Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Yo. Narrator says votes must also be in RED to count.
    Just a heads up that I'm counting it, but yeah. If you want me to miss your vote entirely, with no automatic vote count script, a black vote in a sea of black text posts is a good way to hide it.

Bold, red, use "vote" or "unvote" plz.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I yearn to rely on a stronger will.

I fear what I'm capable of in its absence.
    This counts as an unvote, as per the rules on voting.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

This is what I have.

Logic votes Raith
    Montmorency votes invalid
    BSmith votes Montmorency
    GeneralHankerchief votes Seireikhaan
    El Barto votes GeneralHankerchief
    Champ votes ----
    Jabbz votes SeveringViper
    Manasi votes ----
    SeveringViper votes ----
    Novice votes Seireikhaan
    Csargo votes Seireikhaan
    Autolycus votes Montmorency
    choxorn votes Manasi
    Cuthillius votes Jabbz
    Seireikhaan votes Novice
    Raith Kemmler votes Sooh
    Sooh votes ----

Seireikhaan: 3 votes
    Montmorency: 2 votes
    Raith, GeneralHankerchief, SeveringViper, Manasi, Jabbz, Novice, Sooh: 1 vote each
    5 non-vote

Let me know if I missed something.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    Is just this a volume read and/or do you actually like whatever you have read from me?
    More of a tone read. Haven't had much of an opinion either way on you specifically but I'm a fan of you being around.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

What was a joke vote for Raith I cannot support with any evidence. He seems rather quiet, but I don't know if that is how he plays on D1, so he gets a pass for now. With what little I have seen from him, I give hime a slight wolf lean.

Both Seireikhaan and Montmorency feel like as good of targets as any, so I'm going to tie it up for the now.
    Vote: Montmorency
    Aliases Yakostovian

what do you think is scummy about monty/khaan

in your own words please

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Pre-game]

Town read on Cuthilius for this, defusing a potential conflict.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    hey manasi

hey champ

do either of you have any new and exciting takes?

wrt the novice discussion, i have a hard time seeing it as directly wolfy that he, theoretically, rands scum and consciously decides to ask people about what their meta is like

like simplest solution there is that he wasn't talking to the org people, but to the rest of the new people, and thus the reason he didn't do it the first time is because he didn't know anyone and didn't feel as comfortable in the environment

i wouldn't say it's particularly towny, but i really don't think it's ai

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    By "my first thought" I meant it was my first thought. It was the first thing that jumped out at me when I was catching up with the first glut of posts in the thread.

You kept going back to it, but on second thought I guess that could just be a natural extension of people responding to you and you furthering the conversation, which is stupid now that I look back on it.

Generally when people/myself say "not aligned" that strictly refers to "they're not mafia together".

I feel like half of the interactions people have been making with me/half the case on me has come down to pedantics, which is a dumb reason to lynch someone but then again I suppose I'm overdue to eat rope so que sera sera. Will try to put down some sick reads in the meantime.
    (My bold). That second thought really should have been thought before making your initial post, IMO...
    Still, you're doing some fine backpedalling off a bad case here if you're scum. I think scum would normally tend to be more confrontational and/or defensive in this situation.

Also, I think the statement Generally when people/myself say "not aligned" that strictly refers to "they're not mafia together" is just plain wrong, and not seeing/admitting that shows a townish lack of self-consciousness.

This is a villager posting:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Logic - villager for earlier posts. I remember the few in the beginning about their playstyle and their history playing on the site. Also compared to French Rev I think they're definitely playing to their villa game.

GeneralHankerchief - Villager for most things, active and helpful ITT when he's around. Think he has a much higher chance of being a villager than a wolf.

Champ - Ok this is hard. I feel like he'd be a lot more active as a villager but I know that during my first .Org game I was really shocked by the tempo of the game and that was a little discouraging. I would say that Champ is probably one of my lighter scum reads this game.

SeveringViper - I read this dude like I would try to read Zack and I'm at like 51% chance he's a villager. I know they've been really active as well I just haven't paid nearly as much attention to them. Wanted to include them because I had thought about them as opposed to the other people I didn't mention.

Novice - This is probably a bad read but from what I've skimmed they've been super active so I'm willing to call them a villager. Also their entrance seemed to be pretty inquisitive in that they wanted to know how people played/what they were like (presumably to develop a better read on them).

Csargo - ily

choxorn - Odd push on me inherently. I'm sure it was a joke but I don't think we're on the same level of each other that would encourage joking around kinda play. That might sound weird but it's kinda like, I'd only joke around like that with people I'm good friends with, but maybe Chox is super cool and wants to be buds. For now he's in light scum w Champo.

Cuthillius - Playing exactly how he does as a villager (granted my only recent experience with him is in turbo games but I think he's doing the same stuff).

Sooh - Don't know about alignment but just wanted to say that I like how much she's posting. I think that with the volume read it's hard to not call her a villager, but I'm scared that my village circle is getting too big.

woop

if you want me to find posts lmk

I like the post in general and I especially like how he has too many town reads and admits it. Creative play if scum.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    Caught up finally, but still don't have a whole lot of time. I can say from what I've seen that SeveringViper style bothers me. There is a high post volume and they do seem to be engaging, which hints town to me. At the same time, the arguments being made seem to be more shallow shots than meaningful. Basically makes it a crapshoot, but for day one you can't hope for much more than that in my opinion.
    This...is disappointingly shallow itself. I think we've all well established that d1 is a c***shoot and there's little to work with, now do you have anything to add? What do you think of the others that talked?
    Agreed.

vote:Jabbz

less because i think he's independently wolfy, more that there are a lot of people i think are town

jabbz hasn't provided me with any reason to feel good about his alignment
    Not a bad vote. I've misread and mislynched Jabbz a lot though, and was hoping to avoid that in this game. He's also maybe the player here who knows me the best, so I was secretly hoping we could form a town block. Doesn't look likely at this point. Anyway I think he's a fine lynch, don't take my misgivings as a defense of him, but I will try to look elsewhere for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    To me some of your (Csargo) posts read almost like a defense of me, and that's strange.
    I don't see it. Elaborate? Are you feeling under attack by the way?

As for Seireikhaan, Logic already mentioned his slightly forced vote on me, and Viper nicely sums him up as "Null, might be promising. He's made two serious posts so far, mostly talking about play style and declaring he's going to be keeping his thoughts to himself.".

I've been toying with the idea of suggesting a straight policy lynch of a lurker today because I don't think we have that many reads to go on, and too many lurkers in general on this site. I would have liked to punish the lurker meta.

And then GH makes a case on Seireikhaan, so clearing GH is another possible benefit here.

So that's why I'm voting Seireikhaan currently.
    I'll do a list next, but off the top of my head Choxorn and Montmorency also seem like decent lynch candidates. (And Jabbz.)

Fake edit: But first I have to deal with my kids.

that's a good post

you're town

[QUOTE=SeveringViper;2053748023
    This...is disappointingly shallow itself. I think we've all well established that d1 is a c***shoot and there's little to work with, now do you have anything to add? What do you think of the others that talked?[/QUOTE]

This is not the response I expected, and I like it for that.

Response tone aside however, I don't see my analysis as shallow, but rather piecing together the limited information on someone who makes my spidey senses tingle. I admit out the gate it's a questionable conclusion, but trying to dismiss the entire set as shallow is kind of weak.

All told though, nice to see you've found your center here, I imagine you will find calm games more entertaining.

Mod, I cut a "]" off that last post at the end of the first line. Would you edit it back in?

oh hey look who's here!

vote:Jabbz

less because i think he's independently wolfy, more that there are a lot of people i think are town

jabbz hasn't provided me with any reason to feel good about his alignment
    In my defense, everything I've been doing in game has been slapped together in a minimum amount of time. As I stated early I don't have much time for d1. Final inspection of my house is Tuesday at 2pm though, so after that I'm good. I promise to do better in the future :)

Honestly the only real argument I've made so far was about poking a bear to see his response, so I could see how I look less than stellar. Give it time though please.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Not a bad vote. I've misread and mislynched Jabbz a lot though, and was hoping to avoid that in this game. He's also maybe the player here who knows me the best, so I was secretly hoping we could form a town block. Doesn't look likely at this point. Anyway I think he's a fine lynch, don't take my misgivings as a defense of him, but I will try to look elsewhere for now.
    I'm liking you so far novice, you seem engaged. With your brother being gone however, I'm not sure if things are the same or different when it comes to reading you, as the interaction between the two of you often gives some information. Time will tell I suppose.

As above, give me some time before you write me off. I've been lynched day 1 the last two games I played in a row. Not adding a third would be kind of nice :p

oh hey look who's here!
    For like 5 more mins, if you have questions, make them fast and not too deep.

what do you think of monty/khaan wagons: reasoning on them, who's voting them

who do you most want to lynch today

I don't think any day one arguments have much in the way of merit except for on rare occasions where someone slips and does something horribly obvious. Today is not one of those days. I think those arguments as a whole are no more valid or crappy than others. Give what I've seen of their evolution I don't think it is likely that scum are jumping on either, but rather see that one or the other is likely to go down and are staying out of it. This makes me inclined to feel they are both bad lynches, but then again, my entire problem with d1 lynches and reads is that there isn't enough information, so the above is about as useless as anything else.

As to who I want to lynch, I'm pretty much apathetic in that department. I poked Severing to get a response, and didn't get the response I expected. Whether that confirms or contradicts my reading of the individual is yet to be seen, and no I don't care to share that reading at this time. Ask me again tomorrow about this kind of stuff and I'll likely have some different info, but for now that is what I have.

still planning to keep your vote on sev?

This is not the response I expected, and I like it for that.

Response tone aside however, I don't see my analysis as shallow, but rather piecing together the limited information on someone who makes my spidey senses tingle. I admit out the gate it's a questionable conclusion, but trying to dismiss the entire set as shallow is kind of weak.

All told though, nice to see you've found your center here, I imagine you will find calm games more entertaining.
    And GH never set off your "spidey senses"?

Do you really think I was ever off my center?

I don't think any day one arguments have much in the way of merit except for on rare occasions where someone slips and does something horribly obvious.
    The merit of d1 arguments (and a number of "meaningless" arguments in general) is that they increase the chance that someone slips. [Yes/No]?

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

the sirie votes are stupid

First I'd like to apologize for not having been around more today. It's not going to be one of my most active days game wise (seeing as how Manasi and Cuth both have noted that).

I'm going to go through what's new, and then I'll place my vote and probably go to bed if nobody has any immediate questions.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I don't see it. Elaborate? Are you feeling under attack by the way?
    He was defending or rather arguing that my commenting on D1 play (what Viper said I shouldn't do since the question wasn't for me) was completely innocent and had no influence on your response. When I read it it looked like a defense of what I did. And no, I don't feel under attack.

That being said, I didn't like Vote: GH 's reason for suspecting Khaan. It's very reachy IMO.

This post:

khaan's most recent past games on the .Org, in reverse order:

- French Revolution Mafia: town, had a character schtick, not lynched
    - Visor's Small Mafia Game: town (subbed in), sort of had a character schtick (speaking nothing in smilies, but only for a few posts), not lynched
    - Tokens of My Confection: town, made two posts, not lynched
    - Futuramafia: mafia, did not have a character schtick, not lynched (was vigged though IIRC)
    - Polandball Mafia: town, made two posts, not lynched
    - IKEA Mafia: town, did not have a character schtick, not lynched
    - Bird Mafia: town, did not have a character schtick, not lynched

This goes back to March 2016. Does not compute.
    couldn't he have been playing mafia in other games

and by games i mean sites

By "my first thought" I meant it was my first thought. It was the first thing that jumped out at me when I was catching up with the first glut of posts in the thread.

You kept going back to it, but on second thought I guess that could just be a natural extension of people responding to you and you furthering the conversation, which is stupid now that I look back on it.

Generally when people/myself say "not aligned" that strictly refers to "they're not mafia together".

I feel like half of the interactions people have been making with me/half the case on me has come down to pedantics, which is a dumb reason to lynch someone but then again I suppose I'm overdue to eat rope so que sera sera. Will try to put down some sick reads in the meantime.
    isnt mafia all pedantics?

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Back in the olden days we were. The times when khaans changed their names every thousand posts. Those were stricter times...
    He's still issaikhaan to me.
    Isn't "Champ" a Pokemon?
    Machamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    El Barto votes GeneralHankerchief
    Entirely, 100% true, as I promised my good friend @Snerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    isnt mafia all pedantics?
    The correct word is pedantry.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Isn't "Champ" a Pokemon?

That would have been a proper disposable vote. Too late now though.
    yes and yes

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SeveringViper: By my count, khaan's played with everybody here (however briefly in some instances) except Champ. We'll throw Manasi and Logic in there too I guess because French Rev was a factional game and doesn't really fit in. Not really enough to get self-conscious about IMO.

novice: Re: your section of me in your longer post above, I was going to argue that your conclusion w/r/t your read of me is correct, but I feel like your reasons for reading me as such are bad, so I'm not sure what to do with you at the moment? but then I realized that most of the bones I had to pick with it were playstyle differences and thus not actual bad arguments.

Champ: As mentioned in a different post, khaan doesn't play games on other sites.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another thing I want to make note of is in Champ's catchup just a few posts above this one, he jumps from my case on khaan (made earlier this morning US time) to commenting about my "pedantics" line (made last night US time), which strikes me as a bit unnatural way of catching up with the thread.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Another thing I want to make note of is in Champ's catchup just a few posts above this one, he jumps from my case on khaan (made earlier this morning US time) to commenting about my "pedantics" line (made last night US time), which strikes me as a bit unnatural way of catching up with the thread.
    i always do that

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I will note posts #326 and #327 for tomorrow. :)
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    i always do that
    Link to examples? IIRC the only game we played together on MU was Copless where you subbed in halfway through, so that's a bit different of a situation.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast