Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Orders and reports thread

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Re: Orders and reports thread

Arnold

I was just about to go and take Zagreb, but it seems as that while I was asleep my army commanders decided to do it without me.

Zagreb is now part of Austria once more and I'm at the Chancellor's disposal on how best to remove the Hungarian presence from the interior of my Duchy.

The bridge to the east looks like a nice place to try and goad both Hungarian stacks to their destruction.

I'm going to take another nap, so if I wake up and find I've missed the slaughter I'll be £$^£ing pissed!!
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-17-2008 at 10:17.

Can you march Dieter and as many men as possible towards Breslau please.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I am going to sally forth and probe for weaknesses in the French army. If I can do damage to them without risk to my army, I will do so. If I cannot, I will retire behind the walls and await the assault.

OOC: Taking the save.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Rarely have I enjoyed a battle as I did this day, fighting from the walls of my own, beloved Florence against the foppish French. I thank the Chancellor for the generous amount of Pavise Crossbowmen he has supplied me with, both Bavarians or Mercenaries. With these men on the walls, the enemy crossbowmen were mercilessly slaughtered when they came forward to engage the forces outside the gatehouse. The French then foolishly committed their cavalry piecemeal to the battle, allowing my small number of spearmen to deal with them a regiment at a time. Finally, with nothing but infantry remaining on the field, it was a relatively simple affair to mop them up with whatever ranged regiments I still had, along with cavalry charges. I am proud to say that the French army has been completely annihilated, its prisoners executed, and the entire province of Florence is free from enemy intrusions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would also like to express my admiration for these gunpowder devices that the Chancellor made available to me. They served superbly, and I see now why the Austrians are so enamored with them. I hope they will begin appearing more regularly in Bavarian armies.

http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/kotr1366-4.zip

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

I think it's about time to assault Nikosia.

OOC: Taking the save
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Nikosia has been taken. There were some losses, mostly among the cavalry. However, all in all casualties were light. I hope to take out that Greek field army on Cyprus next season, but will likely need to have some heavy infantry. Failing that, I can easily take them if they siege Nikosia, in a sally or two.

http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/kotr1366-5.zip
    Last edited by Zim; 02-17-2008 at 19:59.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

The offensive season is now closed!

I expect a busy defensive season on most fronts. Swabia will have priority on training new recruits, but I expect funds to suffice for men at all of our citadels with the exception of Palermo.

Fritz von Kastilien

1366 Recruitment and Construction Report (End of Season Report)

I mention a curiosity here, as word reached me through official channels. A French Princess commonly known as Guillemette the Snob suffered a deadly accident in the Florence region. She was little more than a spy for France in any case, and will not be mourned.

The capture of Breslau, at long last, by Lord Becker and the exceptional lifting of the siege of Florence by Duke Steffen bear mentioning here for their brilliance. Also Prinz Dieter handled the matter of the rebels near Venice perfectly, and is widely known now as a fair fighter.

The final engagement of the season saw me leading the garrison of Hamburg into the field against the foolish Russian noble who lay siege there. Needless to say, he was killed and his men driven off with heavy losses, though it cost the lives of many militia soldiers.

Funds were insufficient to allow for construction, so this is a recruitment report alone. The outdated siege works at Rheims were sold to fund recruitment of a bombard there.

First, dismissals and disbandments. Most of the men under Captain Ruprecht near Arhus were disbanded due to their inability to maintain a clean camp and the high cost of their upkeep. All that remains are the men from my levy, the longbowmen and Albanians. Also the militia soldiers under Captain Elberhard, near Prague, were dismissed from service. (Don't know what I have to do to make the Danes move, but I'm sick of having sick men sit around eating on our dime.)

Franconia
    Arhus: retrained 1 Crossbow militia and trained 1 Crossbow militia, 1 Spear militia
    Hamburg: retrained 1 Crossbow militia, 1 Town militia and trained 1 Spear militia
    Madgeburg: trained 3 Pavise Crossbowmen
    Breslau: retrained Crossbow militia

Austria
    Prague: retrained 1 Crossbow militia, trained 2 Spear militia
    Vienna: retrained 1 Town militia, trained 2 Town militia
    Ragusa: trained 3 Mounted Crossbowmen
    Venice: retrained 1 Spear militia

Bavaria
    Innsbruck: retrained 2 Dismounted Feudal Knights, 1 Teutonic Knights
    Marsellies: retrained Mercenary Crossbowmen, Mercenary Ribault and trained Merchant Cavalry militia

Swabia
    Staufen: retrained 1 Mounted Crossbowmen, 1 Feudal Knights and trained 1 Mounted Crossbowmen
    Antwerp: Hired 2 Merc. Crossbowmen, 3 Merc. Pikemen, 1 Merc. Ribault and retrained 1 Halberd militia, 1 Spear militia and trained 1 Halberd militia
    Rheims: retrained 1 Spear militia and trained 1 Bombard, 1 Crossbow militia
    Dijon: retrained 1 Spear militia and trained 2 Spear militia

Outremer
    Nicosia: equipped 2 Teutonic Knights and Count von Salzgitter's guardsmen with superior weapons
    Acre: trained 3 Mounted Crossbowmen
    Adana: trained 2 Pavise Crossbowmen, 1 Dismounted Feudal Knights

The defensive season begins with Count Erlach facing a difficult sally from the garrison of Genoa. I believe he should withdraw, but I will send him a message and leave the matter for him to decide.

http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/kotr1366-6.zip

Edit: Images are being added, just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Fritz von Kastilien

With the viceroy's need to attend to some pressing business soon (i.e. Overknight needing to go on reserve duty for a bit) I believe I must finish up here in Cyprus as quickly as possible. I'm going to make an attempt to take out that Greek army with my own rather unorthodox one. If I succeed I can press on to move back to the mainland, if I see failure as likely I can fall back to the walls of Nikosia, hopefully having put a major dent in their forces.

Chancellor, are any funds available for me to pick up some mercenaries to replace my losses from the assault of Nikosia?

Alas, the offensive season has closed Count von Salzgitter. Next season I will review the situation, and in all odds I will be able to make available sufficient funds to secure every mercenary in the region. Your ships are also still nearby, and might be able to ferry as many as twelve companies of men back to the Antioch region next season.

Fritz von Kastilien

OOC: After we get through these defenses I'll free up as much money as you need. One of the reasons I didn't want OK inside Adana is his vacation. We'll find a way to make it work, but I have a bad feeling it may cost us Adana. Still, that's not a bad trade against Nicosia.

OOC: Sorry, I missed the last part of your report about at least one battle for the defensive season.

Should be an interesting battle for Cyprus. Even the mercs include no melee infantry. Wish I knew exactly what was in that Byz army.

I've never played with a mostly ranged army before, it should be fun.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Chancellor, may I request that the troops trained in Swabia be spearmen, horsemen or men at arms rather than crossbow militia and other varities of crossbows? Several of our forces consist to a half of missile units, which makes them rather unwieldly, and the crossbow is such a cowardly weapon.

Staufen for instance is capable of training knights and footmen, and I see little reason to waste good florins on a cross bow mounted upon a horse.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Indeed, I welcome training requests from my commanders in the field. My reasons for selecting the companies I do is most often economical. I attempt to balance the largest quantity of men, in the most flexible formation, for the cheapest price. Finances permitting I will follow all specific requests posted here for each season, and as Swabia is my area of focus finances should certainly permit.

Fritz von Kastilien

OOC: Mounted crossbowmen are high utility and durability, plus they get to the front quickly and are cheap, but anything you want in Swabia you'll get, at least for a few more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP
    OOC: Mounted crossbowmen are high utility and durability, plus they get to the front quickly and are cheap, but anything you want in Swabia you'll get, at least for a few more seasons.
    OOC: Bring on the elephants!

IC: I agree that they are fast moving, but in the grand scheme of things, they travel no further than their knightly counterparts. I would prefer mailed knights and imperial knights if teutons cannot be had.

For infantry, footmen from Staufen are always welcome and the cities could provide spear militia and retrain mercenaries. I would caution against cavalry militia as these cannot even seem to bring down a footman in a charge.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Count Erlach has withdrawn from the walls of Genoa (Due to his not having logged in for a week there doesn't seem to be any point in waiting 48 hours for what is probably a battle in which he could, at best, ding the French a little and retreat) and now Count Ruppel is under attack at a river crossing west of Dijon. Count Ruppel has been sent a letter regarding his circumstances.

After Count Ruppel's battle, unless circumstances somehow change substantially, Hugo de Cervole and Ludwig von Bohmen will be assaulted on the bridge west of Antwerp, reinforced by the garrison of Antwerp and a substantial quantity of mercenaries.

After that we'll have to wait and see.

Fritz von Kastilien

Last edited by FactionHeir; 02-18-2008 at 19:46.

Congratulations on a magnificient victory Count Ruppel! Sir de Cervole has been informed of his battle. (I believe he won't be able to get to it until tomorrow, his time, say ~16 hours or so, well within the time limit. After you fight, Tristan, save the game as quickly as you can. I don't believe there will be any more defensive engagements, but there's no guarantee.)

The French refused to pay the ransom, claiming they lacked the funds.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Another heroic victory for the Reich...

http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/kotr1366-8.rar

The French refused to pay the 2156 florins of ransom

We've lost a bit under 600 men to the 1200 of the French...mostly pikemen, our artillery and missile infantry is almost untouched...

Von Bohmen nearly got killed from a lucky trebuchet shot and finished with his bodyguard numbering only 3 men (him included) but got 3-silver chevron in the bargain

I have a nice battle report in mind, will just have to find the time to write it and edit the screens...

[EDIT] I would like Hugo to be moved south hiding in woods near the position occupied by our spy Merowinger to be able to strike at Caen and capture the French King in the siege...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-19-2008 at 12:36.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Excellent Sir de Cervole! You movements will be as you request, but you may wish to reconsider if a Crusade is called. You would be unable to participate in a crusade if you are riding solo through the countryside.

Fritz von Kastilien

OOC: I'll be taking the save to make sure there are no more defensive battles in a little while, then I'll put together a report over the course of the next few hours.

I request that my force be bolstered so I can go on crusade post haste. I would request that it be called on Bordeaux to take out one of their citadels in the heartland rather than Caen which is within striking distance alrady or Rennes which bring them little benefit.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP
    You would be unable to participate in a crusade if you are riding solo through the countryside.
    Chancellier, I will leave the crusading to others... I think that taking the French King into custody is worth my delaying one season before joining that most holy of endeavours...

Would you send orders to The Merowinger fellow towards his infiltrating Caen ?
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Indeed, our spy anticipates little difficulty in inflitrating Caen (IIRC he was 88% last season).

Oh, and Bordeaux or Rennes were my preferred targets. I considered Zaragosa, since most of our commanders are in the north, but it wouldn't really be of much benefit.

OOC: I'm putting the save up before I make any changes so that Econ can teleport Prince Stenkil. Also since OK is probably very busy getting ready for his trip, he can fight the battle at Adana at any time, no need to wait for my reports, just post that you're taking it.

http://www.mizus.com/files/pbm/kotr1368.zip

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

I can slip a fight in, taking the save to relieve Adana.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

I can crack that Hungarian force sieging Zagreb tonight or on Friday night.

Which would you prefer Ramses?

I'm going to open the offensive season after OK fights. I'm still prepping the reports, but you should be able to take your shot tonight AG. I'll have the report up within, oh, an hour or so from when OK finishes up.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Chancellor,

Adana has been relieved and the Greek army eliminated. The Basileus does not take failure well, he refused a ransom offer. Unless the Greeks in Iconium march on the Citadel, or the Turks turn south, Adana is safe for now.

I have taken a serious wound in the battle however, I am afraid that I will not be able to take the field for some time. I suggest that Count Andreas assume responsibility for the defense of the Adana region, once free of Cyprus, while I retire to the Iron Bridge to recuperate.

Matthias

OOC: The primary uploader seems to be working again.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1368-1.zip
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Chancellor's Report, 1368.

In summary 1366 was a year of success and advancement on almost all fronts. Lord Becker captured Breslau. Viceroy Matthias destroyed another Byzantine army aimed at the Iron Bridge and Count von Salzgitter captured Nicosia. No less than three full French armies were destroyed in the Swabian theatre, while in Bavaria the siege of Florence was thrown off and Marsellies was retaken from the French. Zagreb fell to Duke Arnold's advance, and the Russian siege of Hamburg was lifted.

Harold Steffen and Fritz Becker have come of age, in Milan and Breslau respectively. Congratulations to their fathers. Another German bishop has ascended to the College of Cardinals.

Let me also state that, as events in the Diet have revealed, the Reich is often it's own worst enemy. Choose your allies with care, nobles of the Reich, a time of great difficulty is on the horizon. May God grant victory to all just Germans, and bring terrible vengeance on all who are unjust.

Diplomatic Report

The Pope is so pleased with us, that he consults us before declaring a Crusade against France. The King of France has fallen under the sway of a vile heretic and is placing the immortal souls of his subjects at risk, so Pope Pierus requests that the nobles of the Reich take the people of France into their sheltering hands. The target of the crusade is one of the core French training facilities, Anger. Any German noble in any theatre requesting to join the Crusade will be heard out, so make your desire known.

In more ominous news, merchants out of the east bring word of a terrible threat. It would seem the heirs of the Mongols have decided to march west once again. It is not yet clear where this new threat will land, but I suspect we will discover that information shortly.

I am saddened to report the loss of the spy Hermann von Franconia, who fell scouting a Danish army. In better news, Genoa and Caen were both infiltrated by spies of the Reich, and both men report that they are working hard to secure contacts at the gates.

The Office of the Exchequer

The financial situation declined somewhat due to the large quantity of florins required to pay upkeep on our many armies, but training continued at every citadel except Palermo. Additionally several militia garrisons were filled out, notably at Prague. Over twenty seven thousand florins are available for use this season, and with the Papacy paying for soldiers on Crusade we can expect an increase to that number in the next season.

A Teuton's Guildhouse was offered and accepted for Vienna despite the siege there.

The Physician's Office

Captain Ruprecht, near Arhus, has still not managed to clean up his dramatically smaller camp. If the man cannot find a way to be rid of the plague soon I will dismiss all of his men from service, even those who are nominally a part of my levy. (This is getting absurd.)

Captain Michel, near the river crossing which Count Ruppel defended in Swabia, cannot shake the plague either. I am of a mind to dismiss his men from service and simply purchase a new company of ribault men next season.

Captain Dimarus, reinforcing Sir von Luxemburg, now commands the sole significant quantity of the Reich's soldiers who suffer from the plague. I am open to suggestions as to how to clean up his men and make an end to the plague's presence in our lands.

In happier news, the plague has come to an end at Prague. Lord Becker if you have any advice on managing the plague for Captain Dimarus I will be pleased to pass it along. Your city recovered spectacularly.

The War Office

In Outremer the Byzantines took advantage of the absence of Viceroy Matthias at Adana to launch a siege, one which he is even now in the process of lifting from the outside. The Byzantine army on Cyprus, stunned by Count von Salzgitter's sudden move to take the citadel of Nicosia, has recovered and lays siege there. I expect neither man will have too much difficulty with their sallies.

Bavaria was quiet. The French inside Genoa seem to be hunkering down, perhaps hoping for reinforcements. A French army is moving towards Marsellies, but they must cross a bridge before they can arrive, and I expect Hermann Steffen will have something to say in that regard. The last Byzantine army in Italy waited patiently for their annihilation, which I imagine Duke Steffen will be providing very soon. A small group of Feudal Knights, marching north to Innsbruck for retraining, was ambushed by a Hungarian army northwest of Venice and forced to withdraw. The force seems too small to present much threat, but it's presence is noteworthy.

Swabia saw two magnificient defensive battles, and will soon see the launching of the French Crusade. For now Antwerp is safe, and the theatre as a whole is prepared to advance. Welf von Luxemburg, with Captain Dimarus as reinforcements, faces a large and powerful French army, while Count Ruppel must consider the French army to his south which may threaten Bern in the years to come. Sir de Cervole will be working again with the spy Merowinger, preperatory to a possible attack against Caen. Two armies of French rebels, one near Bern and one west of Rheims, appear to be aiding our efforts, not so much because they prefer us as to spite the French.

Franconia saw Duke Dieter depart Madgeburg for the first time in many years. The Poles immediately took Madgeburg under siege again, and marched an army past Madgeburg to the south, perhaps aimed at Frankfurt. If Count von Tyrolia is not able to fight Duke Dieter may have to march back to Madgeburg to defend it once again.

Austria saw the first decisive action from the Hungarians since their extermination of Zagreb, as Zagreb is once more under siege and Vienna has also been attacked. The men at Zagreb seem unlikely to ever return to their homelands, but the army at Vienna is of superb quality. I would advise Johann Zirn to coordinate a sally with Count von Hapsburg to at least weaken the Hungarians before any potential assault next season. The Venetians and Byzantines appear to be at a stalemate over Durazzo.

The offensive season is now open! (Unless there are a lot of objections I'm in favor of extending the offensive season longer than the traditional 24 hours. Anyone who isn't fighting but has very specific movements they wish to make, or who may want to make movements that you don't wish another player to be aware of can make them after all offensive actions are done or can PM me screenshots and I will make them. If it's me you're trying to hide your movement from, you're out of luck. Econ will warp Prince Stenkil at some point, but otherwise, take your actions at will.)

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1368-2.zip

Offensive recommendations will proceed soon. Lord Becker's situation, in particular, requires careful examination.

Fritz von Kastilien

OOC: Hmm, actually I need to add money to the AI factions. I'll do that now and put up a new save.

Latest save is here:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/kotr1368-3.zip

Offensive season open!

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast