Thread: Does anyone miss the horde?

I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda miss that pesky purple mob from STW. I'm not a great player, but I'm finding the s.p. campaign much easier. Not having to worry whats going on on the other side of the map if your playing the shimazu, mori or oda makes your task a heck of a lot easier. When I was playing the shimazu for example I would try to port invade a provine as close to the hojo as possible so I could effect their rapid growth. Now however, you can work your way across the map at leisurely pace without the threat of meeting up with 25000 angry hojo samurai. When you combine this with the lower building costs there just doesn't seem to be the same challenge anymore. Hope I don't sound like I'm whining I still love the game. Just alittle note off topic, MALTZ MORE STORIES PLEASE!

I know, it kinda made it seem more real to me when 25,000-30,000 men attacked you, made me feellike I was in a real battle but seriously...its good fun to surround them and destroy them or to break through at one point and just dance around eastern Japan singing happy songs while the Hojo are arsing around...

------------------
    do anything...pick me to pieces with Cavalry Archers, ride me down with Heavy Cavalry, break my lines with No-Dachi, slaughter me on your Spears, hit me in the flank with Warrior Monks, ruin my attack with Naginata, finish the job with Yari Cavalry, shower me with arrows from your archers...but nama amida butsu...NO GUNS
    Have you seen the fnords?

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa,

Please use hecose san's campaign editor to make your own horde.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

No, though occaisionally one does still appear, ussually after a clan has reapeared and recruited lots of Ronin,

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

hoards...all my own...to cuddle and to hold...to pet...

MOWHAHAHAHAHA

The Ronin actually seem to be able to produce the best hoardes with MI...its true

Have you seen the fnords?

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

I also think the game has become much easier now after about taking 1/3 of the country. The AI cannot outgrow us by any means, and our troop quality just get better and better.

A big improvement of MI though is AI tends to have lots of unit upgrades in their troop-producing provinces. Unfortunately, they tend not to focus on one type in each, so their troop quality is not as good as ours.

I guess by giving the AI more extra harvest bonus each year would ensure a more challenging game. Could somebody kindly point out how the campaign editing can be done? Thank you.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

the closest thing to a Horde is when the heir of an eliminated clan appears, especially if it's in an area with lots of ronin. these guys appear with fully formed and sometimes upgraded armies (balanced, too) and can take over a lot of territory if it's on a far side of a map. I'm thinking specifically of the 1530 campaign where the area usually occupied by Mori is all Ronin; clan heirs tend to pop up here often in my games.

The campaign is easier without the horde, but I think the changes have been for the better. For instance, the enemy seems to have better quality units, equal to or better than my own. The wacky enemy reinforcement locations also make for a very exciting battle. Can you imagine the horde reinforcing all over the map? It would be impossible to win.

I have not upgraded yet, so I still face the horde. ;D

Though as Soly (and others) describe it another challenge with heirs with armies popping up adds an additional challenge.

sounds like fun.....

------------------
    The only thing you have to regret are the chances not taken.
    Expect the unexpected and take in air.
    The only thing you have to regret are the chances not taken.
    Expect the unexpected and take in air.