Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of character thread III

Default Re: Out of character thread III

I guess so. I'm just wondering what to do now. I'd like to stay with Swabia, but after Sigismund's assassination I'm not sure.

I'm a bit disappointed at the moment, as this has taken quite a bit of interest out of the game for me. I'll now have to start roleplaying all over again, and I won't get an avatar for ages.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Sorry Ignoramus, even if we didn't have an anti-reload rule, my curiosity test seemed to indicate you were doomed. If it makes you feel any better, a few Inquisitors have popped up around the map (though not in HRE territory yet) and I suspect we'll start seeing burnings before too long. The Mausoleum will fill up a lot faster than in WOTS.

Your best bet to get a new avatar is to move to Franconia. All of their players have avatars and von Kastilien and von Mahren have plenty of room for future adoptions that could result in a new avatar before kids come of age.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dibs on Sigismund's funeral in the stories thread.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Wait a moment, I think I have the solution. Can I play as Judda der Stolze's husbund? At the moment she is 9, so that would mean that in 14 turns she'd become of marriageable age. I could then play as Sigismund's son-in-law.

Edit: Judda is actually 4. This presents a problem; we are far behind in avatars.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 03-15-2007 at 04:40.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Ignoramus,

What else can I say, but that it sucks. You got dealt a crap hand.

Please stay with the PBM, the wheel will turn around again and you'll get another avatar.

It might take a bit, but it probably won't be as long as the number of electors would indicate.

Meanwhile, no one is praised as much than at their funeral, and since it's a character who died, you'll be around to hear it all. So try to get as many warm fuzzies as you can from a bad situation.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

I guess it had to happene to someone. Besides, I'm the first in WoTS style PBM to have their avatar assassinated.

But what really annoys me is that Sigismund would have become Duke and Prinz. You can't replace that.

On the other hand, it does spice the PBM up for everyone.

Don't worry, I'll hang around. I'm not sure whether I'll stay with Swabia, as I'll never become Duke again. However, all the others except Franconia are full up.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    ... a few Inquisitors have popped up around the map (though not in HRE territory yet) and I suspect we'll start seeing burnings before too long.
    With the constitutional amendment, when they get in HRE territory they are a "fire all tubes" target. Also, I don't think any player would mind you moving their character away from inquisitors - as Henry skedaddled at Dijon - as it's not a good way to go. It's what I do in my SP games - create a "no fly" zone around inquisitors.

Do we know which faction killed Sigismund? We should not know in character, but OOC it might help story writing.

Gah! Ignoramus,im sorry to hear that your character got assasinated. Sigismund was a great character and i would have loved to see him as Duke of Swabia. I urge you to think of joining Franconia next. Dietrich is getting old and the heir is still completely open.Edit: The Battle report is up.Also the save is uploaded http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1144-2.rar
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 03-15-2007 at 11:39.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Man that has to suck!

I'm sure that would take a lot of the initiative out of me if this happened to my character. Stupid thing, and it really is the first time I have ever witnessed a character getting assassinated. It seems like your loss is our gain rp-wise as this really adds a nice twist to the PBM.
    Still I would have preferred Sigismund to live, he was making such a nice chivalric adversary to my dreadful Leopold, I really wonder where that story would have gotten.

Just sit back and enjoy all the stuff that's going on around the assassination now, and the mourning, and the funeral. And once you have recharged just join back in the fun! It really is one of the most frustrating ways of loosing your character and I hope you get over it!

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Ituralde
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    With the constitutional amendment, when they get in HRE territory they are a "fire all tubes" target. Also, I don't think any player would mind you moving their character away from inquisitors - as Henry skedaddled at Dijon - as it's not a good way to go. It's what I do in my SP games - create a "no fly" zone around inquisitors.

Do we know which faction killed Sigismund? We should not know in character, but OOC it might help story writing.
    I will do what I can against the inquisitors, but killing them requires a 9 unit army to be nearby, so it's not an instant thing. I'll do my best to protect people, but eventually (not necessarily on my watch) someone will get BBQed.

The nationality of the assassin will be exposed in my next Chancellor's report, which will be posted tonight.

great i take a break for a day and an assassination and a new war. lol

5th Elector of Bavaria Member nazgul3's Avatar

Hey can i be granted permission to say the closing prayer at the funeral?
    "Lord you have conquered the known world there is noone left to fight."
    [humph]...There is awlays someone left to fight.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Good work this year TC. Looks like we can milk the Russians every year for a good 2000 florins now eh? They still have a lot of funds.

Also, its good to hear the assassin has been taken care of. I'm surprised a sub 1 assassin managed to kill Sigismund.

Further, did you demolish all non town buildings before converting settlements? That can recoup some cash, even though personally I almost never convert castles.

Lastly, even though I admire your diplomatic skill, edict 5.29 does say no training of new diplomats. But then I don't know just how many we have to begin with.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Ack! Elsebeth is a freaking cow! She does have a hare lip and a hump. I know it's a diplomatic marriage and all but that's just cruel. Good to know she has a +1 piety and a 5% bonus to trade income because of her "tutor". Too bad that will have no game effect at all since she's not a general.

On a more practical note, this will decrease the chance of Otto having biological kids. I hope the game will throw some adoptees his way then.

Edit: Great Story GH. It was moving, and a fitting farewell to Sigismund. Nazgul3, if that's your addition at the end, good job as well. Bavaria seems to be teeming with warrior-clerics.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 03-16-2007 at 01:08.

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Lastly, even though I admire your diplomatic skill, edict 5.29 does say no training of new diplomats. But then I don't know just how many we have to begin with.
    Ah crap! I didnt even notice that part. I was focused entirely on complying by getting trade agreements with the last 3 nations (Scotland, Turks, Egypt). No diplomat was anywhere near the middle east, so the only way to get the last two was to train a new one in Vienna. I didnt read the parentheses on that one.

Grr... feel free to reprimand Max for that error.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Ignoramus: your PM box is full again.

I've revised the assassination story to give it an epilogue and since your PM box is full, I've posted it in spoiler tags in the story thread. Please PM me with any additions by tomorrow evening. Cheers.
    Last edited by econ21; 03-16-2007 at 01:44.

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

Btw, TC, are you guys going to train up Elsebeth in charm for a bit before marrying her off to Otto? From what I have read, a princess with low charm is bad for the general.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold
    Btw, TC, are you guys going to train up Elsebeth in charm for a bit before marrying her off to Otto? From what I have read, a princess with low charm is bad for the general.
    No, I've specifically ordered him to marry her off to Otto ASAP. They really should have been married already, but Sigismund's death put things off a turn.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCold
    Not my decision to make. The Kaiser (GH) has complete control over what happens to her and I'm just following orders. Playing Chancellor in KOTR is a lot less battle oriented than it was in WOTS. I think all 3 of our Chancellors so far have fought less than 1/4 of the battles that have occurred. Compare that to the first 3 WOTS Consuls, who probably fought in excess of 3/4.

I've gotta say, I think the stories thread has added immensely to this game. There is so much excellent writing in there and so much background for the characters that it's taking this PBM to a whole new level. I thought that the WOTS was about as good as it would get, but it appears now that it was just a test run for KOTR. Excellent work, everyone. I'm enjoying this PBM more than I enjoy most games I pay for!
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-16-2007 at 02:47.

I feel for you, OverKnight. But then again, political marriages weren't meant to be felicitous. As a consolation, you do become Duke of Bavaria.

Ah, no worries. A joyless poltical marriage will make good story fodder. I just wish it didn't possibly impact avatar development.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Yeah, the PBm is awesome, just the scneario adds up to that of a Great Book or Great Movie!

Quote Originally Posted by OverKnight
    Ah, no worries. A joyless poltical marriage will make good story fodder. I just wish it didn't possibly impact avatar development.
    You are more likely to get the adultress ancillary with the wife is a wretch (WifeIsUgly) trait. Maybe TC/GH will be nice enough to allow a roll of a die to determine how much of NaturalPrincess they will give her, as there currently is no trigger for that.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

All I can say is that I hope that they skip Bavarian and Austrian avatars and go to Swabia.

Bad luck there Overknight, although I must say I'm a bit surprised. I though the Medifix mod we installed was supposed to handle these things. Princess with no Charm and General ancilliaries for them seem to be high up there on the Trait and Ancillary fix list.

Also no building in either Austrian town, looks like someone can complain after all and we get to see Mandorfs exorcism.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Blog Entries

Today is going to be a very interesting day.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Today is going to be a very interesting day.
    Why do you think so GH?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Because he might be worried that Heinrich's going to kick the bucket.

I hope that no one else's avatar gets assassinated; it's the worst thing that could happen to anyone. Keep those spies active, TinCow.

Stay alive GH damnit! :p *runs off looking for resus kit*

Quote Originally Posted by Ituralde
    Also no building in either Austrian town, looks like someone can complain after all and we get to see Mandorfs exorcism.
    Prague is still building the town guard. It is only Vienna which is idle at the moment.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast