Thread: Interested in a little "Mafia" game?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Interested in a little "Mafia" game?

Capo di Tutti Capi II

is in sign-up phase in the Gameroom.

This is designed to be a very large "mafia" game and I hope that you'll wander over to the Gameroom and sign-up.

We'd love to have you play along!!

Note: If you are a junior member, you can't see the Gameroom yet. PM Andres -- Gameroom moderator and well-known Belgian -- to begin the process. Hope to see you!
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 08-22-2007 at 21:28.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: Interested in a little "Mafia" game?

Finally, the sequel to the most legendary Org mafia game!

Our good friend Seamus wants 80 players

You can sign up here or just follow the link in my sig.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Note: If you are a junior member, you can't see the Gameroom yet. PM Andres -- Gameroom moderator and well-known Belgian -- to begin the process. Hope to see you!

What he said. If you are a Junior Member and really want to join this one, please send me a pm.

Make me an offer I can't refuse

Some info for those not familiar with mafia games:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia FAQ
    Basic Rules

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is the kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player(s), and Day begins.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is/isn't revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

Basic Roles

The above suffices for a Vanilla game, but most games have roles other than just Mafia and Townie. These roles have additional abilities (which are usually used during the Night, though there are some Day abilities as well). The most common are listed here.

Cop - Each night, the Cop can investigate one player (by sending their name to the Moderator), and finds out whether that player is Mafia or not. The Cop is on the Town's side.

Doctor - Each night, the Doctor can choose one player to protect (by sending their name to the Moderator). If the Mafia (or anyone else) tries to kill that player, they will fail. The Doctor is on the Town's side.

Vigilante - Each night, the Vigilante may kill another player (this varies) (by sending their name to the Moderator). The Vigilante is on the Town's side.

Mason - The Masons are a group on the Town's side who know each other and can talk to each other at Night.

Serial Killer - The Serial Killer (often abbreviated as SK), like the Vigilante, may kill another player each Night (by sending their name to the Moderator). However, the Serial Killer is not on the Town's side or the Mafia's side. The Serial Killer wins when everyone else is dead.

Multiple Families - Sometimes there is more than one group of Mafia. These act independently of one another, and must kill the other group as well as the Town in order to win.

There are many variations on the above roles that will often appear in more complicated games.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Hey Sheamus,
    I have read a few of the Mafia game threads, and would love to get involved. Sign me up!

Oh the Intrigue!
    The Bad Sleep Well.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Hand
    Hey Sheamus,
    I have read a few of the Mafia game threads, and would love to get involved. Sign me up!

Oh the Intrigue!
    Will do. Be sure to PM Andres to get your status shifted.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

I've decided to retire from the Mafia games due to the stress of dying every 1st round for reasons unknown to me. So please don't send me any more PMs!

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shame Ultra. Now we cant kill you in the first night

The first one made the gameroom famous! It was my first game. *memories*
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.