Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Diet III

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet III

That is pretty much what I had planned as well. To decomission any forces that still lack combat experience and are not crucial to our mission there while keeping two armies at half-strength ready to be expanded when needed.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Duke Leopold was truly an excellent Duke, and his loss weakens the entire empire. But now that these Horse Lords are destroyed, perhaps we can finally get some peace in the east. I look forward to serving under Duke Arnold for the many decades to come.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Prinz Jobst stands

I think... this is the time where we stand and wait, we wait for the next part of our history unfold.

Recently I think we have had quite a problem with our cities rebelling, it is happening everywhere. SOme cities are fine, its citizens happy.

other cities have rebels actively and publicly denouncing our Great empire!

Enough I say, we either kill them or find the problems.
    I suggest we send investigators and offcials to find the problems.

Jobst sits

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Gunther reads a message from Otto von Kassel:

I congratulate Count Fredericus von Hamburg on the taking of Damascus. He, along with Conrad Salier and Karl Zirn, have seized the goal of the Second Crusade! My thanks to you all.

In recognition of Count Zirn's bravery in the assault, and in respect to the wishes of the departed Duke Leopold, I name him Crusader Count of Damascus. May he bring honor and glory to Austria and Outremer.

King Otto von Kassel
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

An exhausted Prussian looking man with a big moustache enters the Diet.

My lords, I carry a message from Thorn:
    Meine Herren,

I'm sorry that I don't have had the time to send my condolences after the recent deads, but things are busy in Thorn.
    I hope that this message will even reach you. Thorn is under siege and all I have are a handfull of knights. Now would we sally out I think we would gain victory, but something like that is dangerous as well.
    I hope in future that we can strenghten Thorn with more men, and I'm planning on starting the building of better barracks when we have the money for it. So Thorn will be a thorn in the enemies eye.

Ansehelm,
    Count of Thorn
    Heir to Franconia
    Currently awfully busy

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

A message from Péter von Kastilien arrives:

What madness is this? The gift of Durazzo to an old man with a hideous hat in exchange for his friendship? My friend, nay, my brother, Ehrhart von Mahren died serving the Reich in the capture of that city. To give it away wantonly is folly. Previously I stood on the side our Chancellor Hans, but his actions have driven me away.

Péter von Kastilien
    Count of Breslau
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Firstly, the city was not gifted to the papacy, it was part of a deal to grant us both an alliance to allow more security for the empire and at the same time military access to prevent our troop movement in Outremer from alienating the pope from the empire, leading to another Investiture controversy.

Secondly, Duke Arnold and Emperor Henry have encouraged me to use the city in negotiations as it was previously designated to be abandoned as it stretched our borders too far. Instead of abandoning it to our foes the Venetians for the taking, I have decided it to be transferred to the papacy to grant us a secure southern border, prevent Venetian aggression against Austria, as well as diplomatic success.

All these goals were fulfilled and Austria and the empire are much more secure with Durazzo in the pope's posession. I am sure Ehrhart would approve that his death has delivered more meaning, security, and prosperity for the empire, yes?
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-09-2007 at 16:28.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Péter von Kastilien stomps into the Diet in person:

Is this complete, utter madness? Is the Reich possessed with a lunatic desire to appease an old man who sits on his "Holy" throne, accepting bribes from nations and demanding they "behave" or else he'll let God loose on you?

I would ask you to show some respect towards our common faith in the halls of the diet, Count of Breslau.
    If you were to read the history of our empire, you will see that the reason we are at war with most our neighbors and have abysmal relations with them is solely due to the word of the pope. As such, appeasing the pope also means improving relations with other Christians and sparing the lives of our own subjects, allowing more trade and prosperity.
    Due to the influence of the pope, few dare to oppose him openly in fear of excommunication, and even if the sole purpose of diplomacy with the papacy was not to appease the pope, it was at least to secure our southern border. I am sure you would see this?

I will show respect to Catholicism, but ne'er to the corrupt old man that sits around telling his subjects what to do. Ehrhart von Mahren was a brother to me, and to give up his most noble, ultimate sacrifice for "diplomatic gain" is to flout his memory. He is a hero of the Empire and rests in the annals of the Reich with Count der Stoltze, Kaiser Heinrich, Duke von Saxony, Count Mandorf, Duke Leopold and King Otto. We must always honor the memory of the young Count von Mahren and his feats at the gates of Durazzo!

Well, then tell me. Did von Mahren die just to take Durazzo or did he die in service of the greater glory of the empire?

He died in service of the Reich, a glorious death in battle it was. And I ask you, Chancellor Hans, is it the custom of the Reich to throw away its young nobles, friends, and sons piecemeal for the "good" of the Reich? Not only did young Ehrhart die, but hundreds of forgotten soldiers. They died for the Reich, to secure its influence in the Balkans. How can you say that his death brought the Empire glory, when you wantonly trade away his life for "diplomatic concession."

Would you say that increasing the empire's security is not increasing its glory likewise? Would you consider an abandoned Durazzo, up for pickings to the Venetians instead honoring our dead? I tell you, if the Venetians had retaken the city instead of us giving it away to the papacy, that would have shamed the empire and our fallen. Giving it to the papacy, on the other hand, only brings the empire more security and creates a barrier through which the Venetians cannot pass.

So tell me, would you rather me let the city rot as was commanded and abandon it, gift it to the papacy, or give it to the papacy in exchange for their goodwill, security, AND the promise to tend to the graves of our dead?
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-09-2007 at 17:32.

I would that Durazzo be fortified and held as our bulwark to the south, not waste it on some tyrant who sits delightfully on his throne in Jerusalem drinking his golden cup of Jee. It was a triumph of the Reich to deprive it from the Venetians, our mortal foes, and giving it away for "security" is foolish.

Kaiser Henry approved this, you say? Perhaps the House of Swabia in general is plagued. Do not forget it is the incursions of the SHA upon the God-fearing French's soil that lowers our reputation in the eyes of the Most Holy and Untouchable Despot.
    Last edited by gibsonsg91921; 06-09-2007 at 17:35.

Not only did the Emperor but also the Austrian Duke approve it. Would the Duke of Austria not wish the best for his own house, considering Durazzo would have been assigned to it?
    And since you were not present at Durazzo when I surveyed it, it was greatly dilapidated and unable to produce any troops for a long while after its populace was massacred. It would not have been a bulwark but a liability to hold it.

I will remember these insults, Hans. Tell me this. Was it part of your supposed "master plan" from the start to take Durazzo and spend Imperial lives only to give it away again? I tell you, it is folly. Folly to waste our young men's lives and folly to bow to an unholy master.

I believe the idea to take Durazzo was brought forward by Jonas von Mahren actually and with Austrian support. I would ask you to please inform yourself of the matters before throwing around wild assumptions.

I doubt Jonas was pleased his son's sacrifice was ill-spent.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

I fail to see how any good nobleman of the Reich would consider it a "master plan" to purposely throw fellow Imperial lives away. Obviously the Chancellor made a calculated decision and thusly decided that it would be more benefit to the Reich if Durazzo was given away. Since you, Peter, are so far the only one with any objection to this decision I figure that it is more a case of your heart in the wrong place than a diabolical plot by the Chancellor.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Another Prussian looking noblemen enters the Diet

My Lords, I bring a message from Count Thorn
    Meine Herren,

I have routed two Polish armies in the last 2 weeks. The two knights that died in those battles have recieved Imperial honour during their burials.
    I would like to propose the moving north of the Franconian Household Army, as I see a strong Russian army closing in on Thorn. And Thorn is not ready for it.
    Furthermore I would like to tell my little brother and the honourable Hans to quit arguing. If the Pope excommunicates us again we'll take it back, no big trouble.

Ansehelm,
    Count of Thorn
    Heir to Franconia
    OOC: I like the giving territories, Durazzo to the Pope, Sofia to the Byzantines and Paris to France (in exchange for peace).

Péter looks sober and stricken:

The death of Ehrhart has affected my personally in a very profound way, Count Salier. I maintain my belief in the error of giving up conquest as well as bowing to the false idol of the Pope.

I must return to Franconia, the Russians are at our borders.

Péter bows and exits.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

I shall pray for your soul, Peter, for it is clear that you are doing no such thing currently.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

I shall hope then, that the battle against the Poles will ease your pain somewhat.

A messenger from Péter von Kastilien reads aloud:
    Lords, you must forgive my recent outbreak on the Diet floor. Ehrhart was like a brother to me, and we were very much akin to each other. He died gloriously for the Empire, and my main goal was to prevent the trade of Durazzo from diminishing his ultimate sacrifice. My views on the Pope as a supreme authority of the Catholic faith are another matter. I go now to battle the Poles and Russians - but first I must pray for my friend and calm my nerves.

Péter von Kastilien
    Count of Breslau

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Elsebeth von Kassel enters the Diet. She is dressed in mourning, clothed in a sombre black dress and with a black veil covering her features. Her bearing, despite the simplicity of her garments, remains regal. Lifting her veil, she addresses the Diet:

My Husband, King Otto von Kassel, has died at Acre. He requested that his earthly remains be buried at the battle site at Galilee, so that he could be at rest with his soldiers that fell there. Already Pilgrims have gathered at the large cemetery for the fallen there, and Otto. . .

Elsebeth pauses to compose herself.

. . .and Otto has taken his place among them. An order of Monks, with a donation from my own funds, has assumed responsibility for tending the graveyard and they have set up an Abbey on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. The artifacts that Otto rescued from Jerusalem were laid to rest with his body, which now has drawn even more Pilgrims to the area. What the Reich accomplished against the infidel Mongols will not be forgotten.

Otto also requested that even though his body would be laid to rest in Outremer, he wished his heart to be interred at Innsbruck. He defended Outremer, but could never leave Bavaria completely behind him. Once I depart Rome, I will ensure that this is done.

Otto wished to pass on his blessing to Gerhard Steffen as the Duke of Bavaria. He also wished that Kaiser Henry consider Conrad Salier as his replacement as King of Outremer. The Bavarians are closely linked to Outremer, Maximillian Mandorf planned the First Crusade, Otto was Chancellor during its completion and the first King of that land, and it would be fitting to have Count Salier follow him. It is, of course, my brother's decision.

Otto had one final message, "Do not forsake Outremer. Do not forget the sacrifices made there by the soldiers, priests and Generals of the Reich, Leopold at their fore. We are now the protectors of the Holy Land, consecrated in blood, do not abandon this blessed task."

My lords.

Elsebeth lowers her veil and walks out of the Diet. The youngest son of Duke Gerhard Steffen, after a word from his father, rises from the Bavarian delegation to escort her.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 06-10-2007 at 04:57.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

The Prussian looking noble stands

Herr Ansehelm has given me the right to speak freely in his case. And so I will do.
    As you know we all mourn about the recent dead of Otto von Kassel. And it's a great wish that he wants to see something done with the Outremer. But once again there must be underlined that we shouldn't forget the Heimat.
    Herr Ansehelm himself has beaten two Polish armies not long ago. A Russian army is at our border, next to that we have a Polish Army near Breslau and one ready to fight the Franconian Household Army.
    Next to that we also have the Hungarians to worry about.
    Ofcourse we want to do something in the Outremer, but once again it must be said:
    Don't forget the Heimat!

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Duke von Kassel will be sorely missed. That he was able to rise to such a level of honor and strength after being an accomplice to Emperor Heinrich is a true testament to his character. The Reich will be forever at a loss without his guidance.

Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

Otto von Kassel was a great Duke, King, and friend. It is an honor to have served with him and for him to consider me as his successor in Outremer.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Prinz Jobst stands

King Otto was well and truly one of our more calm generals, we always had the situation under control. A great general, he was one of the Reich's most honorable and amazing men, you shall be missed King Otto.

Clearly, the old generation is fading away...

Prinz Jobst sits

Message from Jonas Von Mahren

Another great one is gone. Loosing of King Von Kassel is hard blow to the reich. He should be always remembered as the man who retrieved our relationship with the holy father with his sharp and clever politics. Also a great general and first King of Outremer. My condolences for the friends and family becouse of his departure.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast