Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Diet IV

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet IV

Elberhard:

@#$%^&!!! it! It looks like I've gone off half-@#$%^&ed!!! My brother Hans, raises an excellent point about Count Fredericus of Hamburg standing for Chancellor. Well done, Hans - you always was the brains in the family.

Electors, you don't need a @#$%^&!!!ing Jonny-come-lately like me to remind you that Fredericus was narrowly defeated by Ulrich Hummel at the last Chancellorship election. He is a good chap, who has served the Reich well for many years. His experience vastly outweighs my own. And, being both a Franconian and in Outremer, he is well qualified to oversee perhaps the two most tricky parts of this term's business: the crusade on Moscow and our defense against the Horse Lords.

I've communicated with Count Fredericus and he has expressed an interest in running for Chancellor. Consequently, I am withdrawing my half-@#$%^&!!! candidacy in favour of a better man.

I have volunteered, however, to run as Co-Chancellor for Count Fredericus. This is merely to spare the Diet from having to appoint a fourth Chancellor this term in the unhappy event that Count Fredericus is taken away from us before 1260. With all respect, Count Fredericus is a @#$%^&!!!ing great bloke, but he ain't no spring chicken.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Arnold stands in his seat and pounds the table with his fist in frustration

On, off, on, off, up, down, in, out...

...what the hell is this Elberhard!!?? This is not meant to look like your ass in some hay loft with a serving wench!!

And isn't that just !"$$£"£"$ing stupid suggesting we elect someone that might not even live for another year??!!

No disrespect to Count Fredericus and I'm sure he is a @#$%^&!!!ing great bloke as you mention but Christ man...he's nearly dead. The last thing we need is more uncertainty...the bloody merchants are getting nervous, various agents I have in Hungary are reporting that we are being preceived as weak and unorganised...

...Christ, I'm even tempted to run now just for the hell of it.

Are you going to change your mind again Elberhard...or is this the end of it?

Ansehelm:
    Well if we're not going to have a run for chancellorship I think things are easy. If it would be up to me Fredericus can get it, I would only run for chancellorship if Elberhard wouldn't get competition. He's a good man, and will surely make a good chancellor, I suggest you put yourself forward as candidate for the next full session Elberhard.

And I also think it's a great idea that we have a co-chancellor, as you say Fredericus isn't the youngest of us all, he's one of the last Mohicans, there are little like him left.
    Last edited by Stig; 07-15-2007 at 21:12.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

No disrespect to Count Fredericus and I'm sure he is a @#$%^&!!!ing great bloke as you mention but Christ man...he's nearly dead.
    That is why Elberhard is running as co-Chancellor.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Conrad Salier:

That is why Elberhard is running as co-Chancellor.
    Thanks for that, my point is, why even bother with a co-Chancellor position at all then?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

He is 57. The past two Kaisers died at 62.

Besides, there was no mention of his advanced age at the Diet Session when he was running for a full term. Now, considering the fact that he has had less to do then he would have had he won, and considering the fact that he will be completing his term on the exact same date as he would if he won back in 1240, I fail to see the problem.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

I also support the idea of my father taking the reigns of this chancellorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Ansehelm:
    And I also think it's a great idea that we have a co-chancellor, as you say Fredericus isn't the youngest of us all, he's one of the last Mohicans, there are little like him left.

And my dear cousin, would you kindly restrain yourself from talking about my father in such a crude way in this august body? What is a "mohican" anyways?

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Tiberius/Fred/Mark/Isaak Member flyd's Avatar

I do feel the need to apologize to the Diet and to Elberhard. I now supplant him, even though I don't disagree with anything he proposed. In fact, if I didn't run, I would vote for him. So, why then, do I run?

The Reich is in disarray at the moment. It's true, there is no need to hide it. I've never seen anything like this, and I've seen an Emperor attack a Pope. It seemed like the worst thing that could possibly happen. It took a lot of time (and Popes) to fix that mess, but we had a series of good Chancellors who fixed it. Hummel's mess could have been undone too, and it's not like the current Emperor was doing a poor job, but he did choose a most inopportune time to resign, when the Reich needed stability more than anything else.

This is a very critical time, and I, personally, am not prepared to take any chances. I suspect that Elberhard would do well, but I can't be certain of it. He is Henry's son, but he has not accomplished much personally, yet. He makes good promises, but those are not enough anymore; after all, more than half of this Diet was fooled by Hummel's promises.

Still, I trust the man enough to be my co-Chancellor. It is a bit unprecedented (unless you count the Romans), but it's the best way to ensure stability. I may die before the term is out, but if you're still not convinced, then I pledge that if three of the five dukes and kings are unsatisfied with my progress, I'll let him take charge, and be his co-Chancellor. I'll be damned if we have another Diet session before 1260.
    Βασιλεοπατωρ Ισαακιος Κομνηνος
    Basileopator Isaakios Komnenos

(Save Elberhard)

What is a "mohican" anyways
    All my life I have lived in the high north, there were Nordic mercenaries here, and they talked about their ancestors who settled a far-away land where people lived who called themselves Mohicans ... and there over time more of them died and died. It's a long and boring story.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    All my life I have lived in the high north, there were Nordic mercenaries here, and they talked about their ancestors who settled a far-away land where people lived who called themselves Mohicans ... and there over time more of them died and died. It's a long and boring story.
    Well...alright then...

*visibly relaxes*

I am just trying to help keep the tone around here...civil...

[OOC: Good save! ]

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

Standing and addressing Fredericus directly

My Lord, you are certainly the man with the most experience amongst us all here in the Diet.

Having heard you speak, finally, I am more than relieved to hear your views on the Reich and ruling it for the next decade.

Do you have any opinions on what you will do in the time that you hold office?

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Kaiser Jobst stands

I did not wish to give the Reich more trouble, so I resigned.

But I wish for all of you to know, though I resigned as Chancellor, it does not mean my duties as Kaiser have slackened, and I shall put even more effort into being Kaiser.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Then I shall applaud both Fredericus and Jobst for their work this term and in the coming ones.
    I have no doubts that the empire will shine again in its former glory.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I will damned well vote for my squire's mongrel dog if he would ensure that the attack on the Milanese islands was pressed home.

Diet Speaker: This Emergency session of the Diet is now closed. Count Fredericus of Hamburg is elected Chancellor unopposed!

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Hear hear!
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Matthias looks about quizzically.

Congratulations to Chancellor von Hamburg, but what about the voting on the proposed Amendment?

I suggest we vote on it while the Chancellor carries out his duties.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

(The Diet Speaker scurries in hurriedly, wearing a dressing gown and a long night cap.)

Diet Speaker: Goodness gracious, young Mathias Steffen is quite right! We must vote on Charter Amendment 3.1. I will set the scribes to organising the vote immediately.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Congratulations to Chancellor von Hamburg.
    I hope I may now set out for Outremer in earnest and arrive before the end of the term.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I am joyed to hear, that finally the reign has passed on to a Franconian. Fredericus the Crusader will finally pull us out of this mess and set the Reich back on track!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Congratulations to my fellow Franconian Fredericus. I am looking forward to the coming years, and I believe you are the man to lead our Reich to lighter days and lesser worries.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

I extend my congratulations to Fredericus for providing the steady hand we need for the coming years.

I must say, just when I thought things were getting back on track the Speak of the Diet goes and forgets legislative voting...

...I'm sure our fathers and grandfathers would be turning in their graves about all this.

Looking around to the Austrian benches Arnold retrieves his shield and sword while leaving the chamber

Sigismund!! where are you man?!!

THE CHANCELLOR HAS GIVEN HIS ORDERS, BUDAPEST WILL BE MINE OR YOU AND THE AUSTRIAN HOUSE ARMY WILL DIE TRYING!!!

The advisors and captains following Arnold can be seen looking at each other in startled alarm at this statement.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here, lord!

Sigismund and his entourage quickly follow Duke Arnold.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Matthias is distraught by the news of his brother Markus's death.

This is. . .is terrible.

God, I wish the seas had swallowed that damned Island years ago! We have met nothing but pain there, and even this triumph was paid for in blood. Why did it have to be Markus?

I wish I had never proposed that edict. I wish Duke von Kassel had never proposed the first one. All this for some wind swept speck of dirt forgotten by God.

What a waste.

Matthias slumps over his desk and becomes silent.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Blog Entries

Conrad Salier:

Why did it have to be Markus?
    As opposed to?

Yes, we all grieve for Markus. Myself included. But please remember that wishing the unfortunate death upon another is not the way that Christ would want it. Markus died for a higher cause. It was the Milanese who allowed Corisca to fall out of the Lord's vision for saw long. It was the Milanese who allowed that abominable witch take hold of so many good men. We are purging the island of evil forces and bringing it back to the welcoming light of Christianity.

I am sure that Markus, God rest his soul, is at peace knowing that due to his sacrifice the many inhabitants of the island can be saved once again.

I mirror the feelings of my fellow Electors. It is a shame that such a young life has ended, but yet he died for the things he believed in and finally helped to bring that wretched island under our control. It is indeed a reminder how costly expansion can be for the Reich.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

I grieve for the entire Steffen family. I never really knew Markus, but I did know his two brothers and his father who was my mentor.

My god rest his soul.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-19-2007 at 15:01.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

I am sorry for my absences yet again, but the French are just too stubborn and I must be stationed near Paris. I mourn for Markus even though I have not met him, but judging from accounts of the battle, he sacrificed himself so that we could win.

On another note, I am extremely happy that our new Chancellor has paid attention to our defences and the House armies are finally getting reinforced
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

A hush falls over as the diet doors open to reveal Gerhard Steffen

He slowly walks into the light, his eyes red from meany hours weeping, his face pale and strangely without emotion.

As Gerhard passes the seat that his son Markus held, he pauses then turns away as tears start to stream down his face.

He continues to his seat where he takes a second to compose himself, then starts to speak

I have expierenced the greatest pain that any parent ever could ever, my second son was cut down by a group of vile green #$%&@#%s who will know the true meaning of wrath when I am done with them.

He fought bravely, but the lord in his 'infinate wisdom' decided to take him from this earthly plane.

Chancellor Fredericus von Hamburg, I request that the Bavarian household Army be conviened on Sardinia so that I can burn, pillage, and slaughter my way to Caralis, and end the Milanese once and for all.

(OOC: assuming that the Spanish havn't/won't take Caralis, and I understand that with my leaving in 8 hours that I can't fight the battle till monday, which should give a turn or 3 for preperations to be made, I'll PM flydude as well)
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

I mourn for poor Markus Steffen, knowing what it is like to lose a friend to battle. He is a hero of the Reich - let a statue be erected in his honor in Ajaccio!
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast