Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Orders and reports thread

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: Chancellor and governor reports

Chancellor's report for 1214

My Lords,

Another quiet year - we seem to alternate between the frenetic and soporific.

The Franconian Household Army came within spitting distance of Krakow. By the time of my next report, Duke Kastilien will be free of Papal restraint and able to strike at some of the several Polish armies milling around their capital.

The Austrian Household Army has laid siege to Thessalonica.

The Bavarian Household Army has landed near Florence, heading for the rebel army north of Florence.

The Swabian Household Army has laid siege to Rheims.

Prince Jobst marched his Army of the Interior to Prague, attempting to forestall the Hungarian advance on Budapest. Fortunately, the Hungarians turned back at the end of the year, alleviating this threat. The Prince may next year march towards Hamburg, as Danish and Scottish armies are lurking around our northern flank - a worry given that Count von Hamburg and his two sons are heading to Ragusa to join the crusade on Damascus.

In Outremer, King Otto defeated two small Egyptian armies trespassing on the land of our Papal allies. The spy I sent to find the horse lords has instead spotted a large Egyptian city, Edessa, west of Aleppo. I intend to take it, as there should be no Egyptian presence north of Gaza and Edessa will provide a first line of defence against any Mongol invasion.

The end of the year brought an unpleasant shock however: a Russian army has besieged Thorn. Although the fortress is well garrisoned, it lacks a distinguished general - I sent the Count of Thorn to earn his spurs with his father near Krakow.

I suspect, as has become the pattern, my next report may be more eventful than this.

Kaiser Henry
    Last edited by econ21; 05-23-2007 at 12:30.

Chancellor’s report, 1216

My Lords,

Due to conservative spending in 1214, we began the year with twice our usual starting balance: 42,353 florins. This allowed me to indulge in some largesse to the church: an abbey was ordered to be built in Marseilles for Gerherd Steffen to recuperate in, while in Nuremburg work was begun on a cathedral dedicated in honour of the late Maximillan Mandorf.

The Pope invited us to begin our crusade to Damascus, but I will hold off a while. My brother, Duke Leopold, has requested to lead the crusade and must return from Thessalonica to Ragusa to head the force I am gathering there for him. Count von Hamburg is nearing Ragusa with both his adult sons and young Karl Zirn has reached there from Rome. There are also two sons of Jonas von Mahren at Ragusa. Their father will take over command of the Austrian Household Army now besieging Thessalonica. Duke Leopold has decided pressing an assault on Thessalonica would be too costly right now, so there will be a pause while more siege engines are constructed. I am hopeful the besieged Venetians will be emboldened by their superior numbers to attempt a sally.

Duke Leopold and Count Jonas face some interesting strategic dilemmas at the moment. They have two armies - the Austrian Household Army and the nascent crusader force. But they face three strong forces - a Hungarian army loitering around the border of Budapest; the besieged Venetians in the Thessalonica and their compatriots at Durazzo. I would welcome any opinions from Jonas or Leopold on how to respond to these challenges. I feel the enemy at Durazzo must be bloodied before the Crusade proper begins; I cannot risk letting Ragusa fall to Venice - it is in the process of upgrading to a Citadel and is far too precious to lose. As for the Hungarians, I now regret turning back Prince Jobst’s Army of the Interior from its march on Budapest.

The mercantile expedition has made landfall in North Africa although they are not as close to Northern Egypt as I would have liked. However, the Egyptian navy is powerful and my priority is to join their transports with those of Prinz Hans’s expedition to Constantinople. The combined fleet may be able to transport Duke Leopold’s crusade in due course. The merchants and priests will have to walk the rest of the way to their destination.

France has been excommunicated although I caution Swabians not to get too excited by this news given the venerable age of our Pontiff. The Swabian Household Army under Duke Scherer has stormed Rheims with very low casualties.

While the Russians besiege Thorn, our Baltic fleet has sunk two of their warships. The Franconian Household army has been unleashed on the Poles around Krakow. Duke von Kastilien reports bitter fighting and feels his army lacks the strength to push on to siege Krakow. I have authorised his withdrawal north towards Thorn. Another of the Duke’s sons, Peter, has come of age.

In the Levant, I cut down an Egyptian general who foolishly attempted to block my advance on Edessa. Next turn I will besiege the city, but it is clear it will not fall until I am out of office. Prince Ulrich has been authorised to hunt down a band of Turks trespassing around Adana, but deemed them not worth getting out of bed for.

My next report will be my last. I am sure you will be glad to be rid of me.

Kaiser Henry
    Last edited by econ21; 05-25-2007 at 10:07.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

With Rheims newly taken, here are the build orders.

I do not remember the length of construction, but here is a general order.

church
    ballista towers
    next higher level church
    militia square (i think, but its the barracks thing)

Please train additional militia to garrison the city as soon as possible.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Chancellor’s Report for 1218

The year began with disaster: despite having a strong garrison, the fortress of Thorn fell to a bold assault from a Russian force half its size. The only consolation from this bitter defeat is that the Russians chivalrously spared the fortress from being sacked or exterminated.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There are, I believe, lessons from this bitter defeat. First, we cannot rely on garrisons to protect our frontiers. The garrison I provided for Thorn was the force that the late Maximillan thought sufficient to hold Adana against all comers - vis, three regiments of spearmen, three of archers and two of dismounted feudal knights. However, what was missing was clearly the late Maximillan or his equivalent - a distinguished general to oversee the defences. I know that the Count of Thorn will feel resentment that he was not kept in post to defend Thorn. However, in my defence I can only say that I had no knowledge that Russia would attack us until Thorn was besieged and I judged the priority to be the Count earning his spurs in battle against the Poles, so that then he could be used to freely command forces in Franconia and elsewhere.

A second lesson of Thorn is that our borders have become stretched, especially with Household Armies assigned to conquer neighbouring provinces. When Thorn fell, the Franconian army was far away outside Krakow. Similarly, when Genoa was menaced, the Bavarian army was in Corsica. When the Hungarians threatened Breslau and the Venetians massed at Durazzo, the Austrian army was in Thessalonica. Now the Swabian army is at Rheims, I fear for Marsellies and Metz. Duke Otto has said that it is the Chancellor’s responsibility to balance the imperatives of implementing edicts for conquest with the need for homeland defence. Perhaps there is some truth in this, but I believe Houses should exercise more oversight over the deployment of their forces and provide more nuanced edicts or standing orders that recognise the primacy of defending our borders.

In response to the loss of Thorn, I began the march northwards of Duke Kastilien’s battered household army from outside Krakow back to Thorn. Unfortunately, a small Polish army blocked the road north and we are once again subject to a Papal injunction to desist from attacking them. Consequently, the FHA was forced to go off road and skirt round the Poles. To speed up the march on Thorn, I detached the catapult batteries from the FHA and sent them to Breslau under the Count of Thorn’s command.

In Rheims, the Swabian Household Army is under siege by an inferior French army. I have yet to learn if the Duke of Swabia will lead a sally out of the city. After the debacle of Thorn, I will not authorise a junior commander to fight the battle. [OOC: no autoresolving here!]

Prince Jobst has crushed a rebel army south of Frankfurt. North of Rome, Steward Scherer has finally reached the rebel army menacing our interior. I await news of the battle.

Near Ragusa, Duke Leopold has joined with the bulk of the army to be formed into a crusade. Count Salier is bringing up more knights. I do not say that all the nobles gathering there will join the crusade but I am giving my successor as Chancellor the freedom about who else to include (beyond Leopold, Salier and Zirn). Before departing, Duke Leopold and the next Chancellor may wish to strike down the Venetians massing around Durazzo. Otherwise, I fear that they will do to Ragusa what the Russians have done to Thorn. There is also the strong Hungarian army wandering around the borders of Budapest. Count Mahren remains besieging Thessalonica, but I believe this endeavour may prove futile just like the Bavarian strike at Corsica and the Franconian march on Krakow. I should also report that Spain and Denmark have embarked on the crusade to Damascus. In other Austrian news, Zagreb has accepted a Merchant’s guild.

At sea, a small Egyptian fleet has reached Ragusa and sunk some of the ships that transported Conrad Salier to Ragusa. This means that we are unable to reinforce the crusade with units from the BHA despite Steward Steffen’s generous offer. The ships returning from landing our mercantile expedition in north Africa encountered a much larger Egyptian fleet. Fortunately, the enemy did not strike but I was sufficiently alarmed to send the ships to join with Prinz Hans’s armada. I pray that our large naval force will be sufficiently strong to protect the transports bringing the Prinz’s army to Constantinople.

I declined an offer of marriage for Demuth von Hamburg. There was nothing wrong with the young suitor, but with all the Kastiliens, von Hamburgs and von Mahren’s swanning around Rome and Ragusa, the last thing I felt the Reich needed was another Franconian trying to make an impression.

In the Levant, I drove off a small band of Egyptians under a chap called Medhat Karfur. At the time, I lacked any full regiments of pavise crossbowmen and the difficulty of dealing with Medhat’s one regiment of Mameluk archers has impressed on me the importance of having sufficient missiles if we ever have to face a horse archer force such as that of the horse lords. I recommend that the next Chancellor increase the proportion of pavisers in our Outremer archers as a precautionary measure. After the battle, I ransomed Medhat back to Edessa and have assembled a strong army on the approach to the city.

Without decent archers, Henry finally corners the Mameluks.

Now that Antioch is mainly Christian, I have moved our many Cardinals and priests to Damascus to convert the population in advance of our crusade. I hope our crusaders will be able to occupy the city without having to massacre its population. I have ordered all our settlements in Outremer to recruit more priests. I believe some priests should be sent to Edessa if the next Chancellor intends to take it from the Egyptians as I would recommend. Our spies have encountered the horde of horse lords south of Baghdad. A diplomat is en route to parley with them.

Here’s Jonny! (Or Ghengis or whoever)

That ends my last annual report. I will provide short review of my full term in office shortly.

Kaiser Henry

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

After my son's courageous participation in the Franconian Household army's intense battle of last year, he is now knighted - and fully able to lead a force of his own in battle.

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 05-25-2007 at 12:08.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Chancellor’s final report

My lords, I promised a final report summing up my term in office. Unfortunately, it has been delayed by the need to travel from Edessa. And my achievements have been somewhat overshadowed by the recent disasters at Thorn and over the Danish crusade. However, I do have some last comments on the state of the Reich at the end of my Chancellorship.

Assignments: Rheims is assigned to Swabia. Antioch and Aleppo remain formally Imperial settlements. However, as per the draft constitution of Outremer, Aleppo is informally assigned to Franconia.

Territory: We ended my period in office with a three extra provinces (Antioch, Aleppo and Rheims) but lost Thorn. I believe we should seek to maintain this modest rate of expansion.
    [OOC: To maintain the challenge - the AI can at last field large armies to defend threatened places such as Thessalonica, Krakow and Edessa.]
    In the coming Diet, we may wish to complete the conquest of Outremer by taking Damascus and Edessa, although work will have to be done to convert the local population if we are to avoid a rebellion such as that which occurred in Jerusalem. I have already moved our many Cardinals and priests from Antioch to Damascus; I would urge the next Chancellor to move some to Edessa as well. Outremer also needs a facility for training spies to avoid unrest. Thorn should be retained and Krakow taken; however, I am unpersuaded by the case for further territorial expansion.

Military: Our armies have been largely upgraded, although Franconia still requires more pavise crossbowmen. However, we face multiple threats along our borders - from the Hungarians, the Poles and now from the Danes. I am sympathetic to the case for second Household Armies. However, this case varies by House: Franconia is most in need - especially now that the Danes are at war with us. By contrast, the Bavarian Household Army could even be downgraded in size. On reflection, I would oppose formally establishing second Household Armies but would recommend that the Chancellor do it informally when required. We must also recognise that our enemies have grown in strength and that quickly taking enemy settlements may become rare - we achieved it at Rheims, but were thwarted at Ajacco, Krakow, Thessalonica and Edessa. Perhaps we should fight with more dispersed forces to try to induce the enemy to attack us outside of its fortifications?

Economy: Although I began my term in office frustrated that I was unable to build much that our governors desired, the cost cutting measures I implemented and the effect of past investments soon changed this. Since that first year in office, there has been sufficient income to authorise every building I have wished to authorise. I would urge the next Chancellor to keep a careful eye on our economic situation in order to continue being in this happy position. If, as I expect, we need more armies to defend our borders, rather than expand our military, I would recommend splitting some of our Household Armies - Prince Jobst has shown that a small, upgraded force can easily triumph over larger lower grade enemies.

Diplomacy: Our alliances had begun to bear fruit until the unfortunate incident with the Danish crusade. Hopefully, we can put things right. I would like to see peace overtures made to all our Christian enemies. We must recognise - as has occurred with the Poles - that Papal restraint provides only a very short window for offensive action against brother Catholics. Moreover, the biggest challenge we face is now the pagan horse lords. I believe we are ineluctably on a collision course with them and we must prepare for this. I volunteer to take my army and block their approach to Damascus, although I would appreciate a few more of King Otto’s excellent pavise crossbowmen for the task. My ability as a night fighter may allow me to buy the crusade needed time to reach Damascus first. I have not much time left for war and offer myself to the Reich in one last service.

Yours,

Kaiser Henry

Summary information on Kaiser Henry's Chancellorship, 1200-1218

Build queues in Kaiser Henry's Chancellorship

Italics indicates authorised

List of Battles in Kaiser Henry's Chancellorship

FA=field battle (attacker)
    FD=field battle (defender)
    SA=siege assault (attacker)
    SD=siege assault (defender)
    YA=sally (attacker)
    YD=sally (defender)
    AA=ambush (attacker)
    AD=ambush (defender)

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Build Queues for Outremer

Adana
    Blacksmith
    Barracks
    Shipwright

Antioch
    Abbey
    Council Chambers

Aleppo
    Chapel
    Garrison Quarters
    Drill Square
    Barracks

Acre
    Paved Roads
    Blacksmith
    Drill Square

Tax levels should be set to avoid rioting.

Orders for the Army of Outremer

I will command the army. As I consider the army currently under Kaiser Henry's command an Imperial one, my Army will be formed by drawing off some of the elements of the Adana and Acre garrisons and new recruitment, if possible. The Army will converge at Acre.

At Acre, the Army will perform oversight on Antioch, Aleppo, Jerusalem and the advance of the Mongols. The Army will respond to any of these that are threatened, or in the case of the Mongols, becomes a threat. If Adana is besieged by a force that the local garrison cannot handle, the army will move to relieve the Fortress. I hope the Chancellor will take great care in making sure that one of these goals is not over pursued to the detriment of the others, though the defense of Jerusalem is paramount.

If the Chancellor has any questions feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 05-31-2007 at 00:53.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Build priorities for Vienna:
    Crop Rotation
    Militia Drill Square
    Inn

The Inn may be built whenever the funds don't allow for more expensive investments.

Build priorities for Venice
    Community Farming
    Fairground

The upgrade of the city defense to Huge Stone Walls should have absolute priority over the above mentioned buildings.

Build priorities for Ragusa
    Blacksmith
    Jousting Lists
    Armoury

Orders for the Austrian Household Army
    :

The Austrian Household Army will be led by Jonas von Mahren.
    As soon as a Austrian noble, who is not on Crusade, gets knighted he will take over command of the Army.

Jonas von Mahren
    will have full control over the movements of the Army. I have contacted him, that he should bring the siege of Thessalonica to an end, one way or another and return to the Austrian homeland. He should pick up the younger Austrian nobles on his way north and defeat the Hungarians loitering in our territory.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Orders for the Austrian Household Army

With the permission of Duke Leopold the following orders are issued to the household army of Austria. The army will lift the siege of Thessalonice and move to west to Ragusa where those of Duke´s and my sons who will stay here in Reich and are not going on to crusade are to join the army. After that the army is to move so that it can push back the Hungarian army that is threatening Austria.

Jonas Von Mahren
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Building queue for Zagreb

After the mines if finances dictate;
    1.Crop Rotation
    2.Grain Exchange
    3.Abbey or City Watch depends how much trouble the Venetians are.

Upgrades will supercede any building queue if finances available.

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

Build Ques for Bavaria:

Many of these ques don't add up to 10 turns, this is intentional, and all ques are considered after the current construction is over. Taxes are to be set as high as possible.

Florence:
    Mines
    City Hall

Insbruck:
    Armourer
    Irrigation

Bologna:
    Abbey
    Upgrade when avaiable (OOC: it has like 23.7k pop.)

Milan:
    Mayors Palace (for forlorn hope....)
    Cathedral

Genoa:
    Council Chambers
    Inn

Marseille:
    Blistatowers
    Merchant bank

BHA orders have to wait for a Austrian response, but intermely, the BHA and her commander should be stationed at Milan.
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

Orders for Swabia House army, advance towards Paris once Rheims has been stablilized attacking any armies along the way. After paris is taken, the army shall move in a south westernly route taking every French territory that can be taken. The army will be ordered to stop and prepare defences should we face excommunication due to our aggression.

Due to pressing personal matters, I am unable to post building orders for our cities and I allow the Chancellor to build as he sees fit until further notice.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

OC: Apologies I will not be able to provide a queue until Friday.

Is that ok?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

OK lacking a bit of info:
    Who will be the designated commanders of the respective HAs? The ones currently leading them? (And if so, who would that be - not sure which of the armies are HA)
    AG: I'll build what I think is needed today then - or maybe you get to have input if the turn doesn't manage to end today.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

From memory, the Household Armies as of 1220 are:

Swabia - at Rheims under its Duke

Franconia - marching on Thorn from Krakow under its Duke

Bavarian - north of Rome (currently lacks a proper commander as I've sent Steffen to the abbey at Rome; also one pavise xbow is in N.Italy with a Teuton en route to join it)

Austrian - besieging Thessalonica under Jonas Von Mahren
    Last edited by econ21; 05-31-2007 at 18:17.

Thank you father,

Now that I have finally collated all orders that need to be fulfilled during my term, I noticed I still need:

Build orders for Imperial territories
    Orders for the FHA

Further, I have currently the following down for joining the crusade towards Damascus:
    Conrad Salier, Duke Leopold and Fredericus von Hamburg, Karl Zirn, Helmut von Hamburg (unassigned)

Lothar Steffen will be sent near his father to become knighted?

If this is not correct, please let me know within the next half hour.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Build orders for Rome: At the Chancellor's discretion.

OOC: Nothing seemed very profitable, but who knows after the dockyards is complete...

Thank you.

I shall now dispatch the crusade as no other nobles seem willing to join it.

Chancellor's Report, 1220

My lords, the following events occured during the first year of my chancellorship:

Construction
    Due to the lack of funds and the requirement to retrain our depleted regiments, Following constructions have been authorized:
    Metz: Town hall (Chancellor's choice)
    Acre: Paved roads
    Venice: Huge stone walls
    Bern: Large stone walls

Following buildings were authorized due to the florins obtained by the SHA's victory over the French:
    Aleppo: Chapel
    Paris: Ballista towers
    Bologna: Abbey
    Innsbruck: Armourer
    Budapest: Abbey (Chancellor's choice)
    Breslau: Council chambers (Chancellor's choice)
    Hamburg: Market (Chancellor's choice)

Spy reports:
    -Dimarus von Luxemburg (Spy) died while attempting to spy on a Hungarian princess
    -Johan Raspe (Spy) has successfully infiltrated Paris.
    -Sifridus von Schwaben (Spy) has infiltrated Sofia.
    -Hugo von Heidelberg (Spy) has infiltrated Stockholm. He reports that Prince Haakon is alive, contrary to what Prince Jobst reported.
    -Athalwolf Engel (Spy) continues to spy on the Mongols.
    -Dieter von Darmstadt (Spy) has located the site of battle between Prince Jobst and the Danes.
    -Andreas Ermolt (Spy) has successfully spied on a large Hungarian army southeast of Zagreb.
    -Heinricus von Bavaria (Spy) has infiltrated Toulouse and found it lightly guarded only by the French King.

Assassin reports
    -Welf Courcy (Assassin) has successfully honed his skills in taking out a rebel captain.

Priest reports
    -Tancred von Magdeburg (Priest) has taken up pursuit of a heretic named Oxynta near Iconium.
    -A skilled priest is being recruited at Antioch.

Merchant reports
    -Our merchant expedition has reached Egyptian territory.
    -Sifridus von Berlin (Merchant) has successfully acquired a Sicilian merchant.
    -Godwine von Salzgitter (Merchant) has now started to trade spices near Aleppo for 580 florins.
    -A merchant is being recruited at Antioch.

Diplomacy
    -Pope Vivianus rejects an offer for alliance in exchange for 6000 florins and maps.
    -The Byzantines have refused a very generous offer for mutual military access.
    -I have gifted Sicily 1200 florins and maps. Our relations have improved to Terrible.

Naval reports
    -Admiral Johannes has driven off a few Russian ships near Thorn. Unfortunately none were sunk he has then blockaded Thorn's port.
    -Admiral Nikolaus has driven off the Hungarian navy near Marseille and is now rebuilding his fleet at Marseille.
    -Admiral Phillip has sailed near Hans' position to escape the Venetian navy.

Land Battles
    -Captain Philipp has engaged the rebels north of Magdeburg with assistance from the cavalry at Hamburg and won a resounding victory.
    -Friedrich Scherer has attacked the opened gates of Paris and captured the city for the empire. Paris is now Imperial territory.

The Holy Crusade for Damascus
    -Duke Leopold, Conrad Salier, Fredericus von Hamburg, Karl Zirn and Helmut von Hamburg have joined the crusade and have moved near Thessalonica. (note they have more knights than is allowed (GB count as knights...) but there were not enough men to form a second crusade fast enough and it is unlikely they will be attacked until they reach Outremer)

Generals

-Jonas von Mahren has retreated from the siege of Thessalonica and is now moving towards Ragusa.
    -Günther von Kastilien is now besieging Thorn.
    -Ansehelm von Kastilien has taken command of Breslau's garrison as he requested.
    -Prince Jobst now garrisons Staufen to retrain his troops, but his Templar regiment has been dispatched to Frankfurt to recruit more men.
    -Elberhard has built a watchtower near the bridge to Edessa and taken control of Aleppo's garrison.
    -Emperor Henry has moved to the border of Damascus and erected a watchtower.
    -Fritz von Kastilien has garrisoned Florence.
    -Peter von Kastilien is en route to Zagreb for now.
    -Hans has sailed north and is now near the shores of Constantinople.
    -Friedrich Scherer has taken Paris and garrisoned it with the SHA.
    -Lothar Steffen has taken the bulk of the BHA and is on his way towards Zagreb.
    -Harold von Dassel has garrisoned Dijon.

Useful intelligence

Outstanding battles
    Duke Scherer has taken the Swabian Household Army and is now assaulting Paris. I await word of the battle. Duke Scherer has won a victory over the French and has decided to sack Paris. As a result, there will be more florins available for construction and our reputation suffers.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-02-2007 at 20:32.

Build Queue Budapest

Ballista Tower's
    Blacksmith

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Build Order for Prague

Abbey
    Blacksmith
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Build orders:

Paris
    1. Ballista Towers
    4.Great Market
    10.City Hall

Rheims
    1. Ballista Towers continued
    3.Church
    5. mine
    7. Council Chambers
    10. church

Staufen
    1. Marksman Range continued
    3. Jousting Fields
    5. Heavy Armourer
    10. stables

I understand that some of the buildings are quite expensive so you do not necessarily have to build in the order stated. My recent sack of Paris has given us a nice influx of money so build orders should be satisfied relatively easily.

Orders for Swabian House Army: build up a garrison in Paris and afterwards siege Caen followed by the city west of Paris. After these two have fallen, Bruges is to be taken. Reinforcements should be trained in Staufen and be sent to the front lines as quickly as possible.

Chancellor's report, 1222AD

My lords, may I draw your attention to my report for this year of my chancellorship.
    Budapest and Zagreb have been besieged by the Hungarians. I am doing what I can to reinforce their garrisons with troops from nearby cities. I have sent the majority of the Vienna garrison to help defend Budapest. I pray they arrive before the Hungarians decide to assault the walls. However, while we have two large standing forces near Zagreb, none of them is able to fight the battle due to the lack of knights.
    Large Danish forces have appeared near Frankfurt and Hamburg. I have sent Prince Jobst north to deal with the threat and hired additional knights and militia at nearby settlements to reinforce and deter the invaders.
    The French crusading army has entered the lands around Staufen and I am carefully watching their moves and sent a spy to investigate.
    A Milanese force has landed around Florence. Florence might also been infiltrated by a foreign spy, although I cannot say for sure due to contradictory reports. However, I am hiring a spy to take care of it.
    On a slightly lighter note, Fritz von Kastilien informs me that the populace of Florence decided to riot, but despite the unrest, nobody was hurt and no vital buildings were damaged.
    With Duke Scherer's authorization, the master thieves' guild at Paris has been demolished, leaving only the master thieves' guild at Dijon.
    Lastly, the hiring of a large force in Outremer goes very well. We now have over 8 newly trained regiments of Pavise crossbowmen and several knight and crossbow regiments should be available in the following year in addtion.

Construction
    -Milan: Mayor's Palace
    -Stettin: Inn (Chancellor's choice)
    -Marseille: Ballista Towers
    -Thorn: Small Chapel (Chancellor's choice)

Spy reports
    -Dieter von Darmstadt (Spy) has joined Prince Jobst's forces.
    -Dimarus der Rote (Spy) has spied on the French crusader army.
    -Hamburg has been infiltrated by enemy spies and lacks the means to defend against them.
    -Adolf der Bartige (Spy) has left Metz for an undisclosed location.

Assassin reports
    -An inquisitor has entered the lands around Florence. As we lack the forces necessary to hunt him down, I am training an assassin in Milan.
    -Welf von Courcy has managed to assassinate the French princess Agnesot who was on her way to seduce Duke Scherer.

Priest reports
    -Rudolf Ruesdorf (Priest) has been elevated into the college of cardinals.
    -Wikerus der Bar (Priest) has successfully denounced the heretic Juva north of Antioch.
    -Tancred von Magdeburg (Priest) has given up pursuit of Oxynta and has instead unsuccessfully attempted to denounce the witch Bendis.
    -Eusebius von Salzgitter has been found dead after I sent him out to denounce the witch Bendis. The empire mourns its loyal priest.

Merchant reports
    -Johann von Frieberg (Merchant) is now trading Sugar south of Antioch.
    -The merchant expedition has reached Cairo and is now trading spices and sugar.

Diplomacy
    -I have granted the English maps and 600 florins as well as a tribute of 200 florins for 12 years. Our relations did not yet improve however.
    -The Byzantines have rejected a very generous offer for mutual military access for a gift of 4000 florins and maps.
    -The Portuguese have rejected my very generous offer for mutual military assistance and a gift of 3500 florins and maps.
    -Pope Vivianus declined an offer of Alliance for maps and 8000 florins.
    -The Moors and our allies the Byzantines have signed a ceasefire agreement.

Naval reports
    -Admiral Johannes has driven off a Polish navy near Thorn and returned to blockade the port of Thorn.
    -Admiral Nikolaus has sailed towards Iberia in hopes of lending support to our Portuguese allies.

Land Battles
    -Harold von Dassel has engaged a rebel force south of Dijon and driven them off.
    -Elberhard has engaged a small Egyptian force led by a noble east of Aleppo and defeated them. The survivors have fled to Damascus.
    -Jonas von Mahren has dealt a crushing blow to the Venetians that dared block his path and managed to bring 1300 florins into the Imperial treasury through ransom.
    -Günther von Kastilien has assaulted Thorn and claimed it back for the empire and Franconia.

-Duke Leopold and the crusade have taken my ships and sailed south. They are now west of Smyrna.

Generals
    -Emperor Henry has moved south of Damascus.
    -Jonas von Mahren's way to Ragusa is blocked by a large Venetian army.
    -Jonas von Mahren has defeated the Ventian army blocking his way and is now en route to besiege Durazzo.
    -Duke Scherer is now constructing watchtowers around Paris.
    -Peter von Kastilien has joined Lothar Steffen and the BHA.
    -I have disembarked near Constantinople and have taken up position on a road near a hill.
    -Prince Jobst has taken the entire garrison of Staufen and is moving towards Hamburg.
    -Arnold has taken several pavise crossbow regiments and is en route to reinforce Jonas von Mahren at Durazzo.

Useful intelligence

Battle results
    1: Jonas von Mahren, 1:1 Odds vs Venetian army

2: Günther von Kastilien, 2:1 Odds vs Russian garrison (Player chose autoresolve)

Outstanding Battles
    - Günther von Kastilien assaults Thorn
    - Jonas von Mahren attacks the Venetians blocking his way.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1222-2.rar
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-06-2007 at 16:44.

Chancellor's Report, 1224 AD

My lords, this year opened with several grave tidings I'm afraid.
    Firstly, the Hungarians have decided to end the siege of Zagreb and assaulted the walls, slaying our brave garrison and occupying the city.

However, their move was not without consequence and the pope quickly excommunicated them.

As you can see, the Milanese have laid siege to Florence as we have feared, bringing our two nations back to war. With this threat on our territory, I am recalling our navy to sink all their ships and use the remainder of the BHA to drive them off our soil.

In other news, two young nobles have come of age. Siegfried von Kastilien and Markus Steffen.

And finally the good news: The danes have retreated from our borders to whence they came from. I shall have Prince Jobst guard the borders regardless to preempt any aggression.

Construction
    Rheims: Mines
    Dijon: City Hall (Chancellor's Choice)
    Staufen: Jousting Lists
    Metz: Inn (Chancellor's Choice)
    Genoa: Council Chambers
    Nuremburg: Mines (Chancellor's Choice)
    Aleppo: Garrison Quarters
    Adana: Blacksmith
    Magdeburg: Jousting Lists (Chancellor's Choice)
    Frankfurt: Blacksmith (Chancellor's Choice)
    Thorn: Land Clearance (Chancellor's Choice)

Spy reports
    - A spy is being recruited in Rheims to counteract a nearby French spy
    - Rainald Erlach has infiltrated Krakow
    - Adolf der Bartige has moved further towards an undiclosed location
    - Dimarus der Rote has returned to Dijon
    - Andreas Ermolt has infiltrated Zagreb

Assassin reports
    - Welf Courcy has been honing his skills on French captains
    - Hans Plittersdorf has begun his career as an assassin by eliminating the Moorish Crown Prince Faraj who has been enjoying our lands for too long.

Priest reports
    - Tancred von Magdeburg has again failed to denounce the witch Bendis.

Merchant reports
    None this year

Diplomacy
    - The pope has again rejected a generous offer of Alliance, this time for maps and 10000 florins.
    - The Byzantines have rejected my generous offer for military assistance, but our relations have improved due to the generosity of the offer.
    - The English have rejected my offer for military assistance, but our relations have improved due to the offer's generosity.
    - I have gifted our Sicilian allies military access.
    - Wenzel von Augsburg (Diplomat) has successfully extorted 100 florins from the Poles in exchange for a truce for 2 years.

Naval reports
    - Admiral Nikolaus is returning to Italy
    - Admiral Johannes has sunk a Danish and a Russian naval force.

Land battles
    - Markus Steffen has hunt down some rebellious peasants north of Rome.
    - Captain Ansehelm from Vienna has beaten the Hungarians besieging Budapest with help from its garrison.
    - Fritz von Kastilien has chased down some Hussites south of Vienna with support from its garrison.
    - Hans has won two great victories against the Hungarians. They have been utterly defeated but have paid the ransom of 2600 to regain some of their battered troops.
    - Captain Lukas, the garrison commander of Bologna has in conjunction with the cavalry from Venice, defeated two regiments of Milanese dismounted feudal knights.
    - Captain Lukas has, together with Fritz von Kastilien and the garrison of Florence, defeated the Milanese invaders.

- Our most holy crusade is now just south of Iconium. I expect them to make landfall next year.

Generals
    - Friedrich Scherer has constructed a watchtower north of Rheims and returned to Paris.
    - Arnold has built a watchtower at the border to Durazzo.
    - Lothar Steffen has split from the BHA with 3 regiments of dismounted feudal knights and 2 regiments armoured sergeants and is en route to Zagreb.
    - Fritz von Kastilien has moved north towards Franconia.
    - Captain Kurt is leading the remainder of the BHA to defend Italy. He is now resting west of Bologna.
    - Markus Steffen has moved north towards Florence.
    - Arnold has joined up with Jonas von Mahren and are now besieging[Clerical error...] standing outside Durazzo with a slightly regenerated AHA and Ehrhart von Mahren a day's march away.
    - I have engaged a small Hungarian force and defeated them. While searching for the large army rumored to be nearby, I found them besieging Constantinople and engaged them.
    -Emperor Henry has moved to the border of Jerusalem to ward off the Mongolian threat that is approaching the eastern border of Damascus.
    - Siegfried von Kastilien has moved towards Breslau.
    - Ansehelm von Kastilien is en route to Thorn.
    - Prince Jobst has moved towards Frankfurt.

Useful intelligence and Developments
    The Milanese seem to have a total of 5 regiments of dismounted feudal knights on Florentine soil equally divided.
    The Milanese have been driven off Imperial soil by the brave Captain Lukas and have fled back onto their ships. I have ordered all prisoners to be executed.

The Hungarian remnants:

Outstanding battles
    Hans engages the Hungarian army in aid of our Byzantine allies.

Battle results
    1: Hans, 4:1 Odds vs small Hungarian army

[Unfortunately I forgot to take an end battle screen... something like losing 1 GB and 6 Pavise crossbows and slaying them all to the last man, ransom refused]

2: Hans, 1:2 Odds vs large Hungarian host besieging Constantinople
    Pre-Battle:

Results:

As such, at the closing of this year, there are no imminent threats to our security as the Milanese have been driven off and the Danes have retreated. Our allies the Byzantines can now also rest safely at night with Constantinople once again freed.
    The only thorn in our collective eye by the end of this year is the taking of Zagreb by the Hungarians. I hope to retake it in 1226.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1224-1.rar
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-10-2007 at 01:39.

Chancellor's Report, 1226 AD

This year opened with only good news I should say.
    Firstly, the Templars have offered to erect a guildhouse in Aleppo. While I lack King Otto's direct authoriztation for it, I would doubt that he would have anything against this construction. As such, I have gone ahead and accepted it.
    Secondly, a man called Marco polo has joined my retinue, claiming to be a trader and explorer. I shall see what this will bring in the future.
    Thirdly, Ruprecht Merode, Wenzel Ritter and Lorenz von Essen have all been selected for the college of cardinals. We now provide 7 of 12 cardinals in the college.
    Lastly, King Charles of Denmark has been excommunicated by the pope. With these news, I believe our borders should be safer as the Danes will have conflicts with the other pious rulers of Christendom soon.

Construction
    Due to the lack of funds, only following constructions could be authorized.
    Paris: City Hall
    Bern: City Hall
    Hamburg: Council Chambers (Chancellor's Choice)
    Florence: Mines

Spy reports
    - Adolf der Bartige is now headed for Hamburg

Assassin reports
    - Welf Courcy has taken out a rebel general named Francoys de Valois near Rheims
    - Hans Plittersdorf has taken out a French Diplomat near Florence and it now headed south to take care of the inquisitor

Priest reports
    - Tancred von Magdeburg has again failed to denounce Bendis

Merchant reports
    - I have hired a merchant at Antioch

Diplomacy
    - I have extorted another 100 florins from the Poles
    - I have obtained military access from the Byzantines for 6000 florins, maps and a tribute of 300 florins for 14 years.
    - The Portuguese have declined an offer of 1500 florins and maps for military access.
    - I have sold the Mongols some maps for 1200 florins.

Naval reports
    - Admiral Johannes has driven off the Polish navy near Thorn
    - Admiral Nikolaus has defeated the Milanese navy carrying their knights. They managed to escape however and now he is blockading Ajaccio's port.

Land battles
    - Captain Markus has crushed a few rebels near Venice with aid of its garrison.
    - Captain Johann, commander of Genoa, has defeated the Moor-turned-rebel east of Genoa.
    - Captain Kurt, the garrison commander of Rheims, has defeated the leaderless rebels near Rheims.
    - Captain Elberhard, commander of Frankfurt, has defeated the rebels blocking Prince Jobst's path.
    - Elberhard has chased down some rebel peasants near Aleppo.

- The Holy Crusade has reached Damascus and should be starting the siege in the next year.

Generals
    - Lothar Steffen is now besieging Zagreb with his small force.
    - Jonas von Mahren is now besieging Durazzo with the AHA and Ehrhart von Mahren's support regiment.
    - Ansehelm von Kastilien is now garrisoning Thorn
    - Siegfried von Kastilien is now garrisoning Breslau
    - Peter von Kastilien is now north of Vienna
    - I have moved north to the border to Sofia. Several Hungarian armies can be seen.
    - Markus Steffen is now garrisoning Bologna
    - Gerhard Steffen has noticed that the warts are gone
    - Prince Jobst is now west of Frankfurt, en route to Antwerp
    - Emperor Henry is holding a position at the border to Jerusalem. I have ferried trrops to-and-fro to reinforce him but this resulted in a drop of standing with the pope.
    - Günther von Kastilien has erected a watchtower north of Thorn.
    - Sigismund von Mahren has built a watchtower at the eastern border of Ragusa.

Useful Intelligence and Developments
    The Hungarians have split their garrison of Zagreb and are now roaming the lands divided.
    The Mongols have reached Damascus.

Outstanding battles
    None

Battle reports
    None

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1226.rar (Start)
    http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1226-1.rar (End)
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-10-2007 at 01:39.

Here follows the Franconian Build queue, do note that everything which is currently in the queues should be finished first:

Thorn: repair all (if not already done)
    chapel
    military building (to the chancellor's and it's count's discretion)

Breslau:

Fairground
    Abbey

Magdenburg

Armourer

Hamburg

Ballista towers
    warehouse
    brothel

Frankfurt:

City Hall
    Tavern
    Militia Drill Square

The FHA in the east shall be commanded by myself, and will make sure Russian incursion is seen from way out (spies, watchtowers etc. ) and when that is seen to, the FHA shall move southwards to once and for all take Krakow. As the second household army hasn't been proposed in the last Diet session, von Hamburg's northern army will have to wait.

Special Chancellor's Report, 1227 AD

My lords, I felt that the events of this year deserve special attention and as such I will write them here instead of reporting on them in my next full report.

The empire faced two battles this year, the first one being the Venetian sally against our siege of Durazzo and the latter the declaration of war by the Mongols upon our most holy empire by assaulting our holy emperor Henry.

The frist of two battles has been resolved from what I hear, and while Durazzo is ours, the price of victory was steep. For the first time in many years, the empire lost a noble man in battle. I shall not ponder at this time whether it was god's will or a cruel twist of fate, but honor the most valorous Ehrhart von Mahren, who gave his life to protect that of his father and the Steward of Austria. For his deeds made victory possible and his sacrifice prevented the death of many more men of the empire.
    As such, I, Chancellor Hans, knight Ehrhart von Mahren posthumously in memory of his service to the house of Austria and the empire.
    I mourn with Austria and Jonas von Mahren and I am certain the rest of the empire does too.
    Doge Benasuto vs Jonas von Mahren, Odds 1:1 sally at Durazzo. Heroic victory.

Let us hope that the news we shall receive shortly from our emperor Henry will be less dire, for losing one noble in one year is bad enough already. My prayers are with my father at this time, in hope that he shall find a glorious victory over these heathen horsemen.

News arrived this day from Outremer and I am proud to declare to all that our most noble emperor has slain the Mongol infidel that dared attacked us en route to Jerusalem. While our losses were heavy, their's are even more so. I shall now make arrangements for the armies of Outremer to be replenished and reinforced a soon as possible.
    Bayan the Wrathful vs Emperor Henry, Odds 3:2 field battle north east of Jerusalem. Clear Victory.

Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-06-2007 at 11:26.

Dear Chancellor,

Austrian Orders.

A fresh militia garrison is to be recruited in Durazzo.

All AHA troops are to reform in Ragusa for rest, rearming and reconstitution.

Once complete I will determine which unknighted von Mahren noble is to accompany me to hunt down the last remaining Hungarian Army in Austrian lands.

Please note my comments towards your office in the Diet proceedings.

Durazzo is not an ideal expansion point and the AHA should not expend any further troops in its defense. Watch towers would be of an advantage.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 06-05-2007 at 21:13.

Chancellor's Report, 1228 AD

My lords, this year opens with mixed news once again.
    As you may have read in my special report in 1227, two of our noble leaders have beaten back enemy hordes that have surrounded them. Once again, this is proof that our most holy roman empire can stand up against any threat both known and unknown.
    However, while the Mongols have lost a fifth of their army in Outremer, the rest have laid siege to our crusade target, Damascus, and Duke Leopold will have to make a decision whether and which of these hordes to attack. I await his word on that decision.
    In other news, Matthias Steffen has come of age:

It seems that he has gained much from his father's expertise in battle.

Construction
    Acre: Blacksmith
    Antioch: Abbey
    Ragusa: Blacksmith
    Aleppo: Drill Square
    Nuremburg: City Hall (Chancellor's Choice)
    Rheims: Council Chambers
    Bologna: Huge Stone Wall
    Zagreb: Grain Exchange

Following constructions were made possible by my victory over the Hungarians:
    Sofia: Small chapel (Chancellor's Choice)
    Rome: Cathedral (Chancellor's Choice)
    Vienna: Crop Rotation
    Thorn: Jousting Lists (Chancellor's Choice)
    Prague: Blacksmith

Spy reports
    Adolf der Bartige has investigated a Danish army nearby and has now moved to Hamburg.
    Thorsten von Erfurt has infiltrated Damascus.
    Athalwolf Engel has infiltrated Damscus.

Assassin reports
    Welf Courcy continues to hone his skills on French captains
    Hans Plittersdorf has taken care of the inquisitor roaming our lands in Italy.

Priest reports
    Tancred von Magdeburg has denounced the heretic Oxynta
    Two cardinals at Damascus have changed places with priests from Antioch
    A priest is being trained at Durazzo

Merchant reports
    None

Diplomacy
    The Portuguese continue to refuse us military access
    The Sicilians continue to refuse us military access

Naval reports
    Admiral Ansehelm has split from Admiral Conrad of the crusader fleet.
    Admiral Ulrich has engaged a lone Venetian navy carrying a large army but despit their victory failed to sink them. Our relations with the pope suffer slightly as a result
    Admiral Johannes has driven off a Polish navy near Thorn
    Admiral Conrad has taken up pursuit and sunk the elusive Venetian fleet with together with the army it carried.

Land Battles
    Captain Ulf has defeated a few rebels near Nuremburg.
    Captain Markus of the Hamburg garrison has engaged a Danish force and defeated it. Ransom was denied.
    Hans has assaulted Sofia and taken it, sacking the citadel.
    Hans has attacked several Hungarian regiments near Sofia and allowed to prisoners to go free as a sign of good will
    Lothar Steffen has defeated the remainder of Zagreb's occupiers.
    Leopold has defeated Aradai in a field battle south of Damascus.
    Leopold has defeated the Mongol Khan and Khanza but fell in battle.
    Otto von Kassel has defeated the last Mongols near Jerusalem.

- The crusaders have vanquished the Mongol threat and are now free to move onto Damascus.

Generals
    -Arnold has built a watchtower near Durazzo and has taken the AHA north towards Ragusa.
    -Jonas von Mahren is travelling alone north to Franconia.
    -Sigismund von Mahren has joined the AHA
    -Prince Jobst has built a watchtower north of Metz to the border of Antwerp and has moved into Danish territory.
    -Matthias Steffen has built a watchtower south of Rome and is now headed north.
    -Peter von Kastilien has garrisoned Prague
    -Otto von Kassel has moved to Damascus with the Outremer army
    -Emperor Henry has been reinforced with fresh troops
    -All nobles except for Fredericus von Hamburg and Leopold have split from the main crusading army and are joined by Elberhard
    -Captain Kurt and the BHA are now near Zagreb.
    -Fritz von Kastilien is moving towards Innsbruck.

Outstanding Battles
    1: Hans vs Prince Peter the Faithless at siege of Sofia
    2: Hans vs Captain Andras near Sofia
    3: Lothar Steffen vs Hungarians occupying Zagreb
    4/5: Leopold vs Mongols near Damascus
    6: Otto von Kassel vs Jebe

Battle results
    1: Hans vs Prince Peter the Faithless, Odds 1:1 siege battle. Heroic victory

2: Hans vs Captain Andras, Odds 5:2 field battle. Clear victory

3: Lothar Steffen vs Captain Cziriak, Odds 3:1 siege battle. Clear Victory

4: Leopold vs Aradai, Odds 3:2 field battle. Clear victory

5: Leopold vs Khan Jebuk and Khanza Batudhun, Odds 1:1 field battle. Clear Victory.

6: Otto von Kassel vs Khan Jebe, Odds 1:1 field battle. Clear victory.

This year has seen many proud events, among others the protection of both empire and pope by the destruction of the Mongols at the hands of our emperor Henry, our Duke Leopold and our King Otto.

Without each of their bravery and skill, the empire's fledgling outremer provinces could have been overrun and the papacy displaced. Duke Leopold gave his life to defeat three Mongol armies on his own, a sacrifice that will be remembered in the history of the empire and as an inspiration to all future generations.
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-10-2007 at 01:40.

I hereby appoint my son, Peter, as count of Breslau. I also request the chancellor to make sure he is placed - somewhere in the near future - made to join my force in the east, so as to make sure he can be knighted as soon as possible.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast