Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Diet VI

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet VI

Sir Dassel,

That is wonderful news. Once Pope Abbate confirms this, we will move on with the coronation ceremony at once.

Of course, as Elberhard pointed out, you believe your the Pope too, so you could just go anoint yourself.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dietrich von Dassel:

Well, since it is the Kaiser's prerogative to name and approve a Pope, I guess you're right and I can do just that.

I am now Kaiser and Pope. I demand that re-unification, both political and religious, cease at once. If you resist I will excommunicate you and send armies after you. King Jan, it is now your sole goal in life as King of Outremer to protect me. I suggest you start by massaging my feet.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Would you like the orange lotion or the guava?

On second thought, you will probably have more than enough "lotion" after "anointing" yourself.
    Last edited by Privateerkev; 09-30-2007 at 03:54.

Duke of Nicosia

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

If only it were that easy Dassel, These repeated, gifts to Constantinople, are disturbing in their frequency, and increasing generosity.
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Arnold:

The loss of Count Scherer is a blow to the our Western border.

He was a colossal General who seemed to be able to single-handedly deal with the French and their repeated attempts to stop our expansion.

I pray his departure to the after life does not leave us exposed at this delicate time.

TO FRIEDRICH!!!!
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 09-30-2007 at 16:30.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mourn the death of Friederich Scherer, and am happy that his name will live on in the fields of France through the many fantastic victories he has won.

TO FRIEDERICH!!!

I also volunteer to test Dietrich's claims by denying his right to be Kaiser and waiting twenty-four hours. Wish me luck my fellow Electors, and may god have mercy on my soul.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dietrich von Dassel:

I have marked the time, Count Becker. Since clearly God is on my side you will be dead within twenty-four hours.

Similarly, I demand that God smite me within the same twenty-four hour span if, in fact, Siegfried is Kaiser. If King Jan is correct in saying that He chose Siegfried to rule then surely He will have no problem striking down somebody who disagrees with him.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Sir Dassel has clearly misunderstood the patience and love God has for all of us.

I will pray that God shows Sir Dassel that He loves him as he does all His creatures. And I will pray that Sir Dassel opens his eyes and heart to God's love for it is vast and infinite.

Duke of Nicosia

Blog Entries

*Twenty-four hours pass.*

Dietrich von Dassel:

Hmm. It seems as if I am still alive and addressing you today. My limbs are in the right order, I do not seem to be sick, and I am not speaking a foreign tongue, correct me if I'm wrong. Therefore...

*He spies the Austrian benches and gasps in mock shock.*

Becker! You're not a pile of smouldering ashes!

Which means...

...which means that neither myself nor Siegfried is Kaiser!

But then who could it be? Hans, perhaps? The firstborn son of Kaiser Henry? Count von Salza, the son of Kaiser Jobst? How about Matthias Steffen? The third son of an adoptee of the second son-in-law of Kaiser Heinrich! He certainly qualifies!

Or, of course, it could also be that the Kaiser is not pre-ordained by God and it is up to us, the Diet, to make the proper choices.

Blog Entries

The Lord is not playing your petty games with you. That is all this means.

Jan clasps his hands, bows his head, and starts softly praying.

Duke of Nicosia

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Shaking his head in rueful amusment

Dietrich have you gone completely #$%#$ing insane?

Blog Entries

Edmund Becker enter the Diet.

My lords, I have good news. Peter von Kastilien has been captured, and even now sits inside a cell in Rome awaiting trial. His army was confronted by the Second Austrian Household Army and he made the sensible decision to surrender his men and avoid a full-fledged battle between Germans. His soldiers are awaiting judgement by Duke Ansehelm, with the exception of the two regiments of Spear Militia from Prague. As their fuedal lord, I confiscated their weapons and armor and left them behind near Sofia. Those with the discipline to return to Prague will be pardoned.

Lorenz grumbles at the news.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

It is indeed good news that you we're able to avert bloodshed.

I hate to be the one to throw a wet-blanket on this party but, has anyone found Tancred yet?

Duke of Nicosia

Ansehelm
    And I want someone to lead the former Prussian Army back to Krakow, can't leave that to a captain, not in and close to enemy territory.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Elberhard: Duke Ansehelm, I intend to regard your former Teutonic Crusade Army as the new Prussian Household Army. The former Prussian army will be disbanded, with elements transferring to the AHA1 and the Kaiser's army.

With Becker's announced retirement, we do need a new commander for AHA1. Duke Arnold, which Zirn do you intend to appoint as his replacement?

Ansehelm:
    And I would like the Prussian Army to reinforce my troops and Krakow, as Arnold at some point has to leave it. I'm strongly against disbanding it.

You go searching for one of my other army commanders you lost.

Diet Speaker: It is with great regret that I announce the death of our Kaiser, Siegfried von Kastilien. He was ambushed and killed while inside the Reich returning to Rome from Constantinople. Preliminary investigations reveal that an unknown band of warriors were responsible for the ambush. From the bodies of the fallen, it appears that they were probably mercenaries or rebels.

I am summoning our new Kaiser, Elberhard, from the Holy Land to respond to this crisis. However, I am also requesting Duke Hans, commander of the Kaiser’s Army, to lead a full investigation into the circumstances of the Kaiser’s death, so that we may know more.

May God protect the Reich in this terrible time!

Jan stands up.

This is a dark day for the Reich. I hope Duke Hans can find out more.

However, a new Kaiser will be here soon.

Long live Kaiser Elberhard!!!
    Last edited by Privateerkev; 10-01-2007 at 15:51.

Duke of Nicosia

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

*Lothar Steffen furrows his brow.*

This is indeed dire news. As much as I may have disagreed with Kaiser Siegfried's actions, his death will likely cause more problems than it will solve. I urge all Electors to keep a close watch on their lands, to prevent any excessive unrest from this sudden event. Hopefully Duke Hans will return with his report very soon, so that we may learn who these brigands were. Of course, I expect him to return to Rome with their heads on pikes.

The Kaiser is dead. Long live Kaiser Elberhard.

The new Kaiser isn't here yet so I'm going to go down the street to the Tavern and lift a mug or three in memory to our dear departed Kaiser. Any who wish to are welcome to join me.

First round is on me.

Duke of Nicosia

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

*Fritz von Kastilien enters the Diet in travel-stained boots and riding cloak. He disrobes and walks to the Diet floor*

Friends, I have come as soon as I heard the news. I will always remember Siegfried as the young brother I had when we were growing up. I have remembered back to that time often in the past few years, and wish that, when it came time to depart this life, he and I had not grown so distant.

*Fritz pauses, looking at the floor*

Taking up the issue of Byzantium on a day like this would be an insult to Siegfried's memory, so I will forbear.

Long live Kaiser Elberhard.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Ansehelm:
    I also would like to know how this happened.
    And in relation I would like to know all Byzantine army and diplomat movements and I want a spy or someone else to locate Tancred von Tyrrolia.

As to our former Kaiser, I used to see him as a brother, untill it became clear that he was making mistakes, but then I never saw little Siegfried grow up, I've seen nothing but fighting all my life.

Which leads to the announcement that the siege of Thorn is once again broken.

Blog Entries

It is indeed a sad day for the Reich. Emperor Siegfried was a good man and most certainly did not deserve this fate.

Long live Kaiser Elberhard!

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Friedrich, and now Kaiser Siegfried... How many of us will pass away in these dark, dark times?

Long live Kaiser Elberhard! May he guide us well.
    Say, Elberhard will be Chancellor until 1320, correct?

And, King Jan, I will join you in a moment. I will have to hurry, for I must return to join the fleet to Thessalonica.
    Last edited by Warmaster Horus; 10-02-2007 at 11:22.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Siegfried dead?!? Where was the ambushed, I shall be dispatching the former emperor's army there immediately.

On a side note, I hope that the cornering of Peter by Becker and myself will keep the lasting alliance with Byzantium in place and that Tancred can be found before he causes any more damage. I would advise that the house of Austria keep a keen vigil on their borders to make sure no army marches through that is not authorized by the chancellor.

Oh, and congratulations my brother.

edited for OOC
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 10-02-2007 at 00:14.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Blog Entries

Dietrich von Dassel:

Long live Kaiser Elberhard!

Elberhard enters the Chamber, looking tired and emotional.

Elberhard: Electors, these are dark days. I know many of you had your disagreements with Siegfried, but the man stood up for what he believed was best for the Reich. He had a vision that would have seen him rival Augustus and our Reich match the ancient Roman Empire at its height.

But the man is dead and the vision he laid out before us is fading fast. I do not wish to prejudge the result of my brother, Duke Hans, and his inquiries into the circumstances of Siegfried's death. Yet, given the fraught political climate and in particular, the vehement domestic opposition to his goal of re-unification, there is little doubt in my mind that the Kaiser's death was no random act of violence.

I pray that I am wrong. But if I am right, I intend to let Kaiser Siegfried have the last laugh over his assassins. I am exercising my perogative to rule as Chancellor. I know my authority here is no greater than a whore's virtue, so you will not have to suffer me for long. I will not serve a full term as Chancellor, but instead I will step down in 1320. I will use my short time as Chancellor to continue Siegfried's work towards re-unification. As I have promised before, re-unification will not take place without the consent of this Diet. However, if King Jan agrees, I will honour Siegfried's promise to Emperor Isaac to gift Outremer.

There is one other matter that I must address - the fate of the traitor Peter von Kastilien. Interogations by Count Becker have revealed that Peter's aim was to sack Constantinople, not kill the Kaiser. Moreover, Peter surrendered to an inferior force rather than wantonly spill German blood. What is more, both Peter and his forces were under Count Becker's supervision at the time that the Kaiser was murdered and thus cannot be considered suspects in that heinous act. For these reasons, I have decided to exercise some leniency over Peter's fate. He will not be executed. Nor do I judge that a treason trial would be in the best interests of the Reich. But I cannot release a man who has shown himself so capable of raising and leading a rebel army. Peter must remain in detention in the dungeons at Rome until the political situation is less fraught.

Ansehelm:
    I hereby ask to transfer Peter to my prisons in Thorn. He is Franconian, and in the prisons of Thorn one will learn not to desert again.

Also I ask again, I want to know the whereabouts of Tancred, as I want to have him imprisoned too.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Also, being in Thorn might give Peter (and Gibson) a change to come into play again, it's sieged soo often that Peter at some point has to help, or die.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast