirus. I Gave control of the Royal Army to Auetesion Proiretos. Who pushed the Epirote Army all the way back to Ambrakia. And When Epirus sallied forth they were beaten outside the city, however they just wouldnt die in the city center and defeated the Macedonian army and killed Proiretos.

Thats when I moved Antigonos' second son Alkyoneus to re-make the army and finally capture Ambrakia. After which very suprisingly, Epirus accepted my Protectorate demand.

Ever since Ive been developing my cities (Population was dangerously low due to making new army after 1st seige of Ambrakia.) I took Serdike and Tylis.

This is where my problem comes in. I was about to take a Black Sea town with my Main army, when I noticed Pontus captured Byzantion. I moved my army back to Tylis, Where there was a near-full stack Pontic army standing right outside. They retreated and its been a stand-off at Byzantion for the last 2 years. I dont know where to go next. We are still Neutral by the way. My spies tell me that Pontus have hardly any troops in their 4 towns (2-3 unit garrisons. Nikaia has 1 unit, their faction leader.). But If I attack and lose (Im really poor at playing seiges, in all my years of RTW its been my one weakness) I leave my myself open to attack from Rome (Epirus holding their own in Italy mind you.) And there is potential of the Seleukids Betraying me (They have a full stack spammed with Medium Phalanx trying to take KH last settlment Halikarnassos, failing and then seiging Pergamon instead of attacking Pontos FFS
    Last edited by shootie; 02-25-2010 at 23:48.

Completed Campaigns:
    RS: Pergamon, Rome.
    EB: Roma
    Vanilla: Seleucids, Brutii, Scipii, Jullii, Macedon, Greek Cities, Carthage

Failed:
    RS:
    Bosperans, Epirus
    EB: Saka, Epirus, Pontos.

Quote Originally Posted by shootie View Post
    Makedonia 258 B.C

Got a bit of a situation

Well here is my current situation. I sort of admit I blitzed to conquer Greece. I defeated KH in Greece by 269 BC (Would of been earlier only I decided to try Starve Sparta instead of having to try defeat Spartan Hoplites in the city center . Suprisingly, Pyrrhos decided to walk away from Pella in turn 1. And he would live to regret it.

I sent Antigonos back to Pella. By this time he was 50 and his movement points restricted. I couldnt really afford to lose ground, I needed to take Epirus. I Gave control of the Royal Army to Auetesion Proiretos. Who pushed the Epirote Army all the way back to Ambrakia. And When Epirus sallied forth they were beaten outside the city, however they just wouldnt die in the city center and defeated the Macedonian army and killed Proiretos.

Thats when I moved Antigonos' second son Alkyoneus to re-make the army and finally capture Ambrakia. After which very suprisingly, Epirus accepted my Protectorate demand.

Ever since Ive been developing my cities (Population was dangerously low due to making new army after 1st seige of Ambrakia.) I took Serdike and Tylis.

This is where my problem comes in. I was about to take a Black Sea town with my Main army, when I noticed Pontus captured Byzantion. I moved my army back to Tylis, Where there was a near-full stack Pontic army standing right outside. They retreated and its been a stand-off at Byzantion for the last 2 years. I dont know where to go next. We are still Neutral by the way. My spies tell me that Pontus have hardly any troops in their 4 towns (2-3 unit garrisons. Nikaia has 1 unit, their faction leader.). But If I attack and lose (Im really poor at playing seiges, in all my years of RTW its been my one weakness) I leave my myself open to attack from Rome (Epirus holding their own in Italy mind you.) And there is potential of the Seleukids Betraying me (They have a full stack spammed with Medium Phalanx trying to take KH last settlment Halikarnassos, failing and then seiging Pergamon instead of attacking Pontos FFS

P.S: How do you do Spoiler tags on the org? Im a TWCenter convert.

Syntax:

["SPOIL"]INSERT YOUR TEXT HERE["/SPOIL"]
    *remove quotation marks and you're set
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Hmm... Well eventually you will have to attack the AS given that you will want to conquer Asia Minor but it wouldn't hurt if you waited a bit since they seem to be getting beat up by the Ptolemaioi. Same goes for Pontos, you probably will have to expand in the east battling against them although byzantion is buffer-sort-of settlement as it separates Asia from Europe and most likely you don't want to border the AS as they will defenitely attack you. IHMO you should capture Krete and get some archers, consolidate greece and try to build some mines in tylis. Also the adriatic cities (dalminion, segestica) might be the most profitable with +2 mines in the game along with Pella, so you might want to get your hands on them. Good job capturing Rhodos by the way. 9 times out of 10 there is a fullstack of elites guarding the city whenever I try to take it so most of the times it is a while before I try to.

Quote Originally Posted by fraoula View Post
    Hmm... Well eventually you will have to attack the AS given that you will want to conquer Asia Minor but it wouldn't hurt if you waited a bit since they seem to be getting beat up by the Ptolemaioi. Same goes for Pontos, you probably will have to expand in the east battling against them although byzantion is buffer-sort-of settlement as it separates Asia from Europe and most likely you don't want to border the AS as they will defenitely attack you. IHMO you should capture Krete and get some archers, consolidate greece and try to build some mines in tylis. Also the adriatic cities (dalminion, segestica) might be the most profitable with +2 mines in the game along with Pella, so you might want to get your hands on them. Good job capturing Rhodos by the way. 9 times out of 10 there is a fullstack of elites guarding the city whenever I try to take it so most of the times it is a while before I try to.
    Yeah seems a good idea. A thought I had was to capture Byzantion and gift it to my Dogs Epirus. And If Pontos take it back they would have a depleted army. Krete I havent really thought about capturing, mainly because I was busy with the Epriote war. I send a little 6-unit army to check out Rhodos as my spy in Asia Minor told me that the the bulk of the KH force had just emigrated to Asia Minor taking Halikarnassos. My spy told me there was only a unit in Rhodos, a FM. So it was easy enough to take it.

And thanks Vartan! :D

Completed Campaigns:

Failed:
    RS:
    Bosperans, Epirus

Quote Originally Posted by shootie View Post
    Makedonia 258 B.C

Got a bit of a situation

P.S: How do you do Spoiler tags on the org? Im a TWCenter convert.

Looks good!

May I ask why you changed the colours?

~Fluvius

1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post

Looks good!

May I ask why you changed the colours?

~Fluvius
    Well, Ive always like Makedonia as blue (In every mod I play) as I think it suits them more than Baktria. And Ive never like Epirus being green too, and I looked at a RTR VII preview and found the Epriote colour "neon" light blue like that and I thought it suited them aswell. So then after doing them both I decided to change alot of colours. You cant quite see in the screen but I changed KH to a sort of colour like the Greek-Cities in Vanilla, Carthage ive never thought white suited a African faction and looking online I found a emblem of Carthage in that colour. Also changed Baktria to a sort of Dark-Flesh colour like in RTR. I never really fell in love with Aremenia being Darker in EB so I made thme Neon too.
    Last edited by shootie; 02-26-2010 at 00:01.

Completed Campaigns:

Failed:
    RS:
    Bosperans, Epirus

Funny enough that this had to happen on the next turn.

Pontos lost to the Seleucid's 2nd Medium phalanx spam army near Ankara

Completed Campaigns:

Failed:
    RS:
    Bosperans, Epirus

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast