Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Orders and reports thread

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: Orders and reports thread

The Chancellor

Well, I guess that is a clear indication of what is happening in Swabia.

If anyone would care to fill the leadership void I would greatly appreciate some strategy before I enact the orders for this season.

Welf, well done...god know's how you managed that but the report should clarify things. I assume then that you still have your channel open to Duke Leopold.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 01-31-2008 at 09:10.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Welf:

My Lord Chancellor,

With Count Ruppel entombed in Bern and Count von Bohmen on leave in Antwerp, the only remaining strategic issue for Swabia concerns SHA1. The movement orders for this army are now in the first instance the responsibility of its new commander, General der Cervole.

For what it is worth, my impression was that SHA1 may be able to reach Dijon this year if the ribault battery is left behind. Personally, I found the ribaults next to useless in the relief of Bern so I would not regard their absence as a major problem. However, General der Cervole may view the matter otherwise. And I believe Count Ruppel - whose mastery of tactics is widely acknowledged - has argued for the use of artillery to help relieve Dijon.

In the absence of clarification from these individuals, the most cautious option would be to retain the ribault and advance SHA1 towards Dijon. (OOC: you may have to ditch the peasant archers to keep within the historical armies rule.) The lancers besieging Dijon are content to wait out the siege, so the matter is not yet urgent.

Yours

Welf

The Chancellor

Sir Welf,

While the issue in Dijon is still not critical, it is stifling the entire Swabian front and to be perfectly honest the situation there and around Magdeburg is a #$%@#ing painin the arse and I would like it resolved in my term of office.

Keep in mind Bruges is besieged yet again and as we have no commander in the city I fret over the outcome should the French commence their assault. Someone needs to get up there to relieve the situation.

I'll await word from Sir Hugo or Count Ruppel on the artillery matter. The 1st SHA Army will head towards Dijon this year...it will simply be a case of determining the distance.

OOC: The army you used to crush the French...was that historical?
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 01-31-2008 at 11:22.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

On second thoughts, seeing how Comte Ruppel is in no danger of immediate assault by the French, and with the SHA confirmed to be still plagued, I would ask permission to oversee the governance of Bern until all diseased soldiers of the SHA are either dead or cured.

OOC : I did what Econ suggested (and contrary to what FH said) on end turn, Hugo found himself plagued... I hope it is not too late...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 01-31-2008 at 10:58.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan de Castelreng
    On second thoughts, seeing how Comte Ruppel is in no danger of immediate assault by the French, and with the SHA confirmed to be still plagued, I would ask permission to oversee the governance of Bern until all diseased soldiers of the SHA are either dead or cured.

OOC : I did what Econ suggested (and contrary to what FH said) on end turn, Hugo found himself plagued... I hope it is not too late...
    Your fine Tristan. I knew you were not going to see the plague until the next turn. It doesn't happen in real time.

I guessed it was still plagued...but you're heading to Dijon with the SHA in tow anyway. Unless you can explain why you shouldn't.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 01-31-2008 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant
    OOC: The army you used to crush the French...was that historical?
    OOC: To be honest, I did not think to check but looking back I think it was. I had eight knights (gen + 3TK + 3DFK + 1DIK), which is the maximum but otherwise it was pretty balanced.

EDIT: Oops - from the screenshots there were 4DFK, so no, it was not historical. The 19 DIK could go without affecting the army's power much, though.
    Last edited by econ21; 01-31-2008 at 23:23.

Chancellier,

I would ask the spear militias from Bern to be put at my disposal and if possible the recruitment of mercenary Pavise Xbows and spearmen from around Dijon so as to replace the losses due to the plague in the SHA.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Any time you're fighting a high morale force (3x silver Lancers) I think a ribault can be useful. The trouble is getting it in just the right position so it can fire at just the right moment and hit only the enemy. It doesn't even have to kill anything, just having it fire at them will substantially reduce their morale.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

I was thinking more along the lines of sally, place ribault nicely at the Lancer's flanks, and fire striking through the long line of lancers

As for the plaguing, thats interesting. Are you sure you didn't just miss the plague icon appearing in Hugo's portrait after merging? Thats what usually is the case.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Sure... There was no icon the first time I did it... I know where to look...

Is it automatic ? I seem to remember in previous TW games that you seem to have a random chance (high but still...)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

The Chancellor

Please note my lords that I will not be making any recommendations this season.

I ask you all to assess your situations and inform me accordingly, or attack as you see fit with the forces under your command.

Taking the save to update and provide a little momentum for a few people.

-edit-

Just to be clear. I didn't see the start of the turn so I have no idea which avatar less forces are plagued or unplague. So again I will have to take a very conservative approach to the combining forces. And there are a number of forces out and about without avatars. Frankfurt is about to be sieged as well I think.

Plus two major issues.

Magdeburg the Citadel is unplagued, yet the two avatars inside are plagued. I'm leaving them in there due to the number of Poles outside wanting to come in...again.

Bavarian Otto/Gerhard Corp has Lothar uninfected but Erlach infected. I'm going to move Lothar out of there just to be sure.

if this is not ok please let me know. Of course if anyone fights a battle that will lock in the moves I do now.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-01-2008 at 20:55.

Chancellor Report 1358 continued

My Lords this is my last full report to you as Chancellor. I will have the next report prepared in the initial stages for the man that follows me into office. I am preparing the Reich for a period of expansion like we have never seen before. With the plague now essentially over we can face the challenges ahead without the fear of death by disease and the corruption of our bodies.

The Office of the Exchequer

Again a merchant is being recruited in Antioch. Given the value of these trade routes this investments is clearly needed.

The Cidatel in Magdeburg is being repaired in expectation that yet another siege next season.

As I mentioned previously our standing with the Pope has fallen. I initially approached his holiness with what I thought was a favourable offer. I was sadly mistaken.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As a result of this outrageous attitude toward me there was a small incident in Ragusa with one of the Preferati's retinue. I threaten him with bodily harm at one point, but the matter has now been resolved and we have settled on an agreement that should have us in good standing in the early stages of the next Chancellor's term of office.

I continue to enjoy my time with the Russian nobility. This season, while taking some time off to celebrate my survival of the plague, I managed to get yet another noble of Russia completely drunk. Surprisingly he was a the brother of the Russian Exchequer. We entered into yet another excellent round of negotiations which left us with the following deal.

This allow the following things to occur;

The War Office

The offensive season saw just one engagement.

Von Luxemburg has yet again smashed the French force approaching Staufen. God knows how he is managing this but I'll take the results every time.

Recruiting:
    As mentioned previously this is my last report and therefore I have enacted a massive recruiting surge. The following regiments where requested from the War Office for next year. This is one of the largest troop surges we have had in the last 50 years and dates back to before the beginning of the Cataclysm.

Rome: 1 x Militia Halberd; 1 x Militia Crossbowman
    Milan: 1 x Militia Spearmen; 1 x Militia Crossbowman
    Innsbruck: 1 x DFK; 1 x Pavise Crossbowman; 1 x Armoured Spearmen
    Staufen: 1 x Pavise Crossbowman; 1 x Mounted Crossbowman; 1 x reinforced DFK
    Acre: 1 x DFK; 1 x Pavise Crossbowman; 1 x Armoured Spearmen
    Ragusa: 1 x DFK; 1 x Pavise Crossbowman; 1 x Armoured Spearmen
    Adana: Reinforced the following; 1 x Canon; 2 x Pavise Crossbowman
    Vienna: 2 x Forlorn Hope; 1 x Canon
    Prague: 3 x Militia Spearmen
    Frankfurt: 2 x Teutonic Knights
    Arhus: 1 x hand gunner
    With Fritz: 3 x Sergent Spearmen (Mercs)

Regional Report

Swabia (Home of strife and French loving)

von Luxemburg the magnificent: went on the offensive and attacked and defeated the French force heading for Staufen. In affect he has consecrated what is now clearly the 2nd SHA. He is now the commander of this army as far as I'm concerned.

Count Ruppel the continually stuck in Dijon: remains in Dijon with the 1st SHA now one season away.

von Bohmen, the siege queen: is still in Antwerp while Bruges has now come under siege yet again. I will be strongly recommending a relief action by Ludwig when he is back on active duty.

Duke von Salza of the spring break: continued eastward and has now set up a very nice marquee and drink station on a bridge just south of Nuremburg. If any nobles are heading through the area I recommend a stop and partake of the facilities there. They are truly befitting a Duke of this Realm.

Sir Hugo the slightly impressive: is now outside the walls of Dijon with the 1st SHA. The plagued still infects this force so it is stations in a reinforcing position for the moment.

Kaiser slightly dreadful & Sir Hermann Steffen the brilliant: have made their way through the alps and are entering the Swabian theater of conflict to add some of their momentum and skill the front.

Franconia (land of our greatest and most lethargic generals)

Count Fritz (the surprise expert): has now reset his ambush and is hoping that the Danish £$%%head sticks his todger straight back into the frying pan.

Magdeburg...ahh Magdeburg, a wonderful place of charming inhabitance and Polish visitors. Sir Tancred and the Franconian Duck...Duke. I've bet the Russian noble 10 000 florins they are besieged once again next season. Of course the idiot has accepted the wager.

Austria (The eastern front, dangerous, yet pretty in summer, dull in winter and full of merchants who want something.

Johann Zirn (such a nice pleasant chap...a shame really he seems to have some much potential): has separated from his brother and Hapsburg and is now stationed south of Vienna with a number of canon, some professional regiments and elements of the Vienna garrsion. He will be screening my approach on Zagreb and protecting Vienna from the incoming Hungarian forces.

Lord Becker (he of the Pole planter): is again recruiting further forces in light of another impending Polish siege. Prague is turning out to be one of the great holding actions of the Reich's history. The Poles simply slam themselves to pieces upon the walls being guarded by Lord Becker.

Bavaria (Land of spaghetti, capitals and annoying goat cheese eaters.)

Prinz Dieter's(the quite achiever): has left Rome and taken up position further north. It is hoped he is going to tempted the Byzantine forces out of Florence and bring the other Greek forces south to relieve the pressure near the river Po. He is set up nicely on the side of a mountain and has two smaller forces approaching as reinforcements.

Duke Lothar (he of the newly minted grey hair): has been moved to Venice. He is uninfected and I am not having him risk reinfection by staying with the “Otto/Gerhard Memorial Corp”. Elements of the Innsbruck garrison are heading south to the Duke at this time

Count Erlach (poxed ridden but still in the saddle): is now on the central bridge over the Po with a near fully completely formed “Otto/Gerhard Memorial Corp”. It is hoped this force with make the Greeks rethink the idea of heading over the Po

Outremer (such a well run and happy place)

The Viceroy (Mr Perfect): has moved back into Adana to rearm and reinforce his army. The Greeks continue to prance around like complete fools.

von Salzgitter (Mr Perfect's best friend): is infected and will remained on the Iron Bridge until he is free of the plague.

Chancellor's Notes:

With just one engagement this season we seem to have entirely run out of momentum. As this coincides with the end of my term in Office I'm not sure if it is luck or that I have caused it myself. Never the less our enemies continue to maintain their offensive posture towards us.

OOC: Situation before pressing end turn.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1358-10.zip

Defensive season to follow:

Results

We had just one engagement this defensive season. Sir Fritz bloodied the nose of the aggressive Danish Prinz and withdrew to a better defensive position.

That concludes the report for 1358.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-04-2008 at 16:15.

I appreciate the spearmen Chancellor Arnold. If the Danes will come I mean to break them. Also at the Diet session I mean to propose a method for breaking the stalemate in Franconia, so rest assured it is a temporary situation.

The Chancellor

Excellent Lord Fritz. Something must be done in the north, and you seem to be the catalyst for that solution.

The defensive season is upon us!!

There is one action to be taken.

Lord Fritz, the Danes have taken the bait once more they have no idea and a night action is possible.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1358-11.zip

OOC: Save straight afterwards Ramses.

To you all I will move to 1360 on Monday afternoon to give the Diet session a set of weekdays instead of a weekend.

OOC: Have to talk to the wife and make sure I have enough time right now. My mother in law's birthday is today.

OOC: So obviously she said no (and slugged me for being 'insensitive'). Putting the lil one to bed now, and I'll be able to fight this in about an hour.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1358-12.zip

I bled them and withdrew. With the large amounts of cavalry they fielded I was unable to execute my customary ambush tactics against their infantry. With hundreds of unbreakable Honor Guard Norse Swordsmen approaching my spearmen it was clear that the battle had no positive outcome. I am able to report that I inflicted two hundred casualties on them to thirty seven losses among my men.

My first retreat of the Danish campaign. I will still break them, this will simply draw out their torment a little longer.

Fritz von Kastilien

(Maybe I was just feeling timid because of the MIL party, or because my daughter was making funny sounds upstairs. They'll never take Arhus though! )

The Chancellors Remarks

The year is 1360 my lords. This is the current situation as reported to me upon my departure for Nuremberg where the Kaiser and the Diet Speaker will open the 15th Diet session of the Holy Roman Empire.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1360.zip

It has been a privilege to have served as the Chancellor of this Empire.

It has been a trying period over the last 20 years, but I can now safely say that the the Black Death has finally finished. We have reported no civilian or military fatalities in the last season and barring a few nobles and administrators we should be free of this by the start of next season.

In the following reports you will see the following general issues.

Zagreb has been assaulted and exterminated by the Hungarian. I will be making my presence full known in Zagreb in the next few years and the Hungarian will rue the day they decided to take such appalling actions on our civilian population. In addition Prague and Magdeburg are now again under siege by the Polish. I've collected the 10 000 florins from my Russian colleague and will be investing it in troops for the coming onslaught against the Hungarian pigs.

Some good news did come out of Prague just before it was placed under siege.

A merchant guild house was completed.

The OFFICE of the Exchequer also informed me that the following diplomatic relations have occurred plus we had another of our Bishops promoted to the rank of Cardinal.

In other news we have taken a massive hit to our diplomatic, priest and merchant classes. In the past season three merchants, two priest and one diplomat passed away. These must be replaced as soon as possible as some of the merchants where involved in massively lucrative endeavors.

Our economy has taken a hit as a result.

The House of Bavaria and specifically the Steffen family have now a fully grown set of twins.

At this time my lords I will ask you all to make your respective travel arrangements so we can convene the upcoming Diet session as soon as possible. The next Chancellor has much to do and is now in an excellent position to being retaking and expanding on what our Reich was before the Cataclysm and the Black Death took from us.

I look forward to meeting you all in person for the first time in many years.

Long Live the Reich!!!
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-05-2008 at 18:17.

My Chancellor I find myself in a difficult position and I must ask for aid. Though my ambush succeeded as well as I had expected against the immensely superior army of Prince Stenkil, my withdrawal from the island was a failure and I no longer have a clear path of march to reinforce Arhus. Additionally reports are that the city is free of the plague, and my men are not. If I am to decamp the island I must do so by calling on an old mercenary friend's ship(s?).

I trust that I have earned sufficient capital with my victories to take up the slack of this loss. It is clearly undesirable to move my plagued army into the clean city, and my forces are insufficient to bring home victory from a field battle against the overwhelming cavalry might of Prince Stenkil's Honor Guard, so I instead intend to sail north and raid Oslo, unless that fortress is overwhelmingly garrisoned. Perhaps the spy in the region, Herman, could be sent north ahead of me to scout the region.

Rest assured I will return in time to prevent the Danes from capturing Arhus. Leave Captain Euse(whatever) where he is, and he'll fight a delaying action to slow Stenkil's advance (He's useless spear militia and couldn't make it to the ships where Fritz would hire them anyway). Any of my men who are unable to fit aboard the ships should probably be left where they are to attempt to withdraw again in the event of Stenkil's attack.

Fritz von Kastilien

OOC: So resetting the ambush was a mistake, as evidently you can't properly withdraw from an ambush site. What are KotR's rules for travel by ship? How much of Fritz's army can I fit on one ship, etc.

edit: rather than waste another post, the doctor thing was a waste of time. A hour waiting for an unecessary 'last minute' appointment where she essentially said 'Yep, you need a steroid. Now go wait another 30 minutes at the pharmacy of your choice. Have a nice day!'

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP
    OOC What are KotR's rules for travel by ship? How much of Fritz's army can I fit on one ship, etc.
    It's two units per ship, so if there is only one merc ship, then it would be Fritz plus the unit of your choice. Sorry it sounds grim.

OOC: Two ships are available, if the funds can be spared. I could take Fritz, the bombard, the longbowmen (They more or less have to come for IC reasons) and probably the mercenary crossbowmen.

If only one can be purchased I'll probably take Fritz and the longbowmen.

If I'd really understood what was going to happen I probably would've fought that ambush a lot differently, or taken advantage of that second attack better, but I thought 'withdraw' would mean actually withdrawing. Fortunes of war. Stenkil is moving slowly because of his ballistae, so right now I'm more worried about that army I ransomed last time moving right past him and sieging Arhus.

Either way, Arhus falls over Fritz's dead body. Hopefully the men who get left behind can actually withdraw next year, when attacked, and hopefully in the direction of Arhus too. Otherwise I'll be ferrying them around on those ships for awhile.

Sir Fritz,

I regret to say that my official powers are now discharged and you will have to take that up with the next Chancellor.

I will mention your situation for specific attention in my personal report to the next man.

Regards
    Duke Arnold

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Build Queue for Prague.

Taxes set to low.

1. Alchemist's Lab
    2. " "
    3. " "
    4. Huge Stone Walls
    5. " "
    6. " "
    7. " "
    8. Merchant's Quarter
    9. " "
    10. " "

This queue stands regardless of whether or not it is possible to construct Huge Stone Walls in Prague.

Austrian Army Orders

1st AHA will be commanded by Count Zirn. Its primary task is to protect Vienna and screen Zagreb while it is retaken. Eventually and as the situation permits it should march on Budapest and retake it.

2nd AHA will be command by myself. It's primary aim is to retake Zagreb and remove the Hungarian's from the interior. It should then defend the southern approaches to the Duchy as best as the Chancellor sees fit.

The militia garrison of Prague is commanded by Lord Becker. Defending Prague and assaulting Breslau it's its primary focus.

Duke Arnold

Build orders to follow.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-08-2008 at 11:02.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Build Queue for Acre:

1st: Armoury
    2nd: Heavy Armourer

If at any time these two are too expensive but 1600 can be spared, I would like a Jousting List to be built.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Build Queues

Adana
    Ballista Towers
    Heavy Amrorer
    Chancellor's Discretion

Antioch
    Church
    City Hall
    Fairground

Taxes set to avoid rioting

Army Orders:

My army is to stay in the area of Adana, hopefully to be reinforced with infantry and cavalry. If advantageous attacks can be made against Greek forces, I will make them.

Andreas's army is to take the lead on assaulting Cyprus. Please consult with him concerning strategy and what troops he will need.

Edessa will be attacked if troops can be spared after Cyprus. Iconium and Caesarea are targets of oppurtunity once Edessa has been transferred.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Orders for Swabia as per previous term.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

If the funds are available I would like to have my understrength unit of Pavise Crossbowmen (only one man left! ), Dismounted Feudal Knights, and Armoured Sergeants retrained. If the field army by Nikosia is to be defeated I would request an additional two units of armoured spearmen, and some basilisks to take out the citadel's walls. Lastly, there are a couple units of turcopole mercs in the area that could be hired. Dealing with the Greek Horsearchers outside Acre before was a huge pain, and I'd like to repay the favor.

OOC: This would put me at about 3/4 of a stack, to the Byzantines army's full stack.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

The army commanded by Fredericus Erlach will be BHA Gerhard and he will remain in command of it. As far as I am concerned, BHA Otto does not exist at the moment, but I have high hopes that we will soon receive sufficient reinforcements to reconstitute it. I give specific permission to have the Bavarian armies bulked up with militia if professional troops are not available, though I do demand that all recruitment in Innsbruck be directed towards Bavaria for the forseeable future. When BHA Otto is assembled, I will personally command it.

I would like to have one of my two sons, I care not which, to travel to BHA Gerhard to act as Count Erlach's second. Perhaps he can prove himself in battle at the same time. I will personally supervise my other son.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast